Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:30:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 350
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 345
Total: 346

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What a pig.  (Read 6960 times)

Offline indyguy

• Hoosier Boy Single Again.
What a pig.
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:06:15 am »
Heres one for the books. I have seen this guy a couple of times in the bars and talked on the phone so we decide to meet for a drink. Long story short we go back to his place to watch a movie. He didnt tell me I should have brought the sanitation department with me lol. Dog crap everywhere. House looked like a tornado went through it. Needless to say I did not stay long because I was afraid of what might come home with me. I had high hopes because he was poz too but damn what a pig. Guess its back to the drawing board for me. O ya he also had no job, a little bit of information that he did not tell me. LOL sigh. 8)
Meds doing well so far.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: What a pig.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 11:00:29 am »
Squalor ain't sexy.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 11:04:29 am »
No job = no excuse for a filthy house!  >:( He needs skills and someone to remind him that cleaning doesn't take a long time and it can be easy if you make it so. Also, in many cases, it's more of a mental thing!

Offline mjmel

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 11:09:01 am »
No job = no excuse for a filthy house!  >:( He needs skills and someone to remind him that cleaning doesn't take a long time and it can be easy if you make it so. Also, in many cases, it's more of a mental thing!

No Shit !!!

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 11:12:59 am »
Icky poo.

You can do betta than that girl.
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline indyguy

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 11:28:11 am »
He even ask me to take it a step further to the bedroom. I was to scared to see what may have been crawling around in there lol. At that point my sex drive went right out the window. Shortly afterwards I went out the door chasing after it LOL. ;D Lord it was NASTY! He dressed well in public though.
Meds doing well so far.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 11:37:45 am »
It's rather easy to make an armchair diagnosis of some sort of severe depression.  No job?  Messy apartment including exposed animal feces?

The guy needs help in a severe way, not ridicule.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 11:49:56 am »
Yeah, he needs help but that is just nasty. Dog feces lying around, ewww. As soon as I saw that I would've been out the door. And with no job, he won't be there long. I feel sorry for the landlord or whoever has to clean that place up. :-X
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline bear60

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 11:52:35 am »
"The guy needs help in a severe way, not ridicule". quote Philly
Can you talk to him about this problem or is that out of the question.....indyguy?
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline indyguy

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 12:25:08 pm »
He collects SSI and does some under the table part time work, I guess I should have mentioned that. I believe he has been poz for 6 or so years but he is healthy. I think he is just a sloppy person. Believe me if I thought it was something else I would offer to help. I swear I am not mean. But he is also 10 years younger so that may have something to do with it too. I am 39 so maybe I need to look for my own age.
Meds doing well so far.

Offline Val

• Praxitèles -- Satyre au repos
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 12:34:36 pm »
Well, apparently he's not well off either!  Because it could be just some depression, you know!  Had he been wealthy, there would be a cleaning lady there and so on...! Unless he is out of his mind 'cause seriously who'd take someone home, be it for sex or just a chat with a glass of Chablis and/or Champagne, and have dog poo lying around the house?
There is much more there than just lack of, say, goodwill!
Also, it could be a test!  Perhaps the guy is a millionaire and wanted to see what your reaction would be!
And why do I say all these apparently nonsensical things?  Well, I have a friend who is multi-millionaire.  And you should see the place that she chose to live in...!  My place is a palace compared to hers! And much cleaner.  But, her bank account is a thousand times more important than mine!  Well, "a thousand times" perhaps not, but a hundred times, yes.
Anyway, that was interesting to read!

Val
___
___
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
http://asyoudesireme.online.fr/index.htm
Richard de Chazal
http://www.richarddechazal.com/
Daniel Nassoy
http://www.danielnassoy.com/pages/galeries_portraits_2.html
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline indyguy

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 02:12:47 pm »
Not saying we wont be friends just dont see a long term relationship in the future. :'(
Meds doing well so far.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 02:42:55 pm »
The last guy I had over called my apartment "bohemian," which I think was a nice way of saying, "artistically messy."

It's all right, I'm young!   :D
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 02:54:48 pm »
It's rather easy to make an armchair diagnosis of some sort of severe depression.  No job?  Messy apartment including exposed animal feces?

The guy needs help in a severe way, not ridicule.

That's what I thought as well. The guy seems in the throes of some major depression, which while sad is obviously not a positive attribute when husband-shopping.

Brent
(Who keeps it clean without being too fussy)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 03:09:41 pm »
That's what I thought as well. The guy seems in the throes of some major depression, which while sad is obviously not a positive attribute when husband-shopping.

Brent
(Who keeps it clean without being too fussy)

I would not expect someone with as an extreme form of mental illness as this man may have to be able to make a rational decision that perhaps husband shopping at this time might not be a wise idea.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 03:16:32 pm »
I think you guys are right  :-\

Offline Bucko

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 03:33:28 pm »
I would not expect someone with as an extreme form of mental illness as this man may have to be able to make a rational decision that perhaps husband shopping at this time might not be a wise idea.

I think that's what I said, babe  :-*

Brent
(Who confuses easily sometimes)

Offline mjmel

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 03:57:56 pm »
Yeah, he needs help but that is just nasty. Dog feces lying around, ewww. As soon as I saw that I would've been out the door. And with no job, he won't be there long. I feel sorry for the landlord or whoever has to clean that place up. :-X
I had to do that exact thing when I was working apartment maintenance in Denver. One guy left his Great Dane in his vacated apartment as he was getting moved into another apartment (not on same property). I don't know why he did what he did. He was surely not depressed. He was a lazy asshole who didn't want to clean up his apartment. I noticed the dog wasn't barking anymore (a daily event) and went to check on him.  There were deposits the size of cow patties all over and it was overwhelming folks! Wood floors. Good grief. Oh, the dog was gone.

philly267: If this was a depressed person and I knew it I would not be ridiculing him or her. It would be disgusting and sad. There was also an elderly lady in the same apartment complex who was very frail and kept to herself. No one checked on her till I complained to social services. Her cats (many) were defecating everywhere and she had newspapers and crap stacked everywhere. The bathtub was full of cat shit....like 3 inches. Middle of summer. I didn't laugh, I guarantee you. I might have actually wept when I returned to my apartment. I've seen both types where people are just filthy and don't care. We are reacting here to a descriptive situation indyguy was freaked out about----NOT laughing at a depressed person who is so lost he can't function. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 04:04:20 pm by mjmel »

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 03:59:51 pm »
May I chime in please?

Hey Indy,

I see that you are going through your forty cycle, where many things might confuse you.  Being HIV positive, is really a very slim similarity for us to get together with someone.  I am not saying that this was your reason, but you did mention it so it must have been on the surface.  Obviously you know what I mean, you aint stupid.  

One of the things that happens when you turn forty, your life begins to become a bit more directed, and focused.  Not necessarily on any one thing, but we all tend to begin to sort out the things and beliefs that we have learned to that point.  One of these is our penchant for letting ourselves become attached to the idea that we are going to find our soul mate by getting to know those that we find attractive.  I bet if you ask any 10 of the couples on this site, at least six of them would tell you that their partner is not the one they would have picked out accross the room.

If you are truly looking for a partner, I would suggest stopping the hunt, get your own life in as much order and internal happiness that you can do, and keep busy.  I guarantee that if you do this, someone will find you very interesing and when you least expect it, bam, there he'll be.  Probably in the produce section of your nearest market.

Tee Hee, yes the last paragraph was written from a fog of the green smoke, but what the hell, it was fun.

Seriously, (joke) don't stress out too much, in a year or so, things will level out and you will find a load of trash bags full of old life garbage that needs to be thrown out once and for all.

Now, the above post is just my opinion; I am not a professional, nor have I ever played one on TV.

I do hope you find happiness, and if that comes with a man attached, then you are that much more wealthy a man! ;)

Love.
(Who decided to play Mother today instead of Daddy, and is giddy living in his 18th year of an unexpected romance)
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline indyguy

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 09:42:36 am »
I am not 40 yet. 39 and gonna hold on to it as long as I can lol
Meds doing well so far.

Offline koi1

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 09:57:46 pm »
This reminds me of a guy I once went home with. It really turned me off when I saw the roaches racing across the wall, a pile of dishes that went to the ceiling. I got out of there very quickly, oh yeah and he kept the kitty litter box in the kitchen and it was stacked full of shit and piss. Some people are just pigs, although I know depression can lead to people forgetting about cleaning. This usually involves personal grooming as well though. If this guy looked well groomed, it seems to me he was just a lazy pig, who has no business having a pet if he is going to make it live in squalor.

I'm curios, did the cats eat the old lady? It happens you know.

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

3yrsalive

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 10:16:01 pm »
I am new to this site. Diagnosed3yrs ago.  How do I ask general questions of people on line or ask general questions for people to respond to?

Offline Bucko

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 10:21:14 pm »
Start a thread in Living With HIV and introduce yourself, sweetie.

Welcome aboard!

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 10:56:41 pm »
What better way to say, "date me, I'm nestable" than whith a petrified white piece of dog crap.  yay!

Sounds like my kind of man. LOL

-joseph

Offline tigger2376

• too bad to die youngish!
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 11:00:47 pm »
Body age 40, (bad days feels like 80), mental age sometimes 20 if lucky! I agree that when you hit 40 you do define more what you want and where you going. At any age,a guy who keeps dog turds for pets is not good! Age, when it comes to it is purely when you were born, but we all have to grow up sometime. I'm one of the very lucky ones. I have a negative partner, who whilst healthily aware of my virus, still loves me for who and what I am, including the occasional rant  I have about my status. I wish you the best to find someone who you wouldn't have turned down before the virus. I think perhaps sometimes we settle for less, I did it for 4 years....don't waste your precious time ;D
I know i'm going to enjoy the party in the afterlife, but do you all mind that I'm going to be VERY late!!!

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 01:42:47 pm »
OK, I'm not going to comment on the filth, because I am slightly OC on the subject.

But, regarding being 40, that was when things really started to pop socially for me.

Suddenly, every 20-something on the planet decided they wanted me for something or other. It was flattering, as well as annoying.

Of course, that was a decade ago and the dew is long gone from the pumpkin. Now, people younger than myself usually ignore me, unless, as was so nicely stated in Queer as Folk, "you guys need something."

That's OK. I am a firm believer that age and cunning will outdo youth and beauty every time.  ;)

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.