Off Topic Forums > Forums Gatherings

Biweekly Peer Support Call

(1/30) > >>

Jim Allen:
Purpose/Scope:
The Peer support call aims to create a safe virtual meeting place for anyone living with HIV, regardless of how long they have been living with HIV, who wants to either offer support or gain support from peers with any aspect of living with HIV, including personal issues, stigma, practical problems, experiences, struggles, thoughts, ect.

Facilitator:@numbersguy82

Meeting Schedule:
The Peer support calls will be held biweekly on Fridays, and one of the facilitators will announce the next peer support call date in the thread.

Meeting time: 
4 PM PDT Friday
5 PM MDT Friday
6 PM CDT Friday
7 PM EDT Friday
1 AM CEST Saturday (Central European Summer Time)
1 AM CAT Saturday (Central Africa Time) 

How to join?

You will be sent an email invite once you have signed up, a few days before the support call starts. Video conferencing is through Google Meets; sharing your video feed is optional. 

Questions?
Please send a PM

There is also a social Monthly Virtual Gathering https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=77368

Jim Allen:
I am posting this and setting it as a "sticky" topic on behalf of @numbersguy82, who is going to be facilitating a peer support call.

I believe the first peer support call will be on Friday the 1st of Sept?

Tonny2:

ojo.            Hello there!… I wander what might be the main concern that people need support for. In my case, when I was diagnosed instead of worrying, I kept myself busy, and I think that being a busy I didn’t have a chance to any support. I know that everybody’s different, I wish you luck and I’m here if I can support someone.

Jim Allen:

--- Quote --- I wander what might be the main concern that people need support for. In my case, when I was diagnosed instead of worrying, I kept myself busy, and I think that being a busy I didn’t have a chance to any support. I know that everybody’s different, I wish you luck and I’m here if I can support someone.
--- End quote ---

:)

Tonny, I love you, excellent question, although, you know that things were different for us.

Things people could have issues with sharing their HIV status with their families, getting insurance, navigating the healthcare system, digesting just being diagnosed, taking their meds, facing stigma, internalized stigma, accessing healthcare or dental care, the challenges when dating, or just getting laid, getting jobs, travel, and living their lives etc.

I will not even start about the emotional and mental aspects.

Hope to hear soon that the eye surgery went well

Tonny2:

ojo.            Hello Jim, thanks for replying. I love you too, and I admire you. Well, now we have the basis to start with that by Weeekly support group. I wish you guys the best and I might sign up. to see if I can help someone and maybe I would be help too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version