Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

Did you have any other health issues added onto hiv

(1/1)

c430:
Just wondering if over time hiv causes any other health issues. I know that some people have had  liver and kidney problems due to the medicines. 

leatherman:

--- Quote from: c430 on January 22, 2021, 09:09:47 am ---I know that some people have had  liver and kidney problems due to the medicines.

--- End quote ---
if you check the studies about meds (the info is in the medication paperwork or available online) you'll see that meds have to have a low percentage of people experiencing side effects to even get approved. Most people living with HIV and taking meds will never have liver or kidney issues. Unless your doctor has suggested that you might be more susceptible to having those kinds of issues (which are easily identified by regular labwork) you really don't need to worry. ;)

virgo313:
Hello C430,

I too think about this, but I have accept the fact med is the only present to way for poz people. I did blood test last month & Dr saya kidney is normal. So, now it just to go on with my normal. Weather is has any effect or not, I do not want to worry. I know nothing stays at the same conditions & as we ages issue will come. Until then, I will continue meds & enjoy seeing my family.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version