Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:09:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 349
Total: 350

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV worry  (Read 7614 times)

Offline walter707

• Standard
HIV worry
« on: December 21, 2013, 12:27:44 pm »
I recently faced a prostitute 3 weeks back and I have few things to ask. When I met the prostitute 10 minutes earlier, she had sex with my friend, I removed her all clothes and I was only wearing cotton underwear. I rubbed base-mid of my penis with underwear on the vagina lips area for about 5-10 seconds and than I masturbated for like 10 minutes with underwear on.
My concern here is that if her vaginal fluid (1 or 2 drop) contacted my underwear while I was rubbing it to vagina and than my penis head was hitting the same area on my underwear where that 1 drop vaginal fluid was, when masturbating. (I released some pre-cum as well when masturbating). Please advise if there is a risk in this ? We did not have penetrative sex at all.

Also, a day before this, I shaved my penis and testicle area with razor blade. I dont think if any I had any minor cut on the shaft of the penis.
Is there a concern if the penis shaft is having minor cut because of razor blade.
Please advise.

I am having fatigue kind of feeling from past 1 day but I believe its more to do with stress/anxiety I  am taking - thats the person I am. I stress a lot.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: HIV worry
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 12:56:22 pm »
You did not have a risk . The risk from sexually acquiring HIV is from unprotected vaginal and anal sex . The fluids a woman makes when excited comes from glands near the vagina opening and is not infectious for HIV . If present, HIV resides deep in the vagina in a mucosa near the cervix and that is why its not a risk to rub or get those fluids on your penis .

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME for this incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than HIV. Some of the other STDs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid HIV infection. It really is that simple!

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline walter707

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 12:01:01 am »
Hi Jeff
Thanks for the reply. Just wanna confirm if i had minor cut on my penis shaft(because of razor blade) and that area hitting the area of my underwear where those 1-2 drops vagina fluids were. Please advise.
Regards
Walter

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 05:33:20 am »
Hi Jeff
Thanks for the reply. Just wanna confirm if i had minor cut on my penis shaft(because of razor blade) and that area hitting the area of my underwear where those 1-2 drops vagina fluids were. Please advise.
Regards
Walter
  You've been told multiple times that you never had an exposure.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 08:10:48 am »
I read your concern carefully and there was not a risk in anything you did .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline walter707

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 11:47:07 pm »
Mr. Jeff as I said earlier that she had sex with my friend 10 minz earlier, so if the cervix fluid slipped and moved down  to vagina lips ? As after the sex, she got up wore clothes and had a smoke. Than our act started.
Sorry for bothering.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 12:11:58 am »
Mr. Jeff as I said earlier that she had sex with my friend 10 minz earlier, so if the cervix fluid slipped and moved down  to vagina lips ? As after the sex, she got up wore clothes and had a smoke. Than our act started.
Sorry for bothering.

It would not have mattered if she was HIV positive and her fluids soaked your underwear because that's not the way HIV is transmitted . You did not and could not possibly get HIV from vaginal fluids on your penis or underwear .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 09:57:08 am »
Walter,

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. For this reason, you are NOT going to become infected with hiv through getting vaginal fluids on your underwear. Not even frottage (rubbing naked body parts together WITHOUT penetration) is a risk for hiv infection.

In adults, hiv is transmitted by:

Unprotected anal intercourse.

Unprotected vaginal intercourse.

Sharing drug injecting equipment.

And that's it.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER GETTING SOME FLUIDS ON YOUR KNICKERS, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline walter707

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 12:52:44 pm »
Hello
I know my risk is no risk. Can you please explain why i got this lump at my groin - size of 1-1.5 mm appeared after 5 weeks of risk(not visible from all angle - if I open my legs its not visible and when closing it is visible) . Now at day 19 its almost gone. Very hardly visible but i have inflammation feeling in the groin now and from past few days . Please advise if this is ars ? Or something else.

If this lump is just another lump, than why would it appear after exposure during this time. Never had such lump earlier. Just too confused. I am confident that my exposure is equal to none as advised by experts through different forums.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 01:13:43 pm »
We can not explain any thing regarding your health and you should be discussing it with your doctor .

You did not have an exposure to HIV so go to the doctor and find out why you are sick . You can not be diagnosed over the internet .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline walter707

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 10:40:51 am »
Hello again
I did my hiv elisa 4th generation anti hiv and p24 antigen test at 8 weeks few days ago and it came out negative. I know I should be waiting for 3 months mark.
My worry is that here I have carried out this test in a third world country and I doubt the reliability of tests (even at 3 months mark). Although the clinic looked professional but I want to know the sensitivity of the 4th generation tests. How often do we see false results in such tests. Does calibration of machine play any role ? I carried out the test twice in 3 days to get rid of my anxiety but unfortunetly its still there.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 10:44:08 am »
Walter, you do not have HIV and do not need to test again . You never had an exposure . 

The test you took are all good reliable test and you are conclusively HIV negative .
Some HIV test like the antibody test you took can give false positive results but they are not prone to false negatives . If you have HIV the test would have picked it up by now so do not worry about the test reliability or that you need to repeat them because its now conclusive that you do not have HIV and its no wonder that you do not since you never had a risk in the first place .   
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:35:33 am by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline walter707

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 11:50:58 am »
Hello There,
My exposure was not an exposure but whenever I think back, I remember I did not remove my shorts at all but frottage (laying on her back)I am scared if my penis penetrated to vagina/anus, which I think is not possible but scared if that had happened.
I just want to inform you that I did another test on Day 86 from two different clinics and the tests they used were HIV 1 & 2 AB / AG P24 - Using ABOTT ARCHITECT test & HIV 1 & 2 AB / AG P24 - Using CMIA test - both came out non reactive.
I am still scared that I didn't touch the 90 days mark, just a few days short. Please advise if I can consider this test conclusive and move on with life.
I am depressed like hell and lost weight so badly that every other person I know say that. Mainly because of stress I dont feel like eating, I dint go out alot, I didn't sleep with my partner from a while, scared of infecting her. I cant enjoy any moment of life, whenever I have something to smile about this thought comes in my mind about HIV & I go back to depression.
I have read hepatitis C can transfer during sex and can delay seroconversion.
Please give me your best advise here.
Regards,
Walter

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 11:53:14 am »
Walter, you do not have HIV and do not need to test again . You never had an exposure . 

The test you took are all good reliable test and you are conclusively HIV negative .
Some HIV test like the antibody test you took can give false positive results but they are not prone to false negatives . If you have HIV the test would have picked it up by now so do not worry about the test reliability or that you need to repeat them because its now conclusive that you do not have HIV and its no wonder that you do not since you never had a risk in the first place .   

You do not have HIV . Go get some counseling if you cant accept it .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline walter707

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 12:00:10 pm »
Jeff,
Please advise if hepatitis C is a concern for late seroconversion ? If infected simultaneously along with HIV.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 12:12:45 pm »
Jeff,
Please advise if hepatitis C is a concern for late seroconversion ? If infected simultaneously along with HIV.

Its not a concern . I cant make it any more clear than you do not have HIV .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline walter707

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 05:00:42 pm »
Hello Jeff, Rod and Ann
I did another 3 tests of 4th gen on day 131  and a PCR Quantative test on Day 131 as well. All negative.
Thanks for your kind support throughout this hell time I have gone through.
Still anxious about results but I knw I am like that.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:03:29 pm by walter707 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 05:03:33 pm »
Hello Jeff, Teak and Ann
I did another 3 tests of 4th gen on day 131  and a PCR Quantative test on Day 131 as well. All negative.
Thanks for your kind support throughout this hell time I have gone through.
Still anxious about results but I knw I am like that.
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.