Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 10:00:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AMG London Hotel (Please read and let us know your interests)!  (Read 11175 times)

Offline AMG Coordinator

AMG London Hotel (Please read and let us know your interests)!
« on: November 26, 2009, 11:03:33 am »
Moving forward with the plans for AMG London 2010, the planning committee met yesterday to discuss hotel options. 

Before we begin approaching hotels to negotiate, it would be helpful if we had an indication from members as to whether they will be able to attend the event.

We've done some research on hotels and would expect to find accomodation for circa £60 - £100 per night, depending on location, quality and the number of attendees requiring rooms.  This equates to approximately $99 to $166 per night.

If you intend on attending London AMG and are traveling from Europe and beyond, please let us know if you require a hotel toom during your stay.

London Coordinating Committee

Offline Jody

Re: AMG London Hotel (Please read and let us know your interests)!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 12:33:21 pm »
Hi...I've been busy lately and haven't participated in this years AMG as I wasn't sure I could go but I am going to give it a shot.  A hotel close enough to walk to many places and near transportation is great for me.  If the flights are within reason and family stays well enough it's a good chance... I am very psyched about getting to London and seeing our friends across the pond !

Jody  :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 01:27:06 pm »
Hi there

I't good to see this up and running now...unfortunately the AMG is out for me next year, May is not a good month for me..also the exchange rates makes it extremely expensive for me...(NZ$150.00..NZ$228.00) per night for the hotel....but I know you will all have a great time together.

2011 will be my year for taking a trip home.

Hugs
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 02:56:38 pm »
I will not be able to attend the London gathering due to prior commitments in May.  I intend to attend the Las Vegas gathering in August.  I hope a lot of our regulars will be able to get over to London.

Gary
Diagnosed Oct. 2005
10/05:  367 (26.2%), 24556 VL
01/06:  344 (24.6%), 86299 VL
04/06:  374 (22.0%), 87657 VL
05/06:  Began HAART 05/15/06, Combivir/Kaletra
07/06:  361 (27.8%), 1299 VL
10/06:  454 (32.4%), 55 VL
01/07:  499 (38.4%), UD
02/07:  Switched to Atripla 2/8/07
04/07:  566 (37.7%), UD
08/07:  761 (42.3%), UD
06/08:  659 (47.1%), UD
01/09:  613 (43.8%), UD
07/09:  616 (47.4%), UD
01/10:  530 (44.2%), UD
07/10:  636 (48.9%), UD
01/11:  627 (48.2%), UD
07/11:  840 (52.5%), UD
01/12:  920 (51.1%), UD
07/12:  857 (50.4%), 40
10/12:  UD
01/13:  710 (47.3%), UD
07/13:  886 (49.2%), UD
01/14:  985 (46.9%), UD
06/14:  823 (47.2%), UD
01/15: 1366 (45.2%), UD
07/15: 1134 (50.7%), UD
02/16: 1043 (55.1%), UD
08/16:  746  (55.4%), UD
08/16:  Switch from Atripla to Genvoya

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 05:33:46 am »
Hubby, the Wee One, and I won't be able to attend.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 10:55:58 am »
It's been a few years since I spent some time in London, so this will be a great opportunity. Please count me in for the hotel.
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 11:11:49 am »
I just realised I haven't responded here.... I'll be attending, bar some unforeseen problem, financial or otherwise. My bf might also attend, but he's not sure yet. It will depend on what his work commitments look like as May can be a busy time of the year for him, although things should be under control by late May. (May is the change-over between scallop and queenie season, and he supplies the local fishing fleet with all their gear etc.)

The lower the hotel price for me, the better. I live on a shoe-string budget. I've been saving £2 coins and it's adding up fast, but I'd rather spend money on activities than a hotel room, where I'd mainly be to sleep. As long as it's got a clean bathroom and sheets, I'm not bothered.

Cheap and cheerful, that's my motto! :)

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 06:26:18 am »

Cheap and cheerful, that's my motto! :)

Ann

Oh, the remarks this conjures up ::)
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 09:51:24 am »
Oh, the remarks this conjures up ::)

Now now, behave! :D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Lakis

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 06:09:24 pm »
I will attend London AMG. Will need hotel room too....

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 06:49:47 pm »
I am still hoping to attend (not positive yet, though) -- I will need a hotel.

Mike

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 08:37:09 pm »
oooo what a surprise....I just find ths threat....

I will be there, if nothing serious happens... I hope WE will be there. I would love for S to meet some of you ..

xx hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline Jody

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 02:41:15 pm »
I have made my reservations to arrive in London at 11:35 AM on Thursday, 5/20 and will remain in London until 5/25/10.  I will room with Herman at a B&B called 69TheGrove at 69 Vauxhall Grrove in London SW8 1TA.

Hope to see my old and new British friends and have a great stay!!!

Jody  :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 06:41:24 am »
I'm so glad ypu guys are getting together in london, it's just the wrong time of year for me, I will be in the UK in August.

I hope you all realise just how lucky you are, you will all get to spend time with a wonderful man who goes by the name of Jody..I even named my baby goat after him, he has a heart the size of Australia...I know you will love him as much as I do, and if I don't catch up with him this year I'm going to miss him so much...it will be the first time in 5 years we have not been together at an AMG.

Look after him for me and have a wonderful time..and someone give Cliff a big hug for me.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.