Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:30:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 352
Total: 353

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies please be aware of scammers on poz personals!  (Read 8771 times)

Offline Noemi2012

Ladies please be aware of scammers on poz personals!
« on: May 19, 2012, 12:25:48 am »
I would just like to share with the positive ladies, that might be using poz personals to be aware of scam artists. Although poz personal has a lot of great benefits it also like any other dating sight, has some negative benefits as well. Like men creating fake profiles, contacting you and telling you how beautiful you are and so on and so on. Most of these scammers come on very desperate from day one and almost all will in a very short time profess their love for you without ever meeting u or even a conversation on the phone. They only want to  contact you threw private emails or IMs such as yahoo, gmail or aol. Once they thing that they have u hooked threw there pathetic emails, professing there love for you, they will come up with some great story about being in dire need of cash; for example hospital bill for a sick child, a sate-light phone so they can keep in contact with you and so on. All of these scam artist clam they are from the United States but are over seas for some reason, either they are in the military and deployed over seas or they are traveling on business and they will try to convince you that they will be back in the United States soon. This is part of the scam so you would feel more comfortable sending money as they promise to return the money to you as soon as you met. Ladies this are all faksters, playing on your heart strings and your emotions, please be aware and what ever you do not not send any of your hard earned money to none of this fakesters. They will tell u to wire money threw western union because anyone can pick it up. I am sharing this because I was chatting with someone that at first found to be very sweet and thought that wow this guy might just be the one, tuned out to be a scam artist, thank God I had the sense to tell him that the only thing I'm sending him was a hard way to go. Again ladies, we already deal with enough on our plate, please spread this message to all of our sisters, so they do not fall for this kind of non sense. Best wishes to all.

Offline emeraldize

Re: Ladies please be aware of scammers on poz personals!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 07:30:59 am »
Hi Noemi,

Sadly, the number of scammers on the site is rather high, in my opinion.

Sometimes, you can pick up clues in the way the profile is written.

Thanks for reminding all of us to keep our guard up.

Em

Offline Noemi2012

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 10:45:19 pm »
Em, you are absolutely right, the number of scammers is very high, I get at least 2 to 3  scammers sending me messages in a day, and you are also right about being able to pick up on there writing skills. One of the best is, "I'm a civil engineer" but they cant even spell :-) or write a formal letter, pathetically said to say the least!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 10:29:42 am »
Hi Noemi, welcome to the forums!

I don't use the POZ personals myself, but thanks for the head-up anyway. It's always good to be reminded to be careful when using any online dating website.

I think POZ personals probably has a higher than usual number of scammers because they see us as desperate and vulnerable because of our virus. They think we'll settle for idiots like themselves and be so desperate for affection that we'd pay for the privilege. Jerks! Anyone who preys of vulnerable women is the scum of the earth.

I think you can report scammers to the people who handle the POZ personals section of this website. Please look into it and report them if you can. Thanks!

I hope you stick around and make more use of these forums. I'd love to hear more about you and get to know you better. :)

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline centoritodd

Re: Ladies please be aware of scammers on poz ed itpersonals!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 07:37:00 am »
I ve heard of bug chasing ( but  I must admit looked on wikipedia for a def)  do people  really  do this  ??? Well they must off for the post...

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 03:05:05 pm »
Hey Centori

Do people really do what? Try to date someone who's HIV positive?

Yes. Either a postive person looking for a positive person. Or a scammer looking for a person whom they believe is vulnerable and desparate enough to hook up with a scammer, rip-off, parasite just to be involved with a man.

For the former look up serosorting. It's not called bug chasing. I confess I had to re-read your post several times to make sure I gave you the full benefit of the doubt.

Bug chasing is a completely different issue than what you've read in this thread.

Em
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:08:29 pm by emeraldize »

Offline centoritodd

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 05:31:27 pm »
No not try and date someone with hiv  I'm hiv positive myself  so why would that shock me . . But yes scammers   that's shocking  and why did I need a benefit of a doubt  I just ment that  its another eye openner to the devious minds out there...:-)

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 11:51:18 pm »
Scammers are particularly active on dating sites, Craigslist, etc. For the reasons I stated they look at women and men as lonely, vulnerable and marks.

I suppose we should take it as a compliment as they're treating us like normal folk!

To clarify the benefit of the doubt comment, it's how your post was worded. It threw me.

Em

BTW -- I see your name is Vikki via another post. Hi.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:53:46 pm by emeraldize »

Offline centoritodd

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 03:42:40 am »
Hi again thanxs for the explaination  ii  m just glad I'm not in to  dating anyone  got enough on my plate  my name is vikki  smith-shaw I'm a 30year old  I'm not proud to be possitive  but  I'm dealing with it .....I'm courious ...... I write things as they come into my head  so I'm sure  if I do write  owt you may have to read it way more than once ..as  I can't find a thanxs button  so how do u let people no you ve read there post  ...I put a smile on one but  just to show I read it ...I'm not a bad person  I'm just someone who really   truly fckd up ...but ain't everyone at some point  have a awesome day vikki :-)

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 10:26:36 pm »
Hey Vikki -- Thanks! I'm sending you a PM in a minute. Please check it out. Em

Offline centoritodd

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 04:09:11 am »
I ve read it thanxs ....:-)

Offline jberry68

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 05:38:30 pm »

WOW i didnt think there were other people on this site that was contact by scammers. I had one to contact me about a month ago and i almost falled for his lies because i was lonely but i loved my money more lol lol. It was  guy saying he was from the bahanma and it was just him and his son and head to travel to London England for business when he got there he called and told me  about his son was sick  and need cash to send to his son aunt through western union to pay for a kidney operation.  I knew then he was lying and when i told him i wasnt going to send any money he got very ulgy with me. .....so ladys beware of a guy name Hollem Lam  on  this site

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.