Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:14:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 449
Total: 452

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My husband's girlfriend is positive... Loosing my mind, please help!  (Read 6706 times)

Offline TheWife

So, my husband and I were having issues and separated but weren't getting a divorce. I left the state and went to stay with family. After I left it turns out that he started dating this woman who knew she was positive and didn't tell him till after they were having unprotected sex. She had been dating a friend of his, she told that man and he wouldnt have sex with her. They split up and she then moved on to my husband. She again did not tell my husband at all. Instead a month after they were sleeping together his friend informed him. When he confronted her she told him it was no big deal because she still tested undetectable so it was impossible for her to transmit. Obviously that is not true. To make it worse he has herpes so the transmission rate is astronomically higher. Apparently he went to the doctor after he found out. Then he quit working stopped paying any bills abandoned our house and everything we own and moved in with her. I found out after that. When I talked tohim he confirmed all of this story and told me that he was negative, but he was still with her and sleeping with her because "he has no other option". He won't talk to me at all now. I can't get any response at all. I am 99% sure from his behavior and reaction that he is positive but he won't talk to me. I am so unbelievably sad and scared and angry. Whatever our problems have been I still love him and always will and still don't want a divorce but I don't know how to handle this emotional roller coaster at all. Part of me wants to put her in prison for murder. I'm terrified for his daughter and what this could do to her. I'm scared. I'm sad. I haven't slept in 2 weeks. My ex before him commuted suicide when i left and it feels like a worse version of the same thing. The relationship totally aside I have no idea at all how to cope with this affecting someone I love. Additionally I don't know if she is aware that he has herpes but I doubt it, and from my research that is a big deal she needs to be aware of because of how the viruses affect each other. Although out of sheer hatred for her I almost don't care, but somehow I still dont want that for anyone. I don't understand how anyone could sleep with someone unprotected knowing damn well that they have it... Especially when her husband gave it to her without telling her. He died of AIDS in January. But she lied about that too and said it was lupus. Any advice here would be GREATLY appreciated. I am so lost and so devistated. I can't even think or function.
Thanks

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: My husband's girlfriend is positive... Loosing my mind, please help!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 08:32:59 am »
Your story in sentences and, where possible, paragraphs, so we can read it.  Paragraphs really do help:  ;D

So, my husband and I were having issues and separated but weren't getting a divorce. I left the state and went to stay with family.

After I left it turns out that he started dating this woman who knew she was positive and didn't tell him till after they were having unprotected sex. She had been dating a friend of his, she told that man and he wouldnt have sex with her. They split up and she then moved on to my husband.

She again did not tell my husband at all. Instead a month after they were sleeping together his friend informed him. When he confronted her she told him it was no big deal because she still tested undetectable so it was impossible for her to transmit. Obviously that is not true. To make it worse he has herpes so the transmission rate is astronomically higher.

Apparently he went to the doctor after he found out.

Then he quit working stopped paying any bills abandoned our house and everything we own and moved in with her. I found out after that.

When I talked to him he confirmed all of this story and told me that he was negative, but he was still with her and sleeping with her because "he has no other option".

He won't talk to me at all now. I can't get any response at all.

I am 99% sure from his behavior and reaction that he is positive but he won't talk to me.

I am so unbelievably sad and scared and angry.

Whatever our problems have been I still love him and always will and still don't want a divorce but I don't know how to handle this emotional roller coaster at all.

Part of me wants to put her in prison for murder. I'm terrified for his daughter and what this could do to her.

I'm scared. I'm sad. I haven't slept in 2 weeks. My ex before him commuted suicide when i left and it feels like a worse version of the same thing.

The relationship totally aside I have no idea at all how to cope with this affecting someone I love.

Additionally I don't know if she is aware that he has herpes but I doubt it, and from my research that is a big deal she needs to be aware of because of how the viruses affect each other. Although out of sheer hatred for her I almost don't care, but somehow I still dont want that for anyone.

I don't understand how anyone could sleep with someone unprotected knowing damn well that they have it... Especially when her husband gave it to her without telling her. He died of AIDS in January. But she lied about that too and said it was lupus.

Any advice here would be GREATLY appreciated.

I am so lost and so devistated. I can't even think or function.

Thanks[/font]

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mecch

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 08:41:19 am »
That is so much for you to think about, and an awful lot to unpack here.

First of all, the "new woman" is NOT murdering your husband. He knows she is HIV+, and he is choosing to stay with her.  And he and she are making their sexual decisions --  and YOU don't have any control over that, sorry to say. 

If you could step back from the heat and pain and fear and confusion of the current situation, you could see that you are confounding many many many things together and also hanging a lot of stuff onto HIV that may have little to do with HIV.

His behavior does not indicate "99%" that he is HIV positive. (And in that logic, there is nobody you "care about" who is HIV positive.  You are simply afraid he is or will be... fear is NOT the same a fact.)

The HIV in this story is a concern but the MAJOR concern seems to be the dissolution of your marriage, and your husband moving on, AND for some reason he has cut off all contact with you.  Also, you seem to say, he has quit his job, and is living with her. Also you seem to say, he has abandoned his joint financial responsibilities he has with you.

If I were in your shoes, my primary focus would be to address these two problems.
1) How do I cope with and move on from the destruction of my marriage, and a broken heart.

and

2) How do I cope with financial turmoil of a divorce and a dead-beat ex-husband.

Those are awfully hard tasks to deal with but those are the ones that concern you. Solving them is going to help you, your pain, your fear. 

If you have accurately reported the actions of your husband, you have little control over his life going forward.  Maybe some legal options, for the financial responsibilities.  You can't improve your own life by thinking you can do anything about his life now.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:51:43 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline TheWife

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 09:22:28 am »
Granted there is a lot going on. I say that I believe he is positive for several reasons however...
1. They were having unprotected sex for a month prior to him knowing
2. He stopped sleeping with her when he found out- then went to the dr- then abandoned everything and moved in with her when he got the results
3- according to his best friend his test was positive

Offline mecch

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 09:53:42 am »
Well if he is positive, that royally sucks.

Also, you are operating an awful lot on guesses, misinformation, and second-hand knowledge.  In a number of items in this sad story.

Its just my opinion.  But I often think we displace our worries and concerns and blames.  I do hope you think about the two real issues for you and not all the supposed issues of your husband...

The real issues for you are your marriage, sadly, has fallen apart.
You seem to be losing a joint investment - a home.  And there may be financial challenges related to that home, and perhaps a potential divorce.

HIV is a manageable disease and it, alone, is not going to destroy anyone's life.  Not the new woman, not your husband...

Divorces can easily lay a person low, emotionally and financially, for many many years.  So I would encourage you to talk about that with well-reasoned friends, family members, a therapist, and probably an attorney...

Offline Perfect_Storm

• Vigilance is the price of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 01:30:42 pm »
Dear Wife,

It is unfortunate that you are being pitted into this situation, but the honest truth seems to be that he is hell bent on pursuing a relationship with this other woman. You must understand that this is no longer about you and you must forgive yourself, it seems confusing and ridiculous at the same time but it isn't your life and you can't impose your views on him. I suggest that you let him be, and allow him to figure this out on his own. Perhaps he IS infected, perhaps  not...whatever the case he probably wouldn't reveal it to you anyway (sometimes people don't like to admit that they effed up).

Just be strong and carry on...let this go.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 03:48:51 pm »
Your story in sentences and, where possible, paragraphs, so we can read it.  Paragraphs really do help:  ;D

So, my husband and I were having issues and separated but weren't getting a divorce. I left the state and went to stay with family.

After I left it turns out that he started dating this woman who knew she was positive and didn't tell him till after they were having unprotected sex. She had been dating a friend of his, she told that man and he wouldnt have sex with her. They split up and she then moved on to my husband.

She again did not tell my husband at all. Instead a month after they were sleeping together his friend informed him. When he confronted her she told him it was no big deal because she still tested undetectable so it was impossible for her to transmit. Obviously that is not true. To make it worse he has herpes so the transmission rate is astronomically higher.

Apparently he went to the doctor after he found out.

Then he quit working stopped paying any bills abandoned our house and everything we own and moved in with her. I found out after that.

When I talked to him he confirmed all of this story and told me that he was negative, but he was still with her and sleeping with her because "he has no other option".

He won't talk to me at all now. I can't get any response at all.

I am 99% sure from his behavior and reaction that he is positive but he won't talk to me.

I am so unbelievably sad and scared and angry.

Whatever our problems have been I still love him and always will and still don't want a divorce but I don't know how to handle this emotional roller coaster at all.

Part of me wants to put her in prison for murder. I'm terrified for his daughter and what this could do to her.

I'm scared. I'm sad. I haven't slept in 2 weeks. My ex before him commuted suicide when i left and it feels like a worse version of the same thing.

The relationship totally aside I have no idea at all how to cope with this affecting someone I love.

Additionally I don't know if she is aware that he has herpes but I doubt it, and from my research that is a big deal she needs to be aware of because of how the viruses affect each other. Although out of sheer hatred for her I almost don't care, but somehow I still dont want that for anyone.

I don't understand how anyone could sleep with someone unprotected knowing damn well that they have it... Especially when her husband gave it to her without telling her. He died of AIDS in January. But she lied about that too and said it was lupus.

Any advice here would be GREATLY appreciated.

I am so lost and so devistated. I can't even think or function.

Thanks[/font]

Seriously Mecch was there any need for all that, couldn't you just advise her without spelling it out for her and treating her like she was some idiotic women who didn't understand English..Jeez!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 03:54:45 pm »
Hi Wife

I think what Perfect_Storm said is pretty spot on, I think you have to leave this for him to sort out now, as much as it may hurt, I'm sure if he wants to talk he will get in touch with you.

Please don't stress about this and look after yourself, the only one you have to think about now is you.

Jan

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 10:09:48 pm »
Seriously Mecch was there any need for all that, couldn't you just advise her without spelling it out for her and treating her like she was some idiotic women who didn't understand English..Jeez!

At least he didn't repost it all in french. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 12:59:20 am »

At least he didn't repost it all in french.

LOL...I suppose we can be thankful for that.

Aroha
Jan :-*

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.