Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:51:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 216
Total: 216

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hola AM Family  (Read 4408 times)

Offline Webbie

Hola AM Family
« on: July 04, 2006, 07:59:25 pm »
Good evening all,

Happy 4th to you in the USA!

I thought I would stop in and say hi and givea little update from Mexico.

Life goes on with out Manuel, hard as it is. I started on the meds but had to stop afer only 3 days do to another little health problem (Heart attack), but I will restart as soon as I can.

I have a very nice nurse staying with me right now, it really helps to have another person it the house again.

It is still hard for me to deal with Manuel´s passing, and my limitation to save him. But I know I have to go on my failure with Manuel has taught mea lot and I know I have to learn alot more about this disease.

I wish posative thought to you all,
Webbie

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: Hola AM Family
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 09:44:54 pm »
hi Webbie - glad a nurse is helping you. i remember your story about Manuel. it made me cry. wishing the best for you. be well and peaceful. Alex

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 10:44:23 pm »
Hola Scot,

I was just thinking about you today... Not very American of me to be thinking of someone in Quintana Roo on a blessed American holiday but, so be it.  I guess I casually misplaced my stars and stripes when I got up this morning.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

I FOUND MY STARS AND STRIPES, THEY WERE IN THE UPPER LEFT BUREAU DRAWER, next to the lease I thought I lost
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 10:47:20 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 09:54:19 am »
Hey Webbie,
I was thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were doing. I'm glad you checked in.

I'm sorry about the heart attack. I remember the valiant strides you took to help Manuel, and of his  passing and how hard that was for you. The only thing that will make this easier is time. It won't erase the pain, but it will become more tolerable.

Now, please take care of yourself and check back in when possible to let us know how things are going.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 10:11:00 am »
Hi Scott...

I've had you on my mind for weeks now, and had a sense of foreboding. And now I understand why.

You made such a deep impression on so many of us through your gallant efforts during Manuel's last days, Scot. I was worried, then, that those efforts might take their toll upon you, so severe was your stress.

Please try to relax that weary body and mind as best you can...the world has need of champions like yourself, my dear man.

Wishing you healing, and Peace...

Love,

Zephyr :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 04:17:41 pm »
Scot,

guess you felt those vibes from many of us down there in QR!  I was wondering about you too, especially since many people were posting questions asking about other Forum members recently.

I'm very sorry to hear about your health problems, but thank goodness there is a wonderful nurse to help you out.

Keeping you in my thoughts during this difficult time, mijo.

Take care,
John

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.