Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:59:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 169
Total: 170

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Happy gay pride day  (Read 6620 times)

Offline buginme2

Happy gay pride day
« on: June 30, 2013, 01:32:35 pm »
Today is gay pride day here and in much of the country.  Thought I would give a shout out to gays.  Hay

There is a lot to celebrate this year!  Have fun.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline mitch777

Re: Happy gay pride day
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 01:42:02 pm »
Happy Gay Pride Day!

33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 04:18:47 pm »

:) :) 8) 8)
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 05:13:34 pm »
Ours was 2 weeks ago.  Happy Pride.  I was watching news reports from New York.  Unless I missed a huge segment, it didn't seem much bigger than ours.  I mean, the number of floats.  But, that can't be.

Offline OneTampa

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 08:16:09 pm »
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:19:33 pm by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline OneTampa

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 12:41:20 pm »

Offline mitch777

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 01:34:44 pm »
Cute ^this^. I didn't need to be tied up at his age to play with makeup. ;D
(maybe a few years later, but that's another story. ???.)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 02:09:59 pm »

I've tried 3 times to post something, with links and videos of St. Pete Gay pride, and I get the "forbidden " Message, each time . Bummer !

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline OneTampa

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 05:23:20 pm »
I've tried 3 times to post something, with links and videos of St. Pete Gay pride, and I get the "forbidden " Message, each time . Bummer !

Ray

The Youtube video copy link returned a "Forbidden" message.  Was able to post the StPetePride web site link though.

Link:

http://www.stpetepride.com/

:) :D

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:29:11 pm by OneTampa »

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 12:53:16 am »
We did have an arrest. A man fired a BB gun into a spectator : See if I can get this to work..

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/police-man-shot-spectator-at-st-pete-pride-with-bb-gun/2129315

Police: Man shot spectator at St. Pete Pride with BB gun

ST. PETERSBURG — After shouting gay slurs, authorities say, a man shot a spectator on his way to Saturday's St. Pete Pride parade in the leg with a BB gun in what organizers describe as the first violent incident in the event's 11-year history.

Police arrested Cornelius Davis, 20, of St. Petersburg on a charge of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. The shooting happened at 9:25 a.m., after festivities had started but about a half an hour before the parade got under way.

Davis was being held Sunday night at the Pinellas County Jail on a $100,000 bail.
Related News/Archive

St. Petersburg police recommended in an incident report that the charge be enhanced and that Davis be held on a high bail. Police spokesmen did not return a call Sunday evening requesting more details.

The male victim, whose name was not released, wasn't taken to the hospital and his injuries were minor, said Eric Skains, the executive director of St. Pete Pride.

Skains found out about the incident while reviewing incident reports compiled by parade organizers at the end of the day.

He said the shooting didn't dampen spirits among the estimated 125,000 people who attended the state's largest gay pride event.

"No one even really noticed," Skains said.

According to a police report, Davis yelled a derogatory term for gay people at the man and a group of friends who were walking to the parade. He yelled that they should "put some clothes on" and that "this is a disgrace, there are kids around here," according to the report.

The report stated that Davis "displayed his hatred towards homosexual people."

He then fired the compressed-gas-powered BB gun, police said.

The quick arrest showed that the parade has done a "pretty good job having enough police and medical teams" available to respond quickly, Skains said.

State records show that Davis had been arrested in Florida on a felony marijuana charge of more than 20 grams in February. The charge was dropped, records show.

Short video:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/video.html?clip=http://static.baynews9.com/newsvideo/bn9/web_video/ST_Pete_Pride_629.f4v&vtitle=Showers%20don%27t%20dampen%20St.%20Pete%20Pride%20celebration

ST. PETERSBURG --

Thousands of people flocked to the ninth annual St. Pete Pride festival Saturday.

Festivities in the Historic Kenwood/Grand Central neighborhoods started with the Promenade down Central Avenue.

Folks danced as music filled the streets.

Fans said this chance to gather, have fun and show pride means a great deal to many different types of groups.

"They are very important, you know, to get the community and everybody involved. I mean this is a really big bash and I think it's good for the community also," said Lyndon Floyd.

"I think it's important for the entire community, just so they know what the gay community's about. They have these preconceptions and these notions of what gay people are like and who they are and you just don't know who's gay and who's not and it doesn't make a difference," said vendor Valerie Norris.

To accommodate the parade and street festival, police will close Central Ave. between 21st St. and 28th St. until 7 p.m.

Fans cooled off with misters and two food courts with tables and umbrellas.

This year's events also featured more than 100 floats and a kid zone.

In recent years, Pride has gathered 80,000 spectators.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 12:58:05 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 01:52:04 am »
This year was only the third time I went to Pride.  We watched the parade, where they throw candy, beads, and condoms at us.  At the end, the spectators join behind and we all walk several blocks to the riverfront.  We did encounter some Bible-thumpers along the route, who used signs and a megaphone to tell us we are all going to hell. 

They have live music groups performing, vendors, beer and wine, and food.  There is the HIV testing van. 

Every dog (real canine) came up to me.  I guess I attract dogs.  This one was afraid to cross the water to his owner. 

On the way out, the Bible-thumpers had moved to the entrance to once again reinforce our sin.  It was unfortunate the HIV testing van was located across from them.  Some may have decided not to test with them right there.  They were shouted down by all the gays.  I kept wondering whether everyone should just ignore them, but it was good they couldn't be heard, even on their megaphone. 

These were all the beads I collected.  I had to ditch several, as they were weighing me down.  Laid only once.

Offline Calison

• Struggling for 30 + years Ready for Next Big Leap!
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 09:36:18 pm »
In the first weekend of November Palm Springs California holds It's Annual Pride Festival and Parade. :o
The Weather is more cooperative then here.
Last Saturday, June 29, 2013 the temperature was 122 degrees. 8)

November is more suitable in this region, so Mark Your Calendars and come visit Palm Springs Ca for Pride in the Fall.
Happy Celebrations where ever and whenever you choose.
 In 2013 we have a great deal to be Happy About and Celebrate, I do declare! :-*
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. ~ Oscar Wilde

Offline OneTampa

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 10:30:26 pm »
Did y'all hear that there is gonna be a first annual (according to the announcement) Ex-Gay Pride Month celebration in Washington DC on July 31?

Link:

http://www.voiceofthevoiceless.info/first-annual-ex-gay-pride-month-celebration-on-july-31/
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:34:34 pm by OneTampa »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 11:52:27 pm »
I thought that they wouldn't let ex gays congregate together so as to keep the hot steamy ex gay sex from happening .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.