Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:10:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 340
Total: 341

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Madonna's newest face. (NSFW?)  (Read 34738 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Madonna's newest face. (NSFW?)
« on: September 02, 2011, 08:35:06 am »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Re: Madonna's newest face. (NSFW?)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 12:10:33 pm »
Not too crazy about the nun look. She's evidently done some work to her face, kinda looks like my cousin Carmela in that picture.

She looks rather gorgeous in this Vionnet, at the Venice Film Festival.

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline mecch

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 12:15:39 pm »
It would be nice for everyone if she has some success with this film.  The review zzzzzzzzzz.
Madonna + Movies = pretty damn awful most of the time.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 12:17:39 pm »
She should probably be more concerned with critics calling her film "silly, preening and fatally mishandled"... seriously, how dare she fuck up a Wallis Simpson story!
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mecch

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 12:19:08 pm »
And what is the reader's comment in Huffington Post - Wallis Simpson's father was black?  She was "passing" all her life?  Rich.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/Leonard_Hirschberg/madonna-exes-guy-ritchie-sean-penn_n_945198_105969078.html
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:21:40 pm by mecch »

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 12:22:22 pm »
She should probably be more concerned with critics calling her film "silly, preening and fatally mishandled"... seriously, how dare she fuck up a Wallis Simpson story!

Yeah, 96% of the time Madonna and film are not a good combination.  You cannot expect a person who's not very good at acting to do a good job when directing.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 12:29:17 pm »
I thought the rumor was that Wallis really possessed a cock.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 01:59:12 pm »
She looks rather gorgeous in this Vionnet
it looks like a bad take-off of the Love Profusion vid  :P

at least she isn't all muscle-y, sinew-y right now :D
oddly in the pix mecch posted, she reminds me of Deborah Harry
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline mecch

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 03:14:37 pm »
Todays Debbie Harry, Hillary Clinton, Ancient Mae West, Todays Faye Dunaway, Norma Desmond, Todays Catherine Denueve.  The basic question is why does she look 65 in the picture.
The answer on the blogs is -
That's a super bad still, it looks better live and smiling.  
Fire the makeup artist.  
Filler used too close to event.
Lose the chipmunk implants and shes good to go.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:16:33 pm by mecch »

Offline mecch

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 06:04:09 pm »
Oh, I also saw Jerry Hall referenced.

I like the review that says Madonna is sadly not talented enough to make a 100% hideous movie.

Truly awful films are an art form Madonna can only aspire to
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/sep/02/bad-films-madonna-w-e?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

i beg to differ. I walked out of Evita, and miraculously walked into Touch with those delicious young bonbons Skeet Ulrich and Bridgit Fonda.

Tried several times to watch Swept Away and simply. can. not.  I watched it on fast forward once or twice, reluctantly fascinated by Madonna's body and face. Oh, the guy was hot too.

The reviewer above - his logic would be than my Madonna walk outs weren't then truly awful films, cause such rare treasures glue you to the seat to the bitter end.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 06:09:57 pm by mecch »

Offline mecch

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 06:33:00 pm »

If only she were as wonderful as Mae West!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 06:42:47 pm by mecch »

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 06:59:26 pm »
Madonna says new album will be out next spring

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=667738&gt1=28102

Madonna's latest cinematic effort, "W.E.," isn't exactly wowing the critics, but maybe the singer will have better luck with her return to music.

The "Material Girl" songbird announced during a recent interview that her next album -- the first since 2008's "Hard Candy" -- will be released in spring 2012
. ...

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 07:09:20 pm »
I haven't bought a Madonna album since 1994's Bedtime Stories  :D

... though a friend gave me a limited edition pink vinyl Confessions on a Dance Floor

Offline mecch

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 07:16:14 pm »
Well she has made some fun music since 1994, and certainly some good remixes of such tunes by others.

What if feels like for a girl, had great remixes (2000)

There were good tunes on Dancefloor.

Give it 2 me on Hard Candy was decent in mixes without the interlude.  Beat Goes On.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 07:18:30 pm »
There's always the random catchy song. I was referring specifically to being engaged enough to purchase an entire album. It's not like she does the remixes ::)

Come to think of it I also bought Ray of Light so my post was wrong.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 07:22:26 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 07:35:01 pm »
There were good tunes on Dancefloor.

Give it 2 me on Hard Candy was decent in mixes without the interlude.  Beat Goes On.

Ray of Light is probably my favorite Madonna album. I enjoyed several songs Dancefloor. Hard Candy was not one of my favorites. Here is a Gaga comparison video for "She's Not Me", which does have a good baseline and funky little guitar track by Wendy Melvoin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo2RcQr42BY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Offline mecch

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 07:50:58 pm »
The only quibble I had with Dancefloor was her ridiculous videos and disco look she attempted.  She made it far to easy for people to ridicule her.  

Hung up by Madonna
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XQ2baQ5coE

Con Loli is an all time classic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me-_CJl-PF4

At this point, Dancefloor, Madonna reminded so much of the aging Dalida, from the late 70's.

Added:  but, in Hung Up, you do get to see her old face and I liked that one.  By Hard Candy it was looking haggard in the unretouched photos that showed up everywhere. 

Now we regularly have the pre-photoshop Madonna leaks from any big stuff she does. 

I thought the pre-photoshop D&G leaks looked great.  But then I am have a twisted aesthetic.

Sigourney Weaver still has her face.

Fanny Ardant

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 10:14:17 pm by mecch »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 11:24:19 pm »
Ray of Light is probably my favorite Madonna album.
I thought ROL was going to be my last Madonna album ever as that was my bday present when I was in the hospital "dying" with the PCP. I ended up listening to it over-and-over as I recovered, so it's a very poignant album for me.

which does have a good baseline and funky little guitar track by Wendy Melvoin.
anything with Wendy or Lisa is awesome  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 10:38:09 am »
I find this newest face... noteworthy.

Added:  but, in Hung Up, you do get to see her old face and I liked that one.  By Hard Candy it was looking haggard in the unretouched photos that showed up everywhere.  

Now we regularly have the pre-photoshop Madonna leaks from any big stuff she does.  

I thought the pre-photoshop D&G leaks looked great.  But then I am have a twisted aesthetic.

Since you are the OP, what is your opinion about all this? Are you saying Madonna should not have had cosmetic treatments or that she got bad work done? Are you saying she looks old? You obviously are interested in how these women are aging but I'm not sure what you are saying.

Personally, as a middle-aged man whose face is full of plastic, I am not going to fault anyone for trying to improve their appearance. People go to a plastic surgeon to look better, not worse, although it doesn't always work out that way. As far as Madonna goes, I think she is doing her best to keep in good shape and be productive. I appauld her for that. Many people, celebrity or not, let themselves go after 50. Madonna could be sitting in one her her mansions eating cookie dough, watching reality TV, playing with her kid and raking in royalty checks.

She could be Elvis.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:46:25 am by GSOgymrat »

Offline Cliff

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 02:31:35 pm »
She looks fine.  I've seen much worse plastic surgery jobs (Rupert Everett).  As someone who managed to convince his parents the need for a nose job, no judgment from me!

Offline mecch

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 02:31:56 pm »
I am more or less with your point of view.  Observe it all.
That is why I said "noteworthy".  I noticed.  

I have followed her every step of the way.  Some people seem to think when fans or the public take up this sort of gossip it has to be black or white, a total screed of derision, or blind fan worship.

I said it would be nice for everyone if the film was a success because we know Madonna has always wanted film cred and its always been denied.  

Fans like me always appreciate the industry and ambition and willingness to keep working and put herself out there.  I watched her speak about her film at Venice and she was NOT articulate about it, her intent, anything really.  So thats painful to watch, a fail.  Just like it was painful to watch Evita so I just left.  Quite some time later, with Swept Away, again one had to avert ones eyes about what a crap fest the movie is.  But again i was fascinated what was recorded, and available for view, about what was going on in her body and face at that moment.  Shot around the same time as triumphant tours and Music and American Life, both decent discs and Music a big success for her.

She is an extremely successful artist who has some amazing talents and some other "talents" in her delusions, only.  A mixed bad, as it were.  Which some of us find touching and human.  There are some gay men, fans of her age, been there all along, we project ourselves into her, the successes and failures.  The fake British accent.  Ew. The hot boy toys after her divorce - Good for her!

So I do worry that she might misstep with the plastic surgery cause I want her cool and aging, not too fake.  

I think I agree with the gossip blog comments that she looks good animated and the first pic I saw from Venice was a poor pic and bad makeup and styling.  You will have noticed that I cheer the "unretouched" leaks, when we see the Madonna as she is, not as she must be for some D&G campaign.  

Offline Cliff

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 02:37:24 pm »
She has a movie coming out?

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 07:02:51 pm »
Mecch since you're such an expert on aging female faces (and I mean that as a compliment), why do you think the Goddess Meryl Streep looks so amazing? Or can you dig up scary pictars of her too?

Re: Sigourney, above, she's had work done, don't kid yourself.

Offline mecch

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 07:43:07 pm »
Sigourney looks "refreshed" or "rested".   ::) ::)   Chapin Stanford Yale
Saw Streep on some talk show in the last few months and she looked her age an lovely.  But yes, refreshed. Vassar Yale.

Classy girls, what else would we expect them to look like?

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 07:58:21 pm »
TMZ just released this pic of Madonna without makeup...

btw, lol @ the guy in the closet.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 07:59:30 pm »

Classy girls, what else would we expect them to look like?

Like Meg Ryan post In the Cut

Offline mecch

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 08:19:01 pm »
As we said at Boy Bar, NAPS
(not a pretty story)

Offline mecch

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 08:20:47 pm »
TMZ just released this pic of Madonna without makeup...

btw, lol @ the guy in the closet.

Isn't that Zombie Boy in 35 years, scarred from tattoo removal?

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 08:24:38 pm »
Isn't that Zombie Boy in 35 years, scarred from tattoo removal?

That star nipple reminds me of a certain wardrobe malfunction.

Offline mecch

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 08:49:17 pm »
He looks like my HS typing teacher.

Offline mecch

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 09:00:48 pm »
Oh, and you don't need marker to bejazzal your magnificent manboobs:

Offline mecch

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 09:02:30 pm »
Wait a minute. That's Boy George isn't it?

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 09:03:08 pm »
Wait a minute. That's Boy George isn't it?

Sure as hell is
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline mecch

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 09:14:12 pm »
In that case, and considering Rupert Everett, this old queen is sending mylar balloons to all the lovely ladies, above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9NQTnLXfSA

And Madonna can take care of herself! Talk is cheap!

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:18:48 pm by mecch »

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 02:58:57 pm »
I saw this story on E.T. or Access Hollywood or one of those type shows...

she's definitely had something done; can't quite put my finger on what it may be.   Probably some filler, and is a bit swollen/puffy still.  It may 'calm down' a little more and look better.

I think she looks good for her age, and I am with Ford....I don't begrudge ANYONE for doing ANYTHING to make themself look better.   If you can do it, and can afford it, go for it.  I would.

All the filler I had done last summer (Radiesse) is pretty much gone bye-bye.   With the payments (or lack of) that Medicare paid my doctor, I'm sure she won't be injecting me again.... :'(
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 03:12:03 pm »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline mecch

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 05:47:49 pm »
Dolly Parton's Stairway to Heaven
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJHjQ81JtY0
Really quite bizarre and wonderful.

If anyone gives Dolly any shade, I'm copying it and will duly send it to President Rick Perry, who will have you deported for unAmerican activities, not to mention bad taste.

Then again, the bible bangers hated on her for singing this Satanic music, so maybe President Rick Perry will deport Dolly for devil worship and the whiff of lesbianism.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:55:34 pm by mecch »

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 06:16:49 pm »
Love Dolly Parton. I have been listening to her new album and it is very positive, feel good music. She has always been the first to point out that there is nothing natural about her looks: "I look just like the girls next door... if you happen to live next door to an amusement park." :) She is 65 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C10D5Xh1OTU

Offline mecch

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2011, 06:35:54 pm »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2011, 07:59:51 pm »
Love Dolly Parton. I have been listening to her new album and it is very positive, feel good music. She has always been the first to point out that there is nothing natural about her looks: "I look just like the girls next door... if you happen to live next door to an amusement park." :) She is 65 years old.

I too, am a hard core Dolly fan. Love them tits also  ;D

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2011, 08:11:18 pm »
ick

Do you listen to share Cher too?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2011, 08:18:39 pm »
I was at my friends Hair salon he works at today and his boss just went from pretty to pretty scary with her latest round of facial surgery . Its been a month now and she looks horrible still with big ole Meg Ryan lips and cheeks that would be better suited for an ass . Whats weird is no one is talking to her about it or even brought it up .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2011, 08:22:23 pm »

That's precisely why I posted her in this thread.

And I would never, evah throw shade at Miss Dolly.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2011, 08:24:03 pm »
ick

Do you listen to share Cher too?

This from the one who posted that god awful vid from that Real Housewives  slag just awhile back?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2011, 08:57:16 pm »
This from the one who posted that god awful vid from that Real Housewives  slag just awhile back?

Well duh, it's a given that such things are farce. I don't run around with it in an iPod. Is uranium leaking into Lake Lanier again this week?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2011, 08:59:24 pm »
Someone's cranky.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2011, 09:08:15 pm »
Someone's cranky.

Perhaps she needs to get plowed.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2011, 09:10:42 pm »
Sorry, busy watching Claudia Brucken sing Running Up That Hill...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p24yVVqyJaQ

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2011, 11:21:01 pm »
Oh! Oh!

I absolutely loathe hydrangeas

How dare she.

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2011, 12:48:40 am »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.