Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 335
Total: 336

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: *** Coronavirus thread - Mental health & Isolation ***  (Read 17589 times)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
*** Coronavirus thread - Mental health & Isolation ***
« on: March 16, 2020, 04:08:19 pm »
This coronavirus thread is dedicated to sharing thoughts and ideas related to keeping busy and maintaining mental health during this time of physical distancing and/or isolation.

Please continue to post any other coronavirus updates, comments or questions in the original thread: https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=73775.0

I will continue to merge any new posts into one of the two Coronavirus threads, this effort is not only to avoid duplication but also to ensure people who want to discuss it can and, with the latest information.

Additionally, this means that members who are finding the topic particularly distressing or those wishing to take a break from COVID-19 can and aren't confronted with dozens of separate threads across the forum.

Thank you, best Jim.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 10:52:18 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline phoenix

Re: *** Coronavirus thread - Mental health & Isolation ***
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 09:51:48 pm »
Hi     With all the restaurants and everything else closed,  I was just wondering what everybody's doing to stay busy in these days of social distancing?  Since we decided not to get together and jam until this covid 19 thing is over , I picked up a new stomp box online and have been happily exploring some new sounds. We also have a bear in the window thing where you put a stuffed bear in your window and parents drive their kids around town to see the bears.     
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.                              The point of the journey is not to arrive.

Offline virgo313

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 09:47:50 am »
Just want to say to everyone to stay strong & think positive.
There is already few suicide case related to covid.
My country there is a case where he commit suicide while waiting for result.
Call someone if you are feeling the pressure. Tks
RVD Nov 2015. VL --> Log 5.32 HAART on 23/11/15
TDF+FTC+EFV / Chemo KS - 25/11/15 - 20/01/16.
CD4 - 4 (3/11/15) / VL - 225,000

Offline em

the new normal
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 12:05:49 am »
everyone is staying home afraid of what might be outside . isolated alone scared of what might be out there .  sorry if I chuckle that has been my life for the past thirty years .   welcome to my nightmare .

sorry if I sound callus unsympathetic more so pathetic might be ?  but this is a day in my life

my youngest who is fifteen said when is this going to end ? I said sharply without pause .  casually like this is what it is.   (  it is not this is the new normal . )  they said DAD not funny! My wife said you are going to scare him . while they were getting upset I said . someday you are going to tell your grandchildren when I was young we had this place called school where they herded us  all together in large groups this was how we learned . not in front of machine in our home .  it all changed rather quickly way back in the beginning of 2020 . 

they were not happy with me for painting this picture of how the future will be .

chuckle from it , frown from it , hate it, love to hate it ,  despise it . but this might be the new normal .   enjoy .   ?

EM   
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 12:26:46 am by em »

Offline em

Re: the new normal
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 12:55:26 am »
this thought just occurred to me .  Many many years ago my mother had told me when she was young they avoided large crowds .    swimming in lakes,   pools or beaches where lots of people might be .  to limit their chances of getting polio . the times  have changed but the things that happen have not history repeats itself . that is just how it is .   if you forget the past you are doomed to repeat it  if you recall the past these new things are nothing new . 

em

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 04:15:36 am »
Hi     With all the restaurants and everything else closed,  I was just wondering what everybody's doing to stay busy in these days of social distancing?  Since we decided not to get together and jam until this covid 19 thing is over , I picked up a new stomp box online and have been happily exploring some new sounds.

Well, I have kids so they do keep me busy, however, a few changes.

- Homeschooling
- Spending more time cooking
- Cleaned the balcony (Long overdue)
- Talking/Skyping more with my parents & friends

I also told myself I could do some eLearning or studying during this time, but we all know that's just not going to happen ;D

We also have a bear in the window thing where you put a stuffed bear in your window and parents drive their kids around town to see the bears.     

Seen similar in my area but then pictures and drawings of rainbows in the window.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:19:48 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline MitchMiller

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 01:37:46 am »
I'm wondering how long I might have to hold up in my condo.  I've only stepped outside a few times to get the mail and empty the trash.  It's been two weeks now.  I'm already contemplating canceling appointments in May and June that would require me to ride the public bus.  I'm planning to have my groceries delivered for the first time soon.  Here in Las Vegas, people aren't taking social distancing seriously.  The county ran out of test kits a week ago.  I see trouble coming in a couple weeks.

I'm optimistic that a treatment or vaccine will be found within the next 18 months, but that's a long jail sentence for being old.  Multiple antibody tests have already been invented so people can at least know if they've had it by sometime this summer.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 06:41:21 pm »
I'm wondering how long I might have to hold up in my condo.  I've only stepped outside a few times to get the mail and empty the trash.  It's been two weeks now.  I'm already contemplating canceling appointments in May and June that would require me to ride the public bus.  I'm planning to have my groceries delivered for the first time soon.  Here in Las Vegas, people aren't taking social distancing seriously.  The county ran out of test kits a week ago.  I see trouble coming in a couple weeks.

Ed and I have been seriously social distancing for two weeks now. Only going out to the grocery stores, take out food restaurants and going to Walgreens or CVS, as neccessary. we haven't had any friends over , nor have we any desire to go over any one's house as well. We just keep busy and active, and we still do walks daily. lol, we also started playing some "BORED" I mean Board games.  :)

The bus authority here, in Pinellas county Florida,( PSTA) has waived all fares for riders, AND you must enter the buses through the rear door, so you make no contact with the driver.  The only thing is, they cut the routes a lot. It operates on a Saturday schedule, 7 days a week. The are also supposedly disinfecting the buses daily.

I am also optimistic for a vaccine, but it's going to be a long haul, and it will get worse before it gets better. Us HIV positive folks know all about the long haul.

Take care---Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fabio

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 07:30:01 pm »
I'm currently at home,went for a really good bike ride that made me feel much better. I was feeling very down and thinking about unemployment (since I doubt any tourists will be coming over,hotels won't be working) and it got to me.
I am thinking of just writing essays for fun,maybe improve my writing skills (both Greek and English).
I am hoping everyone else is doing well....

Hugs, Fabian

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 08:29:45 pm »
So I've been watching this MedCram channel on YouTube for updates on Covid-19 and I found this particular installment interesting. Thought I'd share.. https://youtu.be/H1LHgyfPPQ8

Hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2020, 10:41:49 pm »
Been getting the walks in as well although, here in Ireland the rule is to stay within 2 KM (1.2 miles) radius of your home and the cops are checking people.

Had the dog that I share with the ex-wife over for a few days to have something to do on walks, throwing the ball etc on the green.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline fabio

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 02:43:28 am »
I just went to get coffee and introduced myself to the guy that always makes it for me,made him laugh a bit too haha. I wanted to post this to say that you should still keep smiling and have a good day,no matter what happens to the world now,it will be over soon.....
Btw,i kinda may have a crush on the guy too haha.....😂

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 08:07:07 am »
I am struggling to maintain my sanity. This is how I feel :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAj1ThalKb4

Offline fabio

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2020, 08:57:15 am »
I remember a parrot my previous boss had,it would fly over people's heads and make weird hiss noises. Christ,how scary it was 😂.
Things will get better grasshopper,we're gonna get through this thing together,try to do things to keep busy (listen to music,read a book,bake etc). Be safe 😊.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 11:32:25 am »

Thanks for that !  I already sent that out to about a half dozen people !  :)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 01:05:18 pm »

;D Yeah.

Laughing aside, as this crisis and distancing continue, the more uneasy I am getting and bad feelings from the past are starting to haunt me.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 01:58:25 pm »
;D Yeah.

Laughing aside, as this crisis and distancing continue, the more uneasy I am getting and bad feelings from the past are starting to haunt me.

Absolutely !  The way I look at it is,  as long as I can crack a smile or laugh at something through all this misery, I am OK.

When I am no longer able to smile or laugh, then I know I've crossed that threshold into that danger zone.

Hopefully that won't happen.  DAY BY DAY ! Keep busy- keep active . Stay focused ! And Follow the guidelines.

EDITED TO SAY:  Stay proactive with your doctors, and Remember their human also, and dealing with the same issues around them as we all are.

Stay well Everyone !
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:08:57 pm by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline em

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 12:28:10 am »
what's gion on today a sign of the times .

just had to tell someone this bothered me today . there is a new law no more than five people to a gathering. apparently no exceptions . 

at the end of the road I live on there is a graveyard. A hurst drove by with two cars in the funeral procession. 

scary times we live in .

I hope this does not come to pass . that if things take a turn for the ultimate living nightmare . a procession of precisions heading down my street of neverending hursts .   hopefully the measures taken will prevent this from coming true .  the future is not known and the outlook on this one in the times we are living in the questionable nightmarish outcome has yet to rear its ugly conclusion .  just offering a thought on a scary turn of events .  apparently HIV virus  was only the introduction the first act of a play called viral damage a tragedy of tragic proportions .   the real life story  of the damage a single virus can cause that we are living in   

please whoever is out there running this show  prove me wrong and not let this come to be.

we will survive. as long as we know how to love i know we will survive.  to miss quote Gloria Gaynor

our future will be full and bright .

where I live there is military fort . whose claim to  fame is a hundred years ago or so  they had the highest death toll of any fort . the battle was with TB . tuberculosis . well  more on that cheerful story for another time .  but the people lived on and as the generations were replaced with younger characters the memory of that tragedy was all but forgotten and just wanted to say this type of story is not a new one . 

life is change and this one is a big one .   just hold on tight and hope for be best

EM

« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 12:55:27 am by em »

Offline em

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 01:20:56 am »
just in case anyone out there who might be to young to know who Gloria Gaynor is and the song I will survive.

https://youtu.be/ARt9HV9T0w8

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 08:34:36 am »
I don't recall having experienced the aids epidemic as unnerving as this COVID shit.
As of today here in the Netherlands another 148 deaths as of yesterday, bringing the total up to 1487 and 502 new infections.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 09:03:55 am by Grasshopper »

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2020, 05:01:44 pm »

Agree with posts above.

Have also been through quite a bit in my life.

Yet, this COVID-19 situation is challenging my Mental Health,

Trying to keep my Spirits up with activities in the midst of other issues.

It doesn't help to witness some of the screwball behaviors of government folk.

Other social segments either.

A huge World Hug to Frontline Medical Staff and Other Professionals. 

Several of whom have lost their lives in the process.

If there ever was a time to Imagine and make It Real for all humans to come together as one, it is now.

Best,

OT
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 05:16:18 pm by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline JosephP

• Keep looking FORWARD... Dx'd 8/10/2013...
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2020, 09:49:57 am »
just in case anyone out there who might be to young to know who Gloria Gaynor is and the song I will survive.

https://youtu.be/ARt9HV9T0w8

Funny you posted this! I just did three days ago in another forum... I love that song... Why? Well.. I was young ready to party and just started college when it came out and the rhythm kind of said.. Hey let's party!  Many years later it became my battle song when my now ex-wife left and left me in debt and with three kids under the age of 15! Then hiv reared its ugly face...Yes, we will survive just as Gloria says!  :) :) :)
Today January 20, 2020, I have taken 2378 pills of my ARV since first pill. This means 79 bottles of 30 pills of ARVs at an average of $3950 per bottle or $313,103 USD for my treatment. I have a compliance of 99.83% taking my meds and only .17% (or 4 pills) non-compliant. Of these four pills two I forgot completely, One I lost and one I didn't have with me while traveling! I became UD 3 months after treatment start   ***We are all dealing with this. And we will live long and productive lives!! AND, yes the Lord is my shepherd. Life is good... And thanks for the meds! ***

Offline JosephP

• Keep looking FORWARD... Dx'd 8/10/2013...
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2020, 09:58:43 am »

I am also optimistic for a vaccine, but it's going to be a long haul, and it will get worse before it gets better. Us HIV positive folks know all about the long haul.

Take care---Ray

;) ;) And some times exhausting long haul!! Stay safe!!
Today January 20, 2020, I have taken 2378 pills of my ARV since first pill. This means 79 bottles of 30 pills of ARVs at an average of $3950 per bottle or $313,103 USD for my treatment. I have a compliance of 99.83% taking my meds and only .17% (or 4 pills) non-compliant. Of these four pills two I forgot completely, One I lost and one I didn't have with me while traveling! I became UD 3 months after treatment start   ***We are all dealing with this. And we will live long and productive lives!! AND, yes the Lord is my shepherd. Life is good... And thanks for the meds! ***

Offline fabio

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2020, 11:30:29 am »
Would love to make a playlist for you guys,im really up for it
I didn't like Gloria Gaynor that much,the song seems over played. I would go more for 90s rock or even 80s rock.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 11:32:41 am by fabio »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2020, 04:43:23 pm »
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline J.R.E.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline em

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2020, 04:03:58 am »
heard anything about global warming ? less driving around and  factories not running at full potential means less crap being pump into the air . which means less carbon being pumped into the air and environment.   healthier living for us and the planet.

one problem minimizes  another . 

mother nature is  saying if you will not take care of the earth I will make you .

EM

Offline fabio

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2020, 07:07:06 am »
I made a playlist of some of my favourite songs for you guys. It doesnt have a specific theme,it's a bit all over the place haha.
Hope you enjoy it 😁☺.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh4kIsM1qsNDwJPBgV-i1609aYAJ8KwYU

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline em

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2020, 03:22:56 am »
the world has changed seemingly over night by the effects of a virus

Happy Easter .

EM
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 03:30:49 am by em »

Offline em

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2020, 05:08:40 am »
I deleted this thinking no one would notice and no one did . presented  for your displeasure I am thinking it might be worth submitting anyway . it might not get any responses . but thought it worth saying anywho .

sorry to notice . the tables have turned forty years ago when HIV was first noticed and killing those people and some if not most were thinking those kind of people should have known bad things were going to happen because of the life they were living .  Large numbers did not care . Now those same people are the hardest hit by this new virus .  we are hit by it too. but they those who were passing judgment way back when are now facing a similar threat. by a virus  that is affecting their entire way of living .   they will never see or connect the two  . they should have known living the lives they were living that it might be uprooted by a virus instead of feeling and acting so self assured  self righteous and indignant thinking they could not be hit and hit hard feeling above it all for living  the lives they were living that they were safe from viral devastation  .  they will never feel that maybe they should have had compassion for the sick and dying . like they seem to do now.  it has taken forty years for a virus to get the attention to take notice to take center stage on a world wide show .  of how damaging destructive life altering . life threatening a single cell microscopic  organism can be .  just encase no one else notices I thought worth sharing the irony

.  just a thought like so many other thoughts unnoticed and overlooked . invisible  only seen for the result of :  if not for the damage they inflict  virus are small like a thought . but the damage not noticing them might inflict.

mother nature's weapon of choice to destroy  lives and altering change for  the entire world . 

please pardon the rambling pointless words expressed here .  just blindly go about your lives not noticing the small things that can change the world ,

all the best for you and all those in your lives

EM

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2020, 08:26:20 am »
the world has changed seemingly over night by the effects of a virus
actually it took several months for nations and states and people to change the ways of the world in response to this virus.

it has taken forty years for a virus to get the attention to take notice to take center stage on a world wide show .  of how damaging destructive life altering . life threatening a single cell microscopic  organism can be .  just encase no one else notices I thought worth sharing the irony
the irony could be not looking far enough backwards and considering the effects of the 1918 pandemic

"The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic. Lasting from January 1918 to December 1920, it infected 500 million people – about a quarter of the world's population at the time. The death toll is estimated to have been anywhere from 17 million to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million, making it one of the deadliest pandemics in human history."
wiki

just blindly go about your lives not noticing the small things that can change the world
Just who are you directing your post to? that's an odd, not to mention rude, comment to the members of this site. I'm sure that People living with HIV certainly understand how a small thing (TLC once described it as "three little letters") can change the world
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline em

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2020, 12:16:43 pm »
First of all :

thank you so much for responding .  any notice of  words thrown out to the world that goes unnoticed creates a emotional feeling that no one is out there.

rude . I guess so mostly for judging those who judge then being judged for doing so might be considered a never ending chain of rudeness .

it was aimed at everyone including the one posting it for being unprepared and for being under the impression they were safe from something terrible that might be thrown at them . like a virus  . the thought like a virus can spread and do harm. thus change the world.  noticing the thought of this might also change the world .

every virus and thought can change the world . this one was aimed at pointing this out

1918 flu epidemic .  WWI all the resources spent on this conflict and young men who would otherwise have been home on the farm growing crops and tending to livestock . were over there participating in the war to end all wars. the lives lost and the resources diverted to the war effort . peoples diets and the moral must have been at an all time low . high sulfur coal that was burnt to fuel almost everything. animals on all the roads doing what animals do.  making the environment of the time  highly unhealthy. these might have been factors that left the door wide open.  for a disastrous health crisis a fertile environment for a virus to thrive causing devastation  and do unchecked unhampered carnegie. funny how far we have come some things never change .  we as a living entity forget the things of the past just to face them all over again a while later .

actually seemingly overnight . a couple of months over the entirety of the infinity of time . is a small increment  that might be seen as overnight .

love to continue throwing words around to pass the time .  but I hope this finds you well and helps me and others . realize that small invisible unnoticed things can have a large effect on the world .

I apologize if this intention was and or is not clear.
all the best to you .

em

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 12:47:29 pm by em »

Offline Lorenzopier

• 36 Years Poz via HAART & Micronutrient Technology.
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2020, 01:43:03 pm »
I to am optimistic that a vaccine and other pharmaceutical treatment options will be available within the next 18 months. Viruses such as this have a long history going back thousands of years of dealing crushing blows to the world and in reality will probably continue to do so. It is great that we can devise new vaccines for each new seasonal virus that creeps up into our world, but during that delay period we are still very vulnerable which is the state that we are currently in. We also have the technology to use micro-nutrients, antioxidants and amino acids in the proper effective dosages as well as correct balance to temporarily ramp up a persons own immune defenses if a person becomes infected thereby lessening the severity of the symptoms as well as the duration. It is something that I have been practicing for almost 2 decades now. I think after the type of devastation that we are going through now it is finally time to take a closer look at what this type of technology can do for man.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 01:50:44 pm by Lorenzopier »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2020, 02:11:49 pm »
Let's keep this on topic and not get into speculation and the micro-nutrients, antioxidants and amino acids etc story.

Thanks
Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2020, 08:15:19 am »
Some social media posts I've read, come across that to smile, laugh, have a drink at dinner, enjoy something or having pleasant thoughts is somehow spreading COVID19, and is disrespectful and will kill billions instantly...

The begrudgers are seriously worse the conspiracy theorists, a total bunch of miserable fuckers who had no life before the crisis to start with if you ask me. So today to piss them off I will laugh, smile, enjoy myself, and think happy thoughts  :)
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline fabio

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2020, 08:38:08 am »
Exactly,people should be able to let loose a bit and not panic,who ever thrived on panic?
Lately I've seen so many people get so scared and panicky,that it made me panic for a second. However,what Jim is saying is true and you should laugh and smile and tell a joke,it's what will keep you sane.

Offline em

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2020, 11:59:17 pm »
thank you for mentioning the Spanish flew of 1918

this almost slipped my mind .

in 1919 a science fiction book was written called

Armageddon 2419 a.d. by Philip Francis Nowlan 

the writer was a WWI engineer in the military who lived through the Spanish flew pandemic and WWI

the author wrote science fiction a hundred years ago ?

in this book the elite leaders of this world live in isolation surrounded by screens that they viewed the world through similar to the world we live in now. large screen TV they never left the residences . they communicated through video connections while the telephone  started making the scene ? he was dreaming of a future with what we now have ? he was off by a bit his guess was 500 yrs in the future things would be this way. I wonder what he would say if we could tell him the pandemic he lived through we would face a pandemic a hundred years later

they also have floating spheres that patrol the cites sending video monitored remotely ( drones )

encase you not familiar with the book .

maybe you have heard of the main character of the book   

Buck Rodgers ?

interesting read if you like to read it is available on line

I read it almost 35 years ago or so in paper back my dad gave me a copy  for some reason it slipped my mind. must be because i am old ?

in the book . the world is taken over by ?

in our world Asia is taking over the world by economic means ?

how ironic . they are merciless ?   if you are old like me . you will see this , if not well you might just live it ?

EM
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 12:19:21 am by em »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2020, 07:10:54 am »
I wonder what he would say if we could tell him the pandemic he lived through we would face a pandemic a hundred years later
I've been waiting to ask if my Grandmother (who turns 103 in Aug) remembers anything about the 1918 pandemic; but of course we're not allowed to visit her in assisted living right now. She was 1-4 yrs old during the years America dealt with that pandemic.

interesting read if you like to read it is available on line
it's old enough to be in the public domain now, so I just downloaded it and will try to read it this weekend. (I just restarted Asimov's Foundation series, so I have to decide if I want to switch to it right. btw Asimov passed away in 1992 from AIDS :( )
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2020, 10:44:07 am »
I made a playlist of some of my favourite songs for you guys. It doesnt have a specific theme,it's a bit all over the place haha.
Hope you enjoy it 😁☺.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh4kIsM1qsNDwJPBgV-i1609aYAJ8KwYU

Someone else put this together Fabio, but here is one you should listen to, just make sure to turn the speakers to max https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWJEM5Vcxmk&t=1510s

It's my driving mix  ;D However, with the lockdown, it's my Friday tunes.
I'm driving the kids insane  ;D ;D ;D
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline fabio

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2020, 10:46:19 am »
Omg no more drum and bass hahaha. Do you listen to that while driving? Hahah

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2020, 10:54:36 am »
Omg no more drum and bass hahaha. Do you listen to that while driving? Hahah

Yup, happy tunes and memories,
Once upon a time I could keep and dance to this stuff  ;D

So I play this when driving, clams me down (Road Rage) 
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline fabio

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2020, 11:00:09 am »
Omg Jim,don't tell me you were one of those blokes who sing (only the chorus) of "sweet caroline" and shout the rest of the lyrics  ;D.
I have been driving just for a year,but I'm.quite shy making the volume haha.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2020, 11:04:21 am »
Well, thankfully not too many words in Happy Hardcore, Gabber, Harcore songs to mess up.  Anyhow, you can't hear me over the volume of the music.  ;D

@All

Hope you are all doing well and trying to keep mentally fit during all of this, whatever, makes you happy do it. Even if it's dancing in the living room or playing loud music or prehaps singing under the shower  ;)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:12:30 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2020, 11:36:28 am »
Someone else put this together Fabio, but here is one you should listen to, just make sure to turn the speakers to max https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWJEM5Vcxmk&t=1510s

It's my driving mix  ;D However, with the lockdown, it's my Friday tunes.
I'm driving the kids insane  ;D ;D ;D

Drives me insane too.  :P.  = headache music. must be on some powerfull stuff to endure that

Gabber did you have the matching boots, shaved head and gear too ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUD-HExh9ow
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:41:47 am by Grasshopper »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2020, 11:56:00 am »
Drives me insane too.  :P.  = headache music. must be on some powerfull stuff to endure that

Gabber did you have the matching boots, shaved head and gear too ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUD-HExh9ow

:) ;D

I still shave my head but things were a bit more colourful back then compared to the modern gabber, at least that's what I can remember. 

Things went to s&*t just after SuperGabber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6o-zODvqQw

Nothing beats a true classic though from those days, Luve u more, Paul Elstak- 1995 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laE6qR2F2ds

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 12:04:23 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline BubbaPat

• Bubba hugs!
HIV, Work, Covid, and not enough hours in the day
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2020, 03:13:38 am »
Luckily I started some anxiety and depression meds months ago.  Sadly, the Covid hits and my company is listed as “essential”, is open and accepting customers.  That itself isn’t so bad, but when you add in irritated customers, not so competent/enthusiastic workers, and my own drive to try and get things done... it all makes for a rough day. 
I’m tired of rough days.
I try to tell myself to be calm... collect my thoughts and breath.
Every day gets harder and harder.
I feel guilty because I don’t want  to be at work,   I’m mad at customers (no wearing masks and being irritated because we’re closing earlier and NOT having cashiers work side by sid), my coworkers (for not having the desire to stay over to the things done the right way) , and myself (for being mad and selfish.)
Bubba hugs!

Offline fabio

How is everyone doing?
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2020, 06:12:16 pm »
I wanted to see how everyone is holding up,since life has taken so many unfortunate turns in this day and age.
The whole death count has taken quite a toll on my mental health and,although I'm on a country with a very low death toll,just watching the news about other people dying on a mass level brings me down and it's probably something i'll remember for the rest of my life.
On a positive note,I feel great hope from doctors and medical staff who put care above fame and money.
When it comes to life here in Greece,now we can move freely,with restrictions that don't always seem to be followed. People here care more about attracting tourists than their safety,which is quite sad and tragic.
Anyways,I babbled a lot,I want to know if everyone's all right and I hope you are all well and safe.

Yours truly,Fabian

Offline BubbaPat

• Bubba hugs!
Re: How is everyone doing?
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2020, 04:21:54 am »
Howdy!

I'm here in the US, in the Great State of Texas and I'm scared shitless.

My job is essential so I get to go in, which I do enjoy.  That being said, I came down with the flu and stayed home for two weeks.  I go back on Monday.

I'm trying to be positive that things will get better and I know that they will.  It's just the maddening road to get there.

Masks aren't "required" but suggested and where I work, it seems like 90 of my customers don't care.  They think since they aren't sick, why should they wear a mask?  There hard to come by anyway so why bother.

I look back when I was young.... I felt like an exploding star. Nowadays, I'm the ant about to get stepped on.

At night, I watch my tv shows with my partner, then I stay up and late and cry.  Mix of emotions during this time. The craziness that it is and the hard truth about WHO your friends really are.

Sorry for my ramblings.... it a roller coaster of emotions when our leaders here have their minds somewhere else.  This will pass and things will get better.

Glad that where you are is doing better.

Bubba hugs!!
Bubba hugs!

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2020, 02:22:58 pm »

ojo.     ,  Hello everyone... I got so sick around March, I’m not sure if it was coronavirus because there were no test kits, but I’m still alive and well. To tell you the truth, I am not that concerned about the virus, as long as I take care of myself, I wear a mask wherever I go and stay away from those irresponsible people who dont wear a mask... What worries me more, it is the violence we are seeing on TV, I hope everybody calms down and stop this craziness... Stay safe and be smart, we learned our lesson with HIV, protecting ourselves using condoms, now, let’s do the right thing, Wearing masks and try to stay away from those who don’t, Wash your hands ....hugs

@bubba, I miss you calling me “sunshine”. I’m glad that you are working, please don’t cry, life goes on
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 02:32:12 pm by Tonny2 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.