Main Forums > Living With HIV

COVID-19 Thread

<< < (3/88) > >>

zach:
Guys... everything is just fine, our president has put mike pence in charge. With his proven record fighting viral outbreaks, we can count on him to protect us

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: zach on February 26, 2020, 08:47:02 pm ---Guys... everything is just fine, our president has put mike pence in charge. With his proven record fighting viral outbreaks, we can count on him to protect us

--- End quote ---

;D

J.R.E.:

Speaking of the incompetent robotic pence :

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ocasio-cortez-knocks-pence-utterly-irresponsible-to-put-him-in-charge-of-us-coronavirus-response/ar-BB10tK6y?li=BBnb7Kz

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/leads-coronavirus-response-pence-criticized-handling-hiv-outbreak/story?id=69255588

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) criticized Vice President Pence hours after President Trump said he would be putting him in charge of the administration's response to the spread of the new coronavirus known as COVID-19.

"Mike Pence literally does not believe in science," she tweeted on Wednesday night. "It is utterly irresponsible to put him in charge of US coronavirus response as the world sits on the cusp of a pandemic. This decision could cost people their lives. Pence's past decisions already have."

She also took aim at Pence's handling of an HIV outbreak in Indiana during his time as governor of the state in another tweet, saying: "As governor, Pence's science denial contributed to one of the worst HIV outbreaks in Indiana's history."

Delby:
Hey Guys

As the situation around the globe ramps up, it seems inevitable that COVID-19 is going to turn pandemic. Most scientists and health professions believe it is a case of when and not if now. Mortality rates are similar to those witnessed in general influenza but what makes this different is the rate of transmission. We are dealing with a highly contagious virus.

Being poz, I cant help but feel somewhat nervous about whats round the corner. Whether we like it or not, we are immune compromised, despite the advances weve made in treating HIV. We are therefore one of the groups that are vulnerable as well as those with diabetes, asthma, etc.

What do people think?

Im not trying to scare anyone but interested in hearing peoples opinions on how the HIV population should be dealing with this and what are your thoughts about our chances of survival compared to the general population?

Sorry to sound so apocalyptic but its a little tense out there.

Delby x

CR2016:
Just yesterday i thoght about that. In Mxico was found 2 or 3 diagnosed; one of them in the state where im living. Its worrying, i have not found info about impact in people with our conditios (POZ); i really dont know if all POZ are immunologically very suceptible or not. I would like to believe that by being under ARV regime we can be at the level of any non-POZ person. In dont really know yet, but we must be calm but not careless in the general advices.
regards and well wait for any info about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version