Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:19:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773209
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 562
Total: 563

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: massage machine  (Read 4088 times)

Offline kams

massage machine
« on: October 02, 2008, 07:23:40 am »
Dear Experts .

I saw a small massage machine at my friend house , and I use it , but this machine have a sharp edge “ bad design,Chinese made “ on the middle so I cut my arm , it was a long cut around 2 inch , not deep at all , it s like a paper cut  ,little  bleeding on the top and bottom  bounds and red , so I said to my friend oops I cut my arms and he replied that he cut also his leg minutes before my visit and show me the cut , it was like mine but bleeding so good.

Knowing that my friend is sexually active with sex workers , did I had any risk of HIV ? do I need any test and if yes , when ?

Thank You and wish you the best , you are doing a great work .

Kam

Offline RapidRod

Re: massage machine
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 07:35:24 am »
No you don't need to test and no you did not have a risk. Take the time to read the lessons on transmission. You can find the link in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline kams

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 07:44:26 am »
Thank You for your prompt reply , I really appreciate that , can I ask Mr Andy Or Ann to send me a reply explaining why I m not at risk.
I did read lessons , and what pushed me to send my question that you are talking about HIV transfer through sharp instruments and I think this massage machine must be considered as sharp thing .

Kam

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 09:59:45 am »
HIV is a fragile virus. It does not survive in a viable manner on environmental surfaces such as you have described, even IF there had been exposure of the machine to someone who is HIV+.

You are worrying needlessly. The risks sexually for HIV transmission are quite simple: unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. And they are easily avoided by always using a condom for those activities.

You have no cause for concern about your recent experience with the machine. 
Andy Velez

Offline kams

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 10:09:05 am »
dear Mr Andy

My concern is not the machine used by an HIV+ person , my concern was the blood on the machine due to my friend leg cut few minutes before my cut "little little bleeding".

I have a friend with HIV+ and we are so close and i m  well educated about HIV transmission , but it s my first time that i really care because of the blood

Kam

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 10:27:58 am »
It was not a risk. Period. Dried blood on the machine or even fresh blood would not have been a risk.
Andy Velez

Offline kams

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 11:50:02 am »
and what about this sharp instruments in your lesson ??

Offline kams

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 02:16:11 pm »
it s from your website :

Transmission in health care settings. Healthcare professionals have been infected with HIV in the workplace, usually after being stuck with needles or sharp objects containing HIV-infected blood. As for HIV-positive healthcare providers infecting their patients

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 02:45:25 pm »
kams,

CONTAINING blood means the blood was INSIDE something, not on the surface.

You know, there are two other members currently on time outs for posting very similar concerns about blood in the environment - and funny enough, they post from the same ISP as you do, in a country we rarely get traffic from. I strongly suspect all three accounts are the same person, so don't push my patience. If I have to ban the whole ISP you're posting from to get you to lay off, I will.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline kams

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 03:18:10 pm »
Dear Ann

Ok to be so frank , yes I m the same person , and I m really sorry to do that but actually I have my reasons !!

sorry
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 03:36:42 pm by kams »

Offline kams

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 03:39:35 pm »
Dear Ann

i m asking you please if possible to delete all the 3 posts !!?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 04:04:30 pm »
Kams,

When I say "Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you'll avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple." does it look to you like I'm saying you can also get it from blades etc? No. It means is that as long as you use condoms for sexual intercourse, you'll be ok where hiv is concerned.

Nothing you've brought to us in any of your accounts have been risks for hiv infection, as you have been repeatedly told.

Now I'm banning you permanently for contravening our posting guidelines when specifically asked not to when being given time outs.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.