Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:11:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 373
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 355
Total: 355

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What are your best or worst Atripla dreams?  (Read 4499 times)

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
What are your best or worst Atripla dreams?
« on: September 16, 2007, 04:29:23 pm »
I had a dream last night that went like this:  I was driving in a car with my father and wow was he driving fast.  It was like flying in the Bat Mobile with super Bat turns.  Well, in any case, we finally got to where he was headed.  I got out of the car and notice a store front with stuff I could not identify.  Then I took a good look at my father.  I could not make out his face, but I had a good look at his hand.  His thumb was bitten off and the rest of his hand was rotten.  I freaked out and just before waking up, I remembered Dad was dead for over eleven years now.  Wow. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline dufusmaximus

Re: What are your best or worst Atripla dreams?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 04:55:11 pm »
None of mine have been bad, but just strange.  I have not remembered most of my dreams for years, then started Atripla 2 months ago and BAM! Wicked dreams.  The best one so far was kinda sad, I was living in a big house, I was having a party, all my friends - from all the years of my life, were all there.  I was in this big kitchen with a lot of them, making food and laughing.  It was SO weird, my current life is 100% opposite of my dream.   So weird, it was so real. I expected to wake up in my old big bed in Denver, but I woke up in my little room in San Francisco.  I've been missing my old life and I have been emailing old friends from high school and college, so I guess the Atripla just played on those bits of brain I have left.
'
Some of the other dreams I've had were also kind of like mash-up memories.  I've done acid and shrooms, waaaaay back when, and there is a kind of feeling like you are tripping.  Anyway, for good or bad, I am having dreams now.  Hope any of you who are dreaming are having good ones.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 05:04:12 pm »
Not mine but my ex's.

He started, and 3 days later, grumpy, rash, like measles..went..

then, oh, like shit! can't see! falling down stairs, everything out of focus, colours flashing etc...

Turned out he had his contact lenses in the wrong eyes...  Not strictly a dream I guess. I do remember those, the ones about demons coming to eat you in the night, and the sudden wakings....

The good ones seemed to involved owning a big house n sex with really hot boys, but I wasn't in those (or being eaten)

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 05:13:04 pm »
I'm not on Atripla; but did take Sustiva for nearly a year.

I gave up Sustiva when I fell down the stairs one morning and got pretty banged up (thanks to the "foggy" effect). Unfortunately the other side effect was to make my nightmares (which I frequently have for some reason) much worse. I actually woke up screaming several times while on this med - scaring me and my doggies. Most of these new nightmares involved zombies chasing me after having infected the rest of the town. Obviously my subliminal mind was still very worried about the high viral load I was dealing with at that time.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline dufusmaximus

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 05:28:36 pm »
Not trying to steal the dream theme, but can you guys explain the 'foggy' issue?  I am seriously worried, can't tell if my memory and thinking process is being messed up because of age, HIV, paxil, depression or some combo of all the above? Has anyone taken HIV meds that DO NOT mess with their minds? Or is it just how it is with HIV treatments?

And how 'foggy' do you guys get?  I am MUST go to bed right after taking Atripla, there is NO WAY I can do anything after taking the drug - I stumble around like I'm drunk, must just lie down and go to bed.

During the day, I can retain very little detail and must write everything down.  I used to have very good memory and able to think quick on my feet -- no more.  I must re-read everything and I'm always second guessing, third guessing my work. 

Did any of your fogginess get better, worse?  Did anything, medicine, food, vitamins, help with the fogginess?

Or is all of this a very bad dream?  And if it IS a dream, where are my sweaty Brazilian soccer players?  :P

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 07:00:33 pm »
I've only had one weird dream and that was on Day 1 of taking Atripla. Some Aussie dude was trying to kill me and Lucifer (my cat). He wanted Lucifer's fur for something. I woke myself out of the dream, went to the loo and when I returned to be it picked up where I left off.

I haven't had any brain fog yet but since I am still new to taking it, that may come later or hopefully not at all.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 10:32:30 pm »
Not trying to steal the dream theme, but can you guys explain the 'foggy' issue?  I am seriously worried, can't tell if my memory and thinking process is being messed up because of age, HIV, paxil, depression or some combo of all the above? Has anyone taken HIV meds that DO NOT mess with their minds? Or is it just how it is with HIV treatments?

Probably, using myself as a guide, I'd say yes to all of the above.  ;) I first got in a depression/grief fog after my ex passed away. (and that's why he's my ex ;) ).  No one had ever warned me how much grief and emotions could so totally rule my life. I've very glad that time is in the past. Then I had fog as a side effect of the Sustiva (a component of Atripla).

And how 'foggy' do you guys get?  I am MUST go to bed right after taking Atripla, there is NO WAY I can do anything after taking the drug - I stumble around like I'm drunk, must just lie down and go to bed.

I was just like that; but the bad thing was that many mornings I woke up the same way. Sometimes it would wear off as I showered and got dressed for the day, and sometimes it lasted the whole day. This factored into my decision to quit working, oh, and to quit driving - as I was afraid of accidentally killing myself driving in a daze. When I just stayed home though it wasn't too bad, as it was just like being drunk without having to spend my money on liquor.  ;) ;D

Did any of your fogginess get better, worse?  Did anything, medicine, food, vitamins, help with the fogginess?
I had great numbers from the lab throughtout the nine months I took the med; and my doc told me again and again to just hang on a little while longer and the effects would eventually fade out. But as I stated, nine months later when I tumbled down the stairs, I realized that medicine was just too dangerous for me to safely take. It may have kept the VL down but it was going to get me killed accidentally.

Now, just take my story in stride. ;) Most people seem to take a bit of time to adjust to the med, and then things are fine again. But it doesn't work out all of the time. See what's happens after a few more weeks. Until then, take some extra caution when you're in a fog, be safe and enjoy.  ;D

Or is all of this a very bad dream?  And if it IS a dream, where are my sweaty Brazilian soccer players?  :P
now that I got rid of the Sustiva nightmares, those boys are over here in my dreams. LOL
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 11:59:25 pm »

During the day, I can retain very little detail and must write everything down.  I used to have very good memory and able to think quick on my feet -- no more.  I must re-read everything and I'm always second guessing, third guessing my work. 

I have had the same thing but it has gotten better now. It took months... about three.   I try to take it around 7pm and get a good night sleep, but I also try to listen to music which somehow make me have better dreams, rather than listening to television which controls my dreams.  i also must be careful of what I saw the night before for I may dream of it that night. 

ps.  if you want have the television on soccer games and you may wake up dreaming of soccer players...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline Mike2008

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 08:48:11 pm »
I started taking Atripla on the 17th of August, and have a little dizziness in the first few hours but I feel nothing at all when I wake up the next day.  I do feel a little drained once in a whole, but that could be because I have been working out 5 days a week after not working out much at all the past 3 months.  I have yet to get a rash and my dreams are the same as always. ???

I haven't had any lab work done to see what it is doing to the HIV Dr wants to wait 6 weeks.

Mike
4-27-07  cd4 490  vl 1857
6-28-07  cd4 418  vl 993
started Atripla 9-17-07
10-9-07  cd4 502  vl,<75
1-15-08   cd4 473 vl< 75
blood platlets 31-26-79-20 -0-63-109

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.