Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:08:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: so i decided to start taking medicine this month  (Read 4891 times)

Offline Xavier

so i decided to start taking medicine this month
« on: February 19, 2007, 04:36:03 pm »
travada and kalentra- my cd is just a little under 300 and my vl is like 100,000  sounds like a good time right?  i had all my tests done for my insides and everything is healthy so any tips on when to actually start, should i take a couple days off work or something? 

Offline Cheo63

Re: so i decided to start taking medicine this month
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 04:42:47 pm »
Hi Xavier,

I have been on meds for over 10 years now.  Thank God I had a very good doctor that he believed to start meds sooner than later.  I have been hearing laterly that doctors now are stating to begin early.  My cd4 has remained over 1000 for the past several years.  Last lab (October) my cd4 count was 1200.  Therefore, I should say to start now..........but that is my own personal opinion.   I didn't have to take any days off when I first started my meds (viramune, epivier,zerit - i'll be changing zerit very soon).  However, why don't you start taking your meds say on a Saturday, unless you work on Saturdays? 

Offline Pippet

• Life is drawing without an eraser.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 10:08:28 pm »
I am taking Truvada Reyataz / Norvir.  I started mine on a Fri after work and had the weekend off.  I didn't miss a day of work from taking my pills but I sure missed a lot of work from NOT taking them.   Outside of some headaches and yellowing of the eyes (you shouldn't have to worry about that one) I have had very minor side effects so far.

Good Luck, I hope things go smoothly for you.
 ;)
Diagnosed Aug. 2006
CD4 246, VL 202,000
Started Truvada/ Viramune 11-23-06
Taken off meds 12-06-06 (Bad Rash)
Started Truvada/ Reyataz, Norvir 1-18-07
Taken off Norvir 3-1-07 (Jaundice)
New doc 3-22-07
CD4 229  VL 1031
My latest cocktail...  Truvada and Kaletra (4-6-07)
CD4 289 VL 350 (5-15-07)
CD4 308 VL 115 (8-06-07)
CD4 349 VL 511 (11-5-07)
CD4 489 VL 383 (2-4-08)
CD4 483 VL <50 (5-6-08) YEAH
CD4 545 VL 108 (9-12-08)
CD4 409 VL <48 (1-27-09) YEAH
CD4 505 VL <48 (5-20-09)
CD4 385 VL <48 (9-15-09)
CD4 609 VL  159 (2-28-10)

Offline ARMANDO

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 09:43:21 am »
with all the complications from the meds,i had to ultimately file for disability,which was approved after 6 months and then was automatically eligible for social security.i clear close to 2000.00 a month combined and i still have all my medical and life insurances.i am very fortunate considering all the people i know that never had a chance and eventually died.i really dont imagine having to hold down a job and take theses horrible meds.i've been  hiv positive for about 20 yrs now and  have been undetectable for over 5 yrs.I look back at all the stuff i've been through and i often wonder how i survived but i'm still here.

Offline Regretsafew

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 05:28:40 pm »
Hey buddy,

Good luck on the meds...  I started in augest when my CD's were 357  and VL 100,000
now my CD's are  952  new VL is pending but my last one was only 80.  I was off work for about a week when I started but never had any really bad side effects. 

Hugs,

Joey

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 07:11:53 pm »
Hello Xavier,,

The numbers may indicate that your ready start, but the main thing is " are you comfortable and ready in starting treatment? Are you ready for the commitment, that is required?

As far as taking time off from work. I did take several days off from work, when I started on meds, But I probably didn't really need to. I handled the meds well, with very little side effects. A Lot depends on the type job you have, the physical/ mental stress of that job, and very well the type of medications you are taking, and of course your outlook. I would think, that if you have some time available, go ahead and take some of that time.

Take care----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Xavier

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 12:50:52 pm »
Okay so I'm really ready to start taking these pills, if they would ever get here...I took all week off work for it and i haven't done anything except play video games and a few house chores..I decided to just go in tomorrow, of course the pills will probably get here and UPS won’t leave them, then I’ll have to mess around with that…oh joy

Offline BlkRedBonenla

• My MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 02:53:55 pm »
I just started ATRIPLA Monday, and so far the worst side effect is that I cannot sleep. Everyone talks about the dreams. I WISH! To sleep? to Dream? NO MORE.I just lay there. It's like f*cking caffeine
- cd4 20 2/07 & 50K VL

**** 3/07 started ATRIPLA *******
- cd4 70 5/07 & Undetectable VL
- cd4 218 11/07 & Undetectable VL
-cd4 297 3/08 & Undetectable VL
-cd4 439 1/09 & Undetectable VL
-cd4 436 4/09 & Undetectable VL
-cd4 442 8/09 & Undetectable VL
-cd4 512 11/09 & Undetectable VL
-cd4 531 2/10 & Undetectable VL
-cd4 439??? 6/10 & Undetectable VL ...

"A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing, but some minds can only handle a little." - George Bernard Shaw

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.