Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:58:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772950
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 450
Total: 452

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Dont Kno Whats Going On?  (Read 4600 times)

Offline hotsk8tr18

Dont Kno Whats Going On?
« on: August 23, 2006, 06:57:04 pm »
Im a 21 yo male

Since i was about 16 ive done alot of stupid things such as hooking up with random guys and girls, i had unprotected sex with one girl a long time ago and with the guys i only usually topped i never bottomed and i mostly used a condom. For the last 2 years ive felt tired and shitty not being able to concentrate etc. This last month i started off with a viral infection of the mouth which consisted of like 50 sores in my mouth after that went away i got shingles which is i heard extreammly unlikely for a person my age, i am now currently experiencing the shingles and now my toungue is very sore and looks to be developing a white coating on it im thinking some thrush maybe but i dont kno

Maybe im just panicking here but what is the chances of the HIV hiding in my system and having no symptoms until now does this sound possible and if these are stupid questions like 50% of them in this forum lol i apolgize for wasting your time just wanna put my mind at ease and hope all this is a huge coincidence

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
Re: Dont Kno Whats Going On?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 07:03:38 pm »
Hotskate,

HIV is impossible to diagnose from symptoms because they are variable and look allot like other ailments, so they cannot provide you with a clear answer no matter how convincing they may seem.

As for shingles, I had it once too.  Was in great shape at the time, seemingly healthy, so don't fit puzzles together that will only drive you mad.

You MUST, MUST use condoms 100% of the time to protect yourself.  Topping is a risk, as is unprotected vaginal sex.  No exceptions on the condom use. 

You need a HIV test to check your status.  Wait 13 weeks from your last UNprotected exposure and get a test so you can be sure of your status.  You have had a risk, as for you chances, they matter not.  Topping is lower risk than bottom, its harder for a woman to transmit HIV to a man, but in any case, these facts only help your mind, you need a test to be sure.

Also, since you are sexually active, a full STD panel is advised say annually ok?

CONDOMS.  Anything else is putting yourself at risk for something you seriously don't want.

Sae.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 07:05:42 pm by Sae »
Meh.

Offline hotsk8tr18

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 07:05:10 pm »
thanks so much for the quick reply

I did have a blood test where did they checked for HIV like 6 months ago and it was negative but now with all these new symptoms i was thinking maybe it hid from the test but i honestly think my mind is just making myself worry for no reason lol

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 07:05:57 pm »
Hotsk8tr,

Having unprotected sex has put you at risk for many std's including hiv.  You need to test.

All responsible adults should have regular sexual health checkups and be screened for all STD's at least once a year.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 07:06:14 pm »
Sk8r

If you're sexually active you should have a full STD screen twice a year, which would include an HIV antibody test. I encourage you to make an appointment with your doctor or local clinic. When it comes to diagnosing HIV, symptoms are meaningless. The only way to be sure is to have a test 12-13 weeks from the date of an unprotected sexual encounter.

As for shingles, while it's uncommon in healthy young people, you're not "extremely unlikley" to get it. A lot of things can bring on an attack of shingles, including stress. Shingles is by no means indicative of HIV infection. People with healthy functioning immune systems get shingles too.

I would encourage you to read our Welcome Thread to learn more about HIV is and is not transmitted.

Best regards,

MtD

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 07:07:11 pm »
The blood test for HIV is valid..

IF AND ONLY IF, it was 13 weeks after your last exposure.

Please be sure.  CONDOMS CONDOMS and MORE CONDOMS.

Sae.
Meh.

Offline hotsk8tr18

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 07:08:51 pm »
I dont think i did anything bad after that test lol ive settled down now i was a stupid horny kid back in the day and damn im lucky now that i think of what i did. I just had a blood test done 2 days ago to check for HIV again and to check my immune system but im expecting a negative now that i think of it and thanks to you guys

thanks again my mind is at ease

thank you so much

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 07:21:32 pm »
Sk8r-boi,

I recall being a randy teenager too. ;D

Remember to be screened for other STD's too. Chlamydia and gonorrhoea for example are much more prevalent and contagious than HIV. Fortunately they are 100% curable. You can carry those bugs without any symptoms by the way.

Like Sae says: condoms, condoms, condoms!

Regards,

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.