Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:39:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 417
Total: 419

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please Help Me Someone, No One Can Answer My Questions  (Read 18097 times)

Offline flightman71

Please Help Me Someone, No One Can Answer My Questions
« on: October 11, 2006, 07:32:20 pm »
Dear Experts (please only experts),

I am a very friehgtened and shattered man right now. I had unprotected oral sex with a man, who did ejaculate in my mouth exactly fourteen weeks ago. At thirteen weeks and 1 day, I tested negative using Oraquick. I know that this is usually conclusive, but I read all sorts of mixed information everyone on the internet, and get different responses from different people. My problem is this: I take immunosupressive drugs for a kidney transplant. It should be noted that 1) I was on a pretty low dose (200 mg cyclosporin once a day) which I missed quite often (more than half the time) for the first two 1/2 months after the incident. About two weeks before the test, I saw a nephrologist who added Celcept (500 mg x2) and made my Cyclosporing twice a day (still 200 total mg per day). Also, I was taking an antiboitic until a day before I tested. Other information that might be useful:

1) My white count, when I saw my nephrologist, three weeks before testing, was normal
2) I had two urine cultures in the days before testing, both were negative for infections, and the urine was clear
3) I had pre-op testing for a urethral stricture (a surgery that I've since deemed not neccessary) four days before the test, and was "cleared for surgery," meaning,  I assume, that there was no problem white or red count at that point.
4) I had some diahrea and a slight fever about a month before testing (9 1/2 weeks after exposure)

My questions are this:

1) Is it possible to have ARS and still not have seroconverted three weeks after the symptoms dissapear?
2) How many cases of "late conversion," after the three month window, are reported each year?
3) I have been told various things from HIV hotlines, including 1) the three month window is difinitive for evevyone, 2) no drugs interfere with the testing, with the possible exception of PEP or HAART for post-exposure treatment, and 3) I don't have HIV (GMHC--twice)....can you confirm these things?
4) I have been told by an on-line doctor (medhelp) that my chances of having HIV are 1 in 10 million. Does that seem right?
5) I have had a slight white tongue, but it goes away, or at least very much diminishes if I eat yoghurt and drink a lot of water. Does this mean it isn't thrush?
6) Is it possible to reverse seroconvert after you change medications?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Best wishes to everyone who is in crisis.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Please Help Me Someone, No One Can Answer My Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 07:27:30 am »
Flight,

It's very unlikely that you were infected through giving a blowjob as this mode of transmission is rare. There have been studies of couples where one partner was positive and one was negative. In these serodiscordant couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for any type of oral, not one, NOT ONE of the negative partners became positive. This shows us two things: one, condoms are very effective for the prevention of hiv transmission and two, oral sex is MUCH lower risk than previously believed. So, as I said, it's unlikely this blowjob you gave will result in infection.

There is only the possibility that anti-rejection drugs will delay seroconversion. It's not written in stone.

1. The so called seroconversion illness, or ARS, is what a person MIGHT feel during the process of antibody production so if you did indeed experience ARS, you would have tested positive afterwards.

2. To be honest, I've never seen ANY reported in recent times.

3.1 There is the possibility that some people may seroconvert late and these people are generally on 3.2 chemotherapy for cancer, anti-rejection drugs or have been injecting street drugs every day for years. For people who have been on PEP, the three month window starts when they finish the four week course of PEP drugs. 3.3 I would tend to agree with them, yes, as you didn't have much of a risk to begin with.

4. We don't go by numbers like that here as they are usually pulled out of thin air. We go by the serodiscordant couple studies which I have already discussed with you.

5. We cannot tell you over the internet what is going on with your tongue. Show it to your doctor. Even if it is thrush, please keep in mind that antibiotics can also cause thrush, as can many, many other things aside from hiv.

6. No.

I think it is highly unlikely that you have hiv. If you feel you need to test again for peace of mind, go ahead and test, but expect another negative result.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline flightman71

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 02:40:16 pm »
Ok, now I am really frightened, as this is the first definite link I have heard between anti-rejection medicine and late seroconversion. I just don't understand why this information is so hard to find. There are thousands upon thousands of people living with organ transplants--you would think that some of them would have been tested by now. Is it safe to assume that nearly ALL transplant patients still test positive within the 3 month window? Please, I am dying here. I have been to two hospitals, and no one will give me a prc or nat test, or tell me if my drugs might have altered my negative test.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 03:42:19 pm »
flight,

You've chosen to ignore the most important bit of the information I gave you earlier. Your risk was NEGLIGIBLE. It is RARE for a person, organ transplant recipient or not, to become infected through giving a blowjob.

I do think it is likely that the majority of organ transplant recipients will seroconvert and test positive within the three month window. Especially someone such as yourself who is on a low dose.

It's highly unlikely that your thirteen week negative will change for two reasons. One, you didn't really have a risk of infection in the first place and two, I wouldn't expect you to seroconvert late. You only need further testing if you feel you must for your own peace of mind. I fully expect you to continue testing negative if you do decide to test again. I don't really recommend testing over giving a blowjob in the first place.

Calm down. You're more likely to find a multi-million dollar winning lottery ticket lying in the gutter than you are to test positive over this incident.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 06:07:45 pm »
In response to your PM, (and please keep your questions here so others can follow the discussion), I completely agree with Ann.

Your risk was very low to begin with. Your meds in relation to the kidney transplant notwithstanding, when you get a negative at 13 weeks it's money in the bank. The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks. So even with your specific concern I still would consider that a valid test result.

Sure, go ahead an re-test if you want to for peace of mind. Like Ann I certainly expect you will continue to test negative. It would be beyond rare for you to test positive at this point.

Now I do think you are under a great deal of emotional stress right now. You've indicated you had oral with another guy and it has put your marriage in jeopardy. That's a lot to handle so it's not surprising that you're terrified about HIV right now. I strongly recommend that you see a therapist or other professional to get support dealing with the emotional aspects of this situation.

Even though your wife is apparently very angry right now, a breakup doesn't have to be written in stone. In any case, get yourself some professional support to deal with the situation.

As far as HIV is concerned I expect you to come out of this ok. No kidding.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline flightman71

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 08:40:52 pm »
Thank you both for your responses. What continues to nag me about this event is that I had this wierd illness in Mid-September, that included sore legs, diahrea and a low-grade fever--I thought maybe it was prostitis, because of some pain in my testicles (god, I hope that's not a sign of ARS, too). Like I said, I was on a very low dose of Immunosuppresion for the first 2+ months after the encounter. In fact, when I finally went to see a nephorlogist (3 weeks before the test) she said there was only a "trace" of immunosupprsive drug in my system, so she changed and increased my immunosuppresion. I was also on an antibiotic (for a reason that turned out not to be valid--long story) Once I started the antibiotic, about 8 days before the test (ending one day before the test) I started to feel immediately better--in fact, my kidney function even improved significantly, and I no longer had the shortness of breath (which I had had since before the encoutner, I think, or from right right after) or any other symptoms--is it possible that the antibiotic, or the new drugs reversed the seroconversion while at the same time helping my kidney function improve? It should also be noted that I think I had been retaining a slight bit of water before I got on the antibiotic, and now there is none. I feel much better now than I have in over a year, and my white count is stable, all other labs are stable, no sign of infection in my urine--is any of that encouraging? Does any of it hint that I would not be a late converter? If I had seroconverted early, say even before the wierd illness in early Sept (which I must admit may have been contracted from my daughter, who got ill at daycare) is it possible that the drugs negated the antibodies completely from my blood and made me feel better? Or, if there are antibodies, are they just simply there? I know all of this is extremelly confusing--it's extremely confusing to me, but anything you can do to help me out would be greatly appreciated. I thank you so much for your incredible, compassionate service. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 11:01:08 pm »
Notwithstanding all of the bits that your mind continues to come up with to gnaw at you with, you're still HIV negative. And any further testing is going to confirm that. No kidding.

HIV is not the problem.

Really.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 06:02:06 am »
is it possible that the antibiotic, or the new drugs reversed the seroconversion while at the same time helping my kidney function improve?

Flight,

I already answered this in my first reply to you and the answer is NO.

is it possible that the drugs negated the antibodies completely from my blood and made me feel better?

NO

Or, if there are antibodies, are they just simply there?

YES!

Here's the clincher:

she said there was only a "trace" of immunosupprsive drug in my system,

It would take more than a "trace" of the drug to slow your antibody production down to the point where you would take much longer than six weeks to seroconvert. You are hiv negative.

But really, the bottom line here is that you didn't have much of a risk to begin with as getting infected through giving a blowjob is RARE. You repeatedly ignore that point. You didn't actually need to test over this in the first place.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline flightman71

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 09:10:07 am »
Well, there was a "trace" the day my doctor drew blood (which was 10 weeks post-exposure) but levels in the blood fluctuate as to how well I took my meds. Like I said, I was taking my meds about 1/2-1/3 of the time before the incident, never taking them more than once a day, and usually only taking 100 mg of the cyclosporin rather than the 200 mg prescribed. So, at times, there might have been a lot of immunosupresion in my blood, while at others almost none. Then, two weeks before the test, I took new drugs. It's these new drugs that I worry about--that they someone obliterated the anti-bodies my body had buit up at this point, but you're sure that's COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE? I'm checking myself into a psychiatric clinic today, for anxiety and depression and to keep myself from hurting myself over this event, but I may be able to check the site if they have e-mail access there.

Thank you so much for your patience and consideration.

Offline flightman71

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 09:17:47 am »
I shouldn't have said "at times there would be a lot" of immunusuppresioin in my blood. I'm ten years post-transplant, so the dose (even the new does that I am on) is a maintanence dose, not an intense dose. Does is make any difference that 1) my white count was normal 2 weeks before the test 2) that I had pre-op testing (for an unrelated urehtral stricture that I've had since I was a teenager) four days before the test and I was cleared for surgery, meaning, I assume, that my white count, etc, was still in a decent range or 3) that I had two different urine cultures, both without nitrates in them at all, though one did show a "trace" of wbc.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 09:28:00 am »
None of what you have just added makes a difference.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 09:56:52 am »
flight,

Once again you are ignoring what is perhaps the most important point I have been trying to get across to you.

You only had a theoretical risk to begin with. It's RARE for a person to become infected from giving a blowjob. There is no doubt in my mind that your test result is correct. You are hiv negative.

Test again if you like, collect your negative result and move on with your life. But I still say you didn't need to test in the first place.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline flightman71

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 08:26:07 pm »
Thanks for all of your help. One final question. I had my WBC tested three or more times, including during the time when I had diarhea, etc, that i thought might be ars (at 10 weeks) and it was normal every time...and normal 4 days before the test, and normal a week after the test. Does this indicate that 1) I am unlikely to be a late converter, because of normal WBC count and 2) it's unlikely that it was ars, becauase of normal wbc count? I know there's no definitive answer, but I'm asking if this is anohter reason to be hopeful? Thanks so muc for your time.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 05:59:04 am »
flight,

Your WBC means nothing when it comes to hiv infection. I've been positive for over nine years and my WBC is always normal.

The ONLY way to have any clue about your hiv status is through an hiv antibody test. There is no reason to think that yours will come back anything other than negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline flightman71

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 09:01:10 pm »
Ok, so I have a wierd question, and I hope the answer is no, but is it possible to get herpes on My penis by GIViNG a blow job? Also, would this be a sign of HIV if I did have herpes?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 09:08:56 pm »
Oral herpes yes, on your penis NO and NO this would not be a sign of HIV because you got herpes. Do you really think everyone that has herpes has HIV? Think about it.

Offline flightman71

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 09:17:09 pm »
Thanks for your answer, but I am really perplexed--all I did is give a blow job and now I have one pimple and one other microscopic sore on my penis--how would this happen? Is it just something from years ago reapearing?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 09:36:08 pm »
Have been tested for herpes or are you self diagnosing yourself?

Offline flightman71

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 05:10:31 am »
Self-diagnosing. But very scarred now.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 06:33:34 am »
flight,

If you're worried about pimples or any other sores on your penis, you're just going to have to see a doctor about that. We cannot possibly tell you what is going on with your penis over the internet. You can't diagnose yourself either, unless you've suddenly graduated from medical school.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline flightman71

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 09:18:13 am »
Thanks for your answers. My real question is, does a pimple, (or even herpes), change your opinions that I am very very very very unlikely to have hiv?

Offline flightman71

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 09:22:46 am »
It may help you to know that I've dealt with these pimples before, in almost the exact same place and was told it was not herpes, but now I am worried.

Offline flightman71

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2006, 10:14:52 am »
Can anyone tell me if I should be worried?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 10:18:06 am »
Then see a doctor. We can't help you, nor anyone else on the internet.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2006, 10:45:23 am »
How many ways and times do you have to be told that HIV is not an issue here?

If you're still concerned about pimples or anything else symptomatically that's to be discussed with your doctor.

Andy Velez

Offline flightman71

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2006, 11:58:30 am »
I'm sorry, I really don't mean to be a pest at all, but I'm just hoping that a herpes outbreak is not a sign of hiv. I have been hospitalized for anxiety and depressioin in the last month and I'm sure it's making my responses sound more desperate than they are, but I'm absolutely terrified because of my wife and child (who is breastfeeding). But if you tell me right now, I am in the clear, I will believe you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2006, 05:06:22 pm »
An outbreak of herpes is not an HIV-specific illness. It can often be triggered by stress, among other things.
Andy Velez

Offline flightman71

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2006, 07:32:50 pm »
I think you are all heroic for providing this service. I am so scared right now--you're assurances have been helpful. I hope that I have not offended you with my posts about Herpes. I just wanted reassurance that this doesn't chance your mind about my chances, that's all. I hope you are all well tonight.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2006, 07:46:36 pm »
And you as well. Go put on the telly, read a book or otherwise engage your mind and spirit in something more productive than torturing yourself.

Life is way too short to be spending it that way so put some effort into more life-affirming activities. No kidding. You'd be amazed at how it can be done if you're focused that way instead of just giving into your mind's worst fears.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline flightman71

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 09:53:35 am »
I don't know that I have herpes, but I read on the internet that people with herpes are twice as likely to get hiv. Is this true, even if I only gave oral sex and had no sores at the time? Wouldn't it make sense that I would simply have the same chance as anyone, since I had no sores and my genitals were not involved in the act at all?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2006, 02:18:24 pm »
flight,

Just having herpes does not increase you risk. If, for example, you have a sore on your penis and you have unprotected intercourse with a positive person, then your risk would be slightly higher. People with herpes shouldn't be allowing their herpes lesions to come into contact with another person's body anyway, because that is how herpes is spread.

You really need to relax about this blowjob because it is highly unlikely you have become infected as a result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline flightman71

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 11:50:05 am »
Thank you for all your time and consideration. I know you don't answer symptomatic questions on here, but I thought I'd give it a chance. I have a mildly swollen lymph node on the very back of my neck, and it seems to swell up during the night, though during the day I can't even feel it at all. I also have a tingling sensation in the same shoulder, not where the lymph node is but lower. Do lymph nodes normally cause this tingling sensation? The node itself doesn't hurt, and I am hoping the tingling is from stress or from a pinched nerve, but worry that the lymph node is draining during the day and that's what's causing the tingling. If so, would one lymph node warrent more testing, or should I move on?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 11:53:11 am »
No they don't cause tingling. What you THINK are lympth nodes may not be at all. You need to have a doctor diagnosis swollen or enlarged lymph nodes.

Offline flightman71

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 11:53:57 am »
Thank you Rod and everyone for your answers.

Offline flightman71

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2006, 08:43:33 am »
I know I am being a hypochondriac, but now I have a wierd sort of lesion on my right temple. It sort of looks like a pimple, but is more purplish and smooth. When do hiv lesions usually appear? Does it take years or only weeks? Sorry for the questions, but I can't seem to calm myself down. I am going to take a 4 month test this week.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2006, 09:02:39 am »
flight,

You are still ignoring what is perhaps the most important point.

You only had a theoretical risk to begin with. It's RARE for a person to become infected from giving a blowjob. There is no doubt in my mind that your previous test result is correct. You are hiv negative.

Test again if you like, collect your negative result and move on with your life. But I still say you didn't need to test in the first place.

If you are worried about "lesions" appearing on your skin, you are just going to have to see your doctor about it. There isn't a person in the world who can diagnose these things for you over the internet. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline flightman71

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2006, 09:06:22 am »
Thank you for your reassurances, Ann. I really admire you and Andy and Rod and the work that you all do here.

Offline flightman71

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2006, 06:32:17 pm »
I am terrified now. I was doing so well with my worrying, had put the incident behind me, and decided that my three month test was definitive. Today, though, I have chills and fever, and a temp. around 100.5. Also body aches. Does this information change your opinion about my status or my need for another test? I was really feeling great last night, had taken a deep breath and decided I didn't have it. Now I think I need to go test again. What is your opinion?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2006, 06:51:18 pm »
Speak to your doctor about your symptoms.

They have nothing to do with HIV. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story. No kidding.

You're just a little cracked on the subject of HIV, but that is not the same as being infected. HIV is not the problem. Really. 
Andy Velez

Offline flightman71

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2006, 03:17:51 pm »
Hi Anne and all,

I know that you will tell me to speak to a doctor about my symptoms, but I wanted to check with you because every time I think I finally have a handle on things, and can move on, something new crops up and freaks me out. This time, I have a sore on the inside of my lip. I don't know if it's an ulcer or what--it could be from my psych meds that cause dry mouth, or from my kidney meds, which cause many things, but I wanted to check to see if this new symptom changed your opinion about my need for more testing. I really am trying to deal with this, and am seeing a psychologist to help me with the guilt, etc, as you suggested, but I wanted to know if you had any opinion on this new thing that's cropped up. I hope you all are having a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am definately thankful for the support I have gotten from this forum.

Best,
Flight

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2006, 04:02:49 pm »
Flight,

No, the appearance of a sore on your lip in no way changes the fact that you do not need further testing. You are hiv negative.

If the sore continues to bother you, or if others appear, speak to your doctor about it. It has nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline flightman71

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2006, 01:25:36 pm »
I wanted to let you know that I went and got another hiv test on Friday. It was negative again. My wife also tested and also negative. I now believe it is sufficiently long enough for the test to be conclusive. And I should have believed my three month test was conclusive, but I agonized for two months for no reason. It was a form of self-indulgence, I guess, but it also helped me become more aware of hiv and will make me be more careful in the future. In the meantime, I am going to make a donation to an HIV charity (any suggestions?) and move on with my life. Thank you to Andy, Rod and Anne for the work they do.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2006, 01:52:58 pm »
Congrats on that happy test result. Good deal!

Take a breath and get on with your life.

As to donations, I don't know where you live but any AIDS service organization in your area is sure to need anything you can give. Alternatively GMHC in NY is a major service provider for those living with HIV as well as in prevention.

Good luck to you.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.