Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:44:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 354
Total: 355

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Any women out there who have had a baby or are pregnant?  (Read 81302 times)

Offline zachysmom

Any women out there who have had a baby or are pregnant?
« on: July 02, 2007, 10:34:47 am »
Hi there,
First off, let me say  I am so glad there is this forum, because when I was first diagnosed back in 1995, let's say it was a man's world in HIV.
I have since found a great man to settle down with, and 2 1/2 years ago had a baby. Who I am very proud to say is healthy, vibrant,energetic,and now as a toddler driving me crazy. He has also been declared negative, thanks to the wonderful meds available now.
I just wanted to put the word out on this forum, that if anyone is considering having a baby, feel free to ask me any questions, since I've been there done that kind of thing.
Good luck to all you.
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline camille07

Re: Any women out there who have had a baby or are pregnant?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 12:30:31 pm »
I have been thinking about it a lot recently.  Is your partner negative or positive?

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 02:05:28 pm »
I am glad your're thinking about it. My partner is positive as well, so it wasn't as complicated getting pregnant as it would be if your partner is negative. However a good friend of mine is positive and her husband isn't, and is in the process of getting pregnant, she has to go through a fertility clinic and program. I will post more info when I hear from her to let you know what the process is all about. But with me it wasn't a problem, and the pregnancy wasn't so bad, though it did take a toll on my body, which I feel still to this day. Once I had the baby I stopped taking the meds and my numbers just shot up, but I'm back on meds ( Truvada, Viracept) and have been doing well ( undectable and last time I had labs done 4 months ago, tcell 699) so knock on wood.
The thing is you can have a baby, and be fine, and your baby can be negative. Talk with your doctor or Ob=gyn about what you need to do to get started.
Post back let me know how you are.
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline momoftwo

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 07:27:03 pm »
I just had a baby four weeks ago. We see her ID dr tomorrow to find out the results of her test although they have all stated that she should be negative. I am positive but my partner is negative. We actually have friends at the momment that are in the same situation and got pregnant on their own and he is still negative but they were very careful to only have the condom off when he was ejaculating.
I am still taking my meds and do not think that I will go off them as I like seeing that I am undetectable with a cd4 count in the 800's and want to try to keep it that way.

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 10:18:43 am »
Congradulations on having a baby just 4 weeks ago. Ah I remember that wonderful time, anxiety, sleeplessness, and overwhelming joy.
I am sure the baby is negative as well, but this is just the beginning of the tests. There should be 2 or 3 more tests done for the RNA of the virus, to declare the baby negative and then a antibody test at around 12-18 months, that just tests for the remaining mothers antibody. Are you administering AZT to the baby?
By the way is it a boy or girl?
I am so excited for you, this must be a wonderful time. Congrats again.
let me know what's going on.
Nicole :o
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline Fky

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 08:25:49 pm »
I have an 11 yr old (I had  been poz 4 years b4 I got pregnant) My son is negative :} I thank God for that. I was on AZT during my pregnancy, and had an AZT drip during delivery. It was the only med available for us back then. They truly are a blessing, I do believe he saved my life :}
Where am I and why am I in this handbasket?!

tendai

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 09:58:26 am »
this is so encouraging u know.  i do think about having a baby when i see my sisters with their babies and i wish i had mine. but this hiv thing obivously is an obstacle.  in fact i got tested because i wanted to have a baby whether it meant being a single mom or what.  i had even started saving money to look after the baby and all and was about to find a potential father. then i got the news. 

anyway as i was saying its encouraging knowing that i may be able to have a baby if or when i find the right person to get pregnant by. but its so complicated.. the relationship part of it, i'm REALLY REALLY bad at relationships.  anyway congrats to all the mothers and i wish you all the best!!

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 10:42:43 am »
Good for you in saving up for it, it's more than I did. One day it will be a reality for you as well, maybe a relationship isn't needed? If you can afford on your own, why not? You have us women here to support you. That you can count on.
 Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline momoftwo

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 04:00:13 pm »
Her name is Eden and she is giving us a run for our money! She had her second test yesterday and so far she is showing undetectable. We are administering the AZT to her though that is difficult keeping a schedule with her sleep patterns at the momment.
FKy I believe she saved my life also because I would have never thought to get a HIV test until it was probably too late!

Offline Seven

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 01:18:52 am »
Wow, congrats to all the mommy's on here. I do hope to have a healthy neg child one day as well.
I am poz, my partner is neg. We are still not married as of yet, but that still hasnt stopped my mom asking to me to have a baby now. I am 33 1/2 and not marrried yet, but been with my parter for years so I know where she is coming from. I am much healthier then I was almost 2 1/2 years ago and my cd4 keeps on going up. My mom just really wants to be a grandma BAD! I want one too I guess. My whole issue right now is my weight. I mean I hate what the meds did to my self esteem, isnt being pregnant going to make me feel worse? I mean yes, I will get bigger right? The good thing about being pregnant, is that you are pregnant! LOL yuor supposed to get bigger...but what if your not happy with what you look like now? Did any have post partum depression? I have depression and I sometimes I am afraid to have a baby cause of the depression part.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, does anyone understand where I am coming from? Plus my partner would prolly want to get married first but who knows when that is going to happen. I dont want to be a mother at 40

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 10:01:43 am »
It's all good in all aspects. Don't have a baby because you feel pressure to have one from your mother. She is the typical mother though. But for what's it's worth, My mother had me when  she was 38, so no worries about age.
I do think you should talk with your partner about marriage and/or a baby. I think marriagae might be  alittle more palettable at first.
 As far as depression, well I had alittle bit of it, it was more anxiety about the whole thing, " I am a mother now, and I'm positive what am I going to do?" kindof thing My body did take a beating as a result of the pregnancy and c-section, it's just something i'm still working out and on. But it works out, just because you are positve doesn't mean you have to live your life in a box, or how you think society wants you to live. You are intitled to a happy life, and if that envolves a baby, well go for it.
We women have been through enough as is, and the HIV has made it that more complicated.
Talk with your doctor about your options. go from there.
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline panda

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 03:37:25 pm »
hI , I was pregnent 2 month ago and had a natural abortion on week9, Now I am trying again.. I am positive and my husband is negative.
Is there a high risk for an abortion for hiv positive?
Also , I am taking viread+kaletra and videx and I read the ddi is not so recomended... my dr. never mentioned it can cause any dammage... do u happen to have any idea?

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 09:37:54 pm »
Hello,
I don't think an abortion is harmful to you, by way of being positive. I had one done when I was 19, because of a bad relationship. I am not against abortion, but it should not be used as a form of birth control, as well as having to many can be harmful to your health.
As far as the meds, you should talk with your doctor, about considering seriously having a baby. I'm not sure what cateragory those meds are in, if they are safe to take or not. I was on Viracept and was assured there would be not ill sideeffects to my baby, during pregnancy and after.

You should also talk with your GYNO as well as your ID doc, and have them in communication at all times during your pregancy, it is very important.

please let us know what your decision is and out come,
looking forward to hearing from you again,
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 07:57:07 am »
Nic,

I think she means is there a higher risk for a miscarriage when you'r poz. It's the same word for misscarriage and abortion in mine and Panda's native language. I would like to know too, and didn't find out. also considering age: is there a higher risk for miscarriage in your 30s and is it higher when you're poz?

Panda,

Regarding Viread, my doctors told me the effects on the fetus are unknown and that before trying to get pregnant I should switch the viread+epivir to combivir (= epivir+ azt). I can continue to take my viramune with the combivir. I don't know if videx is equivalent to viramune or not, and so don't know if it's safe, just know about the viread. Information about the safety in pregnancy is usually included in the borchure of the medicine as well.

Good luck with it,

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 11:11:33 pm »
Oh, sorry I was thinking about the other.
I have to say I don't know if the risk is higher due to HIV. I certainly haven't seen anything published about it, and my doc has never mentioned it as a possiblity.

I would have to say, if you exercise and eat right, and take your meds ( if you are on meds), then your reproductive system should be functioning normally, and your risks are about that of someone who is negative. Long winded sentence, but  I hope you understand what I'm saying. As far as being in your 30's, I don't think it's a real risk, until maybe you hit 35, since at that age, women do find it harder to conceive a child, but I assume it is because most women have they're biological clocks ticking at that age, and may be more concious of the hardship to conceive.
Getting pregant is actually very hard, the odds are against it naturally.... that's why babies are miracles.

Good luck, sorry again
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline HealthyMomma

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 10:08:38 pm »
Hi! I have been poz 4 years and had a healthy girl a year and half ago who is negative. I plan on having another one in a couple years.

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 10:14:05 pm »
Right arm  ;D Healthy Mamma,
Just because your Positive doesn't mean you can't have a normal life, and enjoy the best part of it, which is having a baby....
good luck
NIcole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline Blessed1974

• Time waits for no one so don't dream life live it!
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 07:37:54 pm »
Hello all  :)  I just found this forum and wanted to add my little 2cents, LOL.  I am currently 4 months pregnant with my 5th child,  (I know the count is getting high), and aside from the usual pregnancy symptoms all is well.  I have been positive for 14 years now and this will be my 4th child since being positive.  I have all girls ages 16, 13 and twins that are 9.  My last 3 are all negative.  I am definitely blessed (hence the name) !!! I have to agree with the earlier posts that life does not end just because we are living with this.  Love is not out of our reaches either.  With my 13 year old I was taking AZT and with my twins Combivir.  I will start meds for this pregnancy this week but I'm not sure what they will be yet.  I don't know if my little bit about me is of any help to anyone but I hope so and I look forward to being an active part of this forum.  ;)

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 10:15:06 pm »
Welcome Blessed,
I look forward to reading your posts, and getting advice, since I only have the one kid, you have an army.... ;D :o ;D

Kids are a blessing and you are truly blessed....
Later gator,
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline shotis

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 04:16:18 pm »
your info is always welcome Blessed. l should congratulate you on your productivity, it is encouraging especially to those youngsters who wish to have kids. l have two kids myself a 14 year old and 6 year old. l was diagnosed while pregnant with my 6yr old, my labs were quite good at the time, nevertheless they put me on AZT and Combivir on my second trimester. Did well and still doing well my son is negative and full of life, the only thing that worries me at times is that he is skinny and looks small for his age.

Offline Silence_X

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 02:16:51 pm »
I've had two children a girl and a boy since i was diagnosed in '97.  I feel blessed both are HIV negative and healthy. 

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 04:30:15 pm »
It's wonderful to read and meet all these amazing women who'd had baby, and even babies! That's really encouraging.

I'm almost 34 and I really want to have one. Just chatting to a friend who's 24 and about to have one. When I was 24 I got accidentaly pregnant and it was either the guy who got me pregnant or the unclean abortion he pushed me to have which endowed me with this virus, so it is extra symbolic for me. I want it so badly, but don't think my BF is ready at the moment. We have a lot of issues regarding our future life, as we are both foreigners where we live and settling down will take a while. We'll see. I don't want to push a baby on him, nor is it something that can happen "accidently" when you're in a magnetic relationship. I can only pray that he will want it too b/c I don't want to have a baby against his will.

On a slightly different note, Panda if you're reading I wrote you earlier that my doctors in the netherlands told me to get off Viread and switch to Combivir when i would like to concieve. But I saw another doctor privately in the UK, he is a huge expert and he told me straight out that all drugs except for PPI(?)  are in fact safe. I was very surised. he even explained to me in detail that sustiva (stokrin) is actually safe, but that the doctors want to "cover their ass" from potential lawsuits. I would still be cautious, but I do trust this guy and plan to listen to him even though he is a bit more "cutting edge" than most docs out there. Just a small update.

Take care everybody.........

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 04:37:50 pm by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline catwoman

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 05:28:07 pm »
I am so inspired by this thread, especially Blessed1974.  I'm 33 and my husband I are ready to have children.  Sprinkle the baby dust this way.   :)

Offline noahsark

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 06:50:18 pm »
hi, y'all are lucky.  I got preg. in '90 and was diagnosed 2 weeks later in the ob clinic.  They proceded to demand why I didn't disclose my status- which is how I was informed.  Then I was given a date for my abortion.  I hadn't been in church for years but I wanted to talk to a preacher.  They tested my man and he was poz too.  We never blamed eachother-we each blamed our selves-in silence.  It was such a relief when at a great suppport group, we were finally able to talk about our feelings.  We put things in God's hands and hoped we'd outlive the 6 month death sentence we were given-atleast until the birth.  I took no drugs, and my husband chose not to.  AZT was the only thing available and it made him sick.  Samantha was born poz and was neg. at `15 months.  I immediately got my tuibes tied so not to risk bringing an aids baby into the world.  My husband died in '93 and so did everyone else in our original support group; sometimes 2-3 a week.  I have 1 girl friend left  from then and we stay in touch.  I remarried 2 times.  First because docs. said I'd be gone within 2 years-so I got mmarried to my husband' s best friend so he'd take care of the kids.  Then out came the good drugs so we divorced-since I was gonna live awhile.  I remarried again and lived thru pain in the but teenagers-step and my own.  And continue to do so with my 16 year old.  But I don't regret a thing and wouldn't trade her for the world.  Don't let them grow up too fast and stay close to them because even if we beat aids-people still die other ways.  So never take tomorrow for granted and never stop the hugs-God Bless, Lisa

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 06:55:26 pm »
Hi Lisa.

What a lifestory... my eyes are teary.

Please can you clarify but what you mean with "born pos and was neg. at 15 months". You mean that the treatment worked on her? I heard that some babies are tested poz but it is not actusally true, it's a false poz, but I am not sure it's the right info.

Glad you joined us,

Offline HealthyMomma

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 07:06:50 pm »
Wow very encouraging stories here! Blessed....you amaze me! I have one negative child and want another one. Actually I would like a couple more, but was thinking one more because I didn't want to be greedy and have so many kids and risk them being poz. But you have given me so much hope! Thank you!  :D

Offline noahsark

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 10:48:22 pm »
                                         hey, samantha was a false positive.  Back then they couldn't test for the virus, only the antibodies, which she had.  At 15 months babies develop their own immune systems and shed their mom's antibodies.  That is why they encourage breast feeding if you don't have the bug.  They are usually a good thing except when you are looking for the actual virus-it fooled them; hence a false positive.  There were no drugs offered to pregos because of the danger.They didn't know enough about it.  Everyone was scared of AZT at the beginning.   The original doses prescribed were actually killing people.  It was too much on the liver. Eventually they cut back on dosing but people were still not convinced and most of the people I knew who died rather quickly had refused to take it.  Still people on it died-it just wasn't enough or it came too late.  No one knows why some people died so fast on or off AZT, It's just everyone is different.  I started after Sam was born and handled it O.K.  I prayed alot.  I also got Hep B and C.  They immunized Sam but she never shed the antibodies for Hep C-she is still poz for it.  I always hated all the attention HIV was getting when I needed info on my baby's Hep problem.  I seemed I couldn't get anywhere.  I always wondered why I never heard much about Hep since it is much easier to catch than HIV and just as potentially deadly.  They tell me my liver will go probably before an opportunistic disease can get me.  Which actually it is listed as an opportunistic disease-AIDS related.  I am not handed much hope for a transplant because of the dual diagnosis-much less the cost and my husband's insurance would never go for it.  I imagine it is a worry that is under my skin-one of many-and it eats at me.  Maybe it is causing my bi-polar/manic depression-who knows?  Whatever!  One of my favorite sayings-it always seems to fit.Interferon can put a clinical depressed person into a suicidal depression.  I don't want to do that to my family-so again I pray.  Anyway I have not been able to share with anyone in so long, it feels so good that I might can help someone as well as receive encouragement listening to y'all's good (positive) experiences and how things have changed.  Looking forward to hearing more from y'all-ask anything you want.   Sammi Is waiting to get back on my space so I'll go for tonight-Later, Lisa

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2007, 11:57:55 pm »
Hi Girls

I am not currently pregnant but wish to have a child next year.  Can anyone tell me how the meds are given to the baby.  Is it a liquid that is given to the baby?  the reason why I am asking is because my family does not know that I am positive and hope to keep it that way.  I know being a single mom, my mother would see to it that she is helping me out as much as possible after the baby is born, which I am so grateful for her help.  But in no way to I want her to find out.

Thanks Sunseeker.

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2007, 12:34:14 am »
Sun,
The medication is administered in a liquid form, which you would give your baby by mouth twice a day. I believe it needed to be refigerated as well.
It will be quite difficult to keep this a secret from your family especially your mom.
In my opion I would first work on resolving the disclosure issuse with your folks then concentrate on having a baby.

Good luck,
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline HealthyMomma

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 10:05:49 am »
Sun, I was in the exact same situation as you. I didnt realize until the end of my pregnancy that I would have to give the baby meds...and my mom was coming to stay with me for a week! You wont be able to hide it. I tried for 2 days and finally had to sit down and just talk to her. It made things 1,000 times easier having her there to help remind me of med times and help when I was having trouble administering them. The first couple weeks you are so tired and when you do manage to get a few hours asleep you will find you have to wake up anyways to give the baby the meds on time...so then you get to wake the baby up too. Not fun!!! And its not exactly like the baby will just suck them down...they taste AWFUL!!!! My word of advice to you, would be to talk to your mother before you have a baby. It will make things SOO much easier for you! Good luck girl!  :)

Offline Blessed1974

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2007, 06:25:22 am »
I'm so glad that the little piece of my story helped so many people!!!  As I said before I started meds and my doc put me right back on what I was taking prior to getting pregnant.  So far so good, I'm not getting sick or anything.  I'm taking Norvir, Truvada and Lexiva so I'm keeping my fingers crossed with that.  My doc since I was undetectable before taking those they hope that I'll go back to the same before the baby is born.  I still wasn't able to find out what I'm having because he or she wouldn't cooperate during the ultrasound, hopefully next time.

Just another little bit of info for Cat.  I don't know how serious you are about your baby making but you might want to try a supplement called EPO (evening primrose oil).  I'm as fertile as the day is long, LOL, but I know for a fact that the EPO does help as long as your cycle is regular.  If you google it you'll find out all the details.  GOOD LUCK :)

And Sun I agree with everyone else.  There's no way to give a baby those oral meds the way you need to when you first get home without anyone knowing that is staying with you  .  .  .

Offline catwoman

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 08:52:00 pm »
Thank you Blessed.  Another friend of mine was just telling me about EPO this weekend.  I'm going to get a bottle tomorrow.

Offline panda

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2007, 12:05:03 pm »
Hi all , how are you ? I was trying to recover from my "misscarriage" / natural abortion I had few month ago .. I started to takeanti deepression drugs and I beleive it heps me.. We gave another try but it didn't success so I started o doing these neesels treatment ... in a chineece clinic. I read lots of article which encourage this kind of treatment and I beleive it can really help ... So please keep your fingers crossed for me !!
About my meds, my hiv dr. said this is the only combination I can take now due to ressistance I have and hoping there will be soon some new drugs I will be able to take, before we started the fertility treatment we switched the stockrin I was taking to Viramue and it ended with me having the Steven Johnson syndrom haveing me hopsitelized in ER in a very bad condition... almos passed away so I have to thank god I stay alive!!! Girls , I want to ask you if anyone of you is suffering from THE Lipo!! I have it in all shapes and ways, skinny leggs and arms ... mot ass and accumulated fat i my belly which I had it suctioned a year ago... can u please share with me how you handle it,did any one of you try any HGH tratment? I am so frustrated and my dr. promised me we'll give it a try after I'll get pregnent and give berth, this is my only hope, still I hope pur national health service will agree to pay for it. Did any one of you experinced any good body changes during the pregnancy ?

Dragonet - I have the feeling you are Israeli ... where are you staying right now ? Can we switch email address ?

Offline SecretKeeper

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 12:00:50 am »
Just a couple of questions ...

1)  Is it possible for the father to be poz and still have mom and baby be negative - even without fertility clinics involved?  (Just thinking that maybe my husband has been poz longer than we thought.)

2)  If you become pregnant do you automatically have to start on meds even if your numbers are already good?

3)  Does your baby have to take meds after he/she is born?  And if so, for how long?  And do babies experience the side-effects that I've read about with the meds?

I thought I'd have to be done having kids but this sheds new light on the matter.  Also, I had recently read a study on POZ.com about poz women who became or were pregnant while poz had lived longer (or something to that effect - I'd have to read the article again to be specific).

...Now if I can only get my hubby to agree  ;)

Offline Blessed1974

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2007, 06:37:43 pm »
Hey SK,

I don't know the answer to number 1 because I am the postive person in my relationship.  But I can definitely answer 2 & 3.  You would need to take meds even if your numbers are okay more for the babys sake then for yours.  Also, for all of the times I've been pregnant I was always told to wait until the second trimester to start any kind of meds because during the first trimester being the most sensitive time for development you don't want the meds to interfere with that.  Lastly, yes the baby is required to take meds for the first 6 weeks and I've never seen any side effects.  Its a oral form of azt and from what I've seen the babies stomach it pretty well.

I read the article you're talking about too.  It was explaining how there has been a study that positive women who have children have a tendency to have better numbers and longer life span.  I remember thinking maybe that explains me considering all the kids I've had, LOL :)

I hope I helped with my info  .  .  .

Offline panda

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 01:06:15 pm »
Hi ,

I also ready that is better start meds only after 3 month but what if I can not stop ? My dr. said I definitely can not stop with the meds. is this dangreous ?

Offline HealthyMomma

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2007, 01:53:45 pm »
Hi. I was already on meds when I got pregnant so I continued to take them. The only was that my doc changed one of the pills because it wasn't a good choice for pregnant women. As far as I know there wasn't any danger once we switched meds.

Offline panda

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 12:16:49 pm »
Hi , Can u please tell me more on your pregnancy experience?
I takes drugs for many years, my husband is negative, we tried 4 time on a fertility clinic and got pregnant only on the 5th sime, on week 6 a pulse was seen and I was so happy but then at the gegining of week9 in a regular u.s the dr. noted there is no pule, theychecked it few times and unfortunately I had to go throu an abortion . I got into these ideas that it happens to me cause of the hiv , so when I hear on women like you it give me hope, can you please share with me your experience a little more? How was the pregnancy? how did you give birth ?what about your baby? did he had to take any meds. ? Is your partner pos or negative? did you had to go through fertility treatments? How about any special side effect? How long you tried untill you managed to get pregnanat?
Do u suffer from lipo and if you do did it effect your body somehow during pregnancy? Sorry for asking so much questions , I just try to get some idea what am I heading for ?

Offline HealthyMomma

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 04:53:18 pm »
Hi Panda! My pregnancy was awful lol but I dont think it had anything to do with the HIV. I had bad morning sickness for the first 5-6 months. I got gestational diabetes. I did get shingles...that was HIV related. Which sucks because if you are pregnant there is nothing they can do for you. My viral load was a little above undetectable so I had a c-section. I liked the idea of a c-section better anyways because they can give you drugs via I.V. for a couple hours before giving birth. I had to give the baby meds for the first 6 weeks which was pretty awful, I'm not gonna lie. We managed to get through the first six weeks though and my daughter is negative! She is one healthy lil girl! My fiance is negative also. I didn't do fertility treatments nor do I suffer from lipo, so hopefully someone else can help you out with that!

Offline Blessed1974

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 07:24:15 pm »
Hey Panda,

Also like HealthyMomma I had all 3 of my pregnancy without fertilization help.  All my girls are negative, my oldest 13 now and my twins 9.  I too had to give them all the oral for the 6 weeks but like I said they stomached it pretty well.  Luckily for me I've never had any type of morning sickness or anything like that with any of my children.  My partner is negative and I had all my children vaginally.  You may want to try a supplement called EPO (evening primrose oil) as a boost with trying to conceive.  If you google "EPO to conceive" it will tell you exactly how it used and how to take it.  I've used it as well as some of my friends and I know for a fact that it works :)  I'm pretty fertile but I used it to limit the amount of unprotected sex we had and I know for my last 2 pregnancies it only took the ovulation period during 1 month to conceive.  I don't have any personal experience with Lipo so I can't help you with that either.

Offline panda

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2007, 06:22:15 am »
Hi , thanks for sharing with me.
I have questions for you both,
I understand both of you did not go through any fertility treatments, but I don;t understand... I do not have any fertility problems and neither my husband but the only reason we are in this clinic is that we are not doing un protected sex. Yes, I am undetectable but still... Its a huge chance to take and I do not think its something I want to take, Didn't you afreid? I mean there is a chance after all your husband could have got infected, I really want to get your comment for this.

Also, About the Shingles - I have a question, I had Shingles about  4 years ago, it was one of the most horrible time of my life, it hit me on my face, all the right side of my face , But if I remember right, I think I was told that if you got it once, u can't get it again and I got it
on the WORST possibilty , I was in hospitel for long time with bladder on my face and scalp ... h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e. !!!!
Also , What most bothering me is how my body will react to the pregnanacy in the higher leves of pregnat, I mean I managed to get unfortunately only untill week 9 so there were not any changes yet but I mean cause of the lipo I was wonder if for example the pelvis area do get bigger like on every normal pregnant woman...

I will search for this EPO and I probably have questions, I also takes needles treatments, Hoping to get pregnant again very soon.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2007, 07:59:47 am »
Hi Panda,

I was going to write you in an email but this related to this topic. When you wrote me about the treatment, I was also wondering why? My doctor was very surprised when I told him that I heard that in Israel people do it in the hospital, he said here it is always at home, you have to measure your temprature every morning (in the rectum  :-\) [but now i read that it let's you know only AFTER the ovulation is finished  ???] and use some special kind of syringe to insert the sperm. When I know more, I will tell you. Maybe your doctors think that at the hospital it's more effective?

About the lipo, have you tried The Body for those questions?

When I read about your "adventures" with your health it makes me so sad and full of emotion. On one hand I feel sorry for you and on the other I admire how strong you are, esp. b/c I come from the same environment and I know how hard it is and how frustrating working through the medical system can be. If you have been through all that (also psychologically, socially) and have come to where you are now, and even kept working all these years, and all this in Israel where there are like 24 of us poz nondrug using women, that's just incredible.

Fingers crossed from here...   :-*  email coming soon when I emerge from under a mountain of work.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:37:23 am by Dragonette »

Offline panda

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2007, 11:02:14 am »
Hi Dragonet and all.

The Hiv dr. at the begining when we first started to discuss this option of trying to get pregnant, he didn't talk with me about any fertility treatment, he told me what you wrote below , the "home made" way, we tried it for a while but it didn't work cause I could not find the day I ovulate, then we got into this clinic and with some drugs and injection we managed to set a date for the ovulation,
This month, due to the jewish holydays , I can not do this treatment so I think we will try this at home again, who knows...

About the EPO - I googled it, find lots of articles, I read you are allowed to take in only from the 1st day of period till the day you ovulate...Do u have any idea when I can buy it ?

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2007, 11:58:09 am »
I am not the one who posted about EPO but I think I have seen in it in pharmacies in Israel or nature stores. I am sure you can call in advance and ask if they stock it.

I have a question, if you couldn't find the exact day in which you ovulate, was it not possible to just try it every day for like a week? Maybe I am naiive I am just really wondering b/c I don't want to waste time doing things that are not effective (when the time comes).

Good luck & hag sameach...

Offline Blessed1974

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2007, 12:57:00 pm »
Panda,

I'm not sure where you're located but you can get EPO anyplace they sell vitamins at.

Offline panda

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2007, 01:50:48 pm »
Hi Dragonet,
My gynecologist told me that the ovulation happens between day 12 to day 18 or 16 and that we should try day on and day off... that's what we did but nothing happens, later it turns that I ovulate probably on day 21, but still , when I checked with this stick to find when is this day I could not find it, what they do in this clinic is that on day 5 from the begining of the period I start takes this drug called "Iakaklumin" this encourage body to develope bigger follicle , then on day 10 I am taing an U.S and blood test and once they see everything fits they asking me to inject into my belly a material called "ovitrel" - the oveitrel is made of the actuall material the body release during the ovulation, so they are actually causing you to ovulate on a specific day when they set up a day to inject the sperm.
Anyway, this month I will again try at home , have nothing to loose...

Blessed - I have a question , its mentioned on the left side 5 month still counting , is this the stage of your pregnancy? 5 month ? And this U.S picture up there , is it your sweet little angel  ?

Offline Blessed1974

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2007, 06:31:24 pm »
Yes Panda, that's my newest blessing in my profile picture ;D  I'm due on January 28th and they think I'm finally having a boy after 4 girls.  We'll find out for sure what I'm having on the 11th.

But I wish you good luck in your continued attempt to conceive, it will happen when you least expect it.  Good luck  ;)

Offline panda

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2007, 04:53:16 am »
Woh - 4 girls ? U are blessed !! ;D , Did you get pregnant with the 4 when u where negative and only the last one is while you are pos. ?
Also , hope its not too private to ask but, this current pregnancy well, u were not in any fertility treatment , did you manage to conceive like Dargonent mentioned below, home made ? Or.. I read here somewhere that a couple managed to concieve in the most "traditional" way and I can not understand how it can be when one is neg. and the other one pos.
Tell me, what about your blood tests, during pregnancy, are they stable ?
I mean, the cd4, and vl, is it still normal figures cause I heard during pregnancy the cd4 is going down,, how about your kidney and liver function, I was also told there is a lot of stress on thhese organs .
Its so good there is someone I can ask all these questions , I wish I will be in this position already where I will be able to share these feelings as well, I don't know... Sometimes I feel like it wont happen to me :(
Now I am sick, cought this cold and I am already a week at home, fever and everything, I feel so weak and probably that's why I feel so blue.
My mom will search for this EPO today but I wont start it this month cause I already had my period, I will start it as from the next one (unless there wont be a next one ;D) !!
I keep my fingures crossed foryou for a healthy pregnancy !!

By the way, can you pleasetell me how can I add on the left side on the screen a picture ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline panda

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2007, 05:02:27 am »
Well I managed to add picture but it aint moving , its animation,,,why it aint moving ?? Never mind, please ignore this message,I will figure it out, Please only refer to my previous message.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2007, 05:24:28 am »
Panda, sending you a PM....

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.