Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:31:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 191
Total: 193

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Aniexty getting the better of me  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Ethanstones86

• Standard
Aniexty getting the better of me
« on: December 19, 2019, 03:45:17 pm »
Hi Forum

I have some confusion over a possible risk and would like some advice because I’m going out of my mind.

I am a bi guy and Around 3 weeks ago I had a threesome with 2 other guys. I gave blowjobs to both guys and even tho I didn’t let either cum in my mouth I am pretty sure there was some precum in my mouth. One of the guys was a little rough and when I went to the bathroom after it and spat into the sink there was a very small bit of blood in my spit. I didn’t brush my teeth for an hour before or after the threesome. One of the guys also fingered my ass and I am unsure if he had sperm on his hands as he masturbated himself until he ejeculated.

Roll on last week and I suddenly got a really sore throat, went hoarse, got headaches for days, sore muscles and a runny nose. I have this around 1 week now. I have done a lot of reading and some sites say it was a low risk and other say none.

I’m really startling to worry so any advice would be great

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Aniexty getting the better of me
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 03:52:26 pm »
Hiya,

If this was your only sexual activity/encounter I see no real HIV concern.
Now sorry to hear you are feeling unwell, although, it's not HIV specific, do see your GP if you continue to feel unwell sot hey can treat whatever is making you sick.

Regarding the concerned events, fingering is not an HIV risk regardless of why fluids they may have had on their fingers or not.

As for the BJ's, well a bit of blood can happen, it's not really an issue. See, generally speaking, the mouth simply lacks route (Cells to infect) for HIV, and even if there was damage to your mouth as in gaping open sores like meth mouth creating a possible route than saliva & air also act to neutralize HIV by damaging the receptors needed to infect human cells.

All in all, giving a blowjob is such a minute concern with regards to HIV that we don't even recommend specifically testing over it let alone stressing about it. Just get tested whenever you are next normally due a routine check-up.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP going forward as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as safe in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other easier to transmit STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Ethanstones86

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 04:14:45 pm »
Thank you Jim for your reassuring comments.

No other risks involved. There was no anal intercourse. There was some rubbing of penis against penis and possibly some rubbing against my Anya but no insertion.

My oral hygiene is fairly good however I do have 2 teeth with significantly gum reaeasion but it’s not infected and I have no open sores or meth mouth.

I know you don’t really consider symptoms but my real concern was these began overnight with no warning and happened around 12 days after the event so my initial fear was hiv seroconversion.

I called The helpline for HIV Ireland today a they said even though they said it wa a small risk they said maybe to take a rapid hiv test. This obviously started my panic to snowball.

I had my last full Sri screening in June which was clear for all sti/std and too a rapid test in October which was also negative (I topped a guy with a condom in July and tested for peace of mind).

Based on your comments Jim I take it I should just stop stressing and not test until next June?

Happy Christmas by the way

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 04:24:09 pm »
Hiya,

You tested in June, so if this was your only sexual encounter since March then there is no reason to run out and test.

Just test whenever next due routine screening.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Ethanstones86

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 04:50:46 pm »
Sorry I may have confused you.

In June i had a full screening and all came back clear so yes that meant I was covered to March.

I have had anal intercourse with a condom as a top in July so even tho it wasn’t a risk I took a rapid test in October which was negative so that covers the July sexual episode.

The only other went was the oral threesome in the star of this thread from 3 weeks ago that has me worried. As you said there was no real hiv risk so I will wait and test in June 20 for full screening (unless I have riakbevwnts before the ). Hopefully my summing up makes senSe.

Thanks for your support and reassurance Jim. You are a diamond chap

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 04:59:26 pm »
Hiya,

Yeah, that makes sense.

BTW When you do go in for your next screening instead of going through HIV Ireland you might want to consider seeing the HSE Clinics like in the Mater Hospital or St'James's

The reason is you could talk to them about PrEP, now although the government is being slightly stingy by limiting free PrEP to so called high-risk individuals, you might still want to talk to them about PrEP as an additional layer of protection in addition to the peace of mind it might offer you going forward.

https://www.sexualwellbeing.ie/sexual-health/prep/how-to-get-prep/

Best, Jim

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.