Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:15:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772953
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 442
Total: 442

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: RUFF DAY  (Read 2433 times)

Offline lucas clay

RUFF DAY
« on: May 07, 2007, 08:43:35 pm »
Some days i just don't feel that good. told the doctor and the nurse and they just nodded, today was one of those days. some aches and some depression. came home and didn't want to do to much, but i did want to send a few thank yous for the warm welcome.
had some  p.m.s to read. some kind offers to chat if i need it.
 support from everyone, and a great link to some good rock and roll videos, still have the aches but the mood is in a better place,not as dark.
well I'm even going to grab a guitar and rattle the rafters a bit, unleash a little mayhem as uncle tedley calls it. poor Nadine will go to the farthest point in the house from where i am and crank up the t.v.
sympathy pm.s to her can be sent to this forum.

Offline Dachshund

Re: RUFF DAY
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 08:51:07 pm »
Nadine's a saint but we didn't have to tell you that. Expect a lot of pats on the head, now run along we are busy looks from the medical establishment...if you are undetectable they think you are fine. That's why ya got us, we got more experts on board than you can shake a stick at and some that even know what they are talking about. ;D We are here when you need us...rock on brother.

Hal

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 10:02:06 am »
Prozac has worked WONDERS for me.  I don't depend on it all the time, but every once in a while I need to take it for a few months to help me get back on track in my life.  You may consider the dreaded anti-depressant. 

I personally have been taking pills since I was about 8 years old, being diagnosed with ADHD WAY before it was cool.  So there really wasnt that mental block that some seem to have about having to turn to chemistry to help you out.  My dad is that way.  Wont take a pill to save his life.  Its stubborness on his part and I feel due mostly to his generation of men being brought up to show absolutely no weakness.  And he views taking meds as a weakness.

Since he has seen me rely on meds to keep me happy at times and more importantly to keep this blasted virus in check, he has opened up some regarding meds.  Even took 2 pills last year when he was in a deep depression.  (i didnt have the heart to tell him it takes like 2 or 3 weeks for the meds to truly take affect).  He is coming around.

Sometimes there is better living through chemistry.  Might want to take a look at it.  OH, and the relationship with the wifey got MUCH better on prozac!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 11:22:46 am »
Hi again Luke.

I know what you mean about those dark moods.  AcKc is right on about popping a prozac or two.  I had never taken antidepressants until I started my HIV meds.  There must be some correlation between the the HIV diagnosis, the meds and cloudy thoughts.  UGH.  So I started Prozac and no complaints.  I also make it a point to do some good hard physical exercise or work.  That always helps.

robert

Offline antibody

• "every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 12:43:37 pm »
keep playing that guitar. i know when i'm down finding a place that music can take me away from it all for a short time.
Timbuk      <50/ 794  CD4 10/06 
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06
Switched to boosted Reyataz Truvada 3/28/07

*Ask me about Medical Marijuana and how it can help you!*

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.