Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:48:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 197
Total: 197

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: it just gets so frustrating.  (Read 4879 times)

Offline j^^

it just gets so frustrating.
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:31:22 pm »
just when you found the courage to tell your bestfriend about your situation, the next day, she tells you, "hey bud, i'm leaving in a few weeks time to go work in another country".

its been roughly a year since i got infected and it was really hard for me to cope with it. at least she gave me some glimmer of hope. she was the only reason why i was able to fight my depression and anxiety attacks. and now i'll be left to battle it out on my own again. i'm just so f*ck*n tired of crying every night. you know the feeling when you just want to end it all up?? that's how i really feel now.

Sorry i just need to let some steam out.

=(

I have sexdaily. errr dyslexia.

Offline 47DegreesNorth

Re: it just gets so frustrating.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 04:34:55 am »
Don't let it get you down. :(
I know, I totally understand your frustration.  I feel this way a lot as well but you gotta keep moving forward. It's not the end of the world. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and things will be okay. Maybe one day soon a cure will even come out and this would be a thing of the past. If not though, there are lot's of treatments and we are in a time where it can be treated as a chronic condition.

I know there isn't much I can say to make you feel better... but I'm just gonna say there are lot's of people out there just like you feeling the same way. So you're not alone.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 11:00:24 pm »
just when you found the courage to tell your bestfriend about your situation, the next day, she tells you, "hey bud, i'm leaving in a few weeks time to go work in another country".

its been roughly a year since i got infected and it was really hard for me to cope with it. at least she gave me some glimmer of hope. she was the only reason why i was able to fight my depression and anxiety attacks. and now i'll be left to battle it out on my own again. i'm just so f*ck*n tired of crying every night. you know the feeling when you just want to end it all up?? that's how i really feel now.

Sorry i just need to let some steam out.

=(

If you're crying all the time and feeling like you "just want to end it all" you should seek medical advice. Depression is very common amongst our kind and very treatable.

You don't have to feel this way.

:)

MtD

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 02:50:33 am »
I'm sorry you're dealing with all this.  Like Matty said, you should seek out care.  I've not been in the deep depression you describe yourself being in, but I do have depression issues and have had bad anxiety.  I was half-assing treating it.  I'm now seeing a good therapist regularly and getting back on a depression med.  I realize I have someone to be there for me, so I won't pretend to know what it is like to go it alone.   

I wish you all the best.  When you're feeling down or having bad anxiety, reach out to us here for support.  But, definitely seek out care from a professional to treat the depression and anxiety.     

Offline Torchwood

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 11:10:14 am »
First off, I am not going to trivialize this situation by making a joke here but I feel that this is utterly true.

Better living through chemistry.

All of us are on or going to be on meds for the rest of our lives. What is another pill to make you feel better mentally? At the least it should help you cope better to the point of being able to seek out a local support group.
Discovered 4/2006
VL: 1600
CD4: 1005
Started Complera 10/2011
VL: 48,500
CD4: 570
1/17/12
VL: Undetectable
CD4: 890
4/12
CD4: 895
11/12
CD4: 1193
4/12
CD4: 1461
11/13
CD4: 1273
5/14
CD4: 1788
11/14
CD4: 1532
5/30/15
CD4: 1313
VL: HIV-1 RNA Detected: < 40 copies/mL of plasma.

Offline Buckeyerob75

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 08:23:03 pm »
j- I'm just starting to deal with this issue but I'm finding better luck with other poz guys as far as an serious dating is concerned. Strangely there are plenty of negative guys who don't seem to care if it's sex but haven't met too many that want to date.

I'm with Torchwood on this one- I've taken Effexor for the last 5 years and even though I was just diagnosised January 2012 I'm going to stay on Effexor. I've tried so many other things and this just works so well it's dumb to change it now. I'd be a raving lunatic without my 'crazy pills' (as I call them myself) lol You have to laugh where you can or you'll be crying... that's my philospohy anyway.

I'm looking at all these pills wondering WTF I'm doing but it takes me aback a little less each day.  ;)
6/2011- Tested Negative
1/2012- Tested Positive- CD4 180/VL 105,000
4/2012- CD4- 129/VL 29,000
4/2102- Started Atripla
11/2012- CD4- 157/VL 40

Offline MommieDammit

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 10:27:34 am »
J - dealing with HIV and AIDS is hard under the best of circumstances, and after living with my uninvited guest for over 20 years I know that better than anybody. However, I would urge caution and common sense before you go adding yet another pill to your regimen. First of all, ask yourself a few questions: Were you prone to depression before HIV?, Did you face deep depression cycles before getting settled into your med-regimen?, Are there any - and I mean ANY - psychotic side-effects to your HIV meds (Sustiva is notorious). Next, discuss your depression with a good clinical psychiatrist - it may turn out that it is "behavioral" and not "chemical" in nature, in other words its based on the impact of your diagnosis and not a chemical imbalance.
Frustration with our circumstances as HIV+ people is perfectly natural. But being broken down beyond our ability to cope is not. Back in the Bronze Age, when I was first diagnosed, I had my own fight with my demons. It was ugly, and I didn't think I'd ever learn to take my life back. And then I made the decision just to do it. I own my life, I am not a victim, and I - not some damned disease - determine my fate.
OK, so I'm a hard-assed stubborn bitch who doesn't know when to shut up. Meh! I didn't get the moniker of "Mommie Dammit" for being a Faye Dunaway fan. I will also be the first to tell you that what worked for me may not, and probably won't, work for you. We are all unique individuals - physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually - and we each have to discover the steps that lead us on the road of recovery.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.