Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:00:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 619
Total: 622

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Is this Stress HIV or Another thing??  (Read 11705 times)

Offline cali17758

Is this Stress HIV or Another thing??
« on: July 15, 2009, 02:59:35 pm »
Hi,

I'm a guy had unprotected sex with another guy, The encounter was unprotected oral sex he performed more on me than i on him, he did not ejaculate at the moment nor i let him ejaculate at all but not sure if there was precum, after this he tried rubbing his genitals on my behind but got he forced hi penis inside me for a split second cause it hurt a lot and i did not want to do anal unless protected so it was brief but it did hurt cause of the force he used in don't think he went all they way in but not sure it was less than a sec and said to stop then we continue to kiss and jack off he never ejaculated completely.

after this encounter i found out the guy was HIV+ by another partner he was going to have sex the guy told me he said "He was HIV positive and undetected" don't know what undetected means?

But at that moment my mind was going crazy this was 3 days after the exposure when i found out later after all the stress which i was stressing from day one if he was HIV positive or not i got Headaches, Neck Pain, Muscle pain around my jaw, arms and face which came gradually from 3 day to 4th after that it was on and off everyday and i would get like hot flashes when i got really nervous on the same day (3 day after exposure) i got what i think is petechiae on the palm of my hands like 3 pin points the 4th day i got 3 more and then been getting some around my neck, leg and arm there like little needle size red dots which my sister and mom seem to have the same all over but more than me like hundred more but i only got maybe like 10.

This was all happening from day 3 the same day i found out the guy was positive my guess was stress cause i suffer from Anxiety since i was 8 and i'm a little hypochondriac when ever i see something i go crazy, and i guess my stress makes it worse, i started looking in thousands of sites pictures and symptoms and i was almost certain that i got the virus still i'am, cause i hear that the virus gives you muscle aches and headaches and rash.

It's been almost 4 weeks since my exposure symptoms beginning 3 days after and i stopped having headaches and muscle pain in the arm and neck 2 days ago at that time i developed a 4 red weird spots that don't itch in the back knee i still have them today look a little better appart from those 4 big ones i got a few around my thigh like 4 on each very little.

Here's a picture of the 4 big one that suddenly appeared on the back of my knee
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9406/cimg8726q.jpg

and here a picture of the lil ones i have on my thighs
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9180/cimg8729.jpg

they don't itch except the big one did when they first appeared and then no more itch.

now just today i got back my neck pain headaches and arm pain it comes and go.

I have also had since the 3 days after the exposure like a tingling feeling on my chest wich made me cough a lilt just to get rid of the feeling

So from that, my symptoms were:
3 days after exposure petechiae, headaches, Neck pain which went to my arms, jaw pain and overall face tightness and like a earaches. Lasted 3 weeks the petechiae marks are still there though.

at exactly the same day i lost all my symptoms and developed the 4 big spots the little ones developed a week before and seem to fade away and come out somewhere else.

Now today i just got back my headaches, Neck pain, jaw pain, earache, and arm pain.

Also i forgot to mention the my penis is quite irritated and burn a little when i pee, still is this started 5 days after exposure.

About Swollen lymph nodes i do not know if there swollen i don't see anything to be swollen nor i feel any pain other than neck pain.

I have not have any Fever nor diarrhea.

My question are?

1. What was my risk?

2. What does HIV undetected mean and does it have a impact on me being infected?

3. Do my symptoms sound HIV/ARS related or could it be due to stress and anxiety or even another STD's?

4. If I had ARS symptoms with all my stress wouldn't have i gotten a fever since its so common?

5. If what i have are ARS symptoms since that day would i test positive by now 4 weeks?

Thank you so much.

edited to remove personal information at member's request
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 10:09:36 am by Ann »

Offline RapidRod

Re: Is this Stress HIV or Another thing??
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 03:13:49 pm »
Go back to MedHelp and reread all the replies that you were given in your 20+ posts. The answers here are not going to be any different.

Offline cali17758

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 03:22:55 pm »
Move on, Or No risk is not actually a accurate answer to me. I do appreciate it and i wish nothing further than i being fine, but i do believe i was at some point of risk not by oral but through the brief anal sex especially knowing the guys was positive. And i wish to be explained by some of the admin on here about my risk and symptoms.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 03:23:46 pm »
As long as you didn't have unprotected anal intercourse then you are worrying needlessly.

Getting oral is absolutely no risk for transmission. Giving oral is risky only in theory. In the real world of HIV it just doesn't happen that way. So you are worrying needlessly.

There's no need for testing. Whatever is going on with your symptoms has nothing to do with HIV. Instead of all this drama, how about just discussing the matter with your doctor.

And if you haven't already done so, read our lesson on Transmission. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.
Andy Velez

Offline cali17758

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 03:34:46 pm »
Thanks yes i did have a brief anal sex, but i want to know if my symptoms are accurate with ARS symptoms?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 04:10:53 pm »
Brief, I would say so, you claim it was less than a second.

Offline cali17758

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 04:20:50 pm »
Yes it was, my worried is that since it hurt so much cause the guy used force to get in with out any lube cause i wasn't going to do anal in the first place, that it got tear cause it was still hurting and some of his precum may had got in their.

About the doctor when i went to see one he told me to just get tested and didn't want to even check me for any my symptoms kind of like he got disgusted of me.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 06:12:24 pm »
If you had unprotected anal then you do have to get tested. For a final negative result you need to do that at 13 weeks after the incident.

In the future you need to remember that whoever is the insertive partner always has to be wearing a condom.

Your symptoms are not in any way HIV specific. And neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms will ever tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. Only an HIV test can give you that answer.

You can do an initial test at 6 weeks. Assuming you test negative it is very likely you will continue to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline cali17758

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 12:21:36 pm »
Thanks Andy & RapidRod.

Yesterday one of my lymph nodes in the back of the ear got a little swollen you can see the bean size bump from the mirror and i have very bad neck pain and weirdly an earache. I did went to the dentist the day before to get a cleanup in my teeth don't know if that matters, but today i went to the doctor and he checked my lymph node and said it was fine even though the bump showed up he says it normal size i don't know why?

Anyways yesterday when the swollen lymph node appeared it was exactly 4 weeks after exposure, I have been also poking all my lymph nodes to check if there swollen don't know if that can aggravate them?

The doctor told me my risk was low but since the guy was HIV positive and i did anal for at least a second (in and out) to get a tested at 6 weeks like you guys said and then at 3 months and then 6 months too!

What really worries me is the pain around my neck and the swollen lymph node i just can't believe this could be stress related. I also have a burning sensation when i pee and it hurts a lot for awhile.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 01:19:30 pm »
Quit messing and poking your lymph nodes.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 01:25:42 pm »
Discuss your pee problem with your doctor. We can't diagnose here but that would not be an HIV-related issue.

Leave your lymph nodes alone. You can create a REAL problem by squeezing, probing and otherwise bothering them. They are very sensitive.

You don't need to test beyond 13 weeks/3 months. 6 Months is a long outdated testing point. 
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.