Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:45:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 384
Total: 387

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: amongst rare and unluckiest  (Read 7328 times)

Offline canttoleratemore

• Standard
amongst rare and unluckiest
« on: August 23, 2013, 10:48:19 am »
I has condom protected sex with csw but for three seconds I performed clitoris licking. On the ninth day i had fever mild but have chillness, weakness with it. Fever lasted for three days and then intermittent temp. for five more days . I also developed dry mouth and white tongue though i was on ciprafloxacin and then on levofloxacin. My lymph nodes of neck are swollen I happened to notice it after almost twentieth day and have sonography for that . It was in the report that cervical lymph are especially swollen two on each side. Even after 30 days i still feel weakness , dry mouth. I am also having skin sensitivity and it turns red on slight pressing. on 19 day i had antigen duo fourth generation test and it came back negative. On 27 day i had RNA, DNA PCR along with fourth generation duo test. My value was 0.05 for duo test which had index value 1.0 as border line. Rna detection has 20 copy/ml sensitivity. How sure i must be from these results. I happened to talk to csw and she said she never had any fever in last two years and she is getting regularly checked for hiv at 3 months interval. after 30 days i am having little abdomen pain also. Still i have tiredness and feel pain in muscle it do activity for long
 now after 30 days i have very mild abdominal pain like. i have lymphadenopathy , sonography report stated "multiple enlarged bilateral cervical node with central fattly hilium largest measuring 20x8 in right submandibular region level IB more likely inflammatory or infective cervical adenopathy. On right level two largest measuring 20x8 mm in size at IB at II few largest 9x4 mm III 6x2 mm
on left levels 13x5 mm lart flat node measure 20x4 mm at II and at III 6x3 mm"

Just after one month I had a cd4 report which is as follows

cd3(T cells absolute) Result 3150 reference range 723-2737
CD4 % 16.82 33-58%
CD4 absolute 530 404-1612
worst part cd4/cd8 ratio is 0.2 only present in hiv infected people

I recently after 41 days again had RNA DNA PCR with 4 gen antigen/antibody Duo test. Result came nagative which is after 41 days or almost 6 week. But last time my antibody index on duo test was only 0.05 and after 17 days now in last time it came as 0.57. Is it increasing and matter of worry?

I know in this forum oral is considered no risk and mine was only three to four sec. clit. licking max. but it seems all odds went against me and this lowest risk might have cost me. I have read on all other forums and from dr HHH and other doctors that 6 week duo is almost conclusive and they have never seen any 6 week negative on duo turning positive later on. Same is with negative DNA and RNA pcr TEST and it is said that these test are 99 % accurate at one month and i had two at 26 and 41 days both time negative. It appears that i have broken the records since either it may be hiv 2 which is again very rare and said to be less transmittable but my luck is doomed. I have not taken sleep for more than three hours in last 40 days and spending everyday is like year. My weight is continuously decreasing , continue tiredness, month long white tongue and sore throat, full fatigue and joint pain.

Please suggest is it possible I am not infected.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: amongst rare and unluckiest
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 10:54:44 am »
cant,

You do not have hiv and it's no surprise as you did NOT have a risk. "Clit licking" (called cunnilingus) is NOT a risk for hiv infection, and protected intercourse is just that - protected against hiv infection.

There have been three long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one.

PCR test are not recommended for diagnostic purposes, as have a high rate of false positive results - like your first result. Regardless of any PCR test, the results must still be confirmed with standard antibody testing at the appropriate time.

If you continue to feel unwell, continue working with your doctors. You have conclusively ruled out a possible cause (hiv) - a virus for which you weren't even at risk.

YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV!!!

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED FURTHER HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline canttoleratemore

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 11:12:21 am »
Thanks Ann for reply
But my main concern remained unanswered. What about inverted cd4/cd8 ratio? 0.2 is only found in hiv infected recently and later on. I read many papers of cd4 ratio in acute infection. This is my biggest concern. Because I couldn't find any other reason for this. Have you ever seen case like this.

that lady is also saying that she is getting tested every three months but again here my unlucky part that she might be in window period and recently she just has changed her number and even not responding her agent calls also. Either she was lying because of profession and money wise.

I have had all ars symptoms and on exactly same time but has lasted upto more than 4 weeks. My white tongue, swollen nodes, tiredness, joint pain which are still continue are the reasons i cant think anything else. Since I am having symptoms from 13 July so if symptoms are due to antibody formation then i have had a long time like more than 4 weeks with symptoms so what are the chances. My antibody index value also has increased from 0.05 to 0.57 in fifteen days means is it increasing? My palms skin is peeling. I had angular chelites also along with thrush but it went after 4 days. Except rash there is no symptoms left which is not alarming?
I just had fear I am among unluckiest since oral risk is again considered  almost no risk with 1 probability in 10000 risk and there are many study to support it and again even with just three sec non insertive licking my luck is likely doomed. Again tregedy that she is also saying she is clean. What are the odds.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 11:32:07 am »
You did not and can not get HIV in the manner you are concerned about and you do not have HIV .

Ann answered your questions quite completely and you seem to have ignored the most important part and that is no risk means no HIV . The only way to know if you have HIV is to test , not by symptoms . We do not discuss symptoms because they are not specific to HIV and are irrelevant to your situation . You need to see your doctor and find out why you are sick because its NOT HIV .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline canttoleratemore

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 01:18:06 am »
Dear
Jeff and Ann

thats why i choose my title amongst rare and unluckiest.
I have had test for hiv and i mentioned it already . Mine cd4/cd8 ratio is only 0.2 after one month of exposure and cd4 percentage is only 16.8 %. This cd4 ratio is only only found in hiv infected people and i searched through all internet pages and there is no another explanation. It is said that in acute infection after one month cd4 falls severely and then may raise to certain level. Different people have different responses and there are many studies where they have compare ratio between normal and infected people and in infected people it is always inverted.

although till 41 days mine RNA, and DNA PCR test and DUO ANTIBODY tests are negative but there may be some changes in these results since i am very far from 3 months confirmatory period and possibility of hiv 2 but there are no exceptions of inverted cd4 ratio.

This was my first sexual exposure and before that i had operation one year before  and after six months of operation i had elisa test which was negative. so this is my only exposure and with lowest probability of oral sex and minimal exposure for three seconds i believe i got it. I am not going by symptoms and here sir i just have mentioned tests and results.

Here in your forum you have other forums for infected people also and they all have inverted cd4 ratio, its not lie. It is hardest time of my life also. I used double condoms and 1000% intact , i had exposure on 5 july and i remember everything without fail but what can i say now. In my country stigma is such a high that there is no future left. Here doctors are mostly not updated at all except metro cities and no knowledge of genotype , phenotype test and medicines are given directly.

Please one more favor i am asking what exactly is average life span with this disease if someone start medicines at 32. There are people who are long time survivor but still mostly are living 15 years and in western countries it may be higher but the information that is being given about normal life span sound totally mysterious and vague. There are very few medicines and combinations available and expensive. Again little mistake and resistance and only fewer options are left and there is no third generation fully developed but again thankful for people who are devoting their time for research and very very thankful for all of you people who are really very good and encouraging and giving hope to people.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 01:39:28 am »
Hey I'll bite.

If a person is recently infected and starts meds at age 32 - barring other events - they should live to be about 120, at the current rate of aging.

And they will likely never develop advanced HIV disease (AIDS) and will only have to worry about budgeting for a pill a day and doctors appoinrments twice to three times a year. Well, until the pills that are taken once a week, or treatments that come along once a month are released. Oh, and until the functional cure.

In other words, you had no risk, and HIV is no longer the boogeyman.

You will have to find your Divine Punishment somewhere else. Sorry. We've pretty much taken care of this one.

*modified to add:

Also please stop using double condoms. Latex on latex will create friction that can and wil make them both break. One condom is more than sufficient. You do not have HIV.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 01:52:44 am by jkinatl2 »
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 01:40:18 am »
Using two condoms is a HUGE NO NO . You condoms actually fail at much higher rate if you use more than one at a time , they are designed to be used that way .

If you continue to use double condoms you are eventually going to be back here posting about a broken condom incident and having to worry another 3 months for an HIV test .

If you cant accept that you didn't have a risk there isn't much more we can say to change your mind . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.