Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:14:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773223
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 619
Total: 621

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Very happy with the Pharmacy service of my hospital.  (Read 4153 times)

Offline blondbeauty

Very happy with the Pharmacy service of my hospital.
« on: August 02, 2006, 04:21:02 am »
I just arrived from my blood extraction at the hospital. My next appointment with the Dr. is the 14th of August and I might be starting meds.
Before leaving the hospital I went to visit the pharmacy service and asked severall questions to the pharmacist.
I can only get meds supply for one month each time, unless I am going on holidays. In that case they can give me up to two or three months supply. But the best of all is they can send them home. I have to pay for the delivery but I wont have to go to the hospital once a month if I dont want to.
I am so happy. The pharmacist even called me sweetheart...
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline Grasshopper

Re: Very happy with the Pharmacy service of my hospital.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 06:11:50 am »
Most pharmacies here have free delivery service. As a matter of fact you can have your prescriptions  faxed to the pharmacy (avoiding the hassle of going to the pharmacy,taking a number and stand in line and return the next day...taking a number and stand in line again to pick up the meds, since retrovirals are not kept in stock).
And depending on the pharmacy you can also refill your prescriptions online.
To avoid wasting you get only a month supply when you start something new, thereafter the prescriptions are for usualy 3/4 months.

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 10:10:05 am »
Here Hospitals´ pharmacies are usually very restrictive. But it depends on each hospital. It would be much better if antiretrovirals could be picked up in the pharmacy down the corner... But thats not the case. Fortunately antirretrovirals are always in stock in all public hospitals and you can get one day doses at the emergency rooms in case you forget to collect them before 15.00 (when they close).
Qeues??? I was the only one at the hospitals pharmacy. It was like visiting a prisioner in jail: the parmacist was behind a some steel bars...
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 10:17:44 am »
There are alot of legitimate gripes about how some folks are treated at Pharmacies, so I always like to hear about the Good Ones.  My local Health dept. pharmacy is top notch, its not unusual to be in and out in time to hear the end of the song on the radio that was playing when I parked.
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 12:14:58 pm »
Fortune cookies are smart... ::)

Offline cubbybear

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 07:09:42 pm »
Hey Juan.

I get my meds at the hospital pharmacy too, and the same rules of the one month supply at a time apply, though it's easy to wrangle extras when you tell you're ID Doc you lost your meds, and need a new prescription ;) so I have an emergency supply now.  I prefer getting my meds from the hospital, more so than the sexual health clinic where I can also get them.  At least at the hospital pharmacy no one knows what my meds are for, where as the sexual health clinic, walking out with a bag of meds might make some people think of the limited possibilities.

Go the hospital pharmacies!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 08:16:04 pm »
Juan, you ought to consider writing a letter to the pharmacy supervisor, commending the staff. So many people get complaints when things go badly, but so few people take the time to write when things work well.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.