Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:45:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 604
Total: 606

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 21 years old postive boy in thailand NEED HELP!!  (Read 5136 times)

Offline HALOO

21 years old postive boy in thailand NEED HELP!!
« on: October 30, 2008, 04:32:36 pm »
HI I AM 21 years old postive boy in thailand.I HAVE BEEN POSTIVE FOR 6 MONTHS AND I HAVE DONE MYSELF A LOT OF RESEARCH ABOUT HIV.MY CD4 650 AND VIRAL LOAD IS 6000.(NOT ON MED YET)

I LEARN THAT I WILL SURVIVE FOR LONG TIME IF I CAN HAVE GOOD ACCESS TO THE  HIV ANTIDRUG AND A PROFESSIONAL HIV DOCTOR.

I AM VERY SORRY IF THIS IS A STUPID QUESTION,  IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TRAVEL TO USA, UK OR ANY DEVELOPED COUNTRY TO RECEIVE THE ADVANCE TREATMENT.THAILAND ALSO HAVE A GOOD TREATMENT BUT THERE ARE ONLY 14 HIV ANTI DRUG AVAILBLE HERE. MOST OF THE DOCTOR(AS FAR AS I KNOW)  DO NOT HAVE LONG TIME EXPERIENCE WITH HIV TREATMENT.

THERE IS NO GENOTYPE AND PHENOTYPE TEST HERE.

1)SO IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO STAY IN THAILAND AND TRAVEL TO USA OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY EVERY 3-4 MONTHS TO RECEIVE MORE PROFESSIOAL TREATMENT???.
2) HAVE ANY ONE YOU KNOW HAVE DONE THIS WAY BEFORE???

PLEASE ADVICE ME ME HOW CAN I MAKE THIS POSSIBLE BECAUSE I KNOW ONLY CHANCE FOR ME TO STAY ALIVE FOR LONG TIME IS TO RECEIVE THE ADVANCE TREATMENT IN USA OR ANY DEVELOPE COUNRTRY.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Offline LordBerners

Re: 21 years old postive boy in thailand NEED HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 05:54:39 pm »
Excuse me for being the one to mention this, but generally it is considered poor manners on internet forums to type in all capital letters.  According to the generally accepted usage, 'all caps' is understood as 'shouting' in this virtual world. 

As for your question about traveling to the US, UK, or some other 'developed country', of course you may, but only if you can afford it.  All sorts of options are open to the very rich, but alas, not to most of us.  I am an American residing in Thailand, and while there are certainly some serious limitations upon treatment here, at least the price is reasonable.
Please, just call me Berners.. or Baron.

Offline yasoza

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 06:07:59 pm »
Travelling into another country wont change a thing as all medicine are the same, am residing in UK and UK only treats free if you are under NHS which means you must be in the country more than 6months and have a fixed address, try to look around where you are you might find something as AIDS is a globe disease

Offline joemutt

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 04:09:35 am »
Haloo, you re seriously ill informed.

There are geno and phenotype tests available in Thailand. You could use these tests but they are not
essential before the start of therapy. I didnt have one in 11 yrs of treatment. I got diagnosed in Thailand and have been on meds for 11 yrs without a major hitch, granted results vary from person to person , but they will also in the Golden West.
There are some very experienced doctors in Thailand, howw cd it be otherwise with the size of the epidemic here.
You can go to Anonymous Clinic on Thanon Rajdamri (02/256 4107-9 ext 207) or the Free Clinic in Silom.
Most of my Thai and foreign friends go there.
If you have thai social security you can have free treatment, if you want to get treatment under the
30 thb scheme also.
I have been taking generic retrovirals from GPO and the results are exactly hte same as the branded medicine. Costs about 4000  thb/month.

What you decide it s up to you but I must protest this kind of disinformation. Be Well.

Offline dixieman

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 03:02:13 pm »
Unfornuately he would not be allowed in the United States due to his HIV+ status... until the laws that were set forth banning people from entering the United States who are HIV+ he would not be permitted to enter.

Offline newbernswiss

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 09:40:46 pm »
For those whom seem to be a little sensitive about people typing in all CAPS, lighten up!!! Some people have to type in CAPS due to visual impairment. SO don't be so hard on All Caps....

Offline thescot

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 06:11:02 am »
Haloo,

If you can afford to travel to the states then i'm sure you could save your money and get some great treatment in Thailand. I see one of the several top class doctors at Bumrungrad hospital in Bangkok. As a matter of fact my doctor qualified in America then studied further on HIV at Harvard which is one of the top US universities so there is no need to travel to see a top class doctor.
As far as meds go Thailand is pretty much up to date on meds and again if you can afford the costs then some of the meds that are not available here yet can be imported but it would add considerably to the costs.
Some of the recommended first line treatments are available e.g
Truvada / Reyataz / Norvir is available (Reyataz is very expensive though)
Atripla - not available as 1 pill yet but Truvada and stocrin are available and not so expensive.

If you do not have so much money then Thailand has some very good generics (copies) which work just as good.

Hope this is of some help. If you require any more info you can PM me and i will be glad to help an any way i can.

P.S. Please ignore some of the not so nice comments about your typing ..... i just wonder if they know how to type or spell in Thai!!

Offline next2u

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 04:06:23 pm »
wait, i thought we were letting hiv poz folks into the states and that archaic ban was lifted. does anyone know what the status of the ban? the last guy i was dating came to the us for access to our hiv programs. don't know the specifics, but i'd love to know this option was available.
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline joemutt

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 11:02:02 pm »
http://www.clinicrak.com/niranam.html

http://www.silomclinic.in.th/

these links might help you more. Chokedee!  :)

Offline jamesdarlington

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 02:37:40 pm »
wait, i thought we were letting hiv poz folks into the states and that archaic ban was lifted. does anyone know what the status of the ban? the last guy i was dating came to the us for access to our hiv programs. don't know the specifics, but i'd love to know this option was available.

HIV-positive travellers still refused entry to US
NATIONAL / Law has changed, but regulations still in place
Krishna Rau / Toronto / Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Three months after a change in the law HIV-positive travellers to the US are still being turned back at the border.

US law may now say there is no ban on people with HIV, but the regulations in place remain the same.

“Until the regulations change, nothing has changed in terms of HIV-positive people visiting the US,” says Victoria Neilson, the legal director of New York-based Immigration Equality. “HIV is still on Health and Human Services’ list of communicable diseases.”

In July US president George W Bush signed into law a bill extending $50-billion in funding for the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief through 2013. Along with it an amendment eliminated the ban on people living with HIV from visiting the United States.

But until the department of Health and Human Services (HHS) rewrites its regulations, anyone with HIV who wants to visit the US must obtain a 30-day waiver from a US consulate. Neilson says the US Department of Homeland Security —  which has responsibility for some border control issues — supposedly streamlined the waiver process.

“Someone has to prove he doesn’t currently have any symptoms that are infectious,” she says. “They have to prove they have enough medicine or aren’t currently on medication, that they have sufficient funds to cover hospitalization. We don’t really see that as streamlining.”

Ryan Peck, the executive director of the HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic of Ontario, says he tells people nothing has changed at the US border.

“I just inform people that this is the law and you could be turned back,” he says. “As a lawyer I can’t advise people to smuggle their meds in. Maybe another community group could.”

One HIV-positive man who contacted Xtra says he was refused entry in October even though he was only going to Buffalo airport to fly to Ecuador.

The man, who wished to remain anonymous, says he was asked if he had any medical conditions, and showed the border guard his HIV medication. He says he was photographed and fingerprinted and transported back across the border.

“He said, ‘You’re being a danger to our public health,’” the man says he was told. “I’m really not a danger to anyone. I’m being medicated.”

Peck says such cases are still common.

“They can’t visit their families, their friends,” he says. “They lose their money for their flight, their hotel. It’s gross. It’s so wrong.”

But both Neilson and Brian Moulton, associate counsel for the US-based Human Rights Campaign, say they’re confident the regulations will be changed.

Moulton says both the secretary of HHS and the head of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have committed to removing HIV.

“They have both represented in a public way that they are in the process of putting together a regulation that will remove HIV,” says Moulton.

Neilson says she doesn’t think the departments are delaying the changes until after the new US president takes office.

“They have said this is going to be part of this administration’s legacy,” she says. “We’re taking that at face value. It seems that putting out regulations, there’s a whole raft of bureaucracy that has to be gone through.”

Offline HALOO

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 01:15:16 pm »
Thank you very much for every advise :)

Offline joemutt

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 03:14:37 am »
http://pha.narak.com/
one more link for you  :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.