Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:08:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 652
Total: 652

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Need some advice please  (Read 7300 times)

Offline worriedwonderer111

• Standard
Need some advice please
« on: November 30, 2014, 10:12:59 am »
Hi Jeff/Ann/Andy/Rapid and co, I've been following the forums for a few months now but didnt want to keep posting until I have tested out because I know how frustrating it must be for you to keep telling someone they have conclusively tested negative after a series of tests at the right time. I shall keep this simple.

I had a condom break with a CSW and felt symptoms - two weeks after the event (I know you dont like to discuss symptoms but I have to mention them as they were in the time frame but I wont say which symptoms as it may put things in other viewers minds in the wrong way and cause more worry).

Below are my results:

2 weeks after the incident - HIV neg
6 weeks after the incident - HIV neg
12 weeks (exactly 84 days) after the incident - HIV neg

The only question I have is that between 2003 to 2008 I was taking Minocycline daily for acne for roughly 5 years - could this have an effect on the antibodies production now?

Also recently the last 2-3 years I have been taking erythromycin 500mg twice a day every day and was wondering if this would have an effect on my test results?

What I am getting at is would any of these medications I have taken long term have an effect on my immune system response?

Thank you.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Need some advice please
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 10:23:01 am »
A 12 week negative test past any possible exposure is conclusive that you do not have HIV.
The medicine you have been on have no effect or bearing on the test results .

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI.Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence .

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 10:56:01 am »
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Would it matter which generation of test was used?

I am based in the UK and on the form it did say something about results showing in 28 days but can take up to 3 months.

The test was done via blood test on all 3 tests taken so I'm guessing it would have been at least a 3rd generation test?

Regards,

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 11:06:04 am »
The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. Most who are infected will test positive by 6 weeks. For various reasons a small number will take longer and that is why we follow the CDC recommendation to test at 3 months for a conclusive negative result.

Your test results are conclusive and they will not change . Here is a link to our lessons on HIV testing . http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/HIVtests_5029.shtml
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 04:21:05 pm »
Thanks Jeff for the peace of mind advice. I did have 2 more questions. These are:

1) If symptoms were present at two weeks in someone who's been infected I'm guessing a 6 week test or any test shortly after would pick up the virus?

2) who or what can be described as a late seroconverter? I'm guessing if its someone with a compromised immune system already they'd know about it? I.e. someone on chemo etc if I've read correctly.

I'm not on chemo, not had a organ transplant and haven't ever injected any drugs.

Is it true that even people who have the issues above are mostly also picked up in the 3 month window?

This is my last post now so I want to say thank you for all your support and just want to let you guys know you are doing a great job. Thanks Jeff and co and please send my regards to Ann, I did read somewhere she is away for some personal time but have read a lot of her posts previously and have to say she is an outright straight talking legend. All of you are.

In my darkest times I've read through the forums and found some sound advice.

I have donated a sum of money to the local HIV charity and I do wish and hope one day there will be a cure. Thanks so much everyone.

Take care

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 05:13:54 pm »
We do not discuss symptoms or possible ARS because symptoms are not specific to HIV and that is why we advise people who have had a risk to test in the window period just like you have done . You can trust the results as conclusive, this talk of chemo or immune system does not apply in your situation … if a persons immune system is so damaged that they can’t make HIV antibodies they would be within hours of death, covered with cancer and in tremendous pain … that is not you .

You can move on … you do not have HIV .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

• Standard
Re: Need some advice please - Rimming
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 05:20:51 pm »
Hi all,

I need some advice please, I met with 2 TS CSW's yesterday and we had a threesome, the original plan was a 1 on 1 but the woman I was supposed to meet asked me if I had any extra and if I fancied a threesome, I felt the need to say yes.

Anyway we did not have any receptive or insertive, just oral with condoms and I rimmed both. There's something which concerns me though so I don't know if I should seek PEP as a precaution, I'm thinking maybe the second TS CSW (she came in the room later on) had her blood or something in a needle/syringe hence why she came in late and pricked me but then I think surely I'd have felt it right? The only reason I ask is because the first had mounted my face so my view was blocked for a few mins. I just don't know what to do?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 05:23:32 pm »
Rimming is a STI risk, however not a HIV risk.

Jim

I'm thinking maybe the second TS CSW (she came in the room later on) had her blood or something in a needle/syringe hence why she came in late and pricked me but then I think surely I'd have felt it right?

Did not happen You would have known about it if I injected you with a syringe and why ? I mean why would she ?

Move on with you life.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 05:25:38 pm »
Hi Jim,

I've had my Hep A and B shots so should be ok for rimming?

Thank you for the prompt response. What do you reckon to the pricking? I've just been so tired today and my legs feel heavy so I'm wondering what if what if what if?

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 05:29:18 pm »
Protected oral sex and rimming are not risks for HIV infection, so no need to seek PEP due to these incidents.

I have no idea as to whether you were pricked by a needle or syringe containing HIV-infected blood (how would I?).  I would think you would feel it, and I think it highly unlikely someone would do this to infect you. 

Whether you seek PEP because you think you were pricked by a syringe that may have contained HIV-infected blood is your decision.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 05:29:38 pm »
When you emailed about the account I thought ir would be unprotected intercourse was not expecting this.

What do you reckon to the pricking? I've just been so tired today and my legs feel heavy so I'm wondering what if what if what if?

If I am honest I think its paranoid, do you remember the 3 Heb B shots, you felt it right its because they are injecting fluids into the tissue.

Why would she do that and how would you not notice (thinking back to how the Heb B shot felt) be logical about this and move on.

Jim
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 05:32:46 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 05:36:07 pm »
I don't know, you're probably right it's probably paranoia, I remember the hep B jabs they hurt when they were injected and I could feel the fluids entering and it hurt for sometime after that too.

I'm just thinking she was close to my legs and I may not have felt it as much?

Maybe it's guilt..??

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 05:46:22 pm »
I'm just thinking she was close to my legs and I may not have felt it as much?

I can't help you. Look if you truly believe that the girl injected you with a needle containing HIV (Why) than by all means run down to A&E, but don't be posting here about it for the next 3 months !

I am telling you, that you would have noticed big time if someone injected you with fluids whilst you was busy moving about with the other girl.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 05:52:25 pm »
I remember the hep B jabs they hurt when they were injected
Indeed, trained nurse doing it for a reason whilst you are sitting still and it hurt.

Fast forward and now you are moving about during sex and you believe the untrained CSW for no reason at all creeps up and stabs you and injects you and you are concerned that you might not have felt it. ?

Look I can't help you if you believe that is what happened but its a story for a tabloid not reality. Stop stressing or if you truly believe it go to A&E

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 06:00:39 pm »
Lol you reckon The Sun would eat it up?

I think I just needed to be told it's all ok and all in my head, I just felt maybe she was out there to get me (don't know why) but you're right I'd have felt something sharp I guess!

Would A&E even warrant PEP over this? I think I'll just take your advice and stop stressing....??

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 06:34:22 pm »
Hi,

I just wanted some answers to a few questions:

1) ARS symptoms (if they occur) come together and go together at the same time am I correct in saying?

2) On this forum a few years back I used to see the mods saying the average time for seroconversion is 22 days? How come this is not used anymore? Has it changed across the years?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 05:22:41 am »
Look I am going to add don't come back to be posting about this situation.
There is nothing more we can do for you in this setting and if you post again about this it will result in a 28 day ban.

As said all means go run down to A&E, but don't be posting here about it for the next 3 months, your fear are irrational and we will not be entertaining them.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

• Standard
Re: Need some advice please - fisting
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 02:26:39 am »
Hi all,

I had some what if an exposure yesterday, I met with a TS Escort for some mutual masterbation. The activities we did were oral both ways with a condom, me rimming her. I know these are not much risk but the thing which I am concerned about is I started fingering her anus with 1 finger then she said put 2 and then 3 and then 4 and then my whole fist was in there, I’m concerned because I did this without any gloves or protection. Is this something I should be concerned about as I was deep in her anal canal/mucus etc?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2018, 02:31:16 am »
Fingering is not a HIV risk and nobody has ever been infected this way.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2018, 02:33:00 am »
Thank you for the promt reply.

What about my whole hand and fist being inside her without any protection?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2018, 02:34:17 am »
Not a HIV risk.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 02:37:50 am »
Thanks Jim.

Would it be possible to get an explanation why so going forward I’m a bit more educated on this matter? The reason I ask is because of the gaps between nails or and small cuts, I thought these may act as a portal for hiv.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2018, 04:10:50 am »
We have been over this before with you, your fears are irrational and we will not be entertaining them.

Nobody has ever been infected from fingering or fisting anal or otherwise. You could have put your entire arm up there and still no HIV risk.

The skin lacks the cells to infect, this concern also lacks exposure and hence despite cuts & scrapes to the fingers/skin or hands it has sexually never resulted in HIV transmission. It simply would make no difference and not create a direct route viable for HIV to reach and infect the cells needed for transmission.

For this to create even a theoretical risk you would need to chop one of your finger off as example and stick the fresh and bleeding stump in your partner, now that simply did not happen. So move on, you did not even have a theoretical risk.

Read about what your risks are here but please do not post about no-risk scenarios again, consider yourself warned

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/hiv-transmission-risks
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:13:27 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

• Standard
Oral Sex - Receptive with symptoms - Unique Case?
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2022, 10:51:33 pm »
Hi Moderators,

I hope you’re all well!

Just wanted some help on an exposure I had on 13th April with a TS Sex worker.

We had foreplay and oral with each other, she sucked me without a condom and I sucked her without a condom however I know me sucking her is a “theoretical risk” however is my case any different to what you see? I suffer from IBD with a potential for it being Crohns, I didn’t see any outbreaks in my throat before our meet if I’m being honest however after the oral I ended up with a bad sore throat. Could she having caused flare up of my throat IBD and increases my risk?

She went deep and in effect I was deep throating her with her cock hitting the back of my throat, this would have been my first time ever doing it without a condom.

Anyway next day my throat was hurting, the day after it was hurting even more and it’s been hurting ever since, today I vomited randomly with sweating and I’ve had a loss of appetite the last few days. I know we don’t discuss symptoms but is it too soon for them to appear if this is? From 13th to 19th/20th April? Throat pain is still there but slightly better...

What are my chances of coming out of this with a negative result?

Thank you for all your help and guidance in advance.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2022, 03:08:46 am »
Hiya,

Whatever started to make you sick the day after the encounter has nothing to do with HIV from the encounter. See your GP and treat whatever infection or illness is causing you to feel sick. I hope you feel better soon.

Regarding your HIV risk, I read your post three times, and I see no reason to stress or test over this encounter outside of standard yearly screening.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms, and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will removed.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2022, 04:24:40 am »
Thank you Jim!

Do you think I will test negative if I test after 12/13 weeks over this exposure?

You say the symptoms with my throat has nothing to do with it, it started the day/2 days after, if this was an exposure when is the timeline for symptoms to manifest?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2022, 04:49:58 am »
Do you think I will test negative if I test after 12/13 weeks over this exposure?
if this was an exposure

No, no.  Testing already answered and you saying "if this was an exposure" is a big red flag that something else happened.

Let me be clear, based on what you have posted, there is no need for HIV testing outside of the yearly routine unless there have been other activities or sexual encounters you have not mentioned here.

I am unwilling to pretend what you posted so far about the encounter, warrants any stress or specific HIV testing, as it would be a disservice to you and the wider community.  Whatever is making you sick isn't HIV related from this encounter, and you should see your GP, end of story, and I am not going to discuss symptoms further with you.

If you did have a real risk like condomless intercourse then test at six weeks post-exposure with a blood-drawn (Lab) HIV antibodies test, a non-reactive result at that time would rarely ever change and retesting at three months is generally not needed. If your risk was sharing drug rigs and you have been a long time drug user then speak to your healthcare provider about testing.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2022, 05:00:52 am »
Thanks for the reply Jim,

No this was the only exposure - unprotected oral both ways.

I’m just wondering if any damage was caused to my throat during the deep throating to make me feel like this or unless I’ve caught and STD/STI of the throat, if I have are my chances of acquiring HIV through this episode still negligible? Hence the reason why I asked on the timeline to see if they fit my exposure just for peace of mind.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2022, 05:04:44 am »
Relax and move on with your life, stop stressing about HIV.

unless I’ve caught and STD/STI of the throat

As I said, see your GP about the sore throat and treat it.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

• Standard
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2022, 05:39:36 am »
Thanks Jim!

So you 100% state I can move on from me GIVING a blowjob unprotected to this TS sex worker?

Would it be ok if I post result in 6 weeks time or there’s no need?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2022, 06:42:10 am »
Would it be ok if I post result in 6 weeks time or there’s no need?

I would rather you didn't.

Move on with your life!
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2022, 03:51:29 pm »
Jim I’m really confused and worried because reading some sites it says HIV symptoms can occur within 3-10 days which matches my timeline of sore throat, loss of appetite, diarrhea and now I have a dry cough and it says early symptom of HIV is a dry cough along with the symptoms I already have. I’ve also been reading previous posts by you to others and to some you’ve recommended taking PREP so I’m confused about my exposure now given that I have symptoms within the Timeframe. Please give me some form of peace of mind?

Genuinely what is my chances of coming out of this ok?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2022, 05:11:31 pm »
I’ve also been reading previous posts by you to others and to some you’ve recommended taking PREP

::)

I tell 99% of people to consider PrEP, I also recommended safer sex to you including condoms and PrEP.  Don't pretend I didn't and the fact I recommend you and others to use condoms and PrEP to avoid HIV doesn't change the assessment I provided over the concerned event you posted.

See below I have quoted where I also informed you to use condoms and to consider PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis)

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Now, it takes HIV over a week to take hold, let alone for your immune system to cause any symptoms, also, the most common symptom would be none or nothing noticeable. I wish it were different, as it would be a lot better for humanity if it did cause an apparent initial reaction.

Anyhow, I've already explained that your issues have nothing to do with HIV from the concerned event and that you should see your GP.

I’m really confused

The worst-case scenario is what you posted was a minute HIV risk that doesn't warrant stress or testing outside of routine, and you should move on with your life and see your GP regarding your throat that has nothing to do with HIV from this event.

In short, there is nothing to be confused about, now stop asking me the same questions again and again. If you post about this encounter again, it will result in a ban from these forums.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 05:58:55 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

• Standard
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2022, 08:59:42 pm »
Jim,

I don’t think it’s fair to say you will ban me from the forum just because I asked a question regarding my symptoms and “near negligible” risk, I’ve had no justification of what near negligible means, all I’ve been told is to move on with my life yet I am facing symptoms directly after the the Receptive blowjob.

I went to see a doctor at the GUM clinic who’s taken a swab of the throat however it doesn’t explain the diarrhoea and vomiting and so he thinks it’s a “viral infection” however by him saying that obviously points me in the direction of HIV. I vomited and started feeling ill a lot more 6-7 days after my exposure, would ARS show up this soon? I know you said it would take this amount of time for HIV to take hold but surely some people would produce symptoms by now? 13th was the exposure date and 25th is when the diarrhoea stopped. I still have the sore throat though. I’m not trying to piss you off here it’s the last thing I want to do but I just want some science based facts.

Please don’t ban me.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2022, 10:21:36 pm »
I’ve had no justification of what near negligible means, all I’ve been told is to move on with my life

I've just reread the recent posts between us, and I don't know what you have been reading but its not my replies to you because you were told and given far more information than just being told to move on with your life and you already knew that it was only in your own words a "theoretical risk". Throughout I have given you context that it's such a minute risk that there is no need to stress or test about HIV outside of routine screening.

Giving a blowjob and HIV, the mouth generally lacks a route for HIV to infect, and saliva also acts to neutralize HIV by damaging the receptors needed to infect human cells. It's such a minute HIV risk that it doesn't warrant specific testing outside of the standard yearly routine.

I've explained that whatever started to make you sick the next day or six days for that matter has nothing to do with HIV from the concerned event. I've also said you should see a healthcare provider to treat the issue; There are other infections, far more common ones, that could make you sick regardless of your HIV status. I've provided you with relevant safer sex & testing information.

Finally, all assessments here are based on scientific facts and ignoring the mod & excessive posting as warned has now resulted in a 28-day ban.

I don’t think it’s fair to say you will ban me

I think it's more than fair to give a clear warning before banning someone and it's a requirement for me to do so.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 01:06:30 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.