Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:49:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773453
  • Total Topics: 66366
  • Online Today: 390
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 249
Total: 250

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: ScaredAf  (Read 8326 times)

Offline ScaredAf

• Standard
ScaredAf
« on: April 20, 2023, 06:07:54 pm »
Hi,

I am a male who had sex with a female 3 months ago. We had sex with condom. So, no risk there. However, both were drunk, and before sex, we did some frotage with our genitals. The problem is that there was a moment that she was over me, and she had her vagina over my penis, touching it. I'm not sure if there was dipping or not (I was drunk and can't remember).
know it's not possible to tell if I have HIV ARS by symptoms or not. But at the moment, I'm too scared to have a blood test. I would like to receive an opinion about the symptoms I had:
- they started 1 week after the sexual encounter
- they started as a headache, without fever, but sometimes I'm at 98.6 F.
- Fatigue, weakness, occasional dizziness, dry mouth

3 months later:
- Exactly the same symptoms, continually: chronic headache, fatigue, weakness, occasional dizziness, dry mouth.

If it were ARS, having these symptoms for 3 months seems plausible? I'm too scared to test, but might do it in the future.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 06:13:05 pm by ScaredAf »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: ScaredAf
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 06:33:31 pm »
Hiya,

Most of what you posted would have nothing to do with initial HIV infection, and the rest isn't HIV specific, so see your healthcare provider and treat whatever is causing you to feel unwell.

The main issue is the vast majority of people will have no or at least not noticeable symptoms and therefore testing is the only way to know your HIV status.

I'm not sure if there was dipping or not (I was drunk and can't remember).

Frottage isn't an HIV risk; dipping is just what people say to excuse condomless intercourse morally. So let's not play games and call it condomless intercourse.

I'm too scared to test

I'm sorry to hear that you are scared, however, testing isn't going to hurt you or change your HIV status.

Get tested as it will give you peace of mind, or if the result is reactive, no panic as it will let you treat HIV early, letting you live a long and healthy life; if you don't test and you are living with HIV it will do measured and unmeasured damage to you, leading to disabilities or death after a really nasty fucked up time.

So, in short, no point in living in limbo about your HIV status; if you are adult enough to have sex, then you should be mature enough to get an STI and HIV screening.

Since it's been three months, go see a clinic or healthcare provider and test to confirm your HIV status. If it's non-reactive, then start using condoms correctly and consistently if you want to reduce your future HIV risks.

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 06:37:32 pm »
Seriously get tested. Living with HIV is a piece of piss (easy to do). Plenty of things are more complicated or difficult in life, but not testing now and dying down the road with AIDS is seriously fucked up, and you can prevent it by getting tested now.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 06:40:44 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline ScaredAf

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 07:12:00 pm »
Thank you very much Jim, I will definitely get tested next week. Just to clarify, what I meant for dipping is: i'm 100% sure it wasn't deep penetration. The only doubt I got is this: my penis was half-erected (I was drunk), and she was on me. I don't know or couldn't feel if my penis entered the vagina. In case it entered, it would be "the entrance of the vagina" (not deep). I don't know if that would change my chances. Also, the symptoms lasting 3 months would be also not very common, right?
Thanks again!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 07:16:31 pm by ScaredAf »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 09:19:46 pm »
Asked and answered already

Most of what you posted would have nothing to do with initial HIV infection, and the rest isn't HIV specific, so see your healthcare provider and treat whatever is causing you to feel unwell.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 03:52:10 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 09:37:06 pm »
Thank you very much Jim,

You're welcome.

I'm not sure if there was dipping or not (I was drunk and can't remember).

Just to clarify, what I meant for dipping is: i'm 100% sure it wasn't deep penetration.

I've answered already about the HIV risk from condomless penetration.

You said you were so drunk you can't remember, I believe you and in any case condomless intercourse (penetration) is an HIV risk that warrents testing to confirm you HIV status.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 03:53:05 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline ScaredAf

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2023, 03:54:39 am »
Thank you again, Jim. I know I had a risk and I will 100% get tested. I know it doesn't change anything, but I would like your opinion about my possibilities for being positive or negative, just to know if I should expect a negative result or not. I know I was drunk, but what I don't remember is if it was dipping or not. What I'm 100% sure is that there was not deep penetration. And if it was deeping, it was for just 5 seconds. I know I still can be positive for that, but I would really like your personal opinion about this risk + symptoms lasting 3 months. Thank you again!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2023, 04:27:00 am »
I know it doesn't change anything, but I would like your opinion about my possibilities for being positive or negative

Thankfully, HIV is pretty difficult to pass on even when all the conditions are perfect for it to be passed on, and as the insertive partner, there is less exposure than being the receptive partner for several biological reasons. So that is in your favour.

However, from a risk assessment point of view, we presume the other person is living with HIV untreated and you had condomless penetration; This meets all the biological and environmental conditions needed for you to acquire HIV; it's a known HIV transmission route and, actually, the primary route people acquire HIV and there are tons of factors we don't know such as; What stage the person is at, their viral load, presence of other STIs etc. etc. so I can't calculate your personal odds or say what the result will be.

Also, I don't know what else you have done before the encounter posted about here.

In short, I believe you had condomless penetration, how far your penis went into her vagina is totally irrelevant and considering you were pissed out of your head on the night in question, I am not going to believe much of what you tell me.

You had condomless intercourse; it's an HIV risk. Go get tested.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline ScaredAf

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2023, 08:39:09 am »
Hola! Soy un hombre, y la semana pasada tuve un encuentro con una mujer, de la que desconozco su estado. Hicimos sexo oral. Entiendo que el sexo oral que le practiqué a ella tiene poco riesgo, ademas fue en la zona externa de la vulva (clítoris, etc.). El problema vino con la felación que me practicó. Enseguida noté que me hizo mucho daño cada vez que la introducía en su boca (no se si eran sus dientes o algun tipo de succión que hacía ella). Después hicimos sexo, pero con protección. Al acabar, me miré la punta del pene, y vi que tiene heridas por la felación que me hizo. Que yo sepa no salió sangre, y parecen heridas más bien internas, pero hay una herida al lado de la uretra. Las heridas parecen como "petequias", es decir, parecen como sangre o heridas internas en la cabeza del pene, y al lado de la uretra, o quizás una parte dentro de la uretra.
Qué riesgo corro? Creo que ella no tiene heridas en la boca...
Gracias!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2023, 09:14:00 am »
I merged your threads, but next time, it will be a timeout (ban) from the forums. Post in your own thread, regardless of the language

As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed

Anyhow, receiving a blowjob lacks the conditions required for acquiring HIV; thus, it makes sense that after 40+ years of this pandemic in terms of BJs, there hasn't been a single documented case of HIV transmission to an insertive partner (the person being "sucked"), and you will not be the worlds first. That it was an enthusiastic (aggressive) blowjob makes no difference, and the cunnilingus isn't an HIV concern.

Move on with your life!

Cualquier los detalles recibiendo el sexo oral no es un riesgo por el VIH y después de casi cuatro décadas no hay casos confirmados y el cunnilingus no es un riesgo de VIH.

Adelante con su vida y como eres sexualmente activo, hágase la prueba para detectar el VIH y las ITS por lo menos una vez al año.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 09:16:44 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.