Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:02:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773155
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 217
Total: 218

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Living With HIV / Re: "HOPE DIES LAST"
« Last post by Tonny2 on Yesterday at 08:59:15 pm »

ojo.           @JimAllen, thank you, my friend for Reading sometimes even long timers need to hear from others because sometimes I feel like throwing the towel. But it is what it is we had to do what we had to do if we want to keep having a good quality of life. I really appreciate you lines, and of course I will keep you guys posted… Ha

ojo.          Sorry, sorry for the question, did he get us a settlement and his job?. If he just got a settlement that’s not good. My humble opinion… Hugs
I wish this claimant had received more that just 100k so they would have felt more of a sting where it counts!
i feel that about many legal judgments. Corporations and organizations are rarely actually "punished" by civil judgments and any policy changes are often short-lived
Def progress! TN is soooo backwards, but their cops are usually friendly. I had a good experience with one of their state troopers, who almost arrested me back while I was in high school.

I wish this claimant had received more that just 100k so they would have felt more of a sting where it counts!
good news!
Do I Have HIV? / Re: Terrified I have HIV - oral + blood from POS partner
« Last post by Jim Allen on Yesterday at 04:08:59 pm »
I’m not sure I appreciate your tone

I can certainly live with that.

So I warned you not to post about this again, it's now a 28-day ban*. I'm not going to pretend what you posted here was an HIV risk or needs testing as that would be a disservice to you and the community.

at the end of the day

No! At the end of the day, you had no HIV risk, no drama needed. Someone gave you a blowjob, who owes you absolutely nothing, kept their private medical information, which is no concern and has zero impact on you, private...you went to a clinic who correctly told you it's not an HIV risk, I agree 100% with them.

Nothing bad happened to you, and I'm not here to pretend otherwise. I get that you also did not like the clinic's assessment or attitude but I agree with them.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.
Asked and answered already. I did read your post three times before answering that you had no HIV risk.

Someone gave you a blowjob, who owes you absolutely nothing, kept their private medical information, which is no concern and has zero impact on you, private...you went to a clinic who correctly told you it's not an HIV risk, I agree 100% with them.

Get over it, talk to a therapist if needed but move on with your life.

I do wish you well but don't post about this again.

I’m not sure I appreciate your tone. I was lied to at the end of the day. I will report back after my test if it comes back positive.

« Last post by Jim Allen on Yesterday at 02:43:47 pm »
Asked and answered already. I did read your post three times before answering that you had no HIV risk.

Someone gave you a blowjob, who owes you absolutely nothing, kept their private medical information, which is no concern and has zero impact on you, private...you went to a clinic who correctly told you it's not an HIV risk, I agree 100% with them.

Get over it, talk to a therapist if needed but move on with your life.

I do wish you well but don't post about this again.

Use condoms & PrEP, get vaccinated against HPV, Hepatitis A & B and get an STI screening yearly.
Saliva is hostile towards HIV breaking down the receptors needed to infect.

Perfect. You had no HIV exposure, no risk, no PEP needed.

Receiving a blowjob lacks the conditions required for acquiring HIV; a bit of blood, graze on your penis changes nothing, thus, it makes sense that after 40+ years of this pandemic in terms of BJs, there hasn't been a single documented case of HIV transmission to an insertive partner (the person being "sucked"), and you will not be the worlds first.

Move on with your life.

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed.

Thank you Jim for the kind words. The clinic prescribed me PrEp.

Can you be so sure that there was no HIV risk? Like I said, there seemed to be blood on my penis and in their mouth. What if their blood got into the graze on my penis?

« Last post by Jim Allen on Yesterday at 01:57:15 pm »
There was also a lot of saliva from the person who performed oral sex during the encounter.

Saliva is hostile towards HIV breaking down the receptors needed to infect.

They refused to give me PEP and told me I’m not at risk for HIV. I explained about the blood and the fact the person is HIV positive and the doctors still refused PEP.

Perfect. You had no HIV exposure, no risk, no PEP needed.

Receiving a blowjob lacks the conditions required for acquiring HIV; a bit of blood, graze on your penis changes nothing, thus, it makes sense that after 40+ years of this pandemic in terms of BJs, there hasn't been a single documented case of HIV transmission to an insertive partner (the person being "sucked"), and you will not be the worlds first.

Move on with your life.

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.