Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:34:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 349
Total: 350

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: George Michael cuts HIV interview  (Read 21298 times)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Re: George Michael cuts HIV interview
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2007, 03:17:46 pm »
Just to think that I know 2 celebrities here...Ann and Emma...I wish I could see the show you guys are talking about. I am curious though, Emma, is the coffin in the living room a statement of some sort? I think it is cute that you are storing lps in it for now or do you wish to be buried with them? I applaud both you ladies for being out there the way you are.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2007, 06:21:03 pm »
BBC2 (which we have here in Holland) has had promos about "HIV & Me" (Fry's docu) all week, although without a specific date, just "coming soon" so I expect it will be on in 2-3 weeks. The promo starts with "the forgotten disease... 70,000 in the UK, 40 million worldwide", they show an AIDS patient who says he will not make it to the next year. Just even watching the promo, it is very very sad. I will really try not to miss it.
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Tempeboy

• Like St Francis of Assisi I am wedded to Poverty
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2007, 09:31:32 pm »
Let's not forget that 1992 was fifteen years ago.

As the song goes, "what have you done for me lately?"

Here is a list of charities that GM is involved with, from his website.

Rhys Daniels Trust
The aim of the Rhys Daniels Trust is to provide 'Home from Home' care in support of major hospitals across the UK as a perfect environment for children and their families at such a stressful time.

Capital Radio - Help A London Child
Help a London Child (HALC) was launched in 1975 to provide financial support to projects working with London?s less advantaged children. The appeal has come a long way from the ?8,000 raised in its first year.

Outline
Outline is a registered charity run by volunteers advising, befriending and supporting Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and those questioning their sexuality in the strictest confidence.

Outcome
Outcome are a Drop-In/day centre run by lesbians and gay men for LGB people who are current or former users of mental health services, or who feel that it's services will help them deal with isolation, depression or other mental distress.

Jubilee Action
Jubilee Action is an international human rights charity, dedicated to protecting children at risk, defending persecuted Christians and combating poverty. Jubille Action work across four continents with indigenous partners facilitating crucial humanitarian work as well as investment for job creation within poor communities. Their vision is to be instrumental in changing the lives of those who suffer unjustly.

As a Christian organisation, they hope to embody the values of justice, hope, compassion and integrity in order to help people in desperate need.

N.Worcs Bereavement Trust
Every evening of the year (no exceptions!) the N. Worcs Bereavement Trust Freephone Helplines are staffed between 6.00pm and 10.00pm to 'Lend a sympathetic listening ear' to anyone suffering the anguish and pain that can follow the death of a loved relation or friend.

They also act as a catalyst and give support to local Authorities in establishing 'Children And Baby Gardens' in public cemeteries.

Healing Circle Holistic / Alternative Therapy For HIV/Aids
Healing Circle a broad range of holistic therapies to people living with HIV including acupuncture, aromatherapy, homeopathy, massage, shiatsu and many others. Therapies are provided at a number of centres around London.

Macmillan Cancer Support
Macmillan Cancer Relief is a UK charity that works to improve the quality of life for people living with cancer.

Macmillan offers life support by providing the expert care and practical support that makes a real difference to people living with cancer. We offer a range of innovative cancer services and are at the heart of improving cancer care throughout the UK.

Positive Nation Magazine
Positive Nation is the UK's HIV and sexual health magazine. It is published by the UKC - the UK Coalition of People Living with HIV and AIDS.
The print edition of the magazine is FREE to anyone living with HIV/AIDS in the UK.

Rainbow Trust Childrens Charity
The Rainbow Trust Children's Charity cares for children with a life threatening or terminal illness, and their families. Practical and emotional support is offered from diagnosis through to and following bereavement, both within the family home, and at their two respite centres in Surrey and Northumberland.

Thalassaemia Society
The United Kingdom Thalassaemia Society was formed in 1976 by parents of children suffering from Thalassaemia. The Society is registered with the Charities Commission and most of the work is carried out by volunteers.

Elton John Aids Foundation
The Elton John Aids Foundation's aiim is to provide national leadership and resources that will result in educational programs on the prevention of HIV/AIDS and the improvement of care for individuals living with HIV/AIDS.

Their mission is to provide funding for educational programs targeted at HIV/AIDS prevention and/or the elimination of prejudice and discrimination against HIV/AIDS-affected individuals, and for programs that provide services to people living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS.

Food Chain HIV/Aids (Meals On Wheels) Los Angeles
The mission of the Food Chain is to improve the health and well being of people living with HIV by alleviating hunger and malnutrition.

Food Chain volunteers prepare and deliver delicious, nutritionally balanced, individually tailored meals and groceries to people who, because of their illness, are housebound and unable to provide or prepare meals for themselves.

Gray Lab Cancer Research
The Gray Cancer Institute is a leading centre for research applied to cancer treatment, working in close collaboration with clinicians at Mount Vernon Hospital. It was originally a radiobiology research unit with its focus on radiotherapy, but research in tumour physiology has led to new initiatives in cancer chemotherapy and it is introducing new ways of exploiting modern molecular biology. Particular strengths include the translation of research into clinical trials, facilitated by a biostatistics research group, and the application of the latest developments in technology to further understanding of physical, chemical and biological factors important in cancer treatment.

CWAC - Children With Aids Charity

Children With AIDS Charity was set up to help the youngest of those affected or infected with HIV and AIDS. It is a national UK charity with the simple aim of working towards a future without prejudice for these children and their families.

St John's Hospice
St John And Elizabeth Hospice services now not only include facilities for in-patients but also for those who are able to attend as day patients. Day Hospice provides support and palliative care allowing patients to continue to live at home with their families. Many members of the public still see the Hospice as a place to die, some to the extent that they fear entering the doors! Whilst terminal care remains an important part of its life, many patients return to their homes after a successful period of palliative or respite care. This pattern reflects what is happening throughout Hospices up and down the country.

Crusaid
Crusaids aims are the relief of sickness and the protection and preservation of health, particulary in relation to Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and symptomatic infection with the HIV virus (HIV); the promotion for the public benefit of research (including the publication of the useful results of usch research) into medical science and treatment with particular references to AIDS and HIV; the relief of poverty amongst persons suffering from AIDS or HIV related illnesses

Red Hot And Dance
The Red Hot Organization is the leading international organization dedicated to fighting AIDS through pop culture.

Since 1989, Red Hot has produced fourteen groundbreaking albums, related television programs and media events incorporating the talents of leading performers, visual artists, producers and directors to raise funds and awareness for HIV and AIDS.

Terence Higgins Trust
The Terence Higgins Trust is the leading HIV and AIDS charity in the UK and the largest in Europe. It was one of the first charities to be set up in response to the HIV epidemic and has been at the forefront of the fight against HIV and AIDS ever since.

The charity was established in 1982, as The Terry Higgins Trust. Terry Higgins was one of the first people in the UK to die with AIDS. A group of his friends wanted to prevent more people having to face the same illness as Terry and named the Trust after him, hoping to personalise and humanise AIDS in a very public way.

London Lighthouse
London Lighthouse supports people infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS from a centre in West London and in their homes.

Childline
ChildLine is the UK's free, 24-hour helpline for children in distress or danger. Trained volunteer counsellors comfort, advise and protect children and young people who may feel they have nowhere else to turn.

Over 1,000 volunteers provide a counselling service, supervised by a team of professional supervisors and managers. Every day around 4,000 children call ChildLine, but lack of funds means that only 2,300 of them will get through to our counsellors for comfort, advice and protection.

Marie Curie Hospice (Hampstead)
Marie Curie Cancer Care is working tirelessly for you and your loved-ones by challenging the disease through its work in cancer care and research.
Every year the charity provides care to around 25,000 cancer patients and their families - entirely free of charge.

In the community, high-quality Marie Curie Nursing gives terminally ill people the choice of dying at home, supported by their families.

Barnardos for Young Gay and Lesbian People
Barnardo's works with the most vulnerable children and young people, helping them transform their lives and fulfil their potential. We are the UK's leading children's charity, supporting 100,000 children and their families through 361 services in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

They believe that the lives of all children should be free from poverty, abuse and discrimination. They use thier expertise and knowledge to campaign for better care for children and to champion the rights of every child.

Barnardo's helps children, young people and their families over the long term to overcome the most severe disadvantages - problems like abuse, homelessness and poverty - and to tackle the challenges of disability.

Swan Lifeline
Swan lifeline is a charity that is responsible for the rescuing, treatment and release of swans in Berkshire and the surrounding area. They care for up to 200 swans at any one time, which is the responsibility of their full-time Warden/Treatment Centre Coordinator who ensures the smooth running of the centre. All other tasks are carried out by volunteers.
Roughly roundabout somewhere in the eighteenth or nineteenth century, Sodomite begat Homosexual out of moral, medical and legal models, bequeathing him Identity, who inbred with Nuclear Family and Industrialism to spawn Homophobia.

Dean Kiley

Offline Poz Brit

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2007, 06:11:06 am »
The Stephem Fry Programme "HIV and Me" is scheduled to be run at 9pm Tuesday 2nd October on BBC 2.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2007, 11:48:13 am »
The Stephem Fry Programme "HIV and Me" is scheduled to be run at 9pm Tuesday 2nd October on BBC 2.

It will also be on the following Tuesday, October 9th. It's a two parter, one hour each night.

I got a letter from the BBC today, informing me that I do not actually appear on the program which will air on television. Instead, they've included my interview on their website. The website will go live on Tuesday, October 2nd. I wish they'd told me about this sooner, it would have saved me some unnecessary fretting. ::)

Potentially, the good news is that you'll all be able to watch the online video, no matter where you are in the world - if you've got a fast enough internet connection. On the flip-side, the potential bad news is that you'll all be able to watch the online video, no matter where you are in the world. ;D

Ann

PS - and Peter will be happy to know that the BBC is also nagging me to update my blog. ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2007, 02:16:45 pm »
Aww crap I'm out watching a football match next Tuesday night, I'll still be able to get a copy for those in the US though.  Looks promising this programme doesn't it Ann, I'm looking forward to watching it.  I'm hoping it's going to help with the stigma thats still quite prominent in the UK from what I've seen.

Chris
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2007, 02:19:26 pm »
Aww crap I'm out watching a football match next Tuesday night, Chris

You men, honestly! I just got off the phone with my partner. I told him the news about my interview appearing on the internet instead of the telly, and he said, "good, now I don't have to make excuses about why I'm watching Champion's League instead of BBC." Ratbag! ;D

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2007, 02:20:11 pm »

I got a letter from the BBC today, informing me that I do not actually appear on the program which will air on television. Instead, they've included my interview on their website. The website will go live on Tuesday, October 2nd. I wish they'd told me about this sooner, it would have saved me some unnecessary fretting. ::)

Oh, that's tired.  In the end exclusive of the unnecessary worry, do you prefer this or not?

I was just going to ask you how the anxiety levels were but I guess they're better now.  Typical though for that industry... you're on the chopping block floor or whatever that phrase is when you're edited out of something.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2007, 02:34:44 pm »
You men, honestly! I just got off the phone with my partner. I told him the news about my interview appearing on the internet instead of the telly, and he said, "good, now I don't have to make excuses about why I'm watching Champion's League instead of BBC." Ratbag! ;D

Ann

I would normally have sacrificed the football for something like this Ann but i've paid £35 for a ticket so I'm going.  I don't know why I'm going actually I went to the match against the same team last season and there was nearly a riot!

Chris
Diagnosed 11/05

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2007, 03:18:27 pm »
thank you Leather, for your post #8. that's what I meant

Offline komnaes

« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2007, 10:05:22 pm »
The website will go live on Tuesday, October 2nd.

Thanks Ann, do you have the link? Will they put the whole show online as well, or just parts/interviews?

Shaun
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2007, 06:11:39 am »
Oh, that's tired.  In the end exclusive of the unnecessary worry, do you prefer this or not?

I was just going to ask you how the anxiety levels were but I guess they're better now.  Typical though for that industry... you're on the chopping block floor or whatever that phrase is when you're edited out of something.

Hi Philly,

I have to admit I'm having mixed feelings about it. After spending the past six months steeling myself to face what ever reaction I get from my neighbours, I was actually starting to look forward to it. I was looking forward to having it over and done with, anyway.

In some ways, I suppose being on the website will give my story even greater exposure. If someone misses the telly program, well, they've missed it. The website can be viewed over and over and over again, for how ever long it remains live. ~shrug~ I'm not sure what to think.

The phrase you were looking for is "the cutting room floor". I'm not sure how long my segment will be, but I was told yesterday that I'd also be receiving a DVD of my whole, uncut interview. It will be interesting to compare the two.

I had to ring the producer (well, his assistant) yesterday to clarify the letter I received, because it read like I would be appearing in both mediums. However, I'll only be on the internet and I was chosen for this because of my connections to the internet (here) and my blog. You know, the blog I desperately need to update? ;D

Mr Fry read my last blog for the camera - the one from February about disclosure. I think this might be part of my segment. The producer asked me that day to read it, but I turned to Stephen and sweetly asked him to do it because he has such a wonderful speaking voice. He agreed and read it. LOL

I dunno. Like I say, I'm not quite sure how I feel about it mainly because I have so many conflicting feelings. I'm relieved on one hand, but disappointed on the other. I guess that's mainly because while appearing on telly would have been a totally new experience for me, appearing on the internet is old hat. ~shrug~ :)

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2007, 06:17:02 am »
I would normally have sacrificed the football for something like this Ann but i've paid £35 for a ticket so I'm going.  I don't know why I'm going actually I went to the match against the same team last season and there was nearly a riot!

Chris

Hi Chris,

I'll still be receiving DVDs of the two programs, so if you don't manage to tape it, let me know.

Ann
(who is a football widow)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2007, 06:39:35 am »
Thanks Ann, do you have the link? Will they put the whole show online as well, or just parts/interviews?

Shaun

The two hour-long television broadcasts will not be on the website, no. My interview is one of five that will appear on the website.

While they have some portions of the "HIV and Me" website up and running, the five interviews won't be added until next Tuesday. (allegedly - watch this space) It is accessable on the front page of the health section of the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/

Check out the back-to-front aids ribbon. ::)

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2007, 06:43:20 am »
Stephen Fry's website has set up a forum in preparation for transmission (ahem, of the programme)

http://www.stephenfry.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline komnaes

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2007, 06:52:52 am »
Thanks Ann

I hope someone would put it somewhere we can watch it (like maybe youtube?).

I recently re-watched another recent 3 parts profile docu and noticed that he is in movie called "Peter's friends" in which he played the main character who has HIV. It was back in 1992. Now I need to rent it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter's_Friends

Shaun
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2007, 09:18:57 am »
I recently re-watched another recent 3 parts profile docu and noticed that he is in movie called "Peter's friends" in which he played the main character who has HIV. It was back in 1992. Now I need to rent it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter's_Friends

Shaun

Hi Shaun _ I saw "Peter's Friends" when it was in the theaters. It's a comedy and HIV is only mentioned briefly toward the end of the movie. The movie is about a man named Peter who gathers his life long friends to his house to make an announcement. Guess what that announcement is ... The movie pretty insignifcant to HIV

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2007, 03:02:44 am »
Ann's interview is now online I hope she doesn't mind me telling you all.  Very impressive by the way Ann.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tv_and_radio/hivandme_index.shtml
Diagnosed 11/05

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2007, 03:28:32 am »
Too bad there are no pills for "class". George could use a mouthful, eh?
Positive since 1985

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2007, 10:58:08 am »
I'm confused.  I don't see what we click on after that provided link.  I'm watching Ana from the Scissor Sisters, not Ann from the Rock.

edit: Oh... never mind I see it.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.