Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 02:19:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Night on the Town in Guerneville  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Oceanbeach

Night on the Town in Guerneville
« on: March 16, 2008, 08:10:47 pm »
Yesterday morning, I had a meeting with Pastor Elizabeth, who has agreed to become the new power of attorney for Ms. Seabreeze.  My books checked out to the penny with every dollar accounted for and all receipts intact.  It is clear that I am not to be contacted or otherwise asked for any future assistance and Ms. Seabreeze is the lady Pastors problem.  This calls for a Celebration... ;D

I was invited to go to a tasting at Freemark Abbey Vineyards for their closeout on their 2002 Cab and the day promissed to be excellent food and excellent pour for about 30 bucks per person.  So before rsvp, we started thinking...  The purpose of this event was to sell remaining bottles of the 2002 and after a few hours of good wine and fun with good people, Martyr Card and Visa were the real honored guests, so we decided not to go.

I went to the Rainbow Cattle Company where the RR Sisters had completed a charity round of Bingo and town was festive.  I had a couple Heinekens, talked to a few, and of course, my Case Manager, Sister Frances A. Sissy was there.  A good time was had by all in attendance.

Later, I moved on to the Triple R, they were having Karaoke Night.  I met this man who was really a lot of fun and very attractive, then he started singing his version of some corny song.  Well, never mind  ;D By this time I was on my third or 4 beers of the evening and I never sing without a bottle of Scotch and have to be able to drive home.  I went back to Rainbow Cattle Company for last call, the Sisters were gone, the place was fairly quiet.  Finished Last Call, said Goodnight and came home.  I think, I'll do this again soon  ;D Have the best day
Michael

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Night on the Town in Guerneville
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 09:59:22 pm »
Michael that sounds like fun.  I love the picture of your case manager.  At the NA convention I went to a few weeks ago, they had kareoke.  One guy sang 'Like a Virgin.'  I told my friend, 'now that takes some balls.' 

I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline mjmel

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 04:32:20 am »
Glad to read you are free of Ms. Seabreeze. Some people just love being a mess, eh?

Thanks for the read. It was amusing but rather tame, considering it's you. Ah, those mellow, golden years.

;)
Mike

Offline bear60

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 07:53:35 am »
Now that was a SAAB story with a happy ending!!!!!! :-*
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline northernguy

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 09:39:13 pm »
Ahh, you're so lucky to be able to enjoy alcohol.  I've had to cross it off my list as it wreaks too much havoc with my skin post-HIV.
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 10:24:23 pm »
Ahh, you're so lucky to be able to enjoy alcohol.  I've had to cross it off my list as it wreaks too much havoc with my skin post-HIV.

i think you are supposed to drink it, not bathe in it 

Sharkie

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 10:30:18 pm »
i think you are supposed to drink it, not bathe in it 

Sharkie

I'm not so sure  ;D ;D ;D  Have the best day
Michael
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 10:31:49 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 10:41:31 pm »
I'm not so sure  ;D ;D ;D  Have the best day
Michael
I think you were just swimming in it

lol

Sharkie

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 11:20:20 pm »
Even Arnold Swartzenegger likes beer  ;D Have the best day
Michael

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 11:29:55 pm »
well beer is good for the hair I hear

Offline Mike2008

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 01:19:50 pm »
I always love Guerneville, my friends own a house on the river.  I have thought about moving up there but the problem is finding a job.  Love the country though.
4-27-07  cd4 490  vl 1857
6-28-07  cd4 418  vl 993
started Atripla 9-17-07
10-9-07  cd4 502  vl,<75
1-15-08   cd4 473 vl< 75
blood platlets 31-26-79-20 -0-63-109

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 05:47:18 pm »
My neighbors, Matt and Matt have a big old log cabin on the River.  They have rebuilt it from the foundation up and have done an extensive remodel.  One of the Matts restores old homes in San Francisco and New York while the other Matt works as a computer programmer in San Francisco.  They often commute.  It has got to be a hard commute.  I have known people who have commuted as much as 4 hours each way every day because they work in the Bay Area and live in Lake County.  Does not make sense to me and the Russsian River is pretty dull during off season.  ;D Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.