Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:33:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 216
Total: 216

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AIDS is a candida fungus disease...  (Read 10071 times)

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
AIDS is a candida fungus disease...
« on: May 12, 2012, 01:04:13 pm »
Thanks to the recent developments regarding marriage equality, the crazies all seem to find their way into the light.

This woman is off her rocker  :o
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
Re: AIDS is a candida fungus disease...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 01:23:28 pm »
Thanks to the recent developments regarding marriage equality, the crazies all seem to find their way into the light.

This woman is off her rocker  :o

And what makes THIS even worse, there are still a lotta people just like this horrid woman, who actually thinks this way   ::)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 06:27:44 pm »
some reports say that this woman is actually a homeless mentally disturbed woman who is known to often spout off craziness like this in city council meetings. Regardless of whether she's homeless or not, her rambling nearly incoherent diatribe clearly shows that she suffers some sort of mental illness, so I think really very few people think much like her. ;)

There are quite a few sites making fun and/or jeering this women for her comments when what I think really needs to happen is for this women to get some sort of mental health care.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline denb45

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 07:01:25 pm »
A nut-job as well as crazy and seriously  not informed about AIDS  ;)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 07:09:34 pm »
so I think really very few people think much like her. ;)

Hmmmm.  When was the last time you took a look over in Am I?
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline denb45

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 07:17:32 pm »
Hmmmm.  When was the last time you took a look over in Am I?

knowledge is a powerful tool  ;)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 08:06:29 pm »
I had to stop watching after a minute.  Poor lady. People on the Internet are making fun of her?  Shame on them really.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 10:24:25 am »

There are quite a few sites making fun and/or jeering this women for her comments when what I think really needs to happen is for this women to get some sort of mental health care.

Someone who lives in her town responded ... somewhere, I forget which site ... to say that she's schizophrenic, living in an assisted living complex nearby and always turns up at these meetings with a prepared response. She's tolerated and treated politely, but ignored overall. They (her fellow townspeople) all know her and understand she has problems. As she's living in an assisted care facility, I guess she's already getting the help she needs.

Knowing that she's well known and tolerated in her town begs the question of why someone saw fit to post the video, but I guess that person probably has maturity issues or is just plain mean.

It also begs the question of why she's permitted into the meetings, but I suppose she's not a physical danger to anyone and as she's still a citizen despite her challenges, that means she still has the right to free speech in a public meeting. After all, she quietly accepted it when she was told her five minutes were up. If she had a habit of being disruptive (not relinquishing the mic, for example), they probably would have banned her long ago.

I have to say though, the guy sitting behind her was hilarious at times. I must look like that myself at times when I'm over in Am I.

~facepalm~
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 12:17:28 pm »
I suppose she's not a physical danger to anyone and as she's still a citizen despite her challenges, that means she still has the right to free speech in a public meeting. After all, she quietly accepted it when she was told her five minutes were up. If she had a habit of being disruptive (not relinquishing the mic, for example), they probably would have banned her long ago.

Exactly.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 01:16:30 pm »
I don't think they can ban anyone from speaking at a public meeting.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 06:10:58 pm »
Yes they can, at the beginning of the meeting they announce "no public comment" or "If your name is not on the list of speakers you will not be permitted to speak at that meeting."

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 06:31:32 pm »
Yes they can, at the beginning of the meeting they announce "no public comment" or "If your name is not on the list of speakers you will not be permitted to speak at that meeting."

I meant if it's an open meeting.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 06:37:43 pm »

They can if they're habitually disruptive at an open meeting - and by that I mean things like not relinquishing the mic when their time's up, loudly and continually interrupting other speakers, and similar shenanigans. Public speakers usually have a time limit to keep meetings from dragging on for hours.

I remember a furor in the town where I grew up (Cleveland Ohio suburb) over a disruptive member of the public who was eventually banned from open public city council meetings. It didn't come quick enough for most people, hence the furor. They gave that guy about a year's worth of monthly warnings and chances before finally pulling the plug on him.

Literally pulled the plug - he would never relinquish the mic and always tried to rant on for as long as he could. One night a council member finally pulled the mic's plug out of the sound system, unceremoniously called an emergency vote and they declared him banned*. The plug-pulling member got a standing ovation.

Heh.... the ranting guy was a neighbour. That's why I remember it so vividly even though I was probably only about eight at the time. He kept running for councilman of our ward and I don't think he ever got more than ten votes. He was the laughing stock of our block and even more so after he got banned. Whatta guy!

*edit - he wasn't banned from attendance, he was only banned from being allowed time to speak.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:42:45 pm by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 06:42:33 pm »
All city or village council meetings are open to the public except for executive sessions which the topic of discussion is limited. 

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 06:54:03 pm »
Well thats the ups and downs of free speech in the USA.  This insane discourse wouldn't have to be tolerated in France.  Nor I think in the UK.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Blue75

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 09:35:48 pm »
Hope it's okay for me to comment here.  I could only listen to about half of her rambling when I had to turn it off....hello...to me, it sounded as if she was talking about the priests that had interactions with their bellboys (which that bothered me when it occurred in the Catholic churches even though I'm not Catholic, it was sad) and then she said it was gay people....that was wrong. Dumb B..I don't like stereotypes...
Husband:
2/14/12 Tested HIV+
3/16/12: CD4-216, VL-56,500
5/4/12: Started Atripla
5/7/12: CD4-184, VL-12,000 (Taken off Atripla after 3 days, awaiting liver testing) Started antibiotics.

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 10:36:08 am »
All in All, there is "madness (insane) in her method."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline weasel

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 11:15:40 am »

Well how cute is that video ...

I love it  :)

Just your average   loony lady  .

Reminds me of George-Ann on The  Mary Tieler Moore show   ;D

Carl

P.s.  I can't judge her , She can say what she wants .....
" Live and let Live "

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 12:28:07 pm »
Thanks to those of you who showed some empathy for this woman, because she obviously suffers with serious mental illness.  For me, it's one thing to highlight people who rail against HIV/AIDS because they are bigoted or even fearful of the disease.  It's quite another to make fun of someone who suffers from mental illness.  I find laughing at this woman, to be no less distasteful that those who demean us, as our being poz is just as permanent as her mental illness.

Joe

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 02:25:44 pm »
I could not watch the video, becuse it is now private and by invitation only, or some such.

Just letting everyone know.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 02:42:40 pm »
google "nebraska woman homophobic rant" for lotso-links

especially this link - http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/324763#ixzz1uxuKQgYy
The Lincoln Journal Star says her family has thought the same thing -- for her need to get psychiatric help.
Her brother, Patrick Svoboda of Ogallala said her family has tried to get her help multiple times, but unless she harms herself or others, there's not much more they can do.
Meet Jane Svoboda. She is a 52-year-old woman diagnosed with schizophrenia Svoboda lives at an assisted-living facility in Lincoln and is listed as a protected person, according to Journal Star. Her brother, Patrick Svoboda, is her conservator because she is incompetent, the documents say.
"To me, it shows how little society really cares about people with mental health issues," Patrick Svoboda told Journal Star. "She does have a very tender heart ... but anything she says is certifiably schizophrenic ... she's not some crazy conservative."
He was unaware of the video's popularity, but wasn't surprised -- he knew it would be a matter of time before she got in trouble somewhere.
He said he's disappointed the video garnered such attention and jokes without the whole story. Patrick filled Journal Star in with more details.
Part of the problem, the paper says, were that web sites "published the video and stories Friday with little context and Svoboda's name misspelled." Huffington Post took a notice to it, with the quote below, but that is all.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 04:49:38 pm »
Thanks to those of you who showed some empathy for this woman, because she obviously suffers with serious mental illness.  For me, it's one thing to highlight people who rail against HIV/AIDS because they are bigoted or even fearful of the disease.  It's quite another to make fun of someone who suffers from mental illness.  I find laughing at this woman, to be no less distasteful that those who demean us, as our being poz is just as permanent as her mental illness.

Joe
You're right.  It is easy for me in this case to laugh at and make fun of this scenario, but to really see that she is struggling with an issue that she herself has no control over was a more appropriated and mature step.  I guess I let my anger from her comments get the best of me without seeing that some maliciousness was afoot here.   I can only presume that people of her community knows of her affection and quietly tolerate her for it is not her fault, while some mean person took the opportunity to not only to humiliate her but to also broadcast her antics, sickness, to the world.  It is her mental state that caused an apparently normal looking person to act so queerly and not a mean spirited person spouting hate.  I see that now and I hope she is being cared for and looked after.  Again, my apologies for not seeing the forest before the trees or, in other words, not seeing the big picture.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.