Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:00:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 321
Total: 321

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: From Egypt  (Read 3891 times)

Offline nani

From Egypt
« on: December 13, 2016, 03:31:13 pm »
I'm khaled  from Egypt ...I tested poz from year before ... I feel sad and disappointed actually  I broke up with my friends and lovers cause I prefer to be alone this time I'm afraid to go to Egyptian hospital  for aids to take hiv medicine ..
I feel my life is over  I don'tknow why Im writing this post but I feel comfortable  when I write it .....

Thanks

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: From Egypt
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 03:40:31 pm »
Hi

So I am sorry to hear about how you are feeling at the moment, but your life is not over and you have far more to give and left to do. You have isolated yourself and you can also choose to change that. 

First go to see your doctor and start your treatment and care for yourself both physically and than also mentally.

Wishing you all the best and sorry that I could not sound more encouraging, I mean you well and feel free to keep posting we are here for you.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 05:54:53 pm »

OJO        HELLO...I'M SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SITUATION, AND I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW AWFUL MUST BE TO GET A DIAGNOSIS IN THAT PART OF THE WORLD, BUT, I THINK YOU HAVE TO OVERCOME YOUR FEARS OR WHATEVER YOUR EMOTIONS MIGHT BE, BECAUSE YOUR LIFE IS VERY IMPORTANT TO YOU AND LOVED ONES, SO, PLEASE, GO AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, GET YOUR MEDS AND START TREATMENT, IS ONE OF THE TWO OPTIONS WE HAVE, THE OTHER OPTION IS TO WAIT AND DIE, WHICH I THINK THAT CHOOSING THIS OPTION IS STUPID NOWADAYS, IT TAKES, SOMETIMES, JUST ONE PILL A DAY TO KEEP HAVING A NORMAL LIFE, I TAKE FOUR PILLS TWICE A DAY, AND I'M GRATEFUL THE PILLS ARE THERE FOR ME, YOU WILL BE GRATEFUL TO HAVE IT/THEM...PLEASE KEEP WRITING ON HERE, WE ARE HERE FOR YOU, WE WANT YOU TO HELP YOU MAKE THE RIGHT DESICION AMD WE WILL BE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU WITH ENCOURAGMENT AND INFORMATION...YOU CAN LEAN ON US, YOU ARE NOT ALONE AND YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE ALONE, DO NOT ISOLATE FROM YOUR FRIENDS, TRUST ME, IT IS NOT A GOOD FEELING, I KKNOW IT BECAUSE I DID IT...HUGS...NAMASTE                            OJO

Offline harleymc

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 03:21:43 am »
Hi Nani
You won't take medications because you 'feel your life is over', did I understand that right?

You have back to front thinking.
If you take medications you can have a long and fulfilled life with love achievements and friends.

Go see a professional psychologist, get your thinking straight then get some HIV treatment.

Take care of yourself, if not for yourself, then do it for your family so they can be proud of you.

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 06:50:21 pm »
Your life certainly isn't over.

HIV is not what it once was, and there is no reason you shouldn't live to old age, but ONLY if you take and stay adherent to medication.

I know it's harder in some countries than others to deal with it, so accept that is a problem (we have at least one other member from Egypt who posts here) but it doesn't change the above fact....take meds, and live a full and healthy life. The opposite of your life being 'over'.

And as others have said, seek psychological help if you need it, without doubt.
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 10:49:08 pm »
I visit Cairo regularly. Stigma is astronomically high.
http://www.cairoscene.com/In-Depth/Living-with-HIV-in-Egypt

khaled - you have got to seek out treatment and also other egyptians who have HIV and get support from them. I know it isn't easy but that's life, one of the challenges. Don't let your mind or your culture make you a victim.  Remember in some parts of the world, living with HIV is almost banal. So these things are relative. That doesn't fix the problem for you in Egypt but it may help separate the perception that things MUST be gloomy.

If I could go with you to the hospital I would but I would be there in spirit. Maybe you can find, somehow, locally someone HIV+ to help you along a bit and give you moral support.  If the doctors bully you, try to let it go in one ear and out the other. They have small minds, and shame on them, really. Not shame on you.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline nani

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 03:15:33 pm »
thanks guys a lot for your  support words  I'm trying to contact with hiv+ in egpyt and take some support from them
....I thank God for this froum. that help me so much ......
mech .I always  read yur replays and comments and I I admire yur replay thanks man .......

Offline harleymc

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 09:34:50 pm »
nani,
I do hope you start to feel better about yourself and your life.

A major thing that has helped me in wanting to live, has been volunteering. Find something you feel passionate about and find an organisation or other people who feel passionate about the same thing.

You make the world a better place, you feel good helping other people and the interactions with other people will help you and them feel good too. Give it a try you may find a reason to live long and with good health.

Big hugs.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.