Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:53:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 319
Total: 319

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Obama to accept nomination at stadium  (Read 3439 times)

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
Obama to accept nomination at stadium
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:41:33 am »
Even a hard core Hillary supporter can come around.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080707/ap_on_el_pr/democratic_convention;_ylt=AvRbAFl6TaFAd6RBErrjUGCyFz4D

I think this is really exciting for a convention and to be on the anniversary of MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech, it is really going to be special.  I get chills thinking about it.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline randym431

Re: Obama to accept nomination at stadium
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 10:33:45 am »
I wanted to add an Obama comment, so I'll tack onto this one rather than start anew.
And not to distract from the original post.
But something "weird" is going on with the media and how they cover Obama.
I know they don’t love Mccain, but Obama doesn’t seem to get one break.
Like what I thought was the very cute and useful interview they had (playing
on the news spots) with the entire Obama family.
I thought the kids were great. Just your most typical American kids with mom and dad.
So you'd think that was fine and dandy? Nope!
Matt on the TODAY show has to cop this attitude "why would you expose your kids like that?".
Like Obama did something terrible or un called for by allowing the interview.
I thought it was cute. And should help those email-net-nut-driven nuts that act like Obama in the whitehouse
would be al Qaeda in the whitehouse, help them see Obama is just a typical American with a typical family. Just good people. Nice folks.
Just seems so weird the media would twist something so pure and simple, like a simple family interview, into
a “how dare you” judgment.
I think I'll only watch C-Span from now on...
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 01:26:29 pm »
Regarding the interview.......Obama said the only reason he let that happen was because it was (one of) his daughter's 10th birthday party.  You know how people will be...vindictive and bitchy.  I'm sure there will be plenty more in the next few months.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:50:43 pm »
I am really and truly not interested in hearing what a politicians children have to say, so I can take or leave the "family interview".  Obama and his campaign can say whatever they want, but everything about that interview was politically motivated.  He is a fantastic speaker and motivator, but in the end he is a politician for President of the United States and everything said and done has that end goal.  It seems to me that ever since winning the nomination, he isn't nearly the "Change" candidate as in the primaries.  Regardless though, I will be voting for him.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 05:27:43 am »
This is an exciting story. I have to say though that I agree with some of the concerns mentioned in the article. I am worried about security for an event this large. As for Obama being the change candidate... He has to move towards the center a little now or he won't have chance at winning the election.

Look what  Bush senior  did ..."Read my lips no new taxes".  That helped him win. But when he got in office of course there were new taxes.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 05:36:21 am by DCGUY2007 »

Offline weasel

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 06:08:41 am »
I'm sure us OLDER folk remember  JFK's  son ,  as a little toddler POPPING out of the DESK's  front door in the OVAL OFFICE !,

while Business was in progress ! It made the COVER of " LOOK " magazine !

I really think there is nothing wrong with showing the kids .

MOST  families have or had kids , WE did come from somewhere ?, did we NOT ?

I just PRAY  Obama gets into office and shows how well he can do !

We need change , and Obama is the one . A good person , with a nice family !

Karl , I LOVE OBAMA !
" Live and let Live "

Offline Robert

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 10:36:43 am »
hi weasel

I remember that.  There was also a picture of Caroline riding her pony, (I can't remember the pony's name.  it's on the tip of my tongue and I'm not going to google it)  I think I have that issue around here someplace.  I saved it at the time and after my Mother died and we cleaned out her house, I found my collection of JFK stuff.

I think Obama should ignore the press and the so-called experts.  I saw an excerpt of that interview and thought it was cute.  Very natural. 

robt

ps.....it's just been a couple of minutes and I remembered the pony's name:  Macaroni.  This was not a 'google' moment.  I actually remembered.  But for gawd's sake, don't ask me my zip code.  That I have to look up.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 10:45:01 am by Robert »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 11:34:23 am »
I'm very sorry to say that my youthful memory only extends back as far as Tricky Dick getting on that helicopter.  I was 9 and my mother made me stand and watch the television.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Iggy

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 04:22:16 pm »
I wanted to add an Obama comment, so I'll tack onto this one rather than start anew.
And not to distract from the original post.
But something "weird" is going on with the media and how they cover Obama.
I know they don’t love Mccain, but Obama doesn’t seem to get one break.
Like what I thought was the very cute and useful interview they had (playing
on the news spots) with the entire Obama family.
I thought the kids were great. Just your most typical American kids with mom and dad.
So you'd think that was fine and dandy? Nope!
Matt on the TODAY show has to cop this attitude "why would you expose your kids like that?".
Like Obama did something terrible or un called for by allowing the interview.
I thought it was cute. And should help those email-net-nut-driven nuts that act like Obama in the whitehouse
would be al Qaeda in the whitehouse, help them see Obama is just a typical American with a typical family. Just good people. Nice folks.
Just seems so weird the media would twist something so pure and simple, like a simple family interview, into
a “how dare you” judgment.
I think I'll only watch C-Span from now on...

As someone who is planning on voting for Obama I got to ask if you are kidding about "I know they don’t love Mccain, but Obama doesn’t seem to get one break."

The problem for a long time is that Obama was in the Primaries where there were sort of barriers from the Republicans from a full scale attack on the lead runner -  and this is now the general election where the Republicans have taken the mitts off and all that you are witnessing is standard mudslinging that both sides engage in during a general election.

They (republicans) will lose, and are in fact floundering, with every attack, but the truth is that Obama has not had anything even closely resembling a hard ride thus far.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 04:29:49 pm »
Dunno Iggilicious.  A entire month of nothing but Rev. Wright seemed a bit over the top, followed by a month of Bittergate, which was also excessive.  Meanwhile McCain can sing little jingles about bombing Iran and killing them with cigarette exports and it gets barely a mention -- and imagine if Obama had confused Sunni and Shia! 

Oh and let's not forget that he's a Muslim Manchurian candidate -- it's amazing that this even merits mention in the press.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.