Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:05:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772952
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 485
Total: 487

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: anxious guy  (Read 7336 times)

Offline anxiousguy

anxious guy
« on: July 15, 2012, 09:36:23 pm »
Hi there! First of all I would like to thank you guys for answering all the queries of anxious people like me. My story is this: last February or early March, I was involved in unprotected sex(?) with a bar girl here in the Philippines. I was so drunk that time and I dont know what exactly happened however, she was on top of me and tried to insert my penis in her vagina but my penis wasnt erected maybe because of being drunk so She was on top of me and started to rubbed her vagina in my penis. What I can remember is that there are lot of vaginal fluids coming of her and I think she somehow "slid"my penis in her(maybe like for 5 seconds)(sorry I really cant remember if i went in her) my problem is that what if I inserted my un-erected penis in her and got the virus? I have braces in my teeth and we did french kissing. she was very rough when she was on top of me and I ejaculated after(outside her vagina). I was tested negative after 7-8 weeks or 9-10 weeks for HIV and Negative for syphilis/UTI as well. For symptoms I had rashes in the sole of my palms and toes (more like eczema) and my finger were itchy. I even had 1 night of chills but not that "strong" and every morning for a week, my bowel is loose. I also experience malaise and tiredness and stuff. I also have pain in the urethra when im peeing and I found yellow drops of stains in my underwear at times. I sometimes feel to urinate at night but there are no or little pee that comes out.(although I know that we cant base HIV thru symptoms alone) I am very worried,please help. Thanks!

note: I did not experience the symptoms all at the same time except for slight pain when urinating and yellow drops of pus(not the typical discharge) that stain my underwear.

Offline RapidRod

Re: anxious guy
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 09:43:01 pm »
For HIV transmission to take place it requires unprotected "penetrative" anal or vaginal sex. HIV is not transmittied by rubbing and grinding.

Offline anxiousguy

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 09:48:56 pm »
Thanks RapiRod!

What do you think of my symptoms? could it be like other STIs like Chlamydia or Clap? I am afraid to have a re-testing for HIV because of worrying that the results will come out positive. if ever I inserted my half or 1/4 erected penis on her,what are the odds of acquiring the virus?

Thanks for your help and TIA for others who will comment on this thread.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 09:52:47 pm »
This forum is HIV specific.

Offline anxiousguy

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 10:19:43 pm »
ic. Would you suggest that I should be re-tested? thanks!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 12:24:16 am »
ic. Would you suggest that I should be re-tested? thanks!

You had no risk for HIV.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline anxiousguy

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 02:46:51 am »
Thanks JK!

Im in so much anxiety for the past 4 months and I don know what to do.

Sorry for asking this again: What if she "slid"my penis in her vagina during the rubbing and grinding? but my penis was not 100% erected i guess so because i was so drunk at that time. Please enlighten me with this. very nervous man here.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 08:42:14 am »
There is nothing in anyway HIV specific about your symptoms. If they persist you should discuss them with your doctor.

There's a very simple solution to your concerns about HIV. From what you have described I think it's unlikely that you had even brief actual insertion with the woman, but since you are uncertain as to what actually happened, just get tested again. It's strictly for your peace of mind if you do it, because with your previous negative result I don't see you getting anything other than another negative result.

In the future you need to avoid mixing having casual sex with excessive drinking. As you have learned it clouds the mind and leaves you open to careless behavior.

I don't see yours as an HIV situation.

Andy Velez

Offline anxiousguy

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 08:08:51 pm »
Thanks Andy,JK.. Goodbye! you guys are like angels to most of us here. God bless you all and your families! Im gonna focus more on my family and my job and I WILL NOT do stupid things ever! Thanks so much!

Offline anxiousguy

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 12:09:21 am »
Im just wonderin, why my post regarding VITILIGO deleted. Im just asking if vitiligo can affect HIV test. I have heard that it is some kind off immune disease right? Please have a time to answer my queries.
Is Vitiligo a symptom of HIV?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 12:13:08 am »
Vitiligo, has nothing to do with HIV and it wouldnt have an effect on the HIV tests.

Offline anxiousguy

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 01:15:52 am »
Thank you Rod!   :)

Offline anxiousguy

ARS SYMPTOMS
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 10:14:19 pm »
Hi guys! I just want to ask something not related to my old post. Let say a person experienced "symptoms"of hiv like flu like symptoms, white tongue,diarrhea every morning for a week, Itchy body,Itchy palms and soles and foul smelling urine and had yellow pus like stains (not the typical discharge though) will that person test positive after 6 weeks of experiencing all of the symptoms above? to put the question in a lay man's term, after experiencing ARS, will the person test positive? Thanks!

Offline RapidRod

Re: ARS SYMPTOMS
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 10:15:28 pm »
■Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.

■If you cannot find your thread, click on the "Show own posts" link in the left-hand column of any forum page, under your name.

Offline anxiousguy

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 10:25:48 pm »
Hi guys! I just want to ask something not related to my old post. Let say a person experienced "symptoms"of hiv like flu like symptoms, white tongue,diarrhea every morning for a week, Itchy body,Itchy palms and soles and foul smelling urine and had yellow pus like stains (not the typical discharge though) will that person test positive after 6 weeks of experiencing all of the symptoms above? to put the question in a lay man's term, after experiencing ARS, will the person test positive? Thanks!

Offline anxiousguy

Re: ARS SYMPTOMS
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 10:27:24 pm »
Sorry sir, I just posted it on my original thread. Thanks. I hope that I can get some answers.thanks again!

Offline anxiousguy

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 11:27:33 pm »
please answer. Thanks!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 01:05:22 am »
Symptoms mean nothing as regards HIV infection.

This site is for risk assessment.

Your risk has been assessed. As in, you have been told you have not been at risk for HIV.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline anxiousguy

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 02:48:44 am »
thanks JK I got you there but what im trying to point out is that IF the symptoms a person is experiencing is related to HIV and got tested after ARS, will/can HIV tests detect it?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 08:48:19 am »
Stop with the what ifs and making this situation more complicated than it needs to be.

You didn't have a risk. Go ahead and get tested if you must for your peace of mind just to collect the inevitable negative result.

I can tell you now that we are not going to indulge you in more back and forths about a non-risk situation. If you continue to come back here you are going to find yourself getting a Time Out from the site.

Consider yourself warned. HIV is not your problem. 
Andy Velez

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 10:26:07 am »
...and I have merged your threads here. This is the only thread you should be using.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 03:33:57 pm »

Itchy body,Itchy palms and soles and foul smelling urine and had yellow pus like stains (not the typical discharge though)

The above are not symptoms of hiv. They can be, however, symptoms of other STIs. Go see a doctor.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline anxiousguy

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 03:47:59 am »
Thanks guys. Maybe this is just guilt of having an affair with another woman. Ann, I am enlightened that the symptoms I experienced was not related to hiv however, let say THAT symptoms I experienced are hiv related, will the test detect it after 6 weeks of experiencing all the symptoms?  sorry if I made scratch your heads...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 06:32:56 am »
anxious,

The symptoms of seroconversion that some (not all) people experience are not due to the virus itself. They are due to the process the body goes through while producing antibodies. So yes, if your symptoms had anything to do with hiv, you would have tested positive six weeks after the symptoms.

You did not have a risk for hiv infection, remember?

However, the rubbing you engaged in put you at risk for other, much more easily transmitted STIs. Go see a doctor.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline anxiousguy

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 03:18:34 am »
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it... God bless you and all of the people here in this site. Bye guys! :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.