Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:16:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 567
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 530
Total: 530

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: walking in Memphis  (Read 4098 times)

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
walking in Memphis
« on: July 20, 2006, 01:04:26 am »
I sit here watching a lively episode of Living Single and smoking what is now a celebratory cigar…My sister had her baby, finally and he is the cutest thing ever.  His FULL name is Matthew Riley Lamont Tallman…..but they are calling him Riley. He was a full 10 lbs and she had him via C Section.  I am so very happy for her and her husband Matt, but in the same phone call that gave me this wonderful news they also blasted me with some sad news. In a few months Matt has to go to Iraq =(  He was already in Afghanistan for most of my neice, Sandie’s life and now this…  He seems to be taking it fairly well so I decided not to bring it up too much.  He said that it gives him even more reason to bask in the happiness they are feeling right now as a family.

This afternoon I was at the Sleeping Bear Dunes for a bit and I got another phone call from a close friend of mine. Apparently he is moving to Memphis and wants me to go down with him  to look for apartments and such…so I’m excited for our little road trip! Thus my constant playing of “Walking in Memphis” by Marc Cohen which is already a good song, but now has some relevance in my own life. 

Just a little update from the peanut gallery!

xoxox Jenn

"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline Dachshund

Re: walking in Memphis
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 08:08:19 am »
Hey Jenn,

If you need any help let me know. I'm a Memphis boy and know this city like the back of my hand. I'll show you where all the bodies are buried.

Stay cool,
Hal ;D

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 08:13:04 am »
let me be the first.... 'AAAWWWWW'.  :-*    very cute, even though he seems to be wearing a Karate Robe.
babies in general really creep me out, maybe because you can see their brain pulsating through the top of  their skull.... Still, you cant help but wonder how we look through their eyes, and how they literally have the whole world ahead of them....oh ya and the free pass to the titty bar is good too.
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 11:24:03 am »
Oh Jenn, what a sweet little nephew!   Congratulations!
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 11:59:29 am »
Your new nephew is cute!!!

Let me know when your going to be in Memphis, would love the chance to meet you!

Dan

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 02:13:21 pm »
aw thank you all! I will definately let you guys know when I head down there! Hahahah I WISH he was wearing a karate robe! I just sent them a package with a little Led Zepplin, The Who, Bob Marley and Janis Joplin shirts and onesies! haha And a little Beatles shirt for my niece!  I'm sure my sister and brother in law will love that since they are country fans. MUAH HA HA
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 09:33:27 pm »
Congratulations Auntie!!

Thanks for sharing Riley's pic with us...adorable!! Sounds like you are already working on a great little wardrobe for him!!

And, I just love that song, too...was just listening to it the other day!

Take care on your road trip, honey, and post us some road-trip news when you can!

Love to you,

Zephyr :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 11:30:06 pm »

Aunt Jenn,

Congratulations on your cute new nephew.

I'll keep your brother-in-law in my thoughts. Sorry to hear he has to go to Iraq.

You'll love Memphis. I lived there for six years. I believe it to be one of the best cities in the south, and definitely is chock full of character per sq. mile. Lately I can't stop listening to Memphis Soul music. Amazing.

May Otis Redding be an angel at your side :)

brian

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.