Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Marzo 18, 2024, 10:18:08 pm

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 772781
  • Total de Temas: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 1
Guests: 231
Total: 232

-no title-

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: Relaxed But concerned  (Leído 4418 veces)

Desconectado actorslove2007

Relaxed But concerned
« en: Enero 22, 2007, 06:05:11 am »
Hi Guys,

I'm writing to you hoping i could get some confirmation.

My sexual encounter goes back to over 9 months, when i hired a GIRL. I gave her a rim job followed by unrotected fellatio.
Then we did it.......unfortunately we dint use a condom!!!!! it later struck me that i was a fool...

I had asked her about her status, but she confidently said she was safe & tested!! But i had my doubts.

well i did not test thus far, till about 8 months after the incident....cozi was scared as hell....but then i did...& it was a NEGATIVE!!!!

i'M A BIT RELAXED NOW, HOWEVER I HEARD OF LATE SEROCONVERSION!

cOULD U PLEASE TELL ME WHETHER I'M A CANDIDATE.....

THE TEST WAS AN ELISA SCREENING......NOW IT'S 9 MONTHS, I EVEN DID A dna pcr A WEEK AGO, OF WHICH THE RESULTS ARE NEGATIVE

pLEASE TELL ME WHERE I STAND.................

Desconectado RapidRod

Re: Relaxed But concerned
« Respuesta #1 en: Enero 22, 2007, 07:15:04 am »
You're negative.

Desconectado Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Respuesta #2 en: Enero 22, 2007, 08:53:48 am »
As Rod has told you, you have reliably tested negative for HIV. The CDC is quite conservative with regard to testing and for sometime have accepted 13 weeks as a reliable such point.

The only exceptions are those who are IV drug users or someone with a severely depleted immune system such as someone being treated for cancer.

You were fortunate this time. Make sure that in the future everytime you have intercourse you use a condom. No exceptions, no matter what you think you know about your partner's history.

This time out you're ok.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

« Respuesta #3 en: Enero 22, 2007, 08:55:40 am »
Hey thanx for that response, so i really dun need to be worried even though the encounter i had was an unprotected one...........

I heard that unprotected sex carries a huge risk of hIV transmission....

well we din do anal though, it was only vaginal but for a long time!!!!  I'm really happy i've escaped & i plan to use condoms always in the future!!!

what about the various spins of late seroconversion or innapropriate sample collection....i mean these keep wandering i my mind, though i must say the tests i did were from recognsed laboratories suggested by my medico...

what other precautions could i take in the future so that i dun need to let my mind freak out?????

& is the 6 month post negative a sure shot result!!!!!!

Desconectado RapidRod

« Respuesta #4 en: Enero 22, 2007, 08:58:28 am »
If you were one to fall into the class of late seroconversion. You wouldn't be asking you would have already known. You would be under treatment.

« Respuesta #5 en: Enero 22, 2007, 09:01:56 am »
so i guess all the symptoms i've had such as altered bowel, headaches, few rashes on the face which come & go could all be because of stress...well that's what my doc says, he says that i'm taking a lot of stress.

Now just one doubt, i'm & have been a heavy smoker for sometime, though yet i haven't been hardly affected by it, i plan to quit too, trust me :), now does heavy smoking have anything to do with late serconversion???? can th system get deplted in some way that i could seroconvert late..

well as i was typing this i observed ur reply....thanx feels good about the late seroconversion going out of the window!!

well i must reiterate that my post 8 month Elisa & the DnA PcR to follow that were Negative & Undetected respectively....

Please advise!!!!

Desconectado RapidRod

« Respuesta #6 en: Enero 22, 2007, 09:26:30 am »
Smoking does not cause late serconversion.

Desconectado Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Respuesta #7 en: Enero 22, 2007, 09:56:11 am »
Use a condom everytime you have intercourse, whether vaginal or anal and you will be fine as far as HIV is concerned.

Testing beyond 13 weeks is needed only in the circumstances mentioned above.

Take a breath, let go of this concern for this time and get on with your life. No kidding.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.