Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:56:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 504
Total: 507

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dr. Serra/Philip Greever  (Read 10562 times)

Offline bobino

Dr. Serra/Philip Greever
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:56:03 am »

I am trying to arrange to see Dr. Serra in Rio for PMMA treatment.  I e-mailed him and got a brief response.  Shortly thereafter, I got an e-mail from a guy named Philip Greever, who appears to live in Argentina.  He says he coordinates trips to Rio on Dr. Serra's behalf.  He asked me to send him photos of myself, which he said he would keep confidential.

Because I was reluctant to send pictures of myself to someone I've never heard of, I responded to him asking if he could prove he's associated with Dr. Serra.  (Dr. Serra's e-mail to me said nothing about a Philip Greever.)  I haven't heard back from the guy since. 

Do any of you who have seen Dr. Serra know who this guy is?  Is he legit?  I'm kind of assuming that he is, because if he's not working with Dr. Serra, I have no idea how he'd have gotten my e-mail address AND known that I was interested in PMMA treatment with the doctor.  Still, I'd like to get some confirmation here if I could.  Can anyone give me any info?

Thanks much,

John
Suivons les rivières
Gardons les torrents
Restons en colère
Soyons vigilants

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
Re: Dr. Serra/Philip Greever
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 02:19:53 am »
Hi John,

maybe this is "philipba", who is a member here and has posted a few times about these trips to south america (could this be called "lipotourism"  ? :D).

hope it helps,

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline hartiepie

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 07:44:58 am »
I've worked with both of them and Philip is cool. I have not ever had any troubles.

He works through http://www.aestheticargentina.org/index.php

He and Dr Serra work closely together. Philip is legit.

edited to add: I am seeing them both in a few days. You can PM me with anything you want me to mention to them ....
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 07:59:15 am by hartiepie »

Offline paintkansas40

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 07:21:16 pm »
   I too consulted Philip when arranging my appointments with Dr. Serra in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. Philip was instrumental in my final decision to see Dr. Serra. Gentle convincing and information over a period of 8 months prior to my visit, and invaluable information about a great, inexpensive hotel, on the beach. An email prior to departing gave detailed instructions for getting from the Airport to the Hotel, and advice about money changing and safety. Once at the hotel he introduced me to several other people in the Rio Lipo Group and, set up a perfectly timed, sunny day tour of the Christ statue. The next day he accompanied the group to the doctors office and helped us get through the first procedure. He continued throughout to be helpful and informed about all things Rio, and continued to accompany us to appointments. Without Philip's guidance, I am positive I wouldn't have done this on my own. It was a wonderful experience overall . I wholeheartedly recommend accepting Philip's help.  :) S.

Offline bobino

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 09:41:05 pm »

Thanks to all of you for your helpful responses.  I actually received an e-mail from Dr. Serra today confirming that Philip does, indeed, work with him.  Sorry if I seemed like a "nervous Nelly."
Suivons les rivières
Gardons les torrents
Restons en colère
Soyons vigilants

Offline Pepino2

• Facial wasting need not be...Teach PMMA!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 10:51:01 pm »
I met Dr. Serra in November 2007 and had my first treatment done.  I exeperienced first hand Marcio's incredible "collegiate" approach in teaching all he has learned to others within his profession.  A "student" was present during my treatment ....actually she owns the clinic where Dr. Serra operates out of SP. She is a very experienced doctor, but was has mostly a women based clientele....

The bottom line is that Dr. Serra MUST teach his skill.  I know we all want to have the teacher treat us....but honestly...there are too many of us.  Knowing that a Dr. is referenced by Dr. Serra would, from my experience, be sufficient.  Dr. Serra's integrity is 100%.

I know its tough to accept that there will soon be others (other than Dr. Serra or Tjiuana clinic) who will soon be proficient in these techniques....but it is a fact.

I am happy that Dr. Serra responded to you and confirmed Mr. Greever as a reference.  In the end, thats the bottom line.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.