Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:41:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 266
Total: 266

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread XXVII: It's Warm, and now Poof, Where My Ladies At?  (Read 53902 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Dating Thread XXVII: It's Warm, and now Poof, Where My Ladies At?
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2008, 08:25:04 am »
Morning ladies,

Drag, only Alex is staying with me.  Joe lives with his mum.  But Alex and Joe grew up together.  I've been friends with Joe since probably the middle 90's.  There isn't room in my place for all three of us to live here.  I only have an efficiency.  Alex sleeps on the floor on his sleeping bag.  I'd like to have a 1 br.  I was thinking about asking my landlord if he has any.  He told me he has 10 properties.  I'm supposed to sign another lease with him next month.  This will be the 3rd year I've rented from him.  That old place of yours you desribed with the maggots is, well, unbelievable.  I remember seeing maggots in my parents' garbage can during the summer.  And they were dropping on your head?!  Eek.  Thanks for telling us about Tendai.  I've been thinking about her.

Well, nothing on the horizon this morning.  If I get the $10 food voucher from the ASO I'll probably be going to the store.  Other than that, nothing really planned.  I think Alex is supposed to babysit one of his grandkids this weekend, not sure.  If he does, that'll give me my apartment to myself for the weekend, which would be nice.  Tomorrow night, a group in NA is supposed to have a "speaker jam."  That's where different people who have different amounts of clean time talk about a certain topic; then they have a main speaker who has multiple years clean.  I'm still not sure if I'm going, though I told my bff I was and to pick me up.  I probably will.  I haven't gotten out of the house to do anything in awhile. 

Well ladies, have a good morning.  I'm going to check out a few more threads.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2008, 10:11:01 am »
Betty, they were not literally dropping on my head cos believe me, we (roommate and I) were rushing through that hallway as though it was on fire. But they were certainly dropping on the floor and wriggling there. It was so repulsive. It lasted about a month, after which, I suppose, the maggot sprouting season was over - I didn't stay there the next year to find out if it's a cyclical thing  :D

That was not the worst thing in that place actually... every time I cycle past, I shudder to think of that period. We had the most awful neighbours. And this was where I lived when I was diagnosed and where my ex has humiliated me to the core.

But, right on that doorway (several months after the maggot incident, which was before my diagnosis) in late March 2006, on a starry, snowy night, is where me and the BF first kissed as well, and the rest is history. Actually about 2 months eariler, standing next to that very washing machine, is where I disclosed to him after 3 weeks of casual friendly dating. So not everything that happened there was awful. Not to mention, that the next roommate I had in that place, whom I met when I came back sick and utterly miserable after my diagnosis in early 2006, is the one who gave me my BF's former landlord's number to coordinate a time to see the apartment that he was moving out of, so I could move the hell out of that place. So, actually thinking about it, I should go and give some leaves to any maggots that are there now, or whatever it is they feed on, as a token of my appreciation. If it weren't so awful, I would have never wanted out so desperately, and would have never met my guy.

Funny I never thought about this angle before.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 10:13:21 am by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2008, 10:21:42 am »
Today I'm doing as little as possible, which means the bathroom will get cleaned, supper will be cooked, and the laundry will (maybe) get done if it doesn't rain.  I had every intention of going down and finishing the craft room, but my back is killing me and I'm piggy-backing albuterol and Advil.  I'm also nursing a sinus headache. Besides, it's not like the stuff is going anywhere.  

Hubby and the boys are down the hill cutting a tree and hauling it up to the wood pile.  It was a beautiful apple tree that fell during one of the storms this spring.  Now, this winter it'll go in the fireplace.  It's hot as heck out there so I don't envy them a bit.  

I can't believe that the 4th of July is next Friday.  Where has this year gone?  My summer "to do" list isn't going as fast as I thought.  We're hoping next week to get the boys' room painted.  I was hoping to get the girls' room painted, too, but it may have to wait until the fall.  I still have the office / school room to re-organize.

So, that's all that's going on today.  If the weather holds tomorrow, we may go to my parents' house so the kids can swim.  July 9th our #6 goes back to the ENT for another hearing test.  They better be ready to aide her right ear or give me a VERY good reason why they won't.  I'm hoping he'll refer us to a neurologist.  Things aren't getting any better and her progress is minimal if any.  

Much love to each and every one of you!
 :-*Mum

Drag, you and I posted at the same time.  All i can say is AWWW!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 10:24:04 am by minismom »
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2008, 11:44:46 am »
Morning---

Can you believe that I am kind of speechless today? I guess what is on my mind more than anything is that I want that house. It's good to see you so involved with going to meetings, Betty. My Dad was like that and when you speak about things like that, it reminds me of my Dad. He was over 30 years clean and I know the Serenity Prayer by heart. Til this day I say it when things happen that I have no control over. I think because of my Dad's past with drinking is why I really don't partake of alcohol too often and when I do it is in moderation. Though I was just a baby when he was having alcohol problems but his comittment to meetings and him telling us about being a speaker made a big difference to me.

Dragonette-- I don't know how you dealt with maggots. And there are landlords here that will chop a house in pieces just to get more rent. And I know what you mean about those grimy spots, my room mate had to get on  her knees with a scraper a few times. Hell, when we moved in we had to thoroughly clean the place. The Fridge was dirty, there was food spilled inside the cabinets and crud behind the toilet. The tub was even dirty from someone pouring dirty water in it.

Mum-- You should not be dealing with dust considering the problems you are having. You don't have a face mask you can wear if you insist on doing it. Yeah, I know the 4th will be here before you know it. Not looking forward to the holiday but more for my rent rebate check I get from the State. And are you saying they won't give your child a hearing aid? Or do more for her hearing? If it's about a hearing aid, there is the Starkey Foundation, they paid for mine.

As always I am missing some people. I wish they would check in, I am worried about them. That is it for me, I am going to check out the other threads and so forth. Have a good weekend.

Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2008, 12:59:55 pm »
Wini, your house looks absolutely lovely. I've been meaning to tell you that your employer reminds me of the geezer who married Anna Nicole Smith. After the latest descriptions, even more.
Thank you.

You gave me a nice chuckle. Harold, which is the old guy I take care of is more like Luciano Pavarotti's body type, bald head except for the fringe of curly grey hair around the back and sides and typical Jewish facial features.
His older brother Marvin is the one that looks more like the crypt keeper billionaire J. Howard Marshall. LOL

I saw rotten old Marvin this morning. Of course that means I had a fight with him because he is just plain nasty mean hateful and I dont put up with any shit from anyone.
Boy I tell you I have never met anyone in my life where I consistently think "the world would be a better place if this person did not exist."
I know that sounds awefull but I really think that everyone who knows him would be better off without him.

That is sooo not like me. I dont hate anyone but damn he makes it easy.

Offline minismom

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2008, 02:50:05 pm »
Queen, the ENT says that "typically" they won't aide a child who only has a loss in 1 ear - even if the loss is a progressive loss - which her's is. If she was an adult, then they'd aide her. She has a straight medical card that will pay if the ENT writes a prescription for it.  Instead, we take her back every 3 months to see how far her hearing loss has progressed.

My issue is that her loss is in her right ear.  She also has a vision loss in her right eye.  So, anything coming at her on the right side she can't see it or hear it.  If they would aide her right ear, then she would at least have some environmental awareness.  AND, she has the spoken (expressive) vocabulary of about a 2yr old and she's nearly 4 1/2.  I know that she has other "issues" going on, I just think that this is one issue that is so easy to combat and he's not willing to help.  So, that's the conversation we'll be having on July 9th.  He'd better have a danged good excuse for why he won't aide her, aide her right ear, or we're finding another ENT who will.

I'm also working to find a geneticist at either Allegheny General (in Pittsburgh) or Pittsburgh Children's to do some genetic testing that the geneticist here won't do.  The trick is to get the reference written the right way so that her medical card will pay for it since we're going out of state.  We're also looking into taking her to one of the Shriner's Hospitals that deal with genetic and neurological issues. 

And about the dusty room.  I tried using a mask and i just couldn't breathe.  It's not dusty anymore..lol..now that I dusted it yesterday. :P

Love and wishes for the best weekend!
Mum

www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2008, 05:08:38 pm »
Evening ladies,

Queen, how do you get a rent rebate check?  I would like to file for one, if I can.  I didn't know you had to clean that place you have now.  Ugh.  That's awful.

Drag, I liked the stories about the "good" that came from that apartment. 

Wendy, there's probably a few people I think the world would be better off without.  I don't think that's so awful to say.  I'm sure some people feel the same way about me (hee).  I don't really care though.

Mum, I sure hope that ENT helps your daughter.  It doesn't make sense they won't help a child but they would an adult.  It seems like they would rather help someone when the person was young than to wait (to let the child get used to having a hearing aid etc.). 

I cleaned my apartment today, took a shower and went to the store.  I got the ASO's food voucher.  Other than that, nothing going on.  Tomorrow I am going to go to the speaker jam.  My bff is picking me up.  They're going to have a lasagna dinner and it only costs $2.  Surprisingly, I do have (just) $2 in my wallet.  So, tomorrow I will be having lasagna.  I can't wait.

Yeah, I miss the others who used to post regularly also.  Cristy, Wish, Snow, Cin, Camms (who's been MIA quite awhile), anyone else, I hope you're all doing well.  Have a good evening ladies.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2008, 06:26:27 pm »
I made it to the ear appointment. Come to find out, this guy feels that my hearing aids need to be upgraded. He is surprised that I have the volume high at all times. I explained to him that is the only way I can hear, so he had me sign a release from my usual ENT to see what my past audiograms show. He also wants to do another one since it has been over a year. And he says with the upgrade, I would be able to hold a phone to my ear instead of using my speakerphone. That would be a blessing, funny how you take little things for granted like being able to answer a phone. The problem is that my insurance will only cover up to 1500.00 and I am assuming the upgrade is going to cost more than that. Since he is from here and worked closely with our OVR office, he is going to see if he can get some help from them. He also has dealings with the Starkey Foundation which are the folks I got them from. I will tell my case manager at my ASO but not sure if she will be able to do anything.

We turned in our applications for the house today. So far we are the only ones who turned them in, the other people that showed up didn't yet. So, we should hear something by Monday. We are all hoping we get it...I know I keep saying that but we are kinda hyped about it over here. So pray for us this weekend ladies.

Mum-- Go to the appointment but from what you are saying, you need to find a new ENT. I don't understand his logic at all. Why can't she have a hearing aid? They should still be able to monitor whether her hearing gets any worse.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline jshort

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2008, 09:22:12 pm »
Hi ladies,

Im new here and I just wanted to stop in and say hello. It's so nice to see a place where ladies can have "girl talk" in these forums. I must admit that its a relief to me to see so many poz women living normal, full lives. Its also a great feeling to see a place where poz women can discuss their HIV issues openly and without judgement. I was really feeling down and alone but after finding this site and these threads I have hope and a sense of comfort.

Offline minismom

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2008, 09:42:03 pm »
J, let me be the 1st to welcome you to the forum.  You have just landed in the presence of the highest-quality women in the world.  And now, you are one of us.  As you feel comfortable, introduce yourself and jump in with comments, questions, or just let us know how your day went.  We're all in this together.  We all got here by a different path, but we all still made it to this point.  That makes us family.

Queen and Betty: According to the ENT, if an adult had normal hearing thier entire lives and then had the type and amount of loss that she has, it would make them nuts.  But, since she's never had normal hearing (which is funny for him to say since she passed her newborn hearing screen) then it doesn't bother her. In a way I can understand what he's saying.  4 years ago, I had Bell's Plasy which left me deaf in my right ear.  It makes hearing, and disinguishing where sound is coming from, very difficult.  Until 4 years ago, I had normal hearing.  Now I don't and it makes me nuts.  AND, i can understand that so far she has normal hearing in her left ear.  BUT, couple her hearing loss with her vision loss and I think she needs to be aided so she can tell where sound is coming from especially since she can't see out of her right eye.  Maybe I'm being too picky, but I just don't think so.

I was so totally lazy today that I'm embarrassed to even speak about it.  My mom came by about 6pm and I was still in my jammies.  The kids played outside and had already had their baths, so they were in their jammies, too.  We looked like a total bum family.  #2 broke his "unbreakable" glasses for the 2nd time this month.  Thank goodness for insurance - they'll replace his frames free for a year.  So, tomorrow we'll be heading into town for a trip to Walmart for groceries and to order #2's new glasses.  The way he broke them, I can't even tape them together.  We tried soldering them, but that just got me a nice charlboiled knuckle.  I'll wash the laundry tonight and hang it out before we leave in the morning.

I hope you all have a great Saturday - enjoy the dinner Betty.  Love streaming to all of you!
www.watoto.com

Offline 27years

• What I did for love I will still do it for love
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2008, 11:02:10 pm »
ladies, am just passing through and thought of saying hello to everyone, have a nice weekend.  Its 0500 and i dont kow why i am up so early on a saturday.
Nobody dies a virgin life screws us all up

Offline vivyt

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2008, 12:50:42 am »
Welcome J!

Betty-Lasagna sounds good! Enjoy!
Queen- I hope you get that house
Wendy- Ok, I have to ask and it may seem silly...what exactly do you do? Are you a home healthcare worker? I'm sure you probably said before but I must have missed it.
Mum- Everyone deserves a lazy day...embrace them when they come around... ;)

Well I did absolutely nothing today and I loved it. I went to the market and that's about it. Laundry for me tomorrow.

Offline minismom

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2008, 07:38:06 am »
Good morning, sweeties!  Just doing a quick run-through to make sure everyone is ok and no one had any tragedies during the night.  I'm off to make my menu, grocery list, and gather the gang.  Have a great Saturday!

Vyv: Great to hear from you!

www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2008, 10:27:20 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, I hope everything goes through for your new hearing aides.  I will be keeping everything crossed for you to get the house.

J, welcome to our little family.  Like mum said, just jump in anytime and introduce yourself, ask us whatever you want to, let us know how you're doing.  We're pretty tight-knit here and worry when we don't hear from people.

Mum, good luck getting the new glasses today and doing shopping.  I can't imagine how much you pay a week for groceries.

27, good to hear from you.  Visit us more often.

Viv, good to hear from you also.  So, are you totally out of school now, or are you doing the 1/2 days?

I'm a little late getting on here.  I was having my coffee outside this morning and my neighbor-lady came over and we had a pretty good talk.  I don't talk to many of my neighbors, but the people that live to the left of me are very nice.  They are getting ready to take a vacation next week to San Francisco.  I would so love to do that.  Maybe some year. ;)

Other than going to the NA speaker jam today, I've got nothing else going.  I'm just getting ready to have breakfast and take a shower.  I hope all you ladies have a good day.  If it's not too late when I get home I'll be back later.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2008, 02:58:08 pm »
It seems like we all are jumping on late today or early. Before I get into my ramblings, let me say Welcome to J. And I am sure you will fit in just fine. Nothing on the schedule for today, I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen, cleaned other parts of the house yesterday so not much to do but relax. Next week is going to be hectic.

Mum-- I just lost over 50 percent of my hearing in both my ears two years ago. The ENT were surprised by this because they are use to seeing it happen in one ear but never both. At the moment, I am having a problem with clarity and feedback from my hearing aids. I can hear what people say most of the time and I can't even talk on a phone, everything must be done through my speakerphone on my cell. Let me tell you, I have no privacy which sucks. It has stopped me from really communicating by phone unless necessary and I rely more on text messages.

Betty-- Have fun at your jam. Um, I know our rent rebate program here is sponsored by the state and usually is said to help senior citizens but if you get disability you are eligible. I have been getting it for three years now. In the beginning, the most you could get was 500 but now it has gone up to 650. Not sure if they do it in your state.

Good to hear from you 27 and Viv. We are really hoping and praying for this house. I know, I would probably no longer qualify for section 8 because of the other incomes but we are all committed to it. We know we can do it with all our incomes together but the most important thing is that we all get along. We also know that we couldn't make it on our own and that we are the only family we got. Both of my roomies are not originally from here.

Well, I guess I will venture into the other threads and do some gaming, it's been awhile. Have a good one, everyone.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2008, 05:12:50 pm »
I finally got all of the laundry done, but it only got about 2hrs on the line before the rain hit.  Oh, well, it cooled things down enough for us to open the doors and it still be comfortable.  I hope it's still raining tonight - I love the sound of wind and rain when I'm going to sleep.  Hubby is still grilling burgers for supper on the back deck.  As long as the wind doesn't blow too hard, he'll stay dry.

Betty, on an "average" week, we spend between $300 - $350 on food.  It's on the high end right now because we ran out of the veggies that we canned last year and nothing except our green beans have come in for this year.  Produce is high right now, even at the farmer's market, but it's still cheaper than the grocery store. 

Queen, I lost 100% of my hearing in my right ear when i had Bell's.  So far, #6 has only lost hearing on the right ear, but they are watching her left ear VERY close to make sure she doesn't start to show signs of a loss.  When they did her ABR last summer, she had profound hearing loss, but only in the high frequencies and a mild loss in the mid to lower frequencies.  Then, 3mths ago, she had a severe loss acrossed all frequencies.  So, now she'll go every 3mths to have her hearing and her vision checked.  Everything that she is "losing" seems to be progressive.  She's had several MRI's - 4 just last summer - and they showed nothing to explain what's going on.  That's why I'd also like her to see a neurologist and a geneticist.  I know everything is connected, and it's just going to take finding the right person who'll do the right test. *sigh*  And then, there's a chance we'll never have answsers and that just plain sucks.

Nothing much on the agenda for the rest of the night.  For our family night last night I was subjected to "High School Musical".  I could've lived the rest of my life without seeing it and still felt complete.  The kids liked it, of course.  Tonight, we'll either watch "Cars" or "Mulan", both of which are much kinder to my sensibilities.

Lots of lovin' and here's to a great Sunday!
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2008, 07:30:56 pm »
Wendy- Ok, I have to ask and it may seem silly...what exactly do you do? Are you a home healthcare worker? I'm sure you probably said before but I must have missed it.

I am a caregiver. I usually work 7 days a week. Basically I go to Harold's house wake him up and set up his medication for the day and his clothes. I check to see who he is calling on the phone and who is calling him because he has had a history of bad people taking advantage of him.
I make sure his dog is fed and walked. I make sure his apartment is reasonably clean. I take him to his doctors appointments and anywhere else he needs to go. I call in all his refills and pick them up. I go into the exam room with him and tell the doctors when he is lying to them. <he lies alot>
I keep notes on his behavior and purchase anything he needs and I report everything to his younger sister.
There is a little more to it but you get the picture. Most often I only work a couple of hours a day.

For our family night last night I was subjected to "High School Musical".  I could've lived the rest of my life without seeing it and still felt complete. 

LMAO

Hi 27years and jshort! and hi to all my other ladies too!

Offline jshort

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2008, 07:53:27 pm »
Hello ladies, thank you for your warm welcomes. ;D  Well this will be a short post and I hope to be back later. I just wanted to tell a bit about myself. Im 26 and a mother of 4. I was diagnosed just over a year ago (wow i didnt realize it had been that long). I live with my boyfriend and children (who are all neg). Life right now for me is chaos but im not sure if id function any other way. I think im still in a bit of denial as I chose to ignore my diagnosis for quite awhile. I guess it was my way of coping. In the back of my mind I always knew I was poz but I never speak about it or acknowledge it. I always thought i was a strong person but i guess i have a great amount of fear about this. its easier to ignore then go through the emotions. So although its been a year since my diagnosis, im just starting to open up and "feel" all those first time emotions that come with acceptance.......does that make sense? well on that note i must go. Its shower and bed time 4 the children. Im so glad i found you guys!!! you seem like a great bunch. I hope to be on again sometime tonight but if I dont make it I wish u all a good night!

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2008, 08:17:08 pm »
jshort, welcome!
figers crossed Queen
Betty, hope you enjoy the talkathon. I had quite the talkathon myselsf tonight - its after 2.00 am here. just wanted to share that I had spent the evening disclosing my status to and chatting with my BF's gay friend, who disclosed that he was gay to us a while back. It was a nice evening. I am the only poz person he met. He said that they (his gay friends) never talk about it. Maybe a couple will get tested at the beginning but that's it. He didn't know much about HIV, like what is the window period. He wants to be tested, but is scared and says some things it's better not to know. I volunteered to go with him, but the problem is the 2 weeks wait more than the test itself. I'm anxious now to see him get a negative result asap.

anyway ladies, I am yawning my head off here. sweet dreams all
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline minismom

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2008, 07:44:23 am »
Good morning to the best looking group of women bar none!  I woke up to a nasty, rainy, morning but I refuse to let it get me down. 

Queen: I sure do hope you get the house.  It sounds like a much better, and safer (?), place for you to be.  Plus, it's got to be bigger than the apartment you're in now.  How many bedrooms / bathrooms?  Will you have a yard?  Is it in a neighborhood?  When will you know that it's your's?

Betty: hope you had a great time last night.

Drag: Do you know what's wrong with your hands?  If you've said before and i missed it, I'm sorry.  I sure do hope you can get some relief soon.  6wks without the man, huh?  I'd go crazy (unless he brought the kids with him  ;))  Here's hoping the time goes quickly.  Here's also to safe travels for him.

Love to you all!
Mum :-*
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2008, 09:42:17 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, I wonder who would know about the rent rebate in this state (if they have one).  Of course, me being on section 8, I might not get a very high one.

Mum, wow.  What you spend a week on groceries, is more than I spend in a month.  But of course, I don't have all those mouths to feed.  Again, good luck with your #6's ENT appointment.  I've never had to sit through "High School Musical," but I know my granddaughter just adores it. 

Wendy, I hope your night last night was uneventful (as far as getting sick goes).

J, I think most people are in shock for about the 1st year after diagnosis. I was.  Things will smooth out with time.  Have you been getting regular check-ups with the doc?  Do you have a good HIV doctor? 

Drag, I know some people think what's not there (in their minds) won't hurt them.  But unfortunately, with HIV that's just not true.  I hope your friend gets tested soon.

The speaker jam went alright.  At these things, they have different people with the lengths of recognized clean time speak on a topic.  Last night's topic was 'how to stay clean.'  There was a man who showed up that I know who was drunk.  He didn't cause a scene or anything.  He's elderly, and I think he just may be one of those people who don't ever get it.  He's also got HIV and a bad liver.  I believe he's also a crack-smoker.  Anyway, the main speaker (who has 8 years clean) did a really good job.  She and her husband are raising her sister's little girl (the sister is in prison).  So, I gotta hand it to them; not a lot of people would be willing to do that.  My bff and I didn't stay past 8:00.  I was exhausted and I think it's because I'm going on the 3rd week of having my period.  I'm going to e-mail my doctor tonight and wait to see what he says in the morning.  I don't know if this is a normal occurence on Depo for some women, or if it's just fucking up my system more than it was. 

I have nothing planned for today.  I was sleeping really good, after watching most of Saturday Night Live (it was the 1st one George Carlin hosted), and the phone rang at 7:00 this morning.  It was Joe, who was coming by to pick up Alex to go walking.  I wish people wouldn't call that early unless it's an emergency.  Anyway, they didn't get to go walking because it's raining here.  I was a little disappointed, because I kind of wanted some time to myself today.  Oh well.  I might just lay back down in a little bit and take a nap.  I hope you ladies have a good morning and day.  I'll probably be back later.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2008, 11:44:23 am »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7479853.stm

>:( :'(

The old turd ran against himself, and used a network of violence to force people to vote.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2008, 11:51:45 am »
Wendy, I hope your night last night was uneventful (as far as getting sick goes).

I puked once. But it was before I went to sleep and I felt better as soon as it was over.

My clip of the day!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN9bqYhNLDs&feature=related

Enjoy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2008, 04:02:13 pm »
Afternoon Ladies---

Sorry for the late response, has been a little busy around the house. It seems that my gay roomie's ex got into his email account and got to sending nasty emails to me, a mutual friend, my roomie's job, roomie's mother and the gay chat room. Every email he sent to me started out with the word nigger which was not a surprise. I think it is funny, I wish I could show you guys one but he only makes our case against him even stronger, the idiot. I am out of printer ink to print the emails but I think I will burn them to disk as data and take them to the hearing next week. I also have messages on my phone that he left at my roomie's job which my roomie left on my voicemail.

I hope we get the house too. We are all on pins and needles around here. We should know something tomorrow, that's what my roomie was told when he dropped off our applications. Not really sure what they are looking for on the application but I had to list my current landlord and who knows what may come out of his mouth.

Betty--Hmm, we have a state tax number we call to find out when the application was processed or whatever. Even if you are on section 8, you would get something. I know what you mean about people calling you early in the morning but most know I am not a morning person and leave a message. And if they get persistent and blow my phone up then they better get ready to get cussed out. Most know the drill and I have trained them well... ;)

Mum--The house is in a nice neighborhood, has a fenced in yard which means I will be doing some skyclad rituals soon if we get it. It has 4 bedrooms and one bath. If there was a bad thing to say, it would only be that it doesn't have a driveway but on street parking doesn't bother me. I just want to get as far away as I can from the hoodrats.

Tomorrow will be the beginning of a busy week for me. I have an appointment tomorrow with my primary doctor, just touching bases is all. Tuesday is check day and I have to be in court about the asshole at 8:15am. Not pleased about having to be there so early but the look on the asshole's face will be PRICELESS!!! That's about it for me, will check back in later.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2008, 05:58:15 pm »
Evening ladies,

Drag, I saw the news about Mugabe already this afternoon.  What a dick.  I with someone would assasinate him already.  I hope Tendai's doing alright.  Have you heard anything from her?

Wendy, I'm glad you didn't wake up in the middle of the night puking.  That clip was cute.

Queen, I wish I could be there in the courtroom when you go.  I can't believe someone would be so stupid (well, yes I can).  I know you want to get out of where you live; I would like that also. I will be anxious tomorrow to hear what happened with that.

Well, Joe picked up Alex and took him to his (Alex's) son's place.  Alex hasn't seen his son in quite awhile, so he was pretty excited.  I took about an hour nap.  I couldn't go back to sleep this morning; probably too much coffee.  I was so tired, though, I couldn't even take a shower; I just changed into some "day" clothes and laid around.  I've been smoking these roll-your-own cigarettes, since they're so much cheaper and today I made a big mistake.  I chain smoked a few of them while I was outside on the phone.  Shit, did that ever make me sick.  I didn't puke, but I wish I would have.  And it caused my heart to pound.  I had to lay down for awhile and I didn't smoke another one for about 3 or 4 hours after that.  I won't make that mistake again.  I forget that they're much stronger than regular cigarettes. 

My brother will be here in about an hour & 1/2 to watch "The Wire."  I think tonight we'll be starting season 2.  Did anyone watch Saturday Night Live last night?   It was a replay of the 1st episode George Carlin hosted.  I was only awake for about the first 1/2 hour.  It was pretty funny.    Other than that, nothing else going on.  I hope everyone has a good evening.  I'll be back tomorrow.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2008, 07:22:02 pm »
I know HBO has been showing a few of George Carlin's shows. And I have watched them faithfully. I list him as one of the great ones and it was refreshing to see a white man who spoke his mind and didn't give a shit what was thought about it. I think it was on CNN when they showed footage of him being arrested for something back in the day.

Betty-- I guess the asshole figured since they didn't come from his email or because he didn't sign his name to them that we wouldn't figure it out. Now he is trying to get his sisters to try to talk my roomie into dropping the PFA but he won't do it. I am so proud of him, he is holding his ground. One sister called and said that the asshole is on suicide watch and that he has learned his lesson. Yeah, right. I am trying to figure out how to put the emails on my flash drive. I would like to get the Wire on dvd but those sets are so pricey.

I am not doing much just sitting here by the computer with some headsets on listening to music. It has rained off and on today so I feel kind of sluggish. I'll check back later, if not, see you all tomorrow.

Oh shit, I almost left without saying what I meant to in the first place. It would seem that lately I have been getting a few hits at Poz Personals. What is becoming irritating is the fact that after the first few line of questioning...how old are you? where from? what you like?...The next question is, "Do you have a webcam?". I have found this to be quite irritating because for one, I have my pic posted in my profile and second, I have one showing in my Yahoo messenger, mind you these are recent pics. So, um you know what I look like. The reply was..."because I want to make sure it is you". Well, who the hell else would it be? Considering the pervs that roam on Yahoo, I am not in a hurry for anyone to "view my webcam", now if you want me to view yours, then that's your choice but I don't have to accept either. But I usually will because my curiosity would get the best of me. I don't know, that is becoming a major turn off for me. Now I am done with my rant, I'll check back in later.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 07:30:02 pm by Queen Tokelove »
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2008, 10:33:06 pm »
Hello Ladies. Hope everyone is doing well.                              Queen, I am sorry about your friends crazy ex. and i really hope you get the house. That would be so great. Peeked your picture on the poz site. You are beautiful.                                                              Betty hope you have a great night. MM, hope you are feeling better.      I  am meeting a guy from  South Carolina tomorrow. He is really nice and i have been talking to him for about 6 months, on and off. He is coming to Greensboro and we will do something, don't know what yet. I am excited.       Robert is well. Got to spend  ALL weekend with Granpa, his bestest buddy.                                                                 Win, glad you feel better. Hope everyone has a great night. TTYL. Cristy 

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2008, 11:19:41 pm »
Oooooh Christy has a date and she kept it from her girls....Shame on you...j/k But I hope you enjoy yourself and we want details. Glad Robert is doing well, stay in touch.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2008, 03:40:35 am »
Cristy, enjoy your date!

Betty, I havent heard anything from Tendai. she wont be online if she is not working and she wont go to work if the streets are unsafe. last time she told me she planned to hide at home with a bunch of DVDs until things cool off. she expects/fears an eruption of violence. problem is she needs to get out to buy food. it's an awful situation. I have heard that bread in zim costs now 150 times more than in did 3 months ago before the previous elections. and that price was quoted before this election. Bush and other are talking about sanctions. but wouldnt it make things much worse? I pray that the UK sends military there to sort things out. what a disaster.
Its sad about that guy coming to a meeting drunk. Talk about burning all the bridges.
Please, go easy on those cigarettes... they're rough. are they filtered at all?

I am just exahusted. spain won the eurocup last night, i was happy. I havent been sleeping much and today is the deadline on my report and boy is it far from completed.

on a more uplifting note were planning the wedding. its a huge deal - my BF is a groomzilla! I'll keep you posted later am just too exahusted right now

Wini, hope you get better asap
Queen good luck with the house! are you going to court b/c of the landlord? fingers crossed
Mom, I hope they find out what's wrong with your daughter. the things you have to deal with most people would find just one overwhelming to the max. i dunno how you do it

I'd love to crawl into bed but getting dressed and going to work

lots of love and sorry for skipping some folks - greetings to Snow, Wishful, Cindy (r u around?), Camms (ditto), Keeping, Netta, Viv, J, Veritee, Sunseeker, and I am sure I forgot somebody but I will remember as soon as they post again

Offline minismom

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2008, 07:44:10 am »
Good grief, I stay away for 1 afternoon and Cristy goes on a hot date and Drag is planning a wedding!  That'll teach me to take a nap. ;) 

Drag: have you set a date?  Is it hard to plan the wedding with BF gone?  For me, it would've been a lot easier - LOL!  What colors are you using?  You know that we all want details - and pictures.

Today and tomorrow promises to be beautiful - 68 today and 70 tomorrow.  I'm hoping to get some work done outside in the yard.  We're putting in a new walkway between the back deck and the kids' playset.  I'm not sure why exactly since we're looking at moving the playset, but, oh, well.  Eventually, I guess we'll have a walkway to nowhere..lol.

Anyone have big plans for the 4th?

Tons of love,
Mum :-*
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2008, 09:43:49 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, if the fucker's on suicide watch, he's only pretending to be to save his ass.  I can't stand it when people who are in trouble fake stuff like that.  One of my ex's did.  He went into the county mental health hospital to get out of a case he had that involved felony assault against his current gf.  I don't know what ever happened, as his gf was pretty dense.   My brother rents The Wire from a local video store that's only charging .78 cents a day for them. 

Cristy, I'm glad Robert's doing well.  Of course, I'll be waiting on edge to hear how your date goes.  I'm excited for you.

Drag, I think it's exciting that the wedding planning has begun.  Please keep us updated on how things are going. 

Mum, I have no plans right now for the 4th.  I mean zip, nada.  I don't think I'll even be going to watch fireworks anywhere.  Of course that could change.  But doubtful.  The weather is really nice here also.  It was only like 68 yesterday and only supposed to be 73 today.  I like this so much better than blazing hot.

Well, I think my two-week period is finally coming to an end.  I don't know if I should tell my doctor about it or not, since it's ending.  I mean, what would he do about it?  My bff told me I should have my hormone levels checked.  She thinks I may be in menopause.  The former lunatic doctor I was seeing had me on extremely high doses of estrogen/progesterone, which stopped my periods for like 3 years (this was like 5 years ago).  He was a crazy-ass doctor.  He was the one who had me strung out on all the other pills (amphetamines, tranquilizers, opiates, sedatives, you get the picture).  I don't know how he ever managed to keep his medical license.  He was so bad, Medicaid and Medicare quit paying for him, as did most other insurances. 

I have nothing planned for today.  I'm hoping the next 3 days go by fast to get to the 3rd (SSDI check day).  Come on already!  Anyway, I'll probably be back later.  You ladies have a nice morning.

Offline jshort

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2008, 11:19:38 am »
Hi ladies. Wow, is there alot going on in this thread. Im just reading, and getting a feel for what everyone has going on. I'm in the process of finding a new primary care doctor. see i work at a nursing home and many of the nurses who work with me there aldo work for my doctors office, since the nursing home is part of a network that includes the doctors office. I've chosen to keep my disgnosis to myself, i dont think im ready to disclose yet. Im afraid one of the nurses will find out through reading my chart if I tell my doctor so Im looking for a new one. Its hard because i live in a small town and Im not sure how people will react even doctors. I also wonder if many of these doctors have delt with Poz patients. I want to be treated with respect, like a human not like a walking virus. So im a bit scared, even of disclosing to doctors. There is one ID clinic in the area its 50 miles from where I live so I will be calling there to make an apt. 

So ladies my question to you is how do you disclose? to whom do you think its important to tell besides sexual partners?

well, im off to clean the house, i hope all is well with everyone. I may jump on later to really read through the thread and get to know you all better. I have to catch a moment to myself to do that and with 4 kids those moments dont come often. until later girls!

Offline netta

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2008, 11:32:31 am »
Goodday ladies , just kick my ass for not being around, this month was hard for me and the issue that happened to me brought up a lot of old issues in my past . but I have to make myself better and i am working on me. I missyou all. This month i felt like i was going crazy. being in the house seemed like it held me captive, but that was all in my mind.I have to make sure as broke as i be after bills that i have gas money to at least get out the house . Somedays i want to get out but have no gas money and i don't feel safe walking in the hood.Queen i am so glad you're back.I hope u get the house . I know how u feel , I can't wait to get out the hood, I can't stand it but i only have till October for my lease is up and i am thinking positive about getting in a safe new apartment complex. I saw the guy that molested me for t he first time since it happened. he was in his car with tinted windows,but i just walked by him cause i had to take the trash out. If I had a bat I would hit him in the head and prob kill him because i would be taking out all my frustrations from years ago from my rape and abuse . OK enough of the crazy talk, i realize I still have issues with my childhood rape and that they will always be there, but that I have to deal with it. i have been sticking close to my daughter and grandkids cause they are my only family here in Georgia. M y kids are like therapy! the love i get from them is irreplaceable! I Had great weekend I just packed my bag and spent the weekend at their house, I decided to do this more often and it really helps getting away from here. Sorry i rambled on, I am so happy to be back and must check in everyday even if one sentence! .this is good for me being her with all you beautiful women, you are all my girlfriends because we all share something special, please message me when u don't here from me so i can get out of the funk i am in, it will help.
I am taking antibiotics for a bad sinus infection,which seems to be going around. i went to my id clinic and saw my favorite doctor , which i had to demand!! also I had drama with the staff because a certain woman is holding up my progress with my case and refuses to get on the ball sending my doctors notes to my lawyer, who is ready to send out my case to the insurance company responsible for my accident. i had to actually y get on the phone and kick ass with some of the health care workers that saw me and had not sent my bills in!
Anyhow this certain nurse at the id clinic was real nasty when i ask when my file would be ready. she said "I don't know " and could not give me a date, so i keep harassing the next day, because i was told it was suppose to have been done already.Mind u clinic is only 2 days a week and the staff is there 5 days a week! what the hell are they doing that they can't type a report!!! anyhow she got mad and put her boss on the phone who talked to me like i was retarded but promised it would be ready today. I hope so because i am going to give them more hell! Once my package is sent out to the insurance company i have to wait up to 90 days for a response,but it might not take that long. Its going on a year since my accident so you see why i am getting impatient! I am making plan for my settlement no matter how small, aim going to trade in my 8 cylinder gas guzzler andget a smaller car!
i can't, you know when you are living on a fixed income a little cash can't hurt a girl! lol

Betty i hope you are feeling better.
Queen - i hope you get ur house.
tendai- i pray u are safe.
moms- the girls pics adorable
win- shout out to my girl
spiral - welcome
j short- welcome
shout  out to all my girls- Veritee, Snow,blessed,Drag and everyone else.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 11:43:51 am by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2008, 12:16:42 pm »
Thanks Betty.

Queen - I wouldn't like that with the webcam business either. Makes me think these guys are just interested in diddling themselves while watching you on camera. But that has been my experience with men. If they don't talk to me in a way that makes me feel as if they are interested in more than my body then I wont talk to them.

Drag - LOL groomzilla

Jshort - I haven't really disclosed to anyone outside of close friends and family. If I feel someone is transient in my life then they don't need to know. My boss knows but the elderly guy I take care of doesn't. He doesn't need to know.
I've been with my boyfriend for almost 5 years. He is positive too. I haven't dated anyone who wasn't positive since my diagnosis. My 18 year old son tells his friends and other people. But I don't care.

Netta - I waited like 3 years for a settlement with the last wreck I was in and the lawyer got more money than I did.
<shakes head> You know that lawyer never did pay my hospital bill and of course you cant find the guy anymore.
I got ripped big time.

The party next weekend for the 4th of July has been postponed until the 12th. Billy's Stepfather was diagnosed with cancer on the 19th of June. He has a two inch tumor in his esophagus, on the 20th, after test were run they found out that the tumor is malignant.
The cancer had also spread to his Liver (not good). They kept him in the hospital for about 4-5 days and sent him
home until he can start chemotherapy on Tuesday. Yesterday Billy's sister & her husband were visiting & helping out
with things & Dad was in alot of pain & could not swallow his own spit, so they took him back to the hospital.

This is a very fast moving cancer, very aggressive. Billy was going to wait till the week after the pool party to drive down
there, however he feels that he needs to go asap, but cannot leave till Thursday. He isn't as close to his step dad as his siblings because Billy was older when his mom marred the step dad. But Billy has a heart of gold and wants to be supportive. Billy's mother passed away in 2001 so that's not an issue. But he does have a couple of younger brothers and several younger step sisters.
He suggested that I could still have the party but it would be really hard without him and I don't really want to party without him anyway. I sent out an email. I'm hoping everyone from my group who was going to come will still be able to come.

We will see...

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2008, 02:12:59 pm »
Hi Ladies,

I finally finished the report.

Netta, nice hearing from you. I shut myself inside too sometimes, both literally and mentally.
But you are a beautiful woman and you have nothing to hide, or hide from. Let that perv hide, behind his tinted windows.

Wini, please give my wishes to Billy. Hope this time will be bearable for him, that's awful news. Are you thinking of going with him? I guess you have to work, I didn't know you worked 7 days a week. Gosh

Shorty, its really tough. The ideal would be if one day you could educate all these healthworkers on HIV/AIDS. That the ideal  though... I'd say don't worry about disclosing right now. When/if you will feel comfortable enough with one of your collegues, you will know. But right now you don't need to know their business and they don't need to know yours. I guess 50 miles isn't that far - not too close but what can you do. You could also ask the doctor to keep your info private and explain the situation, if you trust him.

Betty, I hope the bleeding stops. It doesn't sound right. My own bleeding is also getting longer, but not that long. I don't know how you put up with it. It must be related to the depo cos you were OK before, right?

Mom, I am not doing any wedding planning. BF is doing it all in Spain, all I have to do is show up in a dress. That's why I called him groomzilla... he wants a big wedding with 300 guests. Consider that my side is 4 people (parents, bro and sis in law)... he wants waiters, a band, the full monty, and knowing the mentaility there, dinner will be served at 22.00 (and that's early) and the party will end at 05.00. He does have a lot of friends and a huge family. I estimate that about 1% of them will speak English....

But before that, we have to actually get married, as we are not able to get married in spain (residency issues) we will do it here
http://www.gibraltar.gov.uk/hol/WhatTo/getting_married.asp

isn't that awsome?! there will be a very small lunch or dinner there just for the immediate family afterwards. Its a few hundered killometers away from where his parents live, so they will be able to come (though they will have to spend the night there). we will also have to spend 2-3 nights b/c you have to register a couple days before the actual cenermony.

It still doesn't feel real to me. I have been looking at dresses. of course, I have to hide my tattooes or people will have a fit. But most wedding dresses are really skimpy affairs, at least on top.

so I have no idea about colors and such. There will be a celebration in IL too though but much smaller for maybe 50 people and not near the wedding, and it will just be lunch or something laid back like that. I honestly thought that anything in spain would also be low key...This 2nd (actually 3rd) wedding party in IL will be a  few months later in 2009. I hope we can squeeze some short honeymoon then too, fly somewhere close like Turkey or something (writing "Turkey", yet thinking "Thailand"). of course, I might achieve the impossible and get pregnant and then have to change all those plans.

I know it's going to be exahusting what with flying to spain, getting to gibraltar, and then the huge wedding, and then showing my parents around spain for a bit. it will be tight. I actually can't quite believe it - my BF the commitment-phobe has thrown himself headlong into this thing. So he will now now there for a month and he will check all places, taste menues, and all those things. He even told me he wants a classical quartet(!) for the reception.

Next he's going to want bridesmaids  :D. I just hope his friends don't drag him to a strip club or something. He has dozens of friends there. But with all the parents around I doubt that. anyway, we're talking about late Oct. Gulp. Too fat, too tiring. But I feel so amazed and blessed.

Have a great evening, love to all of you

Psst... Cristy, howasit?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:15:12 pm by Dragonette »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2008, 04:53:10 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Jshort, you will know when the time is right.  I called my mum right after I was diagnosed, which was from a treatment center (1989).  She told my immediate family and I told a few close friends.  I've told all sexual partners.  My daughter has known right from the get-go.  It was hard for her to understand at first, because she was only five.  But, she's been very comfortable around myself and my friends and has no fear or anxiety about it.  I don't really know what to tell you about the job thing.  Most doctors today are educated about HIV.  If you don't feel comfortable where you're at, then look for another doctor, definitely.  Good luck.

Netta, good to hear from you.  I'm so sorry you're having all those feelings, but I understand as well.  Every time something like that happens (the asshole molesting you) it just brings up all other bad experiences from the past (all of them).  I wish you peace and healing.  I'm glad you have your daughter and grandkids there.  They really are blessings.  Hopefully, next week I might take my granddaughter out to lunch.  Good luck on your lawsuit also.  I have an 8-cylinder too, and I know how they burn gas.  I only put $20 in once in awhile, and mostly stay home.  You know, I'm on SSDI also, and it's hard, I understand completely.  I hope you feel better soon.  I just got over a sinus infection/bronchitis/pneumonia.  You're right- it is going around.

Wendy, I'm so sorry about Billy's dad.  Give him my best in dealing with this.  He sounds like a real gem (Billy).

Drag, what a beautiful place!  And that's where you're getting married? Wow.  You must be so excited.  Thanks for sharing that with us!

Nothing going on here.  I made some brownies (no, not that kind ;)) and I'm waiting on them to get done.  I don't have anything at all planned this evening.  No sex, no drugs, no rock and roll (hee).  I made pork chops, rice and peas for dinner.  Alex is watching t.v.  Now that you know the low-down on what I'm doing, I hope you ladies have a very good evening.  If I'm not back later, I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2008, 07:00:52 pm »
How irratating! I just tried to post and it disappeared. I am going to try to do it again...

Well the new website took me a few moments to figure out. Change really messes me up!
I only have this week and next left of summer school YAY! These kids sure have some behavior issues! It is no wonder they did not get during the full year of Kindergarten! I had to send  note home with a little boy today. He just doesn't pay attnetion and takes forever to finish his work. UGH! I sure miss my 5th graders!

Betty-Your mention of brownies makes me want to go into the kitchen and whip a batch. The problem is I could probably eat them all myself!
Win- I am sorry Billy has to go through all that. My thoughts and prayers are with him.
Netta- Hi... :)
Queen- Any news on the house?
Drag- When are you getting married? If you already mentioned I am sorry I am asking... ;D
Jshort- I have not disclosed to anyone. Only my immediate family knows. There are times I want to tell my friends but I just don't think they are ready to hear it and I don't think I am ready.

Ok...that's all...if I forgot anyone I am sorry... :)

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2008, 07:59:33 pm »
Hello Ladies. Just a quick check in.                                                   Netta, I remember reading about your asshole neighbor and what he did to you. I am so sorry that it happened and even sorrier that it brought back so many bad memories. Hope the sinus infection clears up quickly.                                   Dragonette, groomzilla. LOL. That is funny. Congratulations on the engagement, hope the wedding is the most wonderful and hope the 6 weeks he is gone pass by so fast, that it feels like a week.                                                         Queen, love the kitty avatar.                                                                     Win, i am so sorry about  Billy's stepdad's cancer.                                       Betty, hang in there , the 3rd will be here soon. I had depo and after bleeding for a month straight, finally stopped having periods altogether. Hope it stops soon.                                                             Okay, the "date" .    Very nice, intelligent,  responsible guy. Not a leg humper. Not Brad Pitt but I think he is cute. I have been talking to him for about 6 months, he's the one from SC. We went and had hot fudge sundays and walked around to a couple of antique shops. Robert has been a little insecure so we only stayed out a couple hours He had business in Greensboro and wanted to come see me, too. I like him and invited him to come back again and i think he will.     i will start checking in more often.                     Anyone I may have missed, hope you are well.   Love to you all. Cristy

Offline minismom

« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2008, 08:35:05 pm »
OH, my gosh, Drag what a beautiful place, or places, to get married.  I think it's very fitting, too.  We have a saying here that things are as "tough as Gibralter" - fitting for a marriage to be as tough and withstanding.  Then, on to another wedding in Spain and one in IL (I was thinking Illinois until I read Turkey).  What a wild ride!  Will you wear the same dress for all 3, or pick different ones for each?  How awsome that you'll be able to get that much time off of work, too.  Of course, we'll want pictures.

Cristy, I'm glad your date went well.  He seems willing to take things slow. 

Viv, what exactly do you teach kindergarten summer school?  I didn't realize that kids could fail kindergarten.  How much actual summer vacation will you have?

Shorty, I'm in a different situation, but we've disclosed to our family, our friends, our churches, our dance teacher, and a few other people.  We also live in a small town (population 900).  Our PID (pediatric infectious disease doc) is about 65 miles from our home, so I know how you feel about driving distance.  We have 6 kids - 3 boys / 3 girls, so I know how hard it is to get half a second of "me" time, too.

Netta, sorry about the sinus infection, I really hope the meds help and you feel better soon.  Glad you are taking time for yourself, but don't forget that we're here for you when you're ready for us.

It poured the rain most of the day.  We were able to get the front of the house mowed, but will have to finish it off tomorrow or Wed.  Went out tonight and got all the stuff to build our walkway and bought a wheelburrow.  No big plans for tomorrow unless the ground is drained off enough to build our walkway.  Hubby bought the 1st season of MacGyver from Ebay for $10.  It has 24 episodes on it.  I LOVE MacGyver (am I dating myself?)  We'll watch a couple of episodes when the kids go to bed.

Winni, if you can find "The Good Guy", GRAB it!  If not, PM me your address and when I'm done (in 100pp), I'll mail it to you.  I found mine at Walmart (are there any other stores besides Walmart and Goodwill?) for $4.88.

Well, all my sweetie TBs, that's all from this side of the Mason Dixon.  Love pouring out to each of you.
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2008, 08:42:56 pm »
wow 4.88 is a good deal. I'll keep my eyes open. It would likely cost that much to mail it. LOL

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2008, 08:54:20 pm »
Evening Ladies----

Sorry, I didn't check in earlier but had an appointment with my primary doc today. Just a friendly check up, nothing major though I did talk to him about my feet. He told me what I already knew which is that I have Neuropathy. He wanted to give me some neurontin but I wasn't with that considering what I have heard about it. Instead we got to talking about my wanting to quit smoking. My insurance won't cover the Chantix for which he was glad because he instantly spoke about side effects again. So instead he wrote me a prescription for some Nicoderm CQ patches. Betty, have you used them before? I remember you mentioning patches. So in the meantime, he has told me to try to cut down on smoking and set up a quit date. I'm going for the end of July because it's the end of the month now and I have no cigs. So, I am hoping it will work.

We are all on pins and needles about the house because we didn't get a call today. My gay roomie left a message and my number would be the one they would call. I still am not thinking the worst, they probably have more applications than just ours. And since we did not get a call saying no, I am still hoping the best. My ASO on the other hand is pissing me off. I still have not heard anything in regards to breaking my lease here. I feel like they want me to try to stick it out til the end of my lease with these bugs and I don't find that acceptable at all!!!!

The guy I was talking about in regards to the webcam is still IMing me but he is starting to get on my nerves because when he sees me on Yahoo, he starts laying on the damn buzzer button to get my attention. I snapped at him tonight and told him I wish he wouldn't do that. It is irritating and I am partially deaf so I really can't hear it anyway. I also keep the volume down on the computer so he is basically wasting his time. It irritates me because it's like he will send me an IM and before I can even answer him, he is laying on the damn buzzer. And he worries me because he is acting needy to damn early in the game. Oh and Kevin is trying to get ahold of me again. He bought my best friend a case of Smirnoff just to talk to me and try to get me to date him again. In his fucking dreams, he just said too many things that turned me off.

Netta-- Good to see you again. Glad spending time with your fam is making things better for you.

Dragonette--Have you played a game on the computer called Wedding Dash? It is about a wedding planner who plans weddings. You have to sit the guests where they want to be seated and feed them food before they get pissed off or the bride and groom will get mad and turn into Bridezilla and Groomzilla. Your reference reminded me of the game.

Christy-- Glad things are working out with the guy from SC. Keep us posted.

Jshort--Disclosure is a personal issue to me. I think it should be done when the person feels ready to not when everyone else dictates it should. When the time is right, you will know. I use to feel that way about disclosing to doctors but I feel they should know and because of their profession should be more understanding than the average person. But sometimes it's not. I don't have problems when I disclose to those in the medical field.

Nothing planned for me other than to watch wrestling and begin the countdown. My check usually gets into my account by 1 am. I need to go to bed early because I have to go to court with my gay roomie tomorrow at 8:15am. After that I will be on the go, trying to get other things done. So, you may not hear from me til late, I won't say you won't hear from me because I'm always checking in on you all. Have a good night and pray we find out about the house tomorrow.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2008, 09:10:29 pm »
I meant to ask Betty why her check comes on the 3rd - not that I expect you to know why they picked that date.  I was just wondering, because our's comes on the 1st and I've never heard of anyone that gets their checks on any other day than that.  So, our's should be posted in just under 3hrs. - YEAH!  And within 12 hrs, most of it will be right out the door on it's way to the bill collectors.

Mum (who wishes uncle "bill" and uncle "sam" weren't so dang greedy)
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2008, 11:56:39 pm »
Hi Everyone-

Welcome JShorty!! I disclosed to my mother when I had to move back into her house, my father still doesn't know and when I told my mother it was 2 to 4 years after I found out.  I told an ex that has since passed away and a male friend that I used to work with ,but I would never do that again, you never know if they will tell someone else and then they might think they have something they can hold over your head especially if they are interested in you.  I met my SO on a poz website so I didn't have to worry about that.  I recently told some of my sons teachers because he was being assessed and I mentioned I was on disability and the physcologist kind of put me on the spot and I told him, I cried after the meeting but nothing really came of it. I have been kind of lucky as far as doctors are concerned.  Most of the doctors are usually very inquisitive but not unkind except on Gyn who told me I should have a hysterectomy because I was having pre-cancerous cells on my cervix that I had had for years.  I think she just didn't want me to have kids....4 healthy kids later she can kiss my ass :)

Win- I hope you are feeling better and please send my best wishes to Billy.

Betty- I hope you are feeling better too.  Your brownies sounded yummy right about now.

Drag- I couldn't get the website to come up but all your wedding plans sound very exciting.  I am so happy for you. Glad to hear you got your report done and I hope your wrists are feeling better.

Queen - Good Luck tomorrow, I hope you hear some good news about the house.  What the hell is up with Kevin, that seems so strange considering how he acted before.

Mum- I stole your "Pop" idea for my fathers gift.  He was away on fathers day and just came home last Monday. I found some pop tarts with knock knock jokes on them that he got a kick out of, so thank you! I get my SSDI on the 3rd too. I think it has to do with the social security versus the social security disability.  How is the solar dryer working? I hope your breathing is getting better.

cjc- I am glad you had a nice time on your date and that Robert is doing well.

Viv- My youngest kids are in pre-school and they gave me a whole list of things that kids should know and do before they even enter kindegarten.  Around here anyways, alot of the kids have a lot of behavioral problems as far as not being taught boundaries and manners so I think the poor teachers spend a lot of time disciplining rather than teaching.

Netta-I am so happy you have been enjoying your grandkids and your daughter company.  I hope you do get a chance to move. Those people drive me insane, I think they know they should have the shit done and they take thier frustrations out on us, when we throw shit back in thier face.   It is sad to say but you can't talk to anyone anymore without documenting who, what , where , when- so you can have information to throw in their face and just to cover your own ass. 

Keeping- How are things goin with you?

On top of the trip  lets b-day, my SO's son b-day was Thurs and the 3some had a graduation from pre-school on Friday.  Sat, I spent the day in bed with a pulled neck muscle and exhaustion.  My neck hurt so bad I could hardly brush my teeth, I have no idea what I did probably lifted something I shouldn't, my SO's son is in a wheelchair and we live in a split level ranch so I sometimes don't have much of a choice.  I am trying to re-orgainize my house, it is such a mess right now.  I am getting rid of the office and putting my daughter in there by herself, putting my older son in with the 2 younger boys in the largest bedroom , moving my bedroom from the basement to my oldest old room and moving all the kids bureaus downstairs near the laundry room so I can wash, fold and putaway without them getting into them.  I want to turn our hall closet into a small pantry so I can stock up on food in case shit does hit the fan, with the cost of food and gas going up, I don't want to get stuck with no food with all these kids.

I hope everyone has a good night!
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

tendai

« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2008, 05:04:14 am »
hi ladies

just a drive by to say hie.  we're ok over here.  theres no more violence now that they've gotten what they wanted, apart from some white farmers who were attacked recently.  Our "president" has gone for an African Union meeting but no-one seems able to speak up against him - the bunch of cowards.  the one man who was most vocal against him (Zambias president Mwanawasa) suffered a stroke before the meeting so no luck there. 
im not going to be at work until the 21st of july so i wont be able to log in much. but if and when i get into town i'll be sure to stop by and catch up with u ladies.
oh and i want to welcome Jshort to the forums. Nice to have you here J!
take care everyone  :-*
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 05:15:49 am by tendai »

Offline latifah

• Tall African Queen
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2008, 06:25:33 am »
HELLO ALL WONDERFUL LADIES OUT HERE I JUST REGISTERED HERE AND I CAN SAY I LIKE THE SITE AND LOOKING FORWARD TO TALK TO YOU. ITS PRETTY HOT HERE IN DAR ES SALAAM TANZANIA WISH I WAS IN A COOLER PLACES WITH ANYONE HERE  WHO LIVES IN ICELANDS ;D...HAHAHAH LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU ALL.

Offline minismom

« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2008, 06:52:17 am »
Tendai, it is SO good to hear from you!  I'm glad that you are well and safe.  Let's hope that the relative quiet continues.  Check in when you can and let us know that you and your family are safe.

Snow, you sound like me.  Earlier in June, I went on a mad wild organization stent.  I'm also trying to turn a hall / livingroom closet into a pantry.  We have 1 pantry that we bought, but it's HUGE and takes up most of the eating area in our kitchen.  Your house sounds like our's - split ranch.  When you enter our home, you are actually on the top floor.  The bottom floor is underground.  Our office/school room, 1 bathroom, the laundry room, craft room, and the kids' playroom are all downstairs.  It's nice in the summer because it stays so cool down there.  When I was pregnant with #5, Hubby and I had our bedroom down there, too.  We then moved our boys (after #5 was a boy) to our "old" bedroom - it was the biggest, and we moved back up to their old bedroom.  Our 3 girls are in 1 room, the 3 boys in the other, and Hubby and I sleep in the smallest bedroom, which is more the size of a small closet. :P  I wish we had the money to build all the bedrooms downstairs, but *sigh* that's not going to happen.  Oh, well, wishing is free.

The solar dryer is more like a solar washer at the moment.  We've had a ton of rain lately.  I think today is supposed to be rain-free, eventually.  I do like it, though.  I love the smell of clothes that have been dried outside.  Plus, with all the laundry we do, it's saving us by not running the dryer.  And, it's not heating up the house.  The kids bathed in the rain yesterday.  It wasn't thundering or lightening, so I figured, "why not?"  We even washed their hair.

Latifa, welcome to the boards.  Feel free to jump in and tell us more about yourself.  Oh, and just a note, it's really hard to read a post when it's in all caps. I read your post about your son.  I know that here, when our daughter was born, she was put on AZT for 6wks.  She was tested at 6wks and again at 8wks.

It's a lovely 58F outside getting up to about 70.  Another beautiful day - if it would ever stop raining.

Love to you all!

www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2008, 08:32:39 am »
Morning ladies,

Viv, it's almost over (school).  Start the next countdown!

Cristy, I'm glad to hear your date went well.  Do you know when you'll be talking to/seeing the guy again?  You know we want details!

Queen, yes, I used patches before.  In fact, when I used the patches was when I had my most successful quit.  The reason I started again was because of my mum getting really sick (right before she died), and then I didn't quit because my father got real sick (right before he died).  And I just haven't quit since.  I don't like Chantix.  But, my insurance doesn't cover patches anymore, ever since Chantix came out.  Which sucks.  I do have about a box and 1/2 of patches that I bought earlier this year.  I'm trying to think of a good date to quit/if I really want to quit.  Which I do.  Good luck with that.  You're probably in the courtroom right now.  Please let us know how that goes.  And what the hell does Kevin want?  It's been awhile since you last heard from him, right?  Asshole.

Snow, I hope your neck muscle feels better.  It sucks to pull a muscle.  I pulled one in my lower back a couple years ago and was is agony.  Good luck getting your house organized.  It was nice to hear from you, by the way.

Tendai, so good to hear from you.  Anytime you can, please let us know how you're doing.  We worry about you.  Meanwhile, we'll all be thinking about you. 

Latifah, welcome to the forums.  Whenever you feel up to it, tell us more about yourself.

Mum, (most) people who get full SSDI get their checks on the 3rd.  People who get their checks on the 1st get SSI, which is more of a welfare-based social security.  In order to get SSDI, a person has to have enough work credits.  That's the difference.  Nowadays, some people get their checks on different days of the month.  When I started getting SSDI, everyone on that got their checks on the 3rd.  I think though that today so many people are on disability, that they had to start staggering the days.  That's the easiest explanation I can come up with this early. :P   Here right now it's 60 out, but it's supposed to get up to 81.  Yesterday it only got up to 71.  I just love it when it stays that cool.  It's not raining here though.  I hope it stops there.

Nothing planned for today, except going to my doctor's and picking up a prescription and getting it filled.  I've been smoking outside the past few weeks, since I had that last bout of sickness.  So, before I venture into the rest of the forums, I'm going to go outside and have a ciggie.  I'll probably be back later.  Have a good morning ladies.

Edited to add:  Queen, I take 2400 mgs a day of Neurontin.  I've never had any bad side effects from it and it takes care of the neuropathy pain very well.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 11:47:31 am by Bettytacy »

Offline latifah

• Tall African Queen
Re: A little bit about myself....
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2008, 09:27:22 am »
Hello Girls...hope your all having a pleasant day.

Let me start by saying I really appreaciate the warm welcome Bettytacy,Minismom and all of you lovely women here.

Im an African woman a Tanzanian 31 years old single I have one son.  Im 6'2 tall a few extra pounds.

Im slightly shy but charming with a great sense of humour.

I work for a Media Company nothing fancy as long as I have my daily bread llife goes on ....

I was diagonised last year July when I was pregnant ..I still dont know if my sons infected or not..this drives me nuts sometimes..

Im not in any kind of medication yet cos my CD4 are over 500, actually I had another test yesterday will be getting my results on thursday  Im keeping my fingers crossed. At the moment Im taking alot of veggies,fruits and doing alot of aerobics.

Wishing you all good health and a perfect day!

Offline jshort

« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2008, 09:45:56 am »
Good morning ladies!!!!

Latifah- I was diagnosed last June while pregnant with my son. I know all too well what your going through. Its nerve wracking! My son has tested neg all along and after 5months they said he is definitly negative. we will test him at 18 months just to make sure he's lost all of my antibodies. Please feel free to PM me if you need to talk or vent. I know your nerves are a mess right now but with todays medical advances your babies chances of being neg are very good. hang in there!

mom- wow 6 kids!! I have four and I know how crazy things can get, im sure 6 is no better. Im glad to see someone else with a clan of kids like me!! It does get chaotic but I love my big family, i'm sure you'll agree motherhood is very rewarding.

Snow- try alternating cold and hot compresses on your neck that usually helps. I hope you feel better soon!

Queen- you may have to get a bit "ghetto" on the webcam weirdo!! Ive delt with men like that before and they do become anoying because they can be very persistant. I would tolerate it for a bit then they would anoy me to the point where I'd have to show them my "bitch" side. I'd make sure they didnt want to message me again. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

win-so sorry to hear about billy

betty- yumm brownies!! sounds good, i havent had brownies in awhile im dieting so trying to stay away from the sweets. its hard.....very hard.

If i missed anyone I hope your all doing well today.

As for me nothing too exciting. Im exausted, i woke up that way. Im dreading the housework I have to do today but it must be done. Those with children know what a mess they can make in little time if you dont keep up with the house. I'm hoping to get enough energy to make it to the gym today. I'm on a diet and have begun working out. I need to lose about 25 pounds. Im working my ass off but not seeing much progress, im frustrated but Im not giving up. After having my last child I gained lots of weight. Im the heaviest Ive ever been and Im suffering from a bit of depression because of it. I need to do something about it so I weight train and do some cardio at least 4 times a week and have begun watching what I eat. I did slip up yesterday and eat a piece of cake so now I feel down because of it.

Well ladies I'm off to grab another cup of coffee (my 2nd) and get my big ole but moving today. hopefully I get some energy and can enoy this beautiful day we're having here in NY. Love to all!!!!

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2008, 10:10:41 am »
Tendai- Glad to hear you are doing well, I have been thinking of you.  There was something on the news the other day that Bush and his crew were going to have the United Nations do something about your situation? I hope something changes for the better soon.

Jshort- Thank you, my neck is feeling better, it just hurts when I move it in a certain way.  Where in NY are you?  I would like to lose about 20 to 25 lbs too, I have started walking at night with a friend.  Try not to get down on yourself when you eat something you shouldn't.

Latifah-  Welcome! I hope you can find out your sons status so you can have some piece of mind.  One of my good friends growing up was your height.  Do you have to special order your shoes?

Betty- I hope you had a good visit with the doctor. How has your knees been feeling?

Mum- Your house sounds almost exactly like mine except that I only have one bathroom in the whole house, it really sucks with 2 adults and 4 kids.  I get no privacy at all especially after the thing popped off the door so it won't shut tight even the dogs come in when I am in there.  Sounds like you are having beautiful weather there today, I can't stand it when it is too hot.

I am not doing much today, laundry, cleaning and taking the elderly lady I volunteer for to the library. Hopefully tonight I will go walking, it has been raining a lot around here too.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Snow

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.