Main Forums > Living With HIV

Approaching 5 years Positive

<< < (3/5) > >>

daveR:
Just did my first check up after the switch from Complera to Biktarvy. Still waiting the CD4 count and viral load results but the general Kidney function and Liver function work came through straight away, and is not as good as expected. The main reason to switch regimes was to improve my Kidney function, however after 2 1/2 months on Biktarvy my creatinine levels are still rising slowly. Previously on Complera it ranged from 1.17 to up to 1.24, this didn't bother my Dr. This time it has increased to 1.33 which seemed to have concerned her more. Cholesterol has also gone up.
A google search shows me a creatinine level of up to 1.3 is considered normal, so I have no idea why she switched medication, although I was happy to do it to drop the food requirement. Today though she has given me a 1 week supply of Kivexa and Dolutegavir, Triumeq in a two pill formula, with an appointment to check Kidney function again in one week. Full checks including ultrasound, prostate and blood work. No allergy test was given for the Kivexa, was warned of what to look for though. Hopefully this will either bring the Kidneys back into specification or perhaps point to another issue.
Not happy to have to change regimes again after 5 years on Complera, had hoped Biktarvy would have been the final one. She did say if my Kidney function does not improve after this switch she may keep me on Biktarvy, we can make that decision on the day of the tests.

All in all, not the result I was hoping for, although still not sure it is something to even be concerned about. We did dig up an old blood test result from 2006 with a creatinine level of 1.3, nobody even mentioned it back then.

Dave

Acesra:
Dear Dave R,

Thank you for sharing. Good to hear that you are doing well.

May I ask about how to get Biktarvy in Thailand please?
I wasn't aware that it's available in Thailand. Was it prescribed by your doctor, and you could by it at the hospital pharmacy?

Thank you

daveR:

--- Quote from: Acesra on September 24, 2021, 07:30:00 am ---Dear Dave R,

Thank you for sharing. Good to hear that you are doing well.

May I ask about how to get Biktarvy in Thailand please?
I wasn't aware that it's available in Thailand. Was it prescribed by your doctor, and you could by it at the hospital pharmacy?

Thank you

--- End quote ---

Hi Ascesra,

It was prescribed by my Dr at the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya at my last visit in April 2021, availabe at their pharmacy. It was not there 6 months prior to that. Genuine Gilead product. Price approximately 3600 Thai Baht per bottle. I would say with a good amount of certainty that it should be available at any of the Bangkok Hospital chain in Thailand.

Regards
Dave

Acesra:

--- Quote from: daveR on September 24, 2021, 08:03:23 am ---Hi Ascesra,

It was prescribed by my Dr at the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya at my last visit in April 2021, availabe at their pharmacy. It was not there 6 months prior to that. Genuine Gilead product. Price approximately 3600 Thai Baht per bottle. I would say with a good amount of certainty that it should be available at any of the Bangkok Hospital chain in Thailand.

Regards
Dave

--- End quote ---

Hi Dave, thank you for this information. It's wonderful to know that Biktarvy is now available in Thailand.

zach:

--- Quote ---Price approximately 3600 Thai Baht per bottle.
--- End quote ---

:o

wtf am I doing in the US groveling to recertify ryan white every 6 months

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version