Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:50:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773281
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 337
Total: 339

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: VISA & Health Insurance - Germany  (Read 8407 times)

Offline MisterSG

VISA & Health Insurance - Germany
« on: February 04, 2014, 05:20:47 pm »
Hi all,

I will be moving to Germany in May 2014. I need a residence permit but unsure if I should declare HIV positive on my VISA application. I did contact the embassy. They said I need to proof my health insurance in Germany cover for my HIV condition in order to get my residence permit.

I have yet to find a company that will cover HIV in Germany. I already have about 6 more months of supply in my home country, Singapore.

Need some advice on whether I should declare HIV on my visa application and if anybody knows of an insurance company that can cover HIV/AIDS in Germany?

My visa appointment with German embassy is next week and I am scrambling to find answers. :(

Thanks.

Offline Matts

Re: VISA & Health Insurance - Germany
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:17:32 am »
Hi
I hope U enjoy Your stay here.
Its quite easy to get an insurance. At first U have to decide if U want a public or a private Insurance (You have to earn more than 53.500€ a year for private insurance. If U have only HIV a private insurance is not necessary.

One of the best public insurances is SBK:
https://www.sbk.org/en/why-sbk.html

BUt there are also others. If U wish a Special Service U can choose here the best Company for U:
http://www.gesetzlichekrankenkassen.de/mitgliedsantrag/mitgliedsantrag.html

all public: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_gesetzlichen_Krankenkassen_in_Deutschland
all private:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_Krankenversicherung

As far as I know no public health insurance asks if U have HIV.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:40:55 am by Matts »
Dovato

Offline Dr.Strangelove

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 07:07:31 am »
I think a private insurance may not be an option if you are poz. They ask for preconditions when you want to join and HIV is one of the things they ask for.

The public insurance (which is how by far most Germans are insured) doesn't ask anything and they all cover HIV/AIDS.

Are you going to be a student there or work? If you go there for work, do you already have some sort of contract from that company? You should definitely get in touch with a health insurance before you arrive.

Offline Dr.Strangelove

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 10:38:19 am »
Oh, please ignore what I said about the private insurance asking for pre-conditions. Apparently I am not up to date with the regulations. Nowadays they have to offer a basic coverage to anyone. So you got the choice. (I still would suggest the public option though).

Offline WorriedButterfly

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 10:22:25 am »
Dear MisterSG,

I am facing the exact situation like you.
My company is arranging me to allocate me to Germany and I will need to be there for more than 180days in Bavaria state.
Please tell me your experience and how did you manage.
And how is everything with you now? I really hope all is well for you.
Please answer me ASAP. I might be losing job if I can't manage this well.

P.S ( to all), I am a regular visitor of this forum. and today, I really need your guys help.

Offline anonimenjas

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 04:09:33 pm »
Dear All

I am moving to Germany, I already have a contract all I need is to apply for visa in my country.

Can you share your experience. Do I need to tell my employer about my status? I will be staying more than 3 months there, do I need to apply for residence permit?
If I apply for residence permit, do I need to do a medical check for HIV?

Thank you all
It's not the years in your life that count, It's the life in your years!!!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.