Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:26:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 661
Total: 661

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Help with my General Lab results...  (Read 3157 times)

Offline blondbeauty

Help with my General Lab results...
« on: January 11, 2007, 11:12:48 am »
Today I received the results of the medical examination I had to pass last December at my workplace. They are good but 4 values have a (*). " of them are for low cholesterol but the other 2 seem more serious: Medium Patelet Volume (low) and Medium (corpuscular???) Hemoglobin Concentration (high).
What do you think?
I enclose a picture of the results:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 11:23:45 am by blondbeauty »
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
Re: Help with my General Lab results...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 11:53:54 am »
Blood wise, the platelet figs are ok. The MPV value shows the average size of your platelets, and yours are edging towards the small side, but not really out of range (my ref test has a slightly lower figure than yours of 7).  The number of platelets is good.  

The MCHC value shows the average amount of haemoglobin in each blood cell (again within the normal ref range on my test of 36%). 

Cholesterol figs seem fine enough.

- matt
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 11:55:35 am by newt »
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 12:14:42 pm »
I wouldn't spend any time worrying about these results that are outside your lab's normal range.  Newt explained what these tests are and I can't improve on those.  I worked in a Hematology lab for 6 years and I can tell you that the MPV is a notoriously fickled measurement.  You are just outside the range on both the MPV and MCHC.  A lab's normal ranges should be based on that lab's population, but often is not -- they often use "standard" ranges.  I don't know if you smoke, but smokers often have slightly (and sometimes not so slightly) elevated MCHC results.

So, I agree with Newt -- your lab results look pretty good to me.

mike

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 12:31:34 pm »
Thank you Matt and Mike! Sexy new picture Matt!
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.

Offline bocker3

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 01:33:21 pm »
What??  You don't find me or the Coliseum sexy??   ;) ;D

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 02:01:54 pm »
Of course you are sexy Mike, but your picture is not new... :-* :-* :-*
You should have a profile on www.bearwww.com so I could see you...naked if possible.

Offline bocker3

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 07:33:55 pm »
Well, I have to say -- it's been a long time since I've been requested to display a naked photo of me --- you little devil   ;D  ;D  ;D   ;D

Too bad I didn't find this site earlier -- I was in Barcelona in May!   :-*

I'll see what I can do about a "new" picture -- of course, the hubby will have to screen it first.   ;)

Mike

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.