Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:26:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773224
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 590
Total: 592

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: You wana puff?  (Read 5050 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
You wana puff?
« on: February 04, 2007, 01:34:00 pm »
Just a quick one...  I have been free of it for a month now... I feel alot better and seriously, I am not missing it..  Must be a good sign!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EypGCA4GZ6c&mode=related&search=

Offline koi1

Re: You wana puff?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 01:47:09 pm »
Lord times have changed. The look on her face! Makes me want to smoke!
Hilarious!

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 02:59:21 pm »
Good for you, Eric! Well done!

That commercial is hilarious and more than a little ironic.

Whatever. Just keep on not doing what you're NOT doing!

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Nico

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 03:19:47 pm »
Eric,
I was not sure if I wanted to laugh or slap her in the face!   :)  Anyway, I am proud of your progress and reminds me when I quit in 1988.  Lord if you do ever get the urge just replay that clip!

Roger
Poz since 1990.

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 03:26:08 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EypGCA4GZ6c&mode=related&search=

And so I say to myself, "Hmmmm... Where can I get this brand so that I might get cancer and die too?"  ;D

On a side note WTG Eric! Keep up the good work! I just quit cold turkey almost two weeks ago. Only had a minor craving for a moment yesterday but I'm too determined to fall back now!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 05:10:14 pm by marc11864 »
Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 03:27:58 pm »
Eric,

Congrats on the month!  I know how hard it is to quit.  I'm so happy that you are not missing it.  Keep it up!  Remember, you never have to quit again.

Hugs &  :-*  :-* ,

Mike

Offline mjmel

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 03:32:43 pm »
"SOMETHING WONDERFUL HAPPENS!" I gag just to see the smoke!
I wonder if it was a successful campaign ad. Yeah, times have sure changed.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 04:23:01 pm »
Eric...has it been a month already?

YAY for you!

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 04:30:25 pm »
Yup!  I really thnk my body is thanking me brain about this..  And me brain is getting one of those needed boosts in esteem...  Thanks everyone....  The thought was put in my brain right here a few months back. 

AM Rocks!

Offline koi1

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 06:16:05 pm »
I would say that your brain is thanking your body because it is looking mantastic.

rob ;)
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 06:23:56 pm »
That's Hot.
-paris hilton
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 07:13:41 pm »

That old commercial reminds me of some of the old cigarette slogans ;

Winston taste good like a cigarette should

Tareyton smokers would rather fight then switch

Take a puff, it's springtime ( I think that was Newport)

You can take Salem out of the country, but you can't take the country out of Salem--- I remember that jingle.

I know there were others, but I can't remember !!

Continued success Eric------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 07:31:41 pm »
Loved the commercial.

Another old slogan from Doral I think:  Taste me! Taste me!  Come on and taste me!

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 10:23:24 pm »
"I'd Walk A Mile for A Camel"  AS IF...

"Welcome to Marlboro Country" I think NOT

Hey Eric,

Remember all the old movies?  A person walks into a night club.  It was filled with the ultra chic, all dressed to the 9's and all smoking.  Those movies were the best ads money could buy.  Thirty to 40 years later, smoking becomes socially unacceptable. 

I tried cold turkey, the patches and the gums and none of it works when the small trickle of nicotine is stopped all together.  Here is what amuses me... any person over the age of 18 can purchase cigarettes.  To get the patch, a person has to have a prescription so, even after the medical visit, the patch still costs more than the cigarettes.

My first BF used to do all these lectures on the costs of smoking.  He would calculate the monthly cost of tobacco products and compare that with the costs of airline tickets to Cancun or Mazatlan.  That never worked so once he borrowed a piece of human lung in a display case from the local hospital and that did not work either.

I saw him once about a year after we went separate ways.  We spent a few hours together in his office and he finally noticed I went the whole visit without excusing myself to step outside.  I let him think his efforts worked because I was living in another state and knew that was our last visit.

Remember the Marlboro Man?  Such a hunk until they hooked up the life support.  Marlboro sent me a beer opener for being such a good customer.  It is in the glove box in the car since it was received at the post office because, I rarely drink beer.  I wait for the day they send out nebulizers.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 10:55:20 pm by Eric »

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 12:57:23 am »
Eric: one month and going strong! If you have a puff now, I will have to fly out to Aspen and deck you (even though I'm a much littler guy than you).

Congratulations!

:-* Jay
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 02:09:34 am »
Eric, Way to go!

I quit in May. But I don't look anywhere near as SEXY as you do...Dayum!!!!!!

Keep up the good work.
Positive since 1985

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 02:13:44 am »
Jeff, can you believe he was SURPRISED he was cruised recently?

Silly and sweet Eric!
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline poodlelover

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 02:24:55 am »
If anyone is wanting to quit but is having a hard time a new drug came out last may it's Chantix.  It was the easiest way to stop smoking for me.  its not like wellbutrin.  This drugs works on the addictive part of the brain and helps the cravings for cigs.  after taking it one week I was able to not smoke and didn't have the urges.  but..and yes there is a but...after 3 months, i had a familiy crisis, quit the meds and started back.  But will be getting back on it soon.
Connie

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.