Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:48:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 201
Total: 201

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: St Valentine's Day? .....Naw it's Arizona's Birthday!  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Tucsonwoody

St Valentine's Day? .....Naw it's Arizona's Birthday!
« on: February 14, 2007, 01:07:57 pm »
Yup - that's right.  Don't know why everyone is so het up about some old saint when they shoud be celebrating the 95th birthday of the greatest state in the USA (despite the efforts of the politicians to ruin it).

And I don't want any lip from any of you who think your state is the greatest...your just plain wrong of course.

So Happy Birthday Zona!

[attachment deleted by admin]
And I wished for guidance, and I wished for peace
I could see the lightning; somewhere in the east
And I wished for affection, and I wished for calm
As I lay there - Nervous in the light of dawn

Offline Razorbill

Re: St Valentine's Day? .....Naw it's Arizona's Birthday!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 01:12:37 pm »
Happy Birthday to the Baby State!

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 02:30:46 pm »
Happy birthday to the state of Arizona!  I've always loved it when I visited Phoenix and thought I wouldn't mind living in that state--though do you guys ever get cold, snowy winters anywhere--I have never heard of it not being warm, but I thought I'd check?  Because that would be a deal breaker for me since winter gets old.  And don't worry, I would never ever in a million years claim Indiana is the best state.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 02:33:07 pm by Coffeechick88 »
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline Tucsonwoody

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 05:30:45 pm »
Hey Coffee - good to hear from you.

Of course it's not an Indiana winter but here in Tucson we actually got a little (like an inch) of snow in late January.  Think it was the first time in 5 years or more.  Coldest here so far was a couple of days in the high teens - low 20's.  Believe it or not, that amount of snow causes us to go nuts...schools close, people stay home from work...you'd think it was a blizzard! :)  Last week it was in the high 70's...really nice.

Here are a couple of pics from our snow day and you can click the links to get some webcam shots of our beautiful mountains taken from the U of A and another one that shows a 360 of the city.  Kinda cloudy and rainy today, but we will take all the rain we can get.

Stay warm  :P

http://www.airinfonow.org/html/pics.html

http://www.cs.arizona.edu/camera/

[attachment deleted by admin]
And I wished for guidance, and I wished for peace
I could see the lightning; somewhere in the east
And I wished for affection, and I wished for calm
As I lay there - Nervous in the light of dawn

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 05:47:26 pm »
When I was a little, little guy... like 2... we lived in Ft. Huachuca (or however it's spelled). 

My sister was born in Arizona... so happy birthday to the last of the lower 48!
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Gary85741

• Native Virginian living in Tucson AZ
    • Good guy, good heart
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 08:06:30 am »

One good thing about Tucson's recent snow (in my area it snowed for a few minutes mixed with rain...no accumulation) was that it gave the local TV news something to lead off with other than the usual daily murder and sex abuse scandal, both of which are usually delved into in exhausting detail.

Gary
Poz since '89. 
Current regimen: Rescriptor, Emtriva, Kaletra, Invirase, Acyclovir, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Prilosec, Valium, Testim, Nandrolone, Loperamidr, Marinol.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.