Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:34:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 704
Total: 704

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: risk?????  (Read 2493 times)

Offline reallypanicking

• Standard
risk?????
« on: August 02, 2015, 08:39:10 am »
hello everyone i am really hoping to get your help on this....yesterday i met an old friend of mine,she had been away from home for a long time and i was so happy to see her ..this friend of mine was born h hiv+ ...when i saw her she was doing the dishes so she coudnt give me a handshake but rather offered me her arm and i shook her arm i had not noticed that she had eczema or zits i dont know what they are called but they look like big rashes and they were bleeding ...i only noticed that after i took out my phone from my pocket and realised that my fingers and under my fingers nails had blood (i  have a habbit of biting nails until there is only flesh showing) on them i asked her about it and she said they are always there now my real concern is about 10-15 mins prior to this i had pricked my finger with a safety pin and had bled a little bit and then stopped i hadnt thought much about it until when i realised that i had fresh blood on my prick i called my doc and he thinks its a risk though its just a little risk..please do you think i need PEP help me i am  really panicking ...is a prick wound considered a point of entry for the virus...thank you in advance for your help

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
Re: risk?????
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 08:50:45 am »
You can relax as you never had a risk.  HIV does not survive outside the body, where changes in temperature, pH and moisture levels, damage HIV leaving it unable to infect.  You would need to have a very deep tissue wound, that would be bleeding profusely to have even a slight risk.  The risk from HIV is from unprotected intercourse and not from the casual contact you are worried about.

You have not had even the slightest risk and you do not need PEP or to test over this incident.

Joe

Offline reallypanicking

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 09:00:18 am »
ohhh my word!!!really ??thank you very much for the assuarance i am really grateful..i was really stressed out since her rashes were actively bleeding and my prick was fresh...please one more question if its not too much to ask..how come a prick is not considered a point of entry for the virus?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 09:03:30 am »
As long as you use condoms for anal and vaginal sex and never share IV drug rigs with an infected person you will avoid HIV .

It sounds simple but its true so read it again … its just that easy to avoid HIV.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline reallypanicking

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 05:42:57 am »
hello guys um here with another question...yesterday my boyfriend held a drink up party and got into a fight with another guy and he sustained cuts on the hands but didnt tell me about it approximately 3-5mins after the fight we had oral sex he fingered me for long time with the fingers that had cuts on them and we tried having sex for the first time and i made him wear a condom but it waas so painful for me he tried about four times but i told him to stop i am almost certain i wasnt penetrated but after the fourth attempt i touched his penis and it had no condom so i knew he took it off when je was trying to enter me ,today when we woke up we sat outside holding hands thats when i realised his fingers had bloody cuts and the cuts were so red and he told me he was hurt during the fight and i freaked out now my questions are
1 him pushing his penis on my vagina entrance is it a risk
2 his possibly bleeding cuts in my vagina is it a
 risk
3 i had bumped my nail in the wall and had bled then i gave him a handjob with the same hand is it a risk

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 06:17:38 am »
As long as you use condoms for anal and vaginal sex and never share IV drug rigs with an infected person you will avoid HIV .

It sounds simple but its true so read it again … its just that easy to avoid HIV.

Joe

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.