Main Forums > Living With HIV

Approaching 5 years Positive

<< < (2/5) > >>

joemutt:

--- Quote from: PozChilean on April 17, 2021, 12:56:23 pm ---I'm glad you're doing well!

I didn't realize meds were so expensive in Thailand; my Complera bottle costs 1/3 of what you pay for (90% is covered by my insurance).

--- End quote ---

Depends; my meds cost about 50 usd per month here in Thailand. For my boyfriend they are free, not even 30 thb.
I am going to be 24 years on meds and 26 years here next month.
Good health to everyone!

terrymoore:
Hi Dave R,
For me it is also 5 years. i have decided to stop thinking about it and live a normal life and try not to give this thing of ours any thought. Sometimes, of course, we have no choice - twice a year for my checkups, when covid started and i worried, visa renewals and med-checks, travel etc. In general though, i have accepted and just try to move on.
Regarding Biktarvy, i am also considering moving to this regime. I am also on Complera and hate the food requirement - it is just a pain in the ass and forces me to eat when i really do not want to...(the problems we have these days...).
I worry that Biktarvy won`t be as available as the generic Complera. What do you think? I buy my meds at the TRC - much cheaper.
WDYT?

daveR:
I was concerned about availability also, generic Complera comes in many shapes and forms so there should never be a supply problem with that. I was given the genuine Gilead Biktarvy, I did ask about the supply and she said it is ok. Now becoming more of the desired treatment at the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. I think the TRC has had the generic version for a while so I think it will be a good move. The only thing that would concern me about generics is that most come from India and Covid is currently causing a lot of issues over there, not sure if that will have any knock on effect on drug supplies.
I was happy to make the swap though, I was getting tired of the food requirements. Lunch had become more of a chore than a pleasure, that and my kidneys had just gone slightly out of tolerance again. Other than that, I could not question the efficacy of Complera, it has done me well.

joemutt:

--- Quote from: daveR on April 29, 2021, 01:35:25 am --- The only thing that would concern me about generics is that most come from India and Covid is currently causing a lot of issues over there, not sure if that will have any knock on effect on drug supplies.

--- End quote ---
Hi Dave R,
Yes, with what is going on there now that would cause me also some concern.

fabio:
I'm glad you are doing better now. Hopefully the regimen you have currently is convenient for you as well,although the fact you have to pay for it sucks.
The first years are difficult,even though I don't have much of the sentimentality or dramatic reaction now when taking meds,I still have days where I think about it and it gets me down for about 1 hour then I come to my senses again haha. It's definitely not going to keep us from loving our lives normally,that is for certain .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version