Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:48:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 384
Total: 387

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Am I infected?  (Read 3732 times)

Offline nolanchris2345

• Standard
Am I infected?
« on: July 03, 2016, 03:53:41 pm »
Hi,

I need your help and guidance. I am a gay guy and last week, I met a guy where we had some fun. It was mainly deep kissing, genital rubbing, body play and he sucked me for maximum 5-7 sec because I am not into it. After that I asked him not to do it and we kissed and made body love (there was no anal sex). I don't know his HIV status though he said he is clean. I met him today again(only met) where he said that he is clean and i should not be worried about it. I am feeling itchy skin though with a few pimples. Is there any concern for me and should I get tested for this? I am very much freaking out now. Should I get tested? Need your guidance.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Am I infected?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 04:01:30 pm »
Hi

His status is not important and does not matter, it simple nothing you mentioned was a risk for HIV transmission.

I don't know his HIV status though he said he is clean. I met him today again(only met) where he said that he is clean

I am living with HIV and I am very clean BTW.

Should I get tested? Need your guidance.

My advice is that you put this behind you and move on, continue to practicing safer sex ,and use condoms for any intercourse no exceptions. Get tested at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions. As you are sexually active, it is highly recommended that you get a full sexual health check-up / screening at least annually including but not limited to hiv testing.

Remember that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's. So please do get fully tested regularly for all STI's including HIV and more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs. Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Finally use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, to avoid sexually transmitted hiv infection.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 04:05:45 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline nolanchris2345

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 10:41:16 am »
Hi,

I need your help and guidance. I am a gay guy and 3 months back, I met a guy where we had some fun. It was mainly deep kissing, genital rubbing, body play and he sucked me for maximum 5-7 sec because I am not into it. After that I asked him not to do it and we kissed and made body love (there was no anal sex). I don't know his HIV status though he said he is healthy. However, I got a few pimples on my face which got reduced by time.

Also I met a guy yesterday who was tested 2 months ago as negative and he mentioned that he last encounter he has was a year ago only. We passionately kissed and rubbed full body. However, I got a cut on my mouth and today morning I am having swollen bumps under my tongue. Do you feel any of the above given cases are concerning for me and should I get tested for this? I am very much freaking out now. Should I get tested? Need your guidance.

Thanks

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 11:18:20 am »
Neither incident in which you were involved presents a viable risk of HIV infection:  no need to test for HIV antibodies because of them, end of story.

Oral sex of the type in which you briefly engaged (receiving) has never been documented as a viable mode of HIV transmission.  However, unprotected oral sex may facilitate transmission of other STD's/STI's.

Symptoms are virtually meaningless in determining whether an individual has contracted the HIV, since symptoms, if they occur at all, vary widely from person to person.  Symptoms also, if they occur, do not occur overnight.

You may wish to familiarize yourself with the proven routes of HIV transmission in order that, in future, you do not cause yourself any unnecessary anxiety:

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/estimates/riskbehaviors.html

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline nolanchris2345

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 03:33:18 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I got myself tested last December and result was negative. After that I was again involved with a guy ( Cuddlling only, no sucking). For the last five-six months, I am totally inactive. I was wondering if I should get tested again for hiv or STDs given my involvement in all the previous cases last year. I have not developed any STD symptoms anytime over the year. I am worried about any diseases I may have contracted and which have not yet shown any symptom anytime till now. Are STDs other than hiv life threatening? My apologies for these naive questions but it's bothering me for some time now. So thought of asking you. Thanks..

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 10:14:57 pm »
Hepatitis killed more people than HIV in 2015 as example, other STI's untreated can cause permanent damage and are often symptom-less at first.

If all you have been doing is cuddling its certainly no HIV risk, the test you took in Dec conclusively reflected you status in October.

My advice however is get fully tested regularly for all STI's including HIV. Its such an important part of your health and simply not worth ignoring or skipping.

Jim

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline nolanchris2345

• Standard
Extremely anxious, please help!!
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 02:16:55 pm »
Hi,

I have been going out with a guy for last 3-4 weeks which has developed into something good. However, last night I had sex with him where we sucked each other and I fucked him using condom. He also tried fucking me but it was without condom. He tried inserting which I asked him to stop since it was not comfortable with me. Now I am very anxious about last night. We discussed everything about it where he mentioned he tested negative with all STDs and HIV in September 2017. He has not been indulged in any fucking encounters with anyone after that, though he has sucked few guys around January 2018. He did not show any symptoms of any STDs till today and hence his doctor advised him he is all right and need not test. I have myself done this whole sucking and fucking thing first time. I was tested for all STDs/HIV negative in July/Aug 2017 after which this was my first encounter.

I know I should get tested for HIV and all STDs after 4 weeks period which I will do definitely but should I start on prep now since he tried inserting me without a condom which is risky. He is also bit worried about this thing but he is not worried about HIV as he says he has done no fucking since last 2 years, and whenever he did he did with a condom. I am very much freaking out now and not able to concentrate on anything. Looking for your advise. What should be my next steps. I feel very dark now.

Thanks!!

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
Re: Extremely anxious, please help!!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 03:49:56 pm »
Firstly, please don't attempt to set up duplicate accounts:  not cool.

Nothing from your post indicates that you are at risk for HIV-infection. 

Receiving and giving unprotected oral sex is not a risk for HIV infection, but could be a risk for other STD's/STI's.

You actively participated in protected anal sex, so that is not a risk.

Your partner "trying" engage you in passive, unprotected anal sex is not a risk if he only tried:  close, but no cigar, as the old saw goes.

If he did not enter you, you are not at risk.

Many experts recommend that testing for HIV-antibodies be conducted six weeks after potential exposure, then at 13 weeks past for confirmation of the six week results.

I presume you mean PEP, not PrEP.  I doubt a healthcare provider would prescribe PEP to you because someone tried to enter you.

Discuss the possibility of PrEP with your healthcare provider, move on with your life, and continue to engage in safer-sex activities.

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline nolanchris2345

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 10:40:15 pm »
Thanks for your response. I just talked to my partner again and he mentioned he was inside me. Now I am freaking that's a possible case for exposure. Though he says he is healthy from hiv perspective and I need not to worry. What should I do from here. Should I see a doctor and get Pep. I am very frustated now. If he is right and clean, do I need to be stressed this much. I am not sure what to do or think. please help me.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 10:47:14 pm by nolanchris2345 »

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 11:29:43 pm »
If your partner is of unknown status and he were, indeed, inside you without protection, your are at risk of potential exposure to the HIV.

Whether you are prescribed a PEP regimen is up to you and your healthcare provider, who would need to prescribe to you the PEP regimen.

That is your decision, based on the facts as you know them and how those facts may relate to your peace of mind, etc.

Regardless, if your partner of unknown status engaged in unprotected anal sex with you, you should test for HIV-antibodies six weeks after the incident, then at 13 weeks past for confirmation of the six week results.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.