Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:37:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 233
Total: 234

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: DATING THREAD PART XXXV1 - HALFWAY THERE ALREADY!!  (Read 55878 times)

tendai

DATING THREAD PART XXXV1 - HALFWAY THERE ALREADY!!
« on: June 11, 2008, 03:44:32 am »
HI

Thought i'd start the new thread for once. Cant believe the year is halfway over already. I was taking a break from work coz my boss was away for a week and there was no point coming to work. I still havent caught up with all the posts my computer is so slow. Think i'll leave it for someone to post the other threads i dont know how..

Wendy - that must have been so maddening with the thief. I dont know what i'd have done. Given her hell for sure. Its horrible when someone steals from you.

Veritee - we're ok down here.  Seems we're hurtling towards some kind of climax when we vote on 27 June.  Everything has just shot up in prices its amazing. Imagine a 2kg packet of chicken pieces that i couldnt buy 2 weeks ago coz it cost $5,6billion now costs $20billion.  I dont know people are expected to survive until the elections.  And surprsisingly enough some people still think Mugabe is the right person to fix this problem. If it werent for him none of this would be happening. He doesnt want to take responsibility for his actions.  Once he sanctions the war vets and thugs to take over the farms everything just went to shit.  No matter how much he tries to blame the west its his all his fault coz his policies are so fucked up and he wont admit it.  its only a few people who benefit from his rule right now the rest of us are having a tough time of it.
We have a patient who cant have an operation coz theres a machine thats not working,. we were telling teh relative that we could transfer to another hospital where they do have the machine but it'll cost them over $2TRILLION. And yet he is a staunch Mugabe supporter. Felt like telling him to go and get money from Mugabe if he's so wonderful ::)
Barry looked quite handsome in the picture. I hope his body starts to recover soon as it adjusts to the meds.

Betty - good luck with the volunteering, i hope u find somewhere soon.

Drag - congrats on the ring! yay!  Bet u're flashing it around for the world to see. Im happy for you girl. I hope your arm is better now.

Queen - hi, hope everythings ok..

Snow - SB is a real asshole. i hope they lock him up and throw away the key. What is wrong with him. how could he do such things :-\  I hope your car gets fixed soon.

Wilted - hi and welcome to the forums.

Viv - hi, hows that funny autistic kid of yours?

Just an update on Shyguy - i went for tea in his office and he was like 'Im wearing a vest today" and im like "lets see!' and started unbuttoning his shirt til the whole thing was out. He's lucky i didnt take it off. Im such a tease.... ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 04:42:05 am by tendai »

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
Re: DATING THREAD PART XXXV1 - HALFWAY THERE ALREADY!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 04:48:31 am »
Hi tendai

Thank you for starting a new thread - do not know how to just yet - well do not know if I can lock the old one anyway, so thanks

How's things? I hope you really enjoy your few days off?
and it sounds like you are having a bit of fun with SG - hope that it continues well with him as what are men for but to have a bit of fun??  he does not sound too pushy or anything, he sound OK?

is the time there where you are near what my time is - it is 9.39 am here ?

I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 06:04:46 am »
hello ladies,

i havent dropped out i just have wrist problems again. i have too much work and saving it for that. the other night i was so stressed i woke up at 4.00 and couldnt fall back asleep, so i worked 0400-1800

but other than that cant complain, everything is coming together nicely (knock x3). except for the pain. the bf is going to be employed for a while. he is still on benefits so he didnt need the money but the job - he wouldnt stay here not working so thats a real relief. just a lot of work stress and work related travel coming up.

thanks for all the congratulations, i am starting to buzz with excitment. we have figured out how to get married (can't do it legally in any of our countries for residency and religious issue) - I'll update as soon as its definite.

Wendy, when I was a teenager I used to steal painkillers. My luck was they were quite hard to get back then and there was not a big market for illegal ones like today. Its a sad route to go and it cant mean anything good. Those are not like weed she really shouldnt mess with them. I can relate to you shaking with anger.

Betty sorry that you're bored. I am sure things will get more intersting soon as they were 1-2 days ago. so the patches didnt work? i think it sucks that the aso just took someone on, are they paid? why are they wasting money hiring when they can get a volunteer? I saw how painfully thin you were. I liked the pics of your daughter and mom, such different generations, and your granddaughter is so cute! but in the one with your husband, it looks like you have a bruise, maybe its just old.

Tendai thanks for the thread. Im glad you have some fun but still cautious when it comes to SG, not cos hes so dangerous just cos i worry that you need something he cant give.

Snow nice hearing from you and what a SB he is - there is a whole array of them out there when it comes to purposefully infecting women.
Hope you have a peaceful summer. yep the year is half gone and so much needs to be done but thats not a complaint cos i am truely grateful for my life.

Viv, enjoy the vacation when it starts already!

Cindy: hope your stomach feels better. glad things are better at work. i miss reading you.

Queen good luck with the rest of the tests - i am not sure when they come up. this camera up the ass thing, I have done that (forgot actual name; actually it's not a ""camera" lol but an optical fiber) its not as bad as it sounds, not fun but not painful either. but the one in the throat that sounds difficult.

Thanks everyone for the pics, I am still a wuss about that, just like Snow  :P. I dont expect that to change, not cos of you guys at all or even the men on this site, just cos of nonmembers.

I just saw Veritees and her husband, nice ones and you have such a huge garden, it must be great to live in nature like this. he is very handsome.

again sorry for not checking in much, I havent forgotten anyone though, its just the times...

Ciao Keeping, Wishful, Sunseeker [if your still reading], Camms [ditto], Cristy [where are you?], Pink, and I am sure i left someone out but warm regards [that sounds so official] to everybody...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 06:15:12 am by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 07:08:12 am »
Morning ladies,

Now, let's see if I can remember what was posted in the previous thread.

Snow, I hate not having a car.  Mine's about ready to take a shit I believe.   When I was a kid, we never got out of school either for it being too hot.  Of course, I don't remember how hot it actually got when I was a kid.  I think it's a bit worse today, with the greenhouse effect.   I hope SB's trial gets moved so he'll get some real time.

Wendy, I had an addiction to painkillers for a long time (among other scripts).  That's a hard one to kick, but if she's not held accountable, she'll never change.  It sounds like she needs some help; but if she isn't ready to get help, there's not much anyone can do.  I'm sure you already know all this.  I hope things can be worked out. It would piss me off terribly if someone were stealing my meds.  I think it's funny though that she took some Reyataz.  I wonder how they affected her.

Veritee, I wish I could smoke cigarettes only once in awhile.  I smoke way too much as it is and can feel it when I walk any distance (even a short way).  My heart pounds etc.  I just don't think I'm really ready yet, I guess.  I'll quit again though.  It's my pattern-quit for awhile, then smoke again etc.

Tendai, thanks for starting the new thread.  Don't worry, I don't know how to post the previous threads either.  So, the 27th of June will be the big day?  I have my fingers and legs crossed that Mugabe will finally be out of there.  Things seem so rough there; you're such a strong woman. I don't know how I'd fare in those conditions.  I don't know how $20billion transfers to U.S. dollars; probably outrageous. 

Drag, good to hear from you.  I'm sorry you're having problems with your wrists again.  Isn't there something the doctors can do about them?  At the ASO, they have someone who's hired from an outside organization come in.  Yeah, it sucks, because I really enjoyed it.   What are the religious issues that keep you from marrying your bf where you're at? 

I've been up for an hour.  And I didn't get to bed until late last night.  I have trouble with the left side of my face that goes into my left eye, around into the back of my neck.  That's the side where my sinus was crushed when I went down that flight of stairs.  I think in awhile I might put some heat on it.  I have the air on, as it's very muggy outside today and supposed to be 90 F.  I don't know how to translate into celcius. 

When the Native American fellow (John) was doing healing ceremonies on me years ago, he once had me dig up a root and make a tea out of it.  He informed me last week that it was hemlock (!).  I was like "wow."  He said he'd like to have me do it again in the future.  He asked me if that scared me and I said "well, it didn't kill me before."  Actually, I remember feeling better after I did that.  I don't think I drank that much of it though, and I'm not really sure how much of it is safe to use.  So, I'll probably be investigating that a bit today.  When I was at his place last Saturday, I could feel my sugar crashing.  I didn't say anything, as everyone was involved in a conversation.  Well, John leaned over to me and said "would you like a glass of orange juice?"  That was pretty cool. He said he could sense that I needed something.  John is a very spiritual person, and is extremely in tune to people's feelings etc.   We talked about some other stuff, and I'll post that sometime.  He had a wife that died years ago and he took care of her right up until she died.  He would feed her, change her, carry her outside so she could be in nature, things like that.  I don't meet too many men who are willing to do that.  He considers it an honor to take care of someone in their last days.  No romantic feelings here, don't take it as that.  He's a good friend, and good person to be around. 

Nothing going on today.  I'm going to take Alex to work in awhile and then I'll probably come home and go back to sleep.  Exciting, eh?  Tomorrow I'm going to a new food bank.  Well, it's new to me.  I'm interested to see what this one gives away.  My care coordinator at the ASO told me about it.  I hope you ladies have a good day.  I tried to get ahold of Cristy a couple times, but there's been no answer.  She and Robert live with her parents, so I'm thinking maybe they're all on vacation.  I'll try again today.  I don't remember her saying anything about that, but maybe that's the case.  I'll be back later.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 10:27:39 am »
Good Morning Ladies,

How is everyone doing. There has nothing exciting been going on my life lately. Same ole Same ole. Me and DH took the children to Chuckie Cheese last week. I think I had more fun than the children. I am still in school through this summer. I really think I need a break because my mind is going blank. Has anyone been on Atripla and had these really vivid dreams. I had a dream the other night that my DH was putting a lil white rat up my nose.  :-\ Even though I was sleep I actually seem to feel the little claws scratching my nose. I woke up ( I guess) and I looked above at my ceiling and at that point it seemed as if I saw a patch of black spiders coming down on me. At that point I literally jumped out the bed over my husband. I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest. My eyes finally focused and it was nothing there. That really scared me.

Betty- Nice pics hunny. Sorry you are bored out of your wits but I am in the same boat as you. All I do is go to work, go home do homework and go to bed. What a life.  ;)

Wendy- Thats a same with the sons gf. My cousin is addicted to painkillers. She has almost went to jail for trying to change a doctors prescription. She likes things like Dorvect(sp?) and Loratabs. She will take them and rush them with an alchol drink.

Tendai- thanks for starting the thread. I would have done it but I am not good with these roman numerails.

Drag- Congrats on the wedding. Im still enjoying the married life. Everyone keeps asking me how does it feel. It feels the same. We have been living together for 4 years. Aint nothing change but the paper at the court house.

Snow- Your SB needs his ass kicked up and down a long street.

I have noticed that the Womens forums have been kinda quite. I guess everyone is out enjoying the summer. I get kind of nervous if I dont see our regular posters post on the board.

Well im off to finish some paper work. I'll check back in later.

To all my girlfriends I didn't mention above you know I love you guys. ~Peace~

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 10:41:00 am »
Betty- Your friend sounds so nice, that must have made you feel good that he picked up on that.

Win- That is crazy, I would have wanted to kick some ass too.  Is the girl that just had the baby?  How is the baby?  I have only been on pain meds twice. Vicodin for pleurosy and morphine for my c-section for the trip  lets, they both made me loopy and useless, so I stopped the meds and took the pain.  The morphine made me think the fan in my room was the head of the babies father rotating back and forth :-\ I would have hated to see what the hospital charged me for the fan after I beat the crap out of it.

Ten- Thanks for starting the new thread!  I can't get my head wrapped around the prices you have to pay, it just makes no sense at all.  No word on the package yet, maybe if it gets lost they will send the money to you?  Do you have Western Union over there?  Shyguy doesn't sound too shy, if he is removing his clothing  ;D

Drag- I can't remember if I congratulated you or not so I will say it again. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! I hope your wrist gets better soon.  Have you tried magnets?  My Mom had carpal tunnel and she wore these magnets until she got her surgery and she said that they helped.

Check out these website I found
http://www.switchboard.com/
It is kinda freaky, I put in my name and my address with a map came out.  Doesn't make me feel too safe especially since my sons father is such a nutjob.  I think I went to the second tab over.

I am not doing much today.  I am going to do some yard work at the 93 yr old ladys house.  Hopefully my car is going to start all day. My feet have been killing me lately.  Doesn't matter what shoes I wear, they hurt like a bitch at the end of the day.  I am wondering if it is from being on the meds for so long or whatever?

Hope all your beautiful ladies have a wonderful day!

Snow

Oh...has anyone wrote someone an email and signed thier aidsmed name?  I keep catching myself.  I can't just imagine my friends get an email from me and thinking who the hell is Snow?

Keeping- You snuck in while I was posting.  Those were some crazy ass dreams, mine haven't been that bad lately. How is the weather down there today?  It cooled down a little bit up here today.  Have a good day!
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 02:43:48 pm »
LOL Beat the hell out of a fan.

I've delt with drug addicts and alcoholics since I was around 8 years old. So its nothing new to me. If she had been less obvious we may have never known. But she was getting greedy and taking enough that we noticed the missing pills. Which made me pay more attention to her.

The baby is fine. I cant recall which one of you asked. She swears she has only been doing this since the birth of the baby. The bottle that she had our pills in was a prescription bottle with her name on it for hydrocodone she had gotten after the birth of the baby for some reason I donno. Maybe her doctor thought she needed something stronger than tylenol for the episiotomy. I dont know.

I've lost my train of thought now. I'll be back in a bit when I get it all back in place.

Billy says hi to you all.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 03:48:32 am »
aloha ladies,

Snow, the problem w/ my wrists isnt carpal, kinda wish it was cos the surgery's pretty effective. its RSI (repeated stress injury ) coming from the neck area due to decades on the computer (ok just 2, but from an evolutionary prespective, our bodies are just not designed for that, so yeah you can get seriously hurt from desk work not just from hauling things, over time. im not complaining, i'm no mine worker, but this thing is a bitch). what are your plans for the summer?

Keeping nice to hear from ya, i forgot what you study? good luck with everything. i wont have bridesmaids and all that. id like to have a nice dress though and flowers... i wish i could have a big classic wedding. not in this life but its amazing anyway.

Betty where im from you cant have a marriage btw a jew and non-jew and in spain when one is not longer resident (like BF) only a catholic church wedding which i cannot have, so we have to look for a place to make a civil wedding but not every place is easy on the paperwork. we wanted to do it here but then his family insisted on coming but his dad just cant fly so i am looking to do it somewhere closer to spain within driving distance. i will definately update, it wont be before late oct in any case.

Tendai, hope you werent offended by what i said about SG i know you can take care of yourself. you can find me always but i might send back one liners. am anxiously awaiting the 27th. so much tension, if things were not difficult enough for you guys, but they never stat static either.

Wendy, i hope she isnt breastfeeding, does Billy's son know?

everyone else sending you the biggest hug~will try not to be mia for too long but reality's catching up w/ me. love ya.

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 07:42:24 am »
Morning ladies,

Keeping, I can relate to your mind going to mush because of school.  That's why I took the summer off.  Where I attend, classes change every eight weeks.  We still have a 16-week semester's worth of work, but it's crammed into eight weeks.  And I went straight through for a year and 1/2.  At the end of that, I didn't know if I'd ever be ever to logically think again (not really).  But, I did need a break.  What is it you're studying?  I forgot.

Snow, I checked out that website and they have my phone number and address listed.  Now, my phone number is supposed to be unlisted.  So, I found that a bit disturbing.   About your feet, what exactly do they feel like?  How long have you been on meds and which ones?  And how long since your diagnosis?  Usually with pn (peripheral neuropathy) it feels like pins, needles and like there's shocks going through the feet.  That's what it felt like when mine first started.  But mine started back in the early 90's from all the crazy meds they used to have and the overuse of AZT.  I remember banging my feet up against walls (and so did other people) trying to get some relief.  Luckily, they have meds that take care of that type of pain today. 

Wendy, if she's got a habit now, I wonder if she did previously.  I hope she's not breastfeeding.  Oh, tell Billy "hi" from me.

Drag, what a bunch of legal mumbo-jumbo.  I know here though, a non-Catholic can't get married in the Catholic church to a Catholic.  I think it's the same with Jews.  I know it is for Seventh-Day Adventists.  Which is really too bad.  I hope you can work things out!

Well, I'm going to clean today and my therapist comes over in a few hours.  Yesterday I put some heat on the back of my neck and my sinuses, and it started them draining.  Which is a big relief.  I'd rather have them draining than plugged.   I think sometimes about going to the doctor about it, but I'd rather use heat than to take yet another medication.  Later on I'm going to an NA meeting.  Other than that, nothing else going on.  I think I'm going to take Alex to work, as it looks like his ride isn't going to show up.  Oh, they just showed up.  Good.  My friend Joe came over last night and took Alex to Wal-Mart.  Alex got himself some jogging pants, white t-shirts, and bought me a couple shirts.  One of them is a Chicago Cubs t-shirt, as I am a true Cubs fan.  I grew up on the Cubs, and I've been to Wrigley Field a few times.  Last time I went, it was with my brother in '84.  That was the year they won their division.  I was still drinking a lot, and I got really blasted at the game.  I had to have my brother stop at almost every rest stop on the way home so I could pee. 

I forgot to try to get ahold of Cristy again yesterday.  I'll try today.  I wonder what's going on with Netta?  And Wishful?  Others also (Camms, Cin etc.).  I know Queen's checking in when she can.  Anyway, I miss you guys and hope everyone's alright.  I hope you ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 09:00:10 am »
Good Morning,

Nothing happening for me today. Just another boring day work and school work. I had a very intense headache yesterday. All I could do was go home get in the tub and turn off all the lights in the house. I seem to have them twice a month. Do you  girls think I need to tell my doctor when I go back for my labs?

I hopefully will be receiving my Bachelors in Healthcare Administration next May.(Yah!!!) I hope I can make it.

Well im off to fix these kiddies some breakfast.

I'll check back in later.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 11:56:27 am »
Keeping- I hope your headache has gone away!

Drag- No plans for the summer.  2 of my kids are likely going to have summer school so we will have to plan around that, not that we have any money to do anything anyway :)  How about you?  I used to climb trees and do very demanding physical labor every day and then I had a desk job and I think the desk job was harder on my body, especially if you are doing repetive motions with no break in between.  I hope you can get some relief soon.

Betty-  I have been taking meds since 93 or 94.  I have been thinking of contacting my old doc because I honestly can't remember when I got diagnosed and what meds I took, things were way too hectic back then.  Some of the recent ones I have been on are reyataz, norvir, truvada, I remember some really awful horse pills I used to have to chew, epivir, I am on Atripla now.  By the end of the day, my feet hurt so much that it is painful to stand.  If when you say pins and needles you mean like when something falls asleep, it is nothing like that.  It is almost like they are on fire and it goes up a little past my ankles.  They are very tender.
That was nice of Alex to get you a cubs shirt.

Hi Billy  ;D

My day sucked yesterday.  I sometimes wonder if I did something wrong in a previous life.  Everything went well until it was time to pick the trip  lets up from school.  I went and signed them out, got back in the car and it wouldn't start for 2 hours.  Which in itself wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have 4 kids with me and it wasn't so hot.  Then after it finally started, I got a call from the alarm company that they had dispatched the police because they had they had a burgarly alarm which I had them cancel, then one of the smaller boys got stung by a bee and was screaming for a good 20 minutes and then fell asleep, so that I started to worry about him because he is the one with allergies.  He is fine, I think he was just tired because they had a field day at school, then waiting around for 2 hours and screaming for awhile just tired him out  but my nerves were toast last night.

Hope everyone has a great day. I dropped my car off to get fixed so the trip  lets and I are hanging out in the house...hopefully I will get some cleaning done but most likely I will just pick up after them, it never ends  ;)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 01:42:16 pm »
Afternoon Ladies---

Ah, well, nothing much to really report. I went to see my therapist yesterday and he agreed that I didn't need to be on any psych meds so no more Celexa for me. Woooo Hooo. I am over my friend's house using his wifi again which is how I will have to communicate with you all til I get my internet back up. Funny thing is they cut off everything but my basic cable, not complaining but I know it will be shut off sooner or later.

I went to get some labs done for the specialist in Pittsburgh yesterday, I had to give up 13 vials of blood, I was like damn, hope I don't pass out. But I didn't. My landlord pissed me off some more earlier this week. He called himself coming over and doing something about the bug problems I am having but it pissed me off because he laid the stuff so thick and all over that we have had to block off areas of the house to keep the cats from getting into the poison. Also, he bought the same stuff he told me to buy that didn't do anything which really pissed me off. I got to screaming at the top of my lungs while he was there. The only reason he came over was because I called code enforcement on him but the guy from code enforcement was an ass too. He actually tried to blame me for the bug problem and asked why I waited so long to call him. I tried to explain that I waited so long because I was trying to work things out with my landlord. I think he did it on purpose hoping it would kill my cats, the bastard and it has still done nothing in regards to the bugs. I will be so glad when I can move.

My gay friend's ex bf is still being an ass so much so that I went and pressed harrassment charges against him. The police doesn't really want to do anything because the domestic dispute involves two gay men. But if he shows up at my house again, I am going to bust him upside the head and ask questions later. I did all I could do legally and the police are not trying to do anything so what the hell am I suppose to do? I know the ex has some warrants so I am going to be dropping a bug in the DJ's ear and let him know where he is living, hopefully they will go and lock him up. That will show him how much of n**** I can be.

I also talked to the IRS again, I am suppose to get my stimulus check tomorrow which is more than what they told me the last time I called them. So I am hoping it will be there. Keeping, the Atripla does cause funky dreams, I had them for about a week after I first started it. I really don't have time to answer everyone but just wanted to do a drive by and let you all know how I am doing. I miss you all like crazy.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Veritee

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 01:49:58 pm »
Our posts crossed Queen - so adding this

Great you can post now and then - I hope you are OK and glad you do not need the psych meds anymore - one less tablet to take must be good??

If your blood test was for liver, I also had to give as many vials for this and while I am usually OK with blood tests I ddi feel a little faint after wards so I know what you mean

Sorry about your headache keepingfaith

I do not know if it is the same - but for years I got really bad migraine headaches at least about twice a month from puberty which got worse after pregnancy.

For me it turned out to be hormones - as they stopped altogether when I reached menopause - but in the meantime progesterone cream really helped me: http://www.progesterone.co.uk/?gclid=CPj9lO-475MCFQJ-xgodpnhkXw

I know that this might seem like rubbish to suggest progesterone but in the UK some doctors prescribe it in pessary form and are happy to tell you to buy the cream - this and the cream really did stop my headaches most months once I found it and then it helped me with the menopause - but I guess being HIV you have to check any meds like this with your consultant.

Drag - I have carpel tunnel and that is bad enough - but you are right if I opted for the operation it would probably cure it .
I am sorry your difficulties are PSI and not as easy to cure - is there anything they can do?

Sorry Snow - that your day sucked

I am sure it does not help but I know you did nothing wrong in a previous life - you are a mum, and busy that's all :)

and I think you are superwoman - you and all of you that cope with busy lives, more than one child, with HIV too and in the heat are superwomen to me.

I only had one birth child and did not cope well at all yet..................

........... it is never too hot really in the UK ............ and I have always lived in a nice home and have had enough money to get by .........................and I have a husband/partner who I know loves me ( despite him getting me HIV now I have always known I was loved) ..................and I did NOT have HIV when my child was growing up ...........and then I had lots of support from friends .......................and then I was VERY physically healthy................

but I still found it hell most of the time my one birth child was small, especially the school run there and back -  and as you know I still do find being a mum hard sometimes - even when she is now 19!!!!  

So I think that you and all others, coping with busy lives, plus HIV are wonderful, my heroes, and if you have youngish children even more so

Love to you all
And I hope your day get better :)
Veritee
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 02:19:35 pm by Veritee »
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 02:04:26 pm »
I looked myself up on that switchboard link. Apparently there are 4 Wendy's with my last name in Texas none of which are me. LOL
I looked up my brother John's name. There was 63 John's with our last name in Texas. I wasn't even going to look to see if one of them was him or not LOL. Billy's name pulled up our address but not our phone number.

The gf is not breast feeding. She did that a few times and figured out that it was work and pretended that her boobs dried up. I dont believe they did in other words. I think she is just lazy.
Billy's son? I'm fairly certain he knew what was going on. He likely shared the pills with her. We will never know. He is a secretive kid. One of those sly manipulator types. I care about the kid but he is definately shifty.
Boy I tell you he was scared shitless when I was over there. LOL as soon as I started raising my voice he picked up the baby and ran out of the room pretending to take care of the baby.
They like to put her in front of the tv because she likes the pretty colors. I say bullshit. Its lazy parenting....
Meanwhile I'm sure I look like a jerk to them because I take the pacifier out of the babys mouth and incourage her to talk and interact with me. and I face her away from the tv and pick her up and hold her instead of letting her lay on her back in a bouncer or pad on the floor.

Can you tell I'm slightly opinionated when it comes to how to raise babies properly? LOL

Keeping - I would tell your doctor anything that causes you concern or distress. Even if it is only a couple of times a month. That way it can be on record if it ever turns into a real issue.  Congrats on your schooling. I'm sure you will do well.
I've been getting real bad migranes behind my eyes here lately. I think its allergies maybe. Seasonal stuff.

Drag - Good luck with the wedding plans. I never had the big wedding either. I didnt truely want to get married when I did but the reason why we didnt have a big wedding had nothing to do with that and everything to do with money. I did have a lace dress but a wedding ceremony at the justice of the peace certainly wasnt my idea of what my wedding would be like when I was a girl.
I doubt I'll ever have a real wedding. I'm not sure if I even want one.
I consider myself married anyway so the wedding would just be a party.

Snow - Most people who would get an email from me would know me as Wendy or Wini. LOL guess it works for me.

Queen - Get um! LOL Just protect your ass. Get him all the legal ways you can.  ;D

Offline Veritee

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 02:23:06 pm »
P.S re forum names

My real name is actually Veritee

As I run a forum and a web based charity under my own name I just see no point in my using a different forum name - but totally understand those who do

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 04:12:00 pm »
Just droppin in to say im still breathing...the kids are goin for the summer next weekend im out of my mind with nervousness....but im still hear...not really posting...been kinda lurkin some times..I hope all is well with everyone.....
i love the pics girls...Betty we have come along way sista..Damn your strong!!!...(((Betty))))..your daughter is so exotic looking..is she of spanish descent? Your mom was really beautiful as well...Your expressions kinda remind me of the guy that plays for the celtics...that never has any emotion in his face..i dont know his name tho..i call him noemotion...loved the big hair...Veritee you have quite the handsome family as well...and wini your mom is a beauty too...We some fine ladies that came from some fine ladies...i gotta get some pics of my momma...lol she was dark chocolate n thick on th bottom in her days....and always had a lightskinned man..lolo
Love you ladies!!
Ciao
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 04:25:06 pm by wishful »
Live life to the fullest...

tendai

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 05:46:46 am »
Snow - sorry about your legs. could it be neuropathy whatnot? im not sure what the term is. one of the side effects of the meds. when i was seeing my doctor the early days of my diagnosis she told me about side effects like that where she had patients who had to sit with their feet in cold water because they felt lke they were burning.  No package yet. Maybe it'll arrive after elections if all goes well. Doubt if they'll do anything until then maybe theyre holding it somehwere. Yes we do have Western Union though.

Wishful - u spending that so-and-so's money yet? i also have a thing for ightskinned men though not too light as to be like orange :)

Keeping - i think u should tell the doctor about your headaches. what harm can it do? if theres anything wrong at least they can catch it early.  Good luck with school. I've played around with the idea of doing another course but that will have to be after elections if things get better

Drag -dont worry u didnt offend me.  U're right though, i dont think SG can give me what i need. him being so young and staying at home with him mom and siblings. He gives himself a 6pm curfew for crying out loud so he doesnt go for movies. I guess its just one of those things that'll never really go anywhere, but i'll try to have whatever fun  can be had while we can.  He's kind oflike a breath of fresh air.
Have u guys set a date yet? I'd be excited just by the thought of geting married even if its in court. You can still wear a dress and have a party afterwards, and have photos taken etc
i hope your wrists are better today

Queen - i hope your cheque comes through. spoil yourself some. 13 vials of blood?  I feel all funny after only 1 vial im sure i'd slip into a coma if they had to draw 13 vials.  Sorry about the mess with the landlord and the bugs and all.  I hope u find another place soon.

Remember the guy i talked about earlier who has a sister who cant get an operation done bcoz of teh machine thats not working?  Well i told my little who i live with about him and we were agreeing that he should go and get money from old Bob for the operation.  Well yesterday when i was going home the fares went up to $1billion and i was short. so i used the money i had and phoned my sister that she keep some money for me to borrow to use for the next day today. So she gives me the money adn calls her "boyfriend" to come and pick her up from home. So i go and leave her at home and im on my way to the bus-stop when a car stops by me and theres my sister in the car and says lets go. so i get in and the car and guess whos the driver. Yes. our patient. He recognised me and asked about his sister. So my sister looks at me and says softly "Coincidence?". I just laughed.  I was a little disturbed by the fact that if he really is a ZANU zealot then if things should go bad he knows where i live. Just hope it wont.

Things are getting worse and worse here.  I dont know how Bob sleeps at night.  He's sworn he'll never let the oppposition rule the country. Why call Zimbabwe a democratic state when he does all this shit unabated. Veritte was saying noone said a peep when he made his speech at the food conference. I wasnt surprised. Its just amazing that that the whole world seems to be intimidated by this man. He must have some kind of voodoo that makes people just quail when he's around them. Well it  doesnt work on Tsvangirai thank you very much or the MDC or me. I swear if it comes to war or anything, i'll be among the first to sign up.  Same difference. Bob's going to have to kill us all..

I gotta go. im so tired of doing invoices 100 times over because of prices changing everyday.  we're just charging in US$ then people convert at whatever rate is there that day.  The money is just confusing now. Trillions and billions. Its too ridiculous. We're going to grind to a standstill pretty soon. Hopefully its soon. The situation is just unsustainable. EVERYTHING is going up. We're a country of poor billionaires. Soon to be trillionaires. If it werent for a certain angel i dont know where i'd be right now, God bless her..

Have a good one ladies..

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 08:13:07 am »
Morning ladies,

Keeping, of course you should let your doctor know if those headaches are becoming a problem.  Migraines suck; I used to get them a lot.  Good luck with your course study.  I'm supposed to graduate next May as well.  I'll be so glad when it's over.

Snow, the pain you're describing sounds like it might be the beginnings of neuropathy.  Now, I'm not trying to diagnose you.  I don't believe in trying to do that.  I would definitely mention it to your doctor. I didn't realize you had been on meds so long.   I hope you don't have another day like the one you mentioned.  That probably would have landed me in a straight-jacket.

Queen, I'm sorry for all you're going through.  I hope you get your check today.  I called the IRS a few days ago, as it still says that I'm not eligible, even though I refiled.  They keep disconnecting me.  I'm about ready to give up.  I really could use the money, but I just get aggravated when I keep losing the call.  Your landlord sounds lazy.  I've had problems with bugs before, and I hated it.  I hope you can move soon.

Wendy, I didn't know anything about Billy's son.  Did you mention him before and I missed it?  Are you still having problems with missing pills or is your son?  I would say to report it, but that's a hard one to prove.  I just hope it stops happening.  Especially for that baby's sake.

Wish, good to hear from you.  I was wondering what happened to ya.  My daughter's father was 1/2 Native American and 1/2 Mexican.  That's where she gets her dark skin at.  I'd love to see some pics of you and your mum sometime. 

Tendai, I'm not sure why everyone puts up with Mugabe.  I don't understand our president's lack of response quite frankly.  It seems he's always ready to send troops out to everyone else.  I do hope the opposition wins when the next election time rolls around. 

Well, it seems like Alex's job has ground to a halt.  I try not to involve myself in those kinds of things unless I'm asked to.  Nevertheless, I'll probably try to hit a couple extra food banks this month.  I wish it was next month already.  I have a problem with being impulsive.  I can make out a good budget; but then I always end up spending much more than what I've budgeted for.  And then I run out of money by the middle of the month.  Gas just hit $4.19 a gallon here and I've got an 8-cylinder.  Last time I almost filled up the tank (which was, I believe back in March) I stopped the pump when it reached $50.55.  That didn't even fill it up.  Last week I put $30 in the gas tank and it's lower now than when it was when I put that money in.  I'm just going to have to limit my goings-around for the rest of the month.  I mean, it's not like I run all over anyway.  I remember when $10 or $15 would fill up a tank.  When Clinton was president, gas was like $1.67/gallon.  Bush has certainly messed this country up good.  I'm supposed to go Monday night to a volunteer orientation at a homeless shelter in the next city over and I'm considering seeing about it at a later date.  I really can't afford to go back and forth 5 days a week.  Maybe I'll go and tell the lady that I can only volunteer two days a week and if they need more than that, I just can't do it. 

Anyway ladies, after hearing about the sad shape the economy's in last night on the news, I was going to come on and rant for awhile.  But, I know everyone has it hard.  I just keep telling myself that as long as the basics are covered, I'll be alright.  That being food and a place to live.  I know that sounds simple, but sometimes I have to keep it simple.  (You know, KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid). ;)  You ladies have a good day. 

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 09:06:45 am »
Tendai:..im not even spending my own money yet...My stimlulus info is finally on the website tho..to be mailed on the 20th...his ss ends in 80 so his wont be issued until july then it will intercepted..then sent to me..sooo..ill be waiting on his money for a while..but child support is in the makings...but dealing with them is gettin on my damn nerves too...it seems noone knows shit and im like if the people that are supposed to be helping me dont know shit then where does that leave me...im not paying for no lawyer..so ill just wait on my fellow state working or non working collegues..its crazy im gonna be spending his money while he has the kids...i aint sending shit..and with him in arrears he cant file for me to send shit...i know he gonna try something..he has been too nice on the phone..its a shame i never thought i would have baby daddy drama....at least not like this...
His taxes were already intercepted..but where did they go???..who the fuck knows..i aint got em is all i know..but im just waiting cus its gonna be so good when i get it all...i have to get their clothes washed up n stuff (the little im sending)..he already knows he has to buy them things..im just gonna get them some jordans just to show that (or pretend that) i wasnt struggling without his petty cash...
Live life to the fullest...

Offline netta

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 12:48:03 pm »
Hello my dear sisters,
 I have been gone for a while do to some stressful situations. (Besides the 100 degree weather we were having,)
 I didn't feel like sharing, but now I think I should. I was molested by a neighbor in my apartment complex !.  I was taking my trash to the dumpster one evening and this man who is always flirting and talking shit to me started following me back to my apartment, saying" u need to let me hit that from behind" in other words" let me fuck you from behind" I told him to fuck off cause I don't mess with any of the men around here. They know I live by myself and the men are always watching me. Any way he asked for a glass of water, which I said no and when I went to close my door he pushed it open , bum rushed me and grabbed me around the waist and started gyrating and humpin on my behind ! I pushed him out the door and cursed him and threatend him , that he don't know who he's  messing with!!! Well i should have called the cops, but I was so shocked and angry that I didn't until the next morning. I felt so violated and my ex husband who I called in Philly told me to call the cops and he was furious and wanted to come down and take care of it, but I told him to stay put. cause he would only get arrested himself. The cops came out and took a report, a women and man cop. they were very nice and told me I could press charges and they would arrest him !!, well I told them I would, so they went to his house, he was at work and His WIFE came to talk to me and begged me not to press charges and that she was going to put him out, so I did not press charges,( I feel guilty about that) but made a report and the cops said if he comes back they would arrest him for sure. The cops also told me they have been called out to the couple A lot  for fighting! So I told the apartment management what had happen, and that I  had no money to pick up police report.  They were furious also, and assured me they would handle it, I told them I will move when my lease is up in November, they said I was a good tenant and they did not want to lose me.I believe they are going to evict the couple. Anyway I have been feeling really stressed over what has happened and can u believe the " low Life",men and women around hear are gossiping and blaming "me" like he was the victim "who did you here what bullshit she pulled on "him", she should have not had on that short dress to take out the trash" WTF !!! My neighbor was standing in his doorway  laughing when it all happen ! and did nothing!!!!They are all friends and this man is grown and going with a 16 year old and nobody cares not even the mother, not only that he (my next door neighbor) has been rumored to have been to prison for RAPE!!!!
Aside from all this I have been back and forth to the doctors about my heart, shortness of breath and tightness in my chest. I Had some test done  and they all turned out normal,one of the test I had the other day left me so stressed It took days to calm down! I had a stresstest with I.V. contrast with nuclear medicine. they shot the meds in my arm and it stresses your heart so much you feel like you are having a heart attack !
But it only last a few minutes 6 to be exact.anyway that is the worst thingyou every want to have done.
My test came out normal, no blockage in my heart. SO now what? ...either I am having angina or panic attacks or acid reflux but something is wrong or I am going crazy!!! I take zoloff  for years for depression and I though it would help also with panick attacks, if I have any. I don't go back  to the doctor till next month, I am trying to relax until then and take good care of myself, with the support of my daughter and grandbabies , well I hope I haven't bored you all and sorry for the long post. I hope you all missed me, like I you, lol. I pray you all are well... luv.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 01:20:13 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 01:27:56 pm »
Dear, dear Netta,

It infuriates me when shit like this happens.  You did the exact right thing by calling the cops.  That asshole had absolutely no right to put his hands on you, let alone spew that sickening venom about wanting to get you "from behind."  I am so, so sorry this has happened.  I was gang-raped when I was 15 (which lasted a few days) and I know how hard it is to face what happened.  About your neighbors...... I would report them to the management of the apartment complex you live in.  What they're doing is harrasment, which is also against the law. 

About your physical symptoms, they seem to all be in relation to what has happened to you.  Which is understandable.  Did you tell your doctor what happened?  Are you seeing a good therapist?  If not, I would urge you to find one through your ASO or through your doctor.  You need professional help getting through all this and finding ways to work through and resolve all the feelings that go along with something like this.  You need to talk it out.  You know it was so not your fault.  No one asks for something like this; I don't care if one walks around naked.  It's up to people to control themselves.  What that man did is not only illegal, it's also immoral.  You did absolutely nothing wrong-nothing.  People like that need to be locked up where they can't hurt someone else. 

You just keep talking, sweetheart.  We're here for you for whatever support we can give.  I am so, so sorry. :'(      {{NETTA}} 
  Luv,
Betty

Offline netta

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 02:30:01 pm »
Thanks you Betty, Yes I told management. I don't a have a therapist but I need one. I don't know how to get one, short of going to the health center, but Idon't like going there, I have been in therapy years ago .The thing with my heart all happened before this  incident for about a month. Betty I was also raped when I was a litttle girl in foster care , and molested by my mothers boyfriend,I am sorry you had to go that yourself, I guess what happen does bring up memories.I know I didn't do anything and this was not my fault.But I feel funny every time I go take my trash to the dumbster. there is a new apartment complex that is gated and I will try to get on the waiting list,there are many gated apartments that are safe but only for seniors, you must be 6o and I'm only 50. It is so hard to get good housing on section eight when there is just one person.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 05:15:39 pm »
hi everyone

Im so sorry Netta, i had tears in my eyes reading about your childhood. But I am glad too - glad you could stand up to this creepo (this SEX OFFENDER), glad you are a strong woman with a loving family and you got over that horrible past, and you will never let any MANIAC even THINK of messing with you again - cos that's what he is, and let them talk, what goes around comes around, I promise you that. He stepped into your own home - and you didn't let him. I can understand how horribly uncomfortable it was with his wife and all, you were too kind, more than kind, and if the neighbors dont appreciate that, NOT YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM. You're a hero. Really.

I'm also glad your heart is OK. That test sounds awful.

Tendai, I watched the news on Zim today about Tzveringai being released. About that guy, he's probabaly just an opportunist not a zealot. I am so angry at that too. What to say... hope you have a good weekend, peaceful.

My hands are still painful, I'd like to write more but am typing slowly.
Stay strong everybody... lots of love & good weekend to all
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 05:18:16 pm by Dragonette »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 06:57:59 pm »
That animal is nothing but trash Netta. If he even looks at you funny again I'd have his nasty butt in jail.
Those kind of vermin should be castrated.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 11:31:14 pm »
Hello my sweeties!  Did you miss me?  We are finally home and I'm just about dead on my feet.  We had an awesome and very relaxing time (but I'm still exhausted?!?).  I tried to catch up on everyone in this thread, but the letters are starting to cross and go blurry.  I'll try again in the morning after a decent night's sleep.  Just wanted to let you lovelies know that I'm back.

Love to you all!
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2008, 07:30:05 am »
Morning ladies,

Drag, is there anything that can be done about your wrists?  If you wear splints does it help?  I hope you have a good weekend as well.

Mum, welcome back.  I'm waiting to hear all about your vacation. It went by pretty fast, didn't it? 

Well, my sinuses are clogged.  I feel how you felt, mum.  My chest hurts and it feels like I need to cough, but every time I do, I can't stop.  Of course it hurts around the top of my head to the back of my neck and my ears keep popping.  I e-mailed my doctor about it, and he told me he didn't want to call in an antibiotic right away.  He told me to take Mucinex D to see if that works and give it a week.  I'm not going to overreact.  I did e-mail him back though and tell him I can't afford Mucinex D and would he please call in a mild decongestant if he thinks that's what I need.  I haven't heard back from him.  Also, my period started yesterday (after not having one for a couple months), so there's all the aches that go along with that.  That could have been what triggered my sinuses, because I used to always get sinus infections when I'd hvae my period.  Anyway, I thought I was done with periods, as I'm on Depo and I haven't had one for awhile.  Oh well.

The NA picnic is today and my friend Liz is speaking.  Right now it kinda looks like it's going to rain.  Of course, the weather can change in an instant.  I hope it holds off until afterwards.  My friend Kathy is supposed to pick me up around 11:45.  Other than that, I really have no other plans today.  I'm sure at some point I'll be putting some heat on my face, that always really helps.  I'll probably be back later.  I hope you ladies have a good day. 

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 10:30:01 am »
hehe. Im also going to a bbq now and its raining on & off, its a 40 min cycle there and i hope to stay dry, but being realistic about it... enjoy the picnic!

Betty, I cant do nothing about my wrists except rest, the porblem is that work is sometimes veryd demanding. i got special equipment and all that. when i have pain, i try to take it easy and also i still get a massage twice a week b/c the pain generates from the neck. lucky me - i doubt insurance anywhere else would cover it, and im on really good terms with my massaeur, and he knows my BF and that i am poz, so it's very comfortable. he has huge hands, gotta love that.

splints wont help, theyll actually aggrevate it more i have been told b/c they force the wrist into exactly the same position that got me here in the first place  ;)

hope your congestion clears soon. i understood the depo is a period every 3 months, maybe im wrong.

Mum, welcome back.

Hi everyone, everywhere and have a nice weekend!

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 10:34:27 am »
Netta- Sorry to hear about that creep and you having to deal with idiots around you.  I hope you can find a new place to live.

Betty-  I hope the heat helps your sinuses.  Don't you just love when the docs say just go get so and so, like it is that easy, all the stuff these days is over 10 bucks ,at least.  Yesterday I tried to go to group and everyone was sitting in the room and one of the guys that works at the ASO comes over and says"There is no group today, the people that could run it had a class and because there was no one there to officially sign in with they were not going to give out bus tokens?  They knew ahead of time the people had the class, what if people didn't have money to get on the bus?  I hate that kind of shit with a passion, all it takes is a little thinking of how things affect people, it is not rocket science.  I hope you had fun at the NA outing.

Mum- Welcome Back!

Drag- Maybe you should see about getting one of those voice recognition things for your computer, so that you can give your wrists a rest from typing.  I hope they are feeling better today.

I hope everyone had a better Friday the 13th than me.  I usually take that kind of stuff with a grain of salt but yesterday was a doozy. The episode at the ASO pissed me off, I get home from there and the house alarm is going off yet again (after my SO and I had discussed that we were not going to set it anymore)I get home with the kids after school and was trying to get the grill started and I told my son to shut the doors to the car and he shut the door to our house and locked us out, I was able to break open a window on my porch and lift one of the littles ones through the window so he could go and open the door.  Friday nights I let the kids sleep in the living room and watch tv and about 8:30 my youngest son comes downstairs screaming his head off and spurting blood everywhere.  Somehow he got cut with scissors, he said his big brother did it and his big brother swears he was no where near him?  So I got the bleeding stopped and took him to the hospital, he got 2 or 3 stitches and his hand wrapped up for a day or two. WTF?  I was exhausted at 8:30 and my feet where killing me and I come home and pass out around midnight, to get woken up with the ankle biter yaping her head off.  I told my SO the other day the next time you see a cute litte puppy don't SEE it as a cute little puppy but see it as a living things that is going to need to be feed, taken outside and taken care of.  I feel like I am doing this all my own anyway so he mights as well leave, he only creates more work.  Then to boot, today I have blood everywhere, on all the walls in the bathroom , the hallway, going downstairs and I am exhausted and my feet are killing me, the kids want to go outside and play and he is gone and when he comes back(which is the  part that makes me insane) he just goes on his computer and does nothing at all around here.

Thanks for letting me vent  ;D

Snow

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2008, 11:07:03 am »
Gosh Snow, what a day! It's rather fitting that you told us about it and it was post #666 on your post-counter thingy! ;D

It sounds like you should greet SO at the door with some cleaning supplies and point him at the blood-smears! I know I would! Make him do the bathroom first so you can have a relaxing bubble-bath while he takes the youngins outside. (well, it's a relaxing fantasy, anyway)

I don't think I could ever live with a man again. They either don't do cleaning, or they're neat-freaks who don't like anything to be out-of-place. If there's a happy medium out there somewhere, I haven't found him.

xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2008, 11:55:39 am »
Hi GFS~

Netta, so sorry to read about that creep doing what he did.  I'm glad you reported him and that you're OK, for the most part.

Sorry its been awhile, this has really been the worst week I've had in a long time.  I have been experiencing gastric probs with pain, none of the symptoms ever seem to happen in any certain order.  I went last Monday to have blood drawn (10 vials, I feel your pain, Queen!) and by Wednesday I felt so awful that I called my doc for a tummy scan.  He saw me Thursday, prescribed Prilosec and the scans are set up for next week, thats the soonest they could get me in for a morning appointment since I have to fast.  All of my labs came back good, a little hard to compare to my last readings cause I went to a different lab, but I think all-around I am doing better.  So, I get the tummy scans Tues and go to a GI doc on Thurs.  Can't wait.  LOL   ::)

Work is costing me $20/day in gas to commute, pretty soon it'll be $25.  I can't afford to buy groceries or anything, and I am desperately looking for a job closer to home to save on gas.  Just applied to 6 or 7 this morning.  I am beat, need to rest before the ratrace starts again Monday.

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 02:35:28 pm »
Gosh Snow, what a day! It's rather fitting that you told us about it and it was post #666 on your post-counter thingy! ;D
LOL! That is kind of funny, must be a sign  ;D

I totally agree with you, Ann, if I ever get out of this relationship, I am done.  I obviously suck at picking out the right men.....friends with benefits that go home sounds so much better.

How are things going over on the Rock?

Moon- I hope you can find out what is going on and can get some rest.  Take care of yourself.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 07:05:17 pm »
Evening ladies,

Drag, didn't you have a voice recognition thingy for your computer? 

Snow, wow.  I would get on your SO's ass about helping you out definitely.  And hey, don't feel bad, I don't have a very good picker either.  I can't imagine having blood all over the place to clean up.  I would probably scream and pull my hair out.  I hope this evening goes better for you.

Cin, wow.  I didn't realize your problem with your tummy was getting so bad.  I hope the scans turn up what's wrong.  I hope the Prilosec helps.  I feel your pain on the gas.  People everywhere are fed up.  The economy is in horrible, horrible shape.  It's going to take more than four years to clean up the god-awful mess we have.

It didn't rain, so the picnic was on.  Liz spoke and did a terrific job.  She talked about her experience with different drugs, finally with crack, and then how she got clean (she's got four years clean right now).  I won't go into everything she talked about, but a few things brought tears to my eyes.  She was one hell of a speaker. 

My sinuses are still going crazy, and my chest is still tight.  In about 1/2 an hour I'm going to put heat on my sinuses.  I had 4 Mucinex D tabs from the last time my sinuses decided to go crazy.  I took one last night and one a few minutes ago.  I don't like to take them very often because they make my heart pound.  Kathy told me when she picked me up today that people who take thyroid are more suseptible to the drug's side effects.  It says right on the box to tell the doctor if you take thyroid medication, which I do.   Oh well.  It'll go away.  I'm not going to run out and buy more Mucinex D, however.  What a box of those cost is almost what I pay in groceries for a week. 

One of my gf's called when I was typing this, so I'll end it for now.  I hope you ladies have a good rest of the evening. 

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 10:07:05 pm »
Its been one busy day here for me. We watched the baby today until 6 and I had to go pick up her Daddy and take them home. Billy also volunteered us to watch his adoptive mothers son. He came at 5:30. He is still here. His mother should be picking him up in the next hour. He is somewhere around 50 years old and mentally retarded. He is a good guy but I am so ready to have the house back to just me and Billy. Billy has been keeping him busy so its not so bad.

With the cost of gas I'm tempted to sell my car and buy a moped. Filling up is killing my pocketbook.

Sorry about your tummy problems Cindy. Boy can I relate. I have an appointment in July with the gastro clinic. Its been three years and I still have no clue whats wrong with my intestines. They hurt 24/7 sometimes worse than others.
It hurts my lower intestines when I digest food. I'm accustomed to a certain amount of pain.

A year ago or so I had chronic constipation. It was so bad I couldn't have a BM without taking something or having an enema. Then i got the flu and the constipation went away. Now I'm back to your average positive persons on and off diarrhea problems.

Snow - Does SO stand for significant other?

LOL Ann - Mine is somewhat of a neat freak but I've trained him to deal with what I consider normal living messes. Shoes in the middle of the floor. Base boards not spic n span. a few dishes in the sink ect.
He isnt perfect but he is the closest I've found to it.

Hope your BBQ was fun Drag.

Have you tried hanging your head over a bowl of steaming water Betty. Sorry to hear your feeling cruddy. But I'm glad your still able to get out and enjoy yourself.

Welcome back home Mum.

Offline minismom

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2008, 11:07:47 pm »
I was hoping to come home to a couple days of rest and relaxation, but NOOOOOO! that wouldn't be my life at all.  Hubby and I snuck home on Thursday afternoon.  We had some coupons for free dinner at Garfields, so we went there and then saw the new Indiana Jones movie.  Save your money, it wasn't that good. >:(  We got up early on Friday morning so i could do our laundry and go to the grocery store.  We were barely in the door of Walmart when we saw one of our son's baseball mates.  Come to find out that #2 had a championship game that night at 6!

I hurried and called my mom so she could have the kids ready to go early - we weren't supposed to pick them up until 8pm.  We rushed home, put away the groceries, I made the kids sandwiches for a picnic dinner, and we turned around and left.  Got to mom's house at 4:30 and left at 5.  The game was awesome!!  Son's team wound up being in 2nd place in the league and had to play the #1 team for the championship.  Son's team lost, but only by 1 point: 12 to 11.  Son got a double.  The little guy after him hit a nice grounder to outfield.  Son slid into home plate and just laid there!  I guess he was basking in his glory, but there were 2 more runners trying to score.  The next guy to get to home plate, grabbed Son's arms, flipped him around so he was off home plate, then scored.  When the play was over, the umpire patted Son on the helmet and told him it was time to get up - he was in the way.  I was laughing so hard I almost peed. ;D  It was DQ sandwiches all around.

Today, we had to put together our littlest man's new dresser, clean the house, get the downstairs picked up, unpack the kids, I made a dress to wear to church tomorrow, then we hit the road again.  This time, it was to our little town pool where the entire Little League had a swimming party.  The coaches bought all the pizza and then everyone brought drinks, chips, cookies, etc.  There was enough junk food to kill a herd of elephants, but the kids all had fun.  We got home after 9pm, got teeth brushed, everyone changed into p.j's, and they were all asleep in 10 minutes.  Now Hubby and I just finished watching, "The Outlaw, Josie Wales".

Tomorrow is Father's Day and I was racking my brain about what to get Hubby.  I made him a certificate declaring him the world's greatest Pop.  Then, we filled a gift bag with POPcorn, POPcycles, POPtarts, baby bottle POPs, ring POPs, a twirly POP (sucker).  He'll get a kick out of it.  Our church is having a big breakfast tomorrow for everyone to honor fathers, so I don't have to cook.  For supper, I'm making him homemade rolls, BBQ ribs, sausage, hamburgers (for the kids), some veggies, and apple dump cake for dessert.

I'm still trying to catch up with everyone from the old thread and this one.  Betty, my darling, I'm SO sorry about your sinus problems.  I'm on my 8th month and no one knows what to do with me.  It gets worse with the rain and heat.  The mucus gets so thick that I choke on it.  I can't sleep on my back because i choke, so my right shoulder and hip hurt from sleeping on them all night.  The OTC med that i found worked the best for me was Wal-marts brand called "mucous and cough" relief.  You take 1 pill every 4hrs.  It helps to break up all the junk in my chest and dry up my head.  The 2nd best is Tussin (wal-mart brand Robitussin) head and chest congestion.  It's liquid and tastes like crap, but it works REALLY good and fast.  It also makes me sleepy so I take it at night.

OK, ladies, this is getting long.  If you've managed to keep up this far, then extra moochies to you! :-* :-*  If not, i still love you! ;D

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2008, 11:17:03 pm »

Tomorrow is Father's Day and I was racking my brain about what to get Hubby.  I made him a certificate declaring him the world's greatest Pop.  Then, we filled a gift bag with POPcorn, POPcycles, POPtarts, baby bottle POPs, ring POPs, a twirly POP (sucker).  He'll get a kick out of it. 

LOL what a cute idea. I wish I had read this earlier I would have stole your idea.

Billy bought me some fancy high thread count sheets for mothers day. I bought him a bed skirt that matches the color of the sheets. Its not fancy it from Walmart, but hey its a dust ruffle. LOL At least we wont have to look at the box spring anymore.
I'll show him extra special attention and tell him all sorts of sweet stuff. He will be happy with that.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2008, 04:55:12 am »
hi ladies,

the bbq was great but i hate being on the down low about being poz and having to think what people to trust and which not. somehow its always the ones i distrust who talk to me the most. and i always meet people who work at the hospital, i've had it with making aquiaintances from there. its the biggest employer here so that makes sense. since our ID dep has put us on display in a little aquiarium corner so that the hearing imparied secretaries can work better, i dread going to my appointments. i heard from my social worker that many others have complained too. and they put up a big sign above the desk, that says "infectious diseases". you just sit there like an idiot and everyone who passes stares at you.

Snow, what a horrible day you had. Poor thing. hopefully its behind you now, and the real weekend was better. You should speak to SO about doing his bit, he's living there too isnt he.

Betty, sounds like a great meeting. so is Liz off the painkillers now? hope your sinuses clear. could it have something to do with smoking? i know Mum doesnt smoke though.

Wow, lots of vials being drawn lately. My record was 14 - they had to do it in 2 times, I had to come the next week, and they left me looking like a junky. I'm never doing that again, my blood flows too slowly and clots for that. I always ask to lie down. And sometimes I ask for someone experienced. Whenever they don't give someone like that to me, they end up calling her after some failed attempts. Its so frustrating knowing your own veins and what you need, but not always being listened too. For example I know where is the best point, and whenever they don't listen they just poke around and don't get enough blood. Sometimes its absolutely ok but i never know how its going to be in advance.

I have voice recognition at work, but its installed on the network so i cant take it home. i use it, but most of my work now is with graphs, numbers and spreadsheets, so its not good for that (makes too many errors in numbers, and cant do graphics). i have used it sometimes for emails. but you have to speak really loud and clear - that's why i dont feel comfortable to dictate my posts here, cos i know i can here my collegues in the other rooms and they dont speak as clearly.

when im working the situation is really bad esp now with the work load increasing. this weekend i didnt work so i can post, but whenever i do i just have pain pretty bad.

Cindy, the commute sounds unbearable. i think gas is still cheaper in the US. whenever I go home or rent a car here I am appaled by the prices. Good luck with the job hunt, it's time I think, they dont leave you choice if they dont reimburse you for gas. And with the belly. maybe you have an ulcer?

Wini, hope Billy had a nice father's day.

hope everyone's ok. here's to a better week for all of us
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 04:57:09 am by Dragonette »

Offline minismom

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2008, 08:19:41 am »
Happy Father's Day to all the great men in our lives.

Winni, I'm even cheaper than that.  I bought a King sized fitted sheet (we have a queen-sized bed) and put it on the box springs.  Our room is teeny tiny so we had to buy one of those things that we put the bed on that has dressers in it, so I couldn't use our dust ruffle - it covered the drawers. 

Nothing has really happened so far this morning - everyone is still asleep.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2008, 08:32:35 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, I hope the gastro clinic can find out what's wrong with your belly.  Some pain is tolerable; but not so much stomach pain.  If I'm having stomach pain, there's not much I can do.  Thanks for suggesting hanging my head over a pan.  I used to do that and it really helped; I don't know why I didn't think of it this time.  I'm going to do that in a little bit. Tell Billy happy father's day from me.

Mum, what a cute idea for father's day.  You're so inventive.  And it sounds like you're right back into the thick of things.  How's Mini doing?  Please give her my love.

Drag, I would hate to go see the doctor the way they have things set up there.  I'm sure people stare.  That would drive me crazy.  Yes, Liz has been off the painkillers for awhile now.  She really has a strong message.  

It's a nice day today.  It's sunny and I don't think it's supposed to be higher than about 80.  Last week it was in the 90's, so 80 is a nice change.  I think later on Alex is going to go over to his parents' house so he can see his dad for father's day and pick up some of his art supplies (yes, he's an artist).  I've got a picture he did in my living area.  He used to have a studio, but a local gang vandalized it and destroyed it.  He's actually quite good.  

My brother will be coming over tonight. He called yesterday and said he would bring over supper, which is supposed to be pepper steak and something else.  He writes poetry and has been invited to read at a poetry club in New York in August.  He's published all over in the small press and runs a magazine with a couple other poets called "Fight the Bastards." (hee)  

Well ladies, I'm going to go eat breakfast.  I haven't been eating much since being sick.  The only reason I do is because of the diabetes.  I'm a very brittle diabetic, so my sugar can rise and crash fast.  And it feels like it might be crashing.  I'm also getting extremely hot and little woozy, so it's probably the ol' sugar.  I'll be back.  I usually check out the rest of the boards when I come on in the morning, but I just don't feel like it right now.  I'm missing my dad a bit.  This is the first father's day without him.  Have a good morning ladies.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2008, 12:05:18 pm »
a big sign above the desk, that says "infectious diseases". you just sit there like an idiot and everyone who passes stares at you.

I would want to wear a tshirt that says contagious. 

Seriously though. They should remove the sign if they are getting complaints.

Gotta run and give Billy special attention.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2008, 12:53:05 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Just another boring Sunday.  I haven't done a damn thing today except take a shower.  I haven't ventured out anywhere.  We had a little storm earlier, but it only lasted about 15 minutes.  Someone around here has been shooting off fireworks the past couple days and they're so frickin' loud.  Everytime one goes off I almost jump out of my seat.  I don't know why in the world they're starting it so early. 

My coughing is better.  I have no idea how the body manufactures so much snot though.  Where the hell does it all come from?  This is the question I'm off to ponder for awhile.  I'll probably be back later. 

Offline Veritee

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2008, 01:29:28 pm »
Sorry I have not been around

But Netta about what happened to you
Remember it is not your fault - this kind of thing is never your fault
I was abused as a child for many years  and have been raped as a young adult and only a few years back had a guy in our village who tried to sexually assault me - a bit like you describe - this mans wife also talked to me - said it could not have happened  - that I must have made it up or asked for it!! and then he tried to tell everyone that I asked for it!!!!!
 when I told the community what he had done .....................luckily he was not believed as people know me better here

bloody men - well some men anyway- and awlful that their wives beleve and support them
Do what you can to get him pay for this.......................

I have not been around because I went public here in the UK about my HIV story - I know my story is not unique at all

but I just wanted it heard - I needed to SHOUT and I shouted to the media and to my surprise - it got published!!

So it was published in a national newspaper today:
http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=my-husband-caught-aids-then-infected-me%26method=full%26objectid=20607784%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

It does not give the story as it appears in full in the paper - or maybe it
is because it does not have the pictures or quotes that it seems less
extensive?
Also I DID NOT say Barry was not on antiretrovivals

I said he was but his health and his PCP and other infections meant we were told they could only guarantee him 6 months to 2 years - but that who knows he looks a lot healthier than me so he could out live me yet!! they reported it wrong

But it is fathers day today and we were going out - but now Barry will not go
out now!! He is in hiding!!

He was, of course, fully part of it going into the papers, and was happy to
contribute all along but he did just not expect it to go on the front page -
neither did I

So he refuses to go out with me today as planned - Oh well!!! There is
always another day!

As he hates being photographed so it was this that has got to him, not the
story itself as he was happy to do it as he wanted to warn other men that it
really is not worth that 'one night, or 2 minute' stand however tempting it
may seem at the time.
He learnt a really hard lesson at an age that he really thought he had no
other lessons to learn - well that's the point as he sees it- if he can do
it at his age and after so many years of what is a happy marriage, others
can too!!!

I could have also have been unfaithful, but did not. Sometimes, given what
has happened,  I now wish I had

I life has so many twists and turns doesn't it?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 01:36:04 pm by Veritee »

Offline Veritee

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2008, 01:45:28 pm »
PS For fathers day I gave my man a meal and a bit of sex

We do not have this much now we are HIV ironic that we got it through sex but it- but it sort of killed it for us to an extent - he feels guilty and unwanted ( and mostly too tired and ill to bother)  - I feel totally unattractive as he went elsewhere

But I made an effort
and it was fine
So it was an OK fathers day

He has always been a great father and a great husband
I just forget this sometimes with this horrible thing that has come into our lives

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2008, 05:26:14 pm »
Hey Veritee, don't feel unattractive at all.  You are a very beautiful woman.  What Barry did has nothing to do with how you look or who you are as a person.  You two are still together, and that's what counts. 

Good for you for doing the interview!  That takes a lot of courage, and speaks volumes about the type of person you are.  Congratulations.
  Luv,
Betty

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2008, 10:01:46 pm »
I just looked back at the old threads and "The Dating Thread" is due a Happy Anniversary!  Little did she know what a great thing she had started, back on May 21st, 2007, when Cristy (aka "cjc") started a thread simply entitled "dating."

Way to go GFs!

The very beginning........................

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=12526.0

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline minismom

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2008, 11:45:25 pm »
Betty, honey, thanks for asking about Mini.  She's actually doing pretty good.  I sware under all those black curls lies a blonde :P.  Some days she's sharp as a tack and other days the fog just rolls in...LOL.  I guess I shouldn't laugh, but the things she comes up with are really funny.  She is so clueless.

She has decided not to play football this fall and has instead asked if she can play fall baseball.  WHEW!  She'll be in the coaches pitch league.  We're not expecting her to be the next Babe Ruth - she's afraid of the ball, can't catch, runs the bases backwards (remember she's dyslexic), and tends to twirl when she misses at bat.  At least she'll look cute in her pink glove and purple cleats. ;D.  Our youngest son, Mini and I will also start back dancing in September.

Her birthday is coming up and she's excited.  Every other word out of her mouth is what she wants for her birthday, can she have it for her birthday, can so and so come to her birthday, and this is what KIND of birthday she wants to have.  Now, mind you, her birthday isn't for another 2mths. *sigh*  She'll be 8 - hard to believe.  I look at her and it's just amazing to look back and remember what she's been through.  And, in many ways, what she's still going through.  She's a fighter.  She's a champion.  She's my champion; my little black-headed, clueless, chatty, blonde champion who has no idea what she's done for other people by just being her. 

I'm going to stop now before I start crying and all of you put me on "ignore" to spare yourself the agony of reading another of my posts.  My lungs still feel like steel, I'm a constantly flowing mucous factory, and the danged elephant still likes to take afternoon naps sitting on my chest.  But I'll not complain - at least not today.

Mum (who still has Poppy's picture on her refrigerator)
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2008, 07:58:00 am »
Morning ladies,

Cin, wow.  I didn't realize it's been a year since the first dating thread.  I tried to get ahold of Cristy again yesterday, but to no avail.  I sure hope everything's alright with her.

Mum, I still have Mini's valentine on my frig.  Mini is one of my biggest examples of how to live with dignity with HIV.  And she's decided to play baseball, aye?  Whatever she does, I know she'll enjoy.  I'd sure love to see one of her games.  I'd be her biggest fan.  Give her a hug for me.

Another morning.  My chest feel like mum's does-like there's a big elephant on it.  I'm not coughing like I was.  Actually I hate to even start coughing, for fear I won't stop (that's what's been happening).  My cough isn't very productive though, so it must just be irritation.  I've been smoking these roll-your-own cigarettes latey, and they're way more harsh than regular ones.  I've been on Welbutrin to stop for almost 3 weeks.  I thought one was supposed to stop after a couple weeks?  I have cut down quite a bit.  My sinuses are still flowing though.  I still wonder where and how the body manufactures so much snot.

Tonight is the volunteer orientation at one of the local homeless shelters (Hope).  Hopefully I'll feel well enough to go.  Oh hell, I'll go.  God knows I used to trudge to the dope house choking and puking, so I suppose when it comes to giving back, I can manage this.  Nothing else planned today.  I hope you ladies have a good morning. 

tendai

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2008, 09:19:40 am »
Hi mum - your love for Mini just glows in your posts.  she's just as blessed to have a mum like you.  Still feeling a bit off, huh? Hope u feel better soon. That was a sweet gift u made for your hubby..

Netta - im so sorry aobut what happened. If it were me i wouldve gotten his ass arrested no matter how much the wife apologised for him. And whats wrong with her tolerating such bullshit from him. where do men get off thinking all women are hot in the pants for them. A good kick in the balls would have been too good for him.That'll teach him to keep his hands to himself the asshole.

Cindy - good luck finding a job closer to home.  U're kind of like us in that respect where most of the salary goes towards transport which goes up every other day. Sorry u're not feeling well, i hope the tests come out good. Hows Iceman?

Wendy - LOL on the t-shirt. And wear it and sit right close to the sign..

Betty - i hear u about the firecrackers.  i feel like screaming and giving people who make all that noise a good wallop.  Honestly theres people who have high blood pressure and bad hearts who could collapse at the sound of those things. I really dont see the fun in them.
Congrats on Liz being clean for 4 years. And sorry about the sinuses.  I just remembered the movie Jungle Book where Kaa the snake goes "Oh my sinuses!" Watched it when i was about 12 years old. I hope the volunteering people can work something out for u so u dont spend all your money on gas going to and fro.

Snow - what a day u had! I hope u manage to talk to your SO about helping around the house a little. I hope he doesnt expect to "get some" at night when u're all exhausted..

Drag - i do hope they can do something about your wrists.

My weekend was ok. Very quiet. All alone with the tv. Some ex tried to tempt me in inviting him over to my place on sunday but i wasnt having any of that. those days are so over. better to be alone than be with someone who's plainly just using you.  SG well apart from one or 2 fliratious SMS nothing much.
Bob was on TV saying, "This country was won by the gun and u think it will be lost by a pencil writing an X? Theres nothing like that. We might as well go back to war." Well if its war he wants its war he'll get. I'm all for it.

We going to sleep here today. My boss gone off for a meeting and says we'll do the clinic at 4pm. And dont even think we'll be getting overtime for that.  Our messenger came here today screaming about our transport allowances that the money was short and yet it wasnt.  and he was screaming "im going to send ZANU thugs to beat u up!" and im like "Send them". What, he thought i'd cower and beg for forgiveness? i dont think so..Everyones broke and got stress but dont take it out on me..

Theres a cartoon on TV right now "Inspector Gadget". Takes me back to the days when we were young and nothing mattered but food and cartoons.

Offline netta

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2008, 03:33:51 pm »
Thanks ladies for all the support,I am trying to put this behind me, how about I'm having bad dreams. I hope they will go away, I pray before I go to sleep.My weekend was good, went to church and had dinner with my daughter and family.Very broke now but content all bills are paid! I get enough joy at home by myself doing crafts or reading a good book or watching t.v.. gas too high to go anywhere unless necessary, I have a friend who is in the hospital that called me today, he has cancer and hiv and was doing well untill yesterday he started bleeding, so i will go visit him  today. he really like me but we are just friends and have been for years. He is very respectful and I have never slept with him. He is still active in his addiction but works every day, he is honest and I respect him for that. At the moment I am glad I don't have a man,I don't have much sexual desire at all, Is this from the hysterectomy in 2002, or the zoloff making me numb? I don't know but I'm not complaining lol, I guess when the right man comes along....Anyway he must be a turn on or I won't waist my time! It is too valuable!
i HOPE YOU LADIES ARE ALL DOING FINE. Queen you are missed!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 03:42:25 pm by netta »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2008, 03:54:01 pm »
Is this from the hysterectomy in 2002, or the zoloff making me numb? I don't know but I'm not complaining lol,

If they took your ovaries that is most likely the culprit. Not to mention you just went through a sexual trauma.

I just got home from work, again.

The old man I take care of, we will call him ding dong #1. His older evil brother who is in a nursing home and paralysed, we will call ding dong #2.

I took the dog from ding dong #1's house this morning and brought him home so Billy could take him to ding dong #2's.
The dog is a boston terrier. He is technically owned by ding dong #2 but he has not been able until recently to keep the dog.
He can have the dog over to his nursing home a couple of days a week now. I've been the dogs primary care giver for the last 2 years.
Anywho. Billy got a call from the nurse at ding dong #2's home saying come get the dog, he has fleas.
So I went over and got him. Took him back to ding dong # 1's and washed him and put on a flea treatment (Atvantage)
He didn't have any fleas. He had dandruff.
Called Billy and told him that. Billy called the owner of the nursing home and made it ok for the dog to go back to ding dong # 2's

I took the dog back and one of the nurses was talking to me with her arms all folded over her chest, chicken necking while she talked.
Geez her body language was so obvious. She did not want the dog there. LOL

Long story short. I was hot, sweaty and tired of people screwing with me. When I went to pick up the dog, evil ding dong # 2 mouthed off at me and I of course having a short fuse yelled back. I didn't cuss like he did though and I apologised to the ladies present for yelling in front of them. Unlike him.
I swear I have never met anyone in my life that was as nasty mean as this man. From what I have been told he was a horrible person even before he was paralysed. I'm fairly certain he was born rotten. He was nice when I brought the dog back. The dog is one of his only passions.

If he wasnt a millionare who provided us with easy money I would have told him to shove it up his ass a long time ago. LOL

So, that is pretty much how my day has gone. Its fairly normal actually. There is never a shortage of drama with ding dong #1, ding dong #2 and their sister who Billy and I also work for.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 04:12:18 pm by Winiroo »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2008, 04:10:28 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Tendai, every time I read one of your posts about the situation in your country, I'm dumbfounded.  I hope Mugabe doesn't win, lord how I hope.   Oh, I remember Inspector Gadget.   When my daughter was little, she used to love that one. 

Netta, of course you feel numb.  Look at what you just experienced.  That's enough to leave any woman numb.  I'm so sorry about the bad dreams.  I'm sorry, I can't remember if you said you see a therapist or not.  It would be a good idea to talk to a professional who can help you work through all this stuff.  I have a couple friends who are still into addiction.  Sometimes I don't think the line people draw can be so rigid.  There are still people who need our love.  I don't tend to shut people off so quickly because of addiction issues.  Of course, if they're scammin, then I draw the line. 

Well, my sinuses and chest are driving me absolutely crazy.  I'm coughing up stuff, blowing my nose every 2 minutes and I hardly have any appetite.  For dinner, there was spicey fried chicken, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, and coleslaw.  I only ate 1/2 a piece of chicken and a few bites of coleslaw.  I couldn't eat anything else.  If I'm still feeling like this tomorrow, I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor. 

I did my roots today (I do my own, can't afford a salon ya know).  I don't know whether or not I'm going to go to the volunteer orientation tonight. I would just hate to have to blow my nose every other minute.  I might just get ahold of the lady in charge and ask her to let me know when the next one is.  I am listening to some good music, though.  Robert Cray.  I just love him.  Does anyone else know who he is?  Kinda bluesy.  I hope you ladies have a good evening.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.