Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:10:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773297
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 591
Total: 591

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Any of the old school members still lurking?  (Read 36075 times)

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
Re: Any of the old school members still lurking?
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2021, 03:01:21 pm »
I remember you, we joined around the same time.  It's been 16 years since I was diagnosed as well.  I agree there were some pretty bad situations arise on the forum and I was probably entrenched in some of them.  I was no angel back then and I recognize I was a fairly bitter person at the time and way too opinionated.  It's okay to be opinionated when it's founded on something close to being factual..  Time has shown me just how wrong I was.

There were more good times than bad and as the years have passed there is one thing I do miss, and that's the love of the community that was here.

I think today forums are rather a dinosaur of sorts, social media has taken it's place.  Life moves on...  Thanks for posting Aupointlllmite.  It's good to see an old face is still around.

Damn! I could have written the exact same thing about myself at the time. Bitter, angry, opinionated, and usually drunk. Also I got a kick out of poking people that I really don't have anymore. Like, I wouldn't say that I was cruel, but definitely annoyingly arrogant.

That being said, the response of certain people could be... oh, let's call it "disproportionate" and "scary." Oh well. It's over now.

I think you're definitely right about social media being the death of places like this, sadly. The funny thing is that I finally got off of social media because that shit is even worse at times.

I did peek back on here a few times over the years, and I saw that a few people I had been friends with on here had died and that ended up just sort of encouraging me to stay off, I guess.

I'm glad to see you're doing well though! I hope life has been treating you- and everyone here- well.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2021, 10:47:27 am »
Hey Skeebo

Great to hear from you. My gosh, doesn't time fly. It's frightening. I remember joining the forum when I was diagnosed in 2006 and it was such a support. So many people reached out and helped me through that period. Great to hear from you and to see some of the old names on this thread. Hello to everyone and keep trucking on!

Delby xx

Hi Delby.  Thanks for the update, good seeing you..
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2021, 01:04:06 am »

I am recovering from a close call.  Damn diverticulitis went sepsis.. bed ridden and recovering for 2 months.  I had a resectioning of my colon and small intestines and have started feeling somewhat normal lately.

I think I was dumb enough to take the term intestinal fortitude literally...  hah! 

I would love to hear from both the new forum brethren, but also my old forum peeps who got me through a rough time back in 2006.  Either way, chin up and much positivity!

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2021, 04:39:01 am »
Hi, bummer....wishing you a speedy recovery

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2021, 07:31:04 pm »

I am recovering from a close call.  Damn diverticulitis went sepsis.. bed ridden and recovering for 2 months.  I had a resectioning of my colon and small intestines and have started feeling somewhat normal lately.

I think I was dumb enough to take the term intestinal fortitude literally...  hah! 

Damn Thomas,....Really sorry to hear you went through this. I thought I remember you mentioning that you were dealing with Diverticulitis, at one time here on the forums. Wishing you a very speedy recovery on all this.
I am sure it was a very difficult time for you.

I've only known one a person dealing with Diverticulitis, and he was in his 80's and was doing well with dietary control.

Take care -- Ray 
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2021, 03:18:24 am »
Hi, bummer....wishing you a speedy recovery

It's been an ordeal of sorts, but feeling better than I was.. thanks.

Damn Thomas,....Really sorry to hear you went through this. I thought I remember you mentioning that you were dealing with Diverticulitis, at one time here on the forums. Wishing you a very speedy recovery on all this.
I am sure it was a very difficult time for you.

I've only known one a person dealing with Diverticulitis, and he was in his 80's and was doing well with dietary control.

Take care -- Ray 

I've been dealing with it since 1998.  It comes and goes, but the last 3 years have been bad.  I picked a wrong time for it to take a turn for the worse.  Lack of beds in the hospital due to Covid had me waiting for 8 days to get treatment, and the infection only got worse.  I take my meds and they come out the same way they went in oddly... I know too much information lol.  Today wasn't especially terrible...  sitting here enjoying a hearty bowl of beef broth.  Sucks.  I want some fried fish, grits, and collard greens...  Hopefully by Christmas.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2023, 03:20:16 am »

Hello, it's been a really long time. 

I am not sure any of my old buddies frequent these parts too much anymore.  Just wanted to give everyone a shoutout, hello, etc.. 

Skeebs

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2023, 05:12:42 pm »
hey Thomas,

I am still hanging around, but not that active anymore. Hope you are doing well.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline BubbaPat

• Bubba hugs!
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2023, 03:19:53 pm »
I've been off and on since 2006.  Do I count??

Bubba hugs!
Bubba hugs!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.