Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:42:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773197
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 518
Total: 519

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Looking for some opinions  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Texan38

Looking for some opinions
« on: March 30, 2010, 06:49:37 pm »
I found a web site promoting a medication called, "Eredicane" which helps reduce facial blushing. Now, normally I wouldn't think about this kind of medication BUT I seriously do blush....and it does hold me back from going out or doing things with a group of people, mainly for the fear of blushing in public...yes, I'm that bad. I laugh, I turn red. I turn red when other people tell a dirty joke and attention is brought to me because I'm red....even though I don't say a word! Any kind of attention, I turn beet red. So, I always stay quiet and just observe.
I seriously hate it.  It bothers me so much. I'm at the point of wanting to try this drug just to see if it really works....but I also hesitate because one just can't believe everything that's on the internet....and it also requires a credit card. Plus, I need to do some further investigation about how this drug could interfere or have an effect with the meds I'm taking.
This might sound silly to some but to me....blushing really is dibilitating. Again, YES, I really am that bad. I'm at the point of risking buying this drug but I resist.
I feel myself blushing now because I'm embarrassed typing this!.... :-[

I appreciate opinions.
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Re: Looking for some opinions
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 07:02:35 pm »
Blushing for you is natural, anything to eradicate that part of who you are wouldn't be natural, and could possibly effect the HIV drugs.  I would recommend you leave the drug on the shelf, and get some friends that don't think your blushing is a fault.  Gee, I think it is cute, so to each his/her own.  Really, please don't fuck with your blushing, it really is cute and adorable.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 07:09:18 pm »
Dear Mark,

I would have never guessed that you blush... but, I have opinions (basic) and am willing to share: 1. discuss with your HIV doc 2. Discuss with your Pharmacist.  3.  Get a nice foundation, a little mascara and maybe a little black dress and you will be good as new   ;D  Have the best day
Michael 

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 07:22:40 pm »
Sounds like alt.med snake oil, this stuff.

The main ingredient is Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) which an inhibitory neurotransmitter. It contains other stuff like valerian, which is commonly used in herbal remedies to promote sleep, so my guess is some sort of hypnotic or calmative effect is the idea behind it.

It's not approved by the FDA and I can't find anything persuasive about it. Lots of "testimonials" out there on teh netz - which should make one suspicious.

As others have said, check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking this preparation.

MtD

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 07:40:21 pm »
Hi,

I am not sure how a drug/substance can control blushing,  but I remember when you first posted about it here:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=26259.0( Hope this link doesn't make you blush!  ;)

I still blush !!  I just take it as being a part of my life. Although, the older I get , the less I seem to do it.

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 08:21:39 pm »
This might sound silly to some but to me....blushing really is dibilitating. Again, YES, I really am that bad. I'm at the point of risking buying this drug but I resist.
I can not see how it is dibilitating but I can imagine the fear and the embarrassment of it all.  I myself have a nack to self -medicate and I can see why you would want to try it.   I hope it works but it might be a waste of money.  I would try the local vitamin shop to see if they have something to help the reddness.  If you can't go in person try calling.  I wonder if you tried asking your doctor who specialies in blushing skin?  Here is another website that speaks on the same subject:

http://www.hyperhidrosis-usa.com/facial_blushing.html?source=overture&kw=blushingstop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 08:58:57 pm »
Dont be embarressed. If this is affecting your life to the point of not socializing then yes, you should address it.

I dont know anything about the medicine, but you need to be very wary. not only for the fact that the efficacy may not be established, but also for the fact that you need to be very wary of providing your CC for the purchase. It is very easy for a company to lock you into a "monthly supply" and charge your CC every month, it can be a surprise you were not expecting.

I too blush very easily and have had people say "OMg, look at how red he is", etc... which only makes it worse, to the point of having my ears actually burning because they were so red. It used to bother me, but it doesnt any more. I think I just learned to embrace it.

If you step back for a moment and examine the whole situation you realize that the people are not "trying" to make fun of you but are merely pointing out a cute trait that you have. It's not like you have a penis hanging off your forehead (in which case people WOULD be making fun of you), it's more of an adorable observation. Which is not a bad thing. embrace it! I find it very sexy and cute when others blush. Not only that, but do you really think these people are going to be thinking about your blushing 2 or 3 hours down the road, or 15 minutes for that matter? No. It is a non-issue for them

I think you are too fixated on this. which in turn only makes things worse. Try this, one night plan on going out and hanging with some friends. Tell yourself that you will not worry about it if you blush, if you feel yourself start to blush mentally acknowledge it and move on, try not to dwell on it. If someone comments on it, then own it and say "yes, I blush very easily" make a joke out of it "Yeah, lol, I blush when the wind blows", LOL" everyone will have a good laugh and conversation will soon move to something else.

Another tip, If you feel yourself starting to blush, and laughter is appropriate in the situation, break out into a hearty bending-over type of laugh, it helpes to disguise it because most everyone blushes when they have a good hearty laugh

Also, blushing is very noticable on light skinned people. If this is you, try getting some sun on your face, it will disguise the extreme redness, barring that use a facial toner (Clinique for Men Non Streak Bronzer is excellent)

Good luck
-Will

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:07:14 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Texan38

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 12:28:00 am »
Thank you guys for your opinions and information. Not only did some comments made me laugh but they also, most certainly, made me feel a little warm....can't help it.
I guess "debilitating" is to strong of a word but to be honest, that's how I truly feel.  I don't socialize because of this. I'm usually the quiet one.  I only listen but when any attention is thrown my way ~  :-[ ~ BIG TIME! So to avoid that situation, I simply don't socialize. I've become a hermit of sorts.

<deep sigh>

I guess it's so easy to think that simply taking a pill will take away any problem, that's just wishful thinking....and I know it won't go away so easily.  I really do hate this but this is something I need to work on.  I'm not going to buy that medication...it's just too risky although I will mention this to my doctor when I see her again in two months.

Getting some sun is a good idea....although I don't tan, I burn....hey, but since I'll be red anyway, who'll notice the difference!  ;)

Thanks again guys.
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.