Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:21:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773300
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 730
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 674
Total: 675

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Recent Bloodwork  (Read 8202 times)

Offline Charles.M

Recent Bloodwork
« on: December 31, 2023, 05:32:06 pm »
Just got results back from recent blood work My CD 4 and C/CD8 percent dropped from previous climb. went from CD4 162, VL<20 CD4/CD 7% 2 months ago to CD4 149, VL UD, CD4/CD 6%.

Scares me that my numbers have dropped! Funny thing I am not sick and feel fine.
05/22/23 INITIAL DX
05/26/23 CD4-72/VL-63,400
06/06/23 STARTED BIKTARVY
07/05/23 CD4-NT/VL-63
08/08/23 CD4-163/VL-21
09/15/23 CD4-NT/VL<20
10/17/23 CD4-162/UD
12/25/23 CD4-149/UD

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Recent Bloodwork
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 05:46:26 pm »
You're UD and the CD4 count and percentage is stable. There was a time that I would have been jealous of your results, you're about a year in right? These are great results considering.

So early days and your labs are good. More importantly is how are you feeling and you already mentioned you feel fine so happy days.  :)

Happy new year to you, forget about the labs, just take the meds and live your life  ;)

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 05:49:26 pm »
Perhaps read the vampire thread...might help getting your head around things, particularly after page 2. https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=66320.0
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 08:03:07 pm »
let's pick apart your numbers

CD4 162 to CD4 149
CD4s can change by up to 200pts in a single day. this is a change of only 13, which is quite negligible
conclusion: this "change" is quite literally nothing.

VL<20 to VL UD
<20 means a slight amount of HIV was present (0 to 19); but was so small as to be unmeasurable. UD means free-floating HIV was not detected. this "change" was like going from 99 to 100%
conclusion: this almost negligible change was a slight change for the better

CD4/CD 7% to CD4/CD 6%
this number changes slowly
conclusion: fluctuating by 1% is negligible

you're about a year in right? These are great results considering.

So early days and your labs are good. More importantly is how are you feeling and you already mentioned you feel fine so happy days.
^this, so much this.

When you're diagnosed with such a low cd4 count, it takes time to recover. It's a lot different than being diagnosed with cd4 counts >200 or even >500. Just worry about your viral load and how you're feeling as we head into a new year. :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Mojito

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 07:18:09 am »
What is most important is how you are feeling.  If you are doing good and not sick,  then no need to worry about numbers.

I was diagnosed in April 2018 with a little over 100 CD4s . Last month blood work showed CD4 as 921. So it too over 5 years

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.